IGNORED

John "The Hot One" Maxwell Leaving the Country

nausicaa

My guess is Steve wants to keep the location secret since if he said 2 weeks and Peru or Mexico , he knows a FJ member might easily find out the location and tell the real story. Maybe Steve doesn't want us to know John is traveling with a certain religious group, or that it is a religious conversion mission trip over visiting friends or that there is a possible courtship. Another theory is the Munck's were involved in ESL mission work so maybe Steve doesn't want them to know where John is going. Who knows with Steve, but we know we won't get any word clues, so I guess we will all have to look for clues in the pictures. Maybe we can invite some of those sleuths that look at pictures of the Bachelor finale and read weather reports and look at angles to figure out who got the final rose to look at John's trip photos.

We know John took the Uriah alone to Arizona? maybe he was meeting someone in Mexico and starting a courtship or friendship. It would be a long get to know you period for a Maxwell.

With all of Steve's secrets would anyone really be upset if John left for a year or two? The fans of the Maxwells would buy whatever Steve said John was doing and I assume everyone here would be happy he got some freedom.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My guess is Steve wants to keep the location secret since if he said 2 weeks and Peru or Mexico , he knows a FJ member might easily find out the location and tell the real story. Maybe Steve doesn't want us to know John is traveling with a certain religious group, or that it is a religious conversion mission trip over visiting friends or that there is a possible courtship. Another theory is the Munck's were involved in ESL mission work so maybe Steve doesn't want them to know where John is going. Who knows with Steve, but we know we won't get any word clues, so I guess we will all have to look for clues in the pictures. Maybe we can invite some of those sleuths that look at pictures of the Bachelor finale and read weather reports and look at angles to figure out who got the final rose to look at John's trip photos.

We know John took the Uriah alone to Arizona? maybe he was meeting someone in Mexico and starting a courtship or friendship. It would be a long get to know you period for a Maxwell.

With all of Steve's secrets would anyone really be upset if John left for a year or two? The fans of the Maxwells would buy whatever Steve said John was doing and I assume everyone here would be happy he got some freedom.

Hmm. I didn't know the Muncks were involved in ESL. Interesting.

To the bolded: Hell, FJ would rejoice and throw a cyberparty if John struck out on his own for a year or two. Look at us all getting excited because he is getting out of Maxhell for 2 whole weeks! Most fans would probably think it was more than time he left the fold.

The only people who would get upset are the Maxwells. Granted, they may not weep as prolifically as they did when Nathan moved across the street. They will deal with the trauma by focusing on finding a symmetrical way to pose the "family" for photo shoots and have a family meeting to decide what to call John during his absence. Would he be "extended family" because he is not living at home or do Maxwell men only become "extended" if they marry. :oops: That sounds a bit crude but I can't think of a better way to phrase it.

Can anyone shed any light on John's irrigation business and the CID and CAIS qualifications he claims? I'm still wondering whether it is a viable business. I know nothing about irrigation so all I've grasped is -- it's not a domestic lawn sprinkler system business!

Here's the link to the new and much improved website again: maxwellirrigation.com

What I find interesting is that Steve has been so closed-mouthed about John having obviously worked hard to get what seem to be legitimate agricultural certifications. I'm surprised he is not shouting the news from the treetops as an example of a Maxwell establishing a great home business.

...cutting the rest to concentrate on the irrigation stuff.

Yes, CID and CAIS are legit schooling and tests. And yes, it's for farmers, not lawns. USDA endorses the certifications. Here is the website: irrigation.org/cais/

What I find more interesting is here: irrigation.org/Membership/Find_a_Member_Company.aspx - So I pulled up Kansas and

John's says: Member Type: Consultant; Market Segments: Agriculture

Then another business (Kroy) syas: Member Type: Manufacturer - Branch; Market Segments: Agriculture

Products Sold: Backflow Prevention Equipment, Fittings-Aluminum, GPS/GIS, Hand Move Systems and Components, Pipes-Aluminum, Pipes-PVC, Side Roll Systems and Components, Sprinkler Systems-Agriculture

John just consultants on how to set it up? Who installs it? Where do they buy it from? And why wouldn't they just go to one of the many businesses that does all the work (consults, install, etc)?

For those not familiar with agriculture irrigation- this place is known in my area but they service Southern Michigan, Northern Indiana and NW Ohio - koviackirrigation.com/ (they are not certified). I know they do a lot of work in my area and they provide a full service (design, install and service).

Edit to finish my thought (darn work phone call got me distracted from FJ) - The MI/IN/OH company is an example of a place that is busy but not CID and CAIS certified. So irrigation companies aren't required to have certificates (unlike fertilizer companies). All of it brings me back to why just a consultant? Seems like he should be working for a company that offers everything to fully utilize his certificates.

Can anyone shed any light on John's irrigation business and the CID and CAIS qualifications he claims? I'm still wondering whether it is a viable business. I know nothing about irrigation so all I've grasped is -- it's not a domestic lawn sprinkler system business!

Here's the link to the new and much improved website again: maxwellirrigation.com

What I find interesting is that Steve has been so closed-mouthed about John having obviously worked hard to get what seem to be legitimate agricultural certifications. I'm surprised he is not shouting the news from the treetops as an example of a Maxwell establishing a great home business.

It reminds me of a discussion we had about the weird examples he used in the Buying a House Debt-Free book. Oddly, he did not use his sons as stellar examples but had strange, almost fictional for want of a better word, examples. They also seemed totally unrealistic. I'm making this one up but along the lines of: Little Eric saved his pennies and bought a chicken. He used the money from the eggs he sold to buy more chickens and a coop. He sold the chickens to buy pigs. He sold the bacon to buy cows. He sold the milk to buy land and horses. Then he built his house with the proceeds from his cheese factory. Now aged 20, Eric has a thriving dairy and horse farm, a cheese factory, and a debt-free house. Eric can start courting.

Does anyone else remember that? Sparkle? You have a great memory for Maxwell minutia. :)

By the way, the Maxwells are offering a whopping 19% discount for people who want to buy the Raising Sons Trilogy: Buying a House Debt-Free, Preparing Sons to Provide for a Single-Income Family, and Redeeming the Time. Steve, why not go wild and offer 20% off. So much easier to calculate!

The bold: This is like Josh Duggar--he started buying and selling early. Billy Bass, a singing fish, was among them [i hope that's the name]. Bought them on clearance at Wal-Mart [iirc] and re-sold to Mini-marts at gas stations and the like.

One John's "career." Maybe he did this? irrigation DOT org certification/ at the Irrigation Association?

Just saw the link--he did the Irrigation Association courses. It's linked on their irrigation site.

Stray thought: I wonder if Steve expects that exposing John to this "anonymous" other culture will actually drive him (John) back to the safety of the family, so that it's less like a Rumspringa and more like a fundie version of Scared Straight. Maybe the final hurdle in breaking John's purported rebelliousness? I dunno, just random speculation.

There's a new pic up, title "John Makes New Friends", with John among a bunch of men. Most of the men look Indian (India Indian)to me, though there is one black guy.

Interesting.

Oh, 2 pics! John at the airport. He apparently only took a backpack with him, so he wouldn't lose luggage.

There's a new pic up, title "John Makes New Friends", with John among a bunch of men. Most of the men look Indian (India Indian)to me, though there is one black guy.

Interesting.

Sounds like the title of a children's book. I'm not too familiar with the Maxwells but I give my 4 yo more freedom than they give their adult children.

Interesting.

I'm in the camp of South America on this one.

Are American staffed "ESL" schools common in India?

I was trying to read the signs on the fence in the background, but not clear enough picture to do that.

From that picture, I'm going with some place where people have both Indian and African ancestry, like a Caribbean country. But this is just speculation.

...cutting the rest to concentrate on the irrigation stuff.

Yes, CID and CAIS are legit schooling and tests. And yes, it's for farmers, not lawns. USDA endorses the certifications. Here is the website: irrigation.org/cais/

What I find more interesting is here: irrigation.org/Membership/Find_a_Member_Company.aspx - So I pulled up Kansas and

John's says: Member Type: Consultant; Market Segments: Agriculture

Then another business (Kroy) syas: Member Type: Manufacturer - Branch; Market Segments: Agriculture

Products Sold: Backflow Prevention Equipment, Fittings-Aluminum, GPS/GIS, Hand Move Systems and Components, Pipes-Aluminum, Pipes-PVC, Side Roll Systems and Components, Sprinkler Systems-Agriculture

John just consultants on how to set it up? Who installs it? Where do they buy it from? And why wouldn't they just go to one of the many businesses that does all the work (consults, install, etc)?

For those not familiar with agriculture irrigation- this place is known in my area but they service Southern Michigan, Northern Indiana and NW Ohio - koviackirrigation.com/ (they are not certified). I know they do a lot of work in my area and they provide a full service (design, install and service).

Edit to finish my thought (darn work phone call got me distracted from FJ) - The MI/IN/OH company is an example of a place that is busy but not CID and CAIS certified. So irrigation companies aren't required to have certificates (unlike fertilizer companies). All of it brings me back to why just a consultant? Seems like he should be working for a company that offers everything to fully utilize his certificates.

Ah, many thanks. That all makes complete sense. It's like kitchen renovations. Not being a DIY person, when I had mine totally renovated I could have used a high falutin' expensive "certified kitchen designer" but instead, and quite legally, brainstormed the design with my general contractor. She (yes, she!) then drew up the plans from my sketches, purchased the cabinets, etc. I picked out, and managed the demolition and installations with her subcontractors. So John is a high falutin' expensive certified irrigation design consultant. Good luck with getting work, John.

I agree, he should be partnered with an installation company (or companies) to get jobs at all. That disconnect was also on his earlier high school project-type draft, which honestly made me think it was an imaginary business website. How can a Maxwell work for another family? Only through marriage, of course.

OK, FJ sleuths. Start looking for suitable Christian family owned irrigation installation companies, marriage aged daughters a definite bonus, preferably within easy reach of Leavenworth, but some may be much further away. Perhaps even in an "anonymous" foreign country! I think the ESL teachers bit may have been a red herring.

Oh, 2 pics! John at the airport. He apparently only took a backpack with him, so he wouldn't lose luggage.

Come on, FJ peeps! Let's zoom in on these pics. I mean, how long did it take us to figure out who Elissa was and where they got married? We CAN figure out where John is going and what he is doing. I KNOW we can! Stevehovah cannot stop the brilliant FJ sleuths. Mwuahahahaha!

ETA: I am not condoning stalking. But this is so freaking ridiculous. John is either taking a trip, taking a job, going on a mission trip or courting for fuck's sake. All perfectly normal things to do (kind of). Yet Stevie acts like he is participating in the most top secret mission in the history of the CIA.

Is that really an airport? It could be a bus station. I'm still betting on Central or South America'

"John Travelled Minimalistic." Oh, Sarah! John travelled with minimal luggage.

Minimalistic derives from "minimalism" and refers to political policies, art or music.

Finally! For the first time EVER reading a Maxwell post, I actually smiled. Seeing John with non-family, non-dog and pony show people made me so happy. Looks like it makes John happy too.

My bet is on Central America. That might be why Sarah said International instead of overseas. And I think it has to do with irrigation.

Is that really an airport? It could be a bus station. I'm still betting on Central or South America'

"John Travelled Minimalistic." Oh, Sarah! John travelled with minimal luggage.

Minimalistic derives from "minimalism" and refers to political policies, art or music.

That is an airport. It is Kansas City International Airport. I recognize it from being there dozens of times per year.

That is an airport. It is Kansas City International Airport. I recognize it from being there dozens of times per year.

Wow. So Steve allowed John to go through TSA. Have we a fainting emoticon?

Ok, the lad in the front is wearing a Manchester City practice jersey, and I can't tell which team on the royal blue fellow behind him. This definitely looks central or South American. Soccer is not big in south Asia, but it's second to God just south of the US. I'll keep checking to see if the royal blue is a local or national team... glad my soccer obsession has some use for once.

Come on, FJ peeps! Let's zoom in on these pics. I mean, how long did it take us to figure out who Elissa was and where they got married? We CAN figure out where John is going and what he is doing. I KNOW we can! Stevehovah cannot stop the brilliant FJ sleuths. Mwuahahahaha!

ETA: I am not condoning stalking. But this is so freaking ridiculous. John is either taking a trip, taking a job, going on a mission trip or courting for fuck's sake. All perfectly normal things to do (kind of). Yet Stevie acts like he is participating in the most top secret mission in the history of the CIA.

There's a sticker on the left side of the pole that looks like it might be an image of a flag... it's a long shot... but when I went to look at pictures of flags of the world, the only ones that looked similar were by Australia.

On one hand, some of the people in the picture look like they might be from that part of the world. Hmm...

Ok, the lad in the front is wearing a Manchester City practice jersey.

I was thinking the same... and soccer (football) is pretty big Down Under as well! Admiral is also a clothing brand from the UK, but 2nd hand clothes go all over the world.

Based on the overall ethnicity of the guys in the photo, I was going to jump on the idle speculation bus and say Trinidad or Suriname. But there is no need for ESL in Trinidad so I will say Suriname or Guadeloupe instead.

Thanks, ThatSnark for the ID of the Man City practice jersey! I am also wondering about the royal blue fellow. Could it possibly be a cricket jersey instead?

I notice that John is the only man in the photo wearing TWO shirts. Dude, you are in a tropical country far from your parents. Lighten up & remove a layer.

Cricket jerseys tend to all have collars (as do some modern soccer styles) -- but collars are classic cricket wear, and these are crewneck or v-neck. The almost-hidden guy in the white jersey with blue trim could well be wearing the Honduras national team jersey.

I also vote Central or South America.

ITA with the above poster about John not needing two shirts. We survived seeing Joseph's nipples in that video he made. John, the world will go on if you only wear one shirt.

It does make me sad though to realize, as limited as John's life is, his sisters will never, ever have even a small adventure such as this.

I kind of hate this, because right now we are playing right into Stevehovah's hands. We all know he is reading this right now (fuck you, Steve! - that's my version of 'hi'), and rubbing his hands gleefully because of all the speculation that is going on, which is exactly what he wanted. Maybe not exactly from FJ, of course, more from their "readers". But really, Stevie, you know that most of your readers are from FJ anyway.

I just cannot wait until we figure out exactly where John is going and what he is doing. Because we WILL figure it out. Go back and read the Joseph Maxwell is Married thread, Stevie. How long did that take us? Here's the linky-poo:

viewtopic.php?f=96&t=23159

ETA: John, the world will be even better if you wear no shirt.

Not for the first time, I'm blown away by the knowledge and expertise of FJ members. And their powers of observation!

Identification of soccer shirts, cricket jerseys, airports (I doubt I could identify Logan, Heathrow or Gatwick from the background of that photo even though I've used them regularly) and whether soccer is played in S. Asia!

I am a terrible sleuth but this is fascinating reading. Steve should really stop challenging FJ's detective powers. It is a losing game.

Still voting for Central or South America.

Archived