IGNORED

John "The Hot One" Maxwell Leaving the Country

nausicaa

Oh Maxwells, you crazy weirdos. Posting every mind-numbingly boring detail of your cleaning schedule, but barely giving any info when John goes to another country (probably the most interesting thing to happen to the family in the last decade).

I wonder if John's friendship/partnership with John Marie has broadened his horizons a bit. Also, it's interesting that there is no mention of John's "friends" being missionaries. It just says they teach English. You'd think the Maxwells would jump on the opportunity to point out that John is going to visit godly people. It already looks suspicious and against Steve and Teri's teachings that John is going off by himself to a foreign country....

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll get excited when one of the daughters takes a solo trip out of the country.

Let's start with out of the house.

I did not know that! Thanks for sharing!

My daughter lives and teaches in Ecuador, but she teaches science, not English!

So with the whole "the country will remain anonymous" business, this is absolutely, without a doubt, related to a courtship. There is no other reason to keep the country a secret - he knows the FJ sleuths would crack who the young lady is in a hot second if he released that info. I'm officially calling it - John is courting.

I just read the comments on their post. Stevehovah is asked repeatedly which country and robotically answers "The country will remain anonymous." WTF? is he so scared that if he NAMES the country someone will try to kidnap his precious son? Paranoid, much? Just by writing "Nicaragua" he will lose his readers? I honestly cannot think of a sane reason not to call the country by name. He doesn't have to tell us the city or village, he doesn't have to give us the dates but this whole "mystery country" during "vague time frame" is just bizarre.

Because if Steve says "John will be visiting Mexico", he knows that the entire country will hear that and pack up and head straight for the US border in a mass evacuation attempt when they hear that a Maxwell will be coming to convert and/or sell them chorepacks. Poor Border Patrol.......first the PP, now this.

I agree, this is definitely about a courtship.

And we won't know for certain until they update the blog with pictures of John and his new wife on their wedding day.

In the comments, they say 2 times the country will "remain anonymous". They also say he will be gone 2 weeks.

What, do they think a FJ'er is going to dump everything s/he is doing and follow John??? :roll:

We'll know that John is courting when he buys his debt free home within a block of Maxhell HQ. Maybe Gigi's home is now available and she'll spend her widowhood in the girl's bedroom?

I'd love to see John break away and live independently and date a few friends of John-Marie's heathen hairdresser bride but, while he may not be quite as broken as his siblings, Steve has still managed to break him. I shudder to think what he went through as the "hard to train" child. Isn't he also the one who had to give up playing guitar because he had the godless temerity to actually enjoy it?

His big rebellious step of independence will probably be buying himself a Pepsi for the drive and sleeping an extra half hour even though the schedule that Sarah prepared and printed for his trip says to be up at 5 am Maxhell time for time with the Lord. Although Sarah probably also programmed alerts into his phone to keep him on schedule.

I think he's just embarrassed because they didn't realize that "New Mexico" is not a foreign country...

:roll:

The best guess yet!

Direct quotes from Titus2

The country will remain anonymous

Steve, why will the country remain anonymous? Do you seriously think that the FJ members who are joking and teasing you about finding John "hot" (I'll go with reasonably good looking) will flock to "anonymous country" en masse to seduce the lad. If you do think that you are seriously delusional. Time for a mental health evaluation. I mean that. If you are just manipulating your followers by pretending to be persecuted ... well that is time for mental health valuation too. One person (not me) challenged you. Non-violently. Every other FJ attendee, to my knowledge, has blended in with the conference and not heckled you at all. Believe me, it took a lot of self control. They have reported back here, but why is that so threatening?

In my public speaking career I've managed to withstand far more serious heckling than you have ever faced from FJ members. Grow up, Steve, and locate your gonads.

He'll be there about 2 weeks.

Called it!

No ambition to teach ESL ;).

Well, I should bloody well hope not. Teaching ESL is a skill that I doubt you have covered at the SOTDRT. It actually really annoys me when people get jobs in TESL without going through proper training and certification.

Is it a courtship mission to unknown country? I sincerely hope not.

My hope is that John isn't being lead by his penis (although I'd understand if he were) and that an "approved by Steve" marriageable girl is not on the horizon. I hope that John is being lead by frustration with Steve's limiting of his career opportunities. I also hope that his irrigation business is viable.

Steve's male childults need to strike out on their own before they can ever be decent spouses. Sorry Melanie, Anna (Marie), and Elissa, but your spouses are mere puppets in the Maestro's hands. I pity you all but wish the best for you. Perhaps they too will break free.

FREE SARAH! Also Anna and Mary. They too should not be limited by Steve . Sadly they have fewer options because they are female and Steve has them in a chokehold.

If John is making moves outside the compound perhaps there is hope for Jesse too.

In a past life, I used to be involved in a lot of missions type stuff. Frequently when a country is anonymous, it is because at a governmental level they are not welcoming to missionaries. Examples include China and a number of Middle Eastern countries. I suspect he is visiting missionaries who happen to teach English.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
My guess is China. Requires anonyminity in writing and has a tonne of missionaries who get in through teaching English.

We'll know that John is courting when he buys his debt free home within a block of Maxhell HQ. Maybe Gigi's home is now available and she'll spend her widowhood in the girl's bedroom?

I'd love to see John break away and live independently and date a few friends of John-Marie's heathen hairdresser bride but, while he may not be quite as broken as his siblings, Steve has still managed to break him. I shudder to think what he went through as the "hard to train" child. Isn't he also the one who had to give up playing guitar because he had the godless temerity to actually enjoy it?

His big rebellious step of independence will probably be buying himself a Pepsi for the drive and sleeping an extra half hour even though the schedule that Sarah prepared and printed for his trip says to be up at 5 am Maxhell time for time with the Lord. Although Sarah probably also programmed alerts into his phone to keep him on schedule.

He may have already bought one, or started to move in to Gigi's house.

God, I'm beginning to get paranoid about the Maxwells.

Only two weeks? They're fervently soliciting prayers that he'll successfully acclimate to the culture and he's only going to be there for two weeks? He's not moving there, just taking a sightseeing trip.

Just realized my original title created some confusion because I used the term "overseas" (which I typically use synonymously with "international.") Yes, technically he could be going to Mexico (Canada is unlikely since the friends teach ESL). Sorry for the confusion all; it was late when I created the thread and thanks for correcting, Coconut Flan.

And my bet is that he is going somewhere in Central or South America. When I was looking for an ESL teaching job a few years ago, while the majority of jobs are in Asia and the Middle East, there were quite a few in Chile, Mexico, and Brazil. And I know evangelical missionaries are really active in Central America.

And we won't know for certain until they update the blog with pictures of John and his new wife on their wedding day.

i give it three months. These Maxwells move at the speed of light once a courtship has been initiated.

I'm hoping it's to that faraway place with strange-sounding names: Quebec. Because there could be a call for ESL teachers to Francophone Quebecois & heaven knows, them Catherlicks ain't troo Chrischins, now, are they??

Oo la la, John acclimating to Quebec! Does my hard, cold heart good to imagine it.

Sadly, I will not be surprised if they've covertly remodeled Gigi's place for Prince Hot John and a missus. By this time surely they've cleaned out a bedroom in the mothership where Gigi can bunk.

Oh also -- I remember that at the Maxstravaganza I visited, John was having a pretty good time chatting with his brothers behind Steve's back, on stage, as they tuned up while Steve gave his introductory remarks. I remember being a little surprised that the boys weren't all perfectly ready and respectfully still and silent while The Paterfamilias rattled on.

I'm pretty sure the ringleader was John - he was a bit taller than the others and had more of a genuine grin. Definitely not bespectacled Jesse. Might have been Joe, wish I had been better able to tell those two apart at the time.

So with the whole "the country will remain anonymous" business, this is absolutely, without a doubt, related to a courtship. There is no other reason to keep the country a secret - he knows the FJ sleuths would crack who the young lady is in a hot second if he released that info. I'm officially calling it - John is courting.

That's just what I though! He's courting some missionary's daughter.

I'm not a Maxwell family expert, but from what I've seen, they keep a very tight leash on their children.

I'm wondering how John will deal with being in a foreign country alone for probably the first time in his life? I mean, for most of us here, it wouldn't be such a big deal, but do the Maxwells even let their children travel alone or do they always have to take an "accountability" partner with them?

I had friends in college who would do missionary work in Muslim or communist countries but would refer to it as "teaching English"." Some weren't supposed to say where they were going, just something like "Central Asia." So it IS possible that Steve has real reasons for not disclosing the country, but from what we know of the Maxwells, John is probably just going to Mexico and Steve is being Steve.

If it were a courtship, I doubt Steve would let John go there alone; he would need a parent or sibling for "accountability."

I am just cracking up about the country remaining anonymous! Their HOME ADDRESS is on their site. They don't care about safety. I think what they really want to keep anonymous are the friends john is staying with. Because of a courtship.

Whether it's 2 weeks or two months or more. I can just imagine the grilling Steve will give John on his return. "Did you have any impure thoughts? Did you look directly into the eyes of or talk directly to any female between the ages of 11 and 70? Did you (gasp) even "think" about masturbation!"

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I'm going to guess he's in Guatemala based solely on an image on the Maxwell Irrigation site.

If someone will tell me Gigi's last name I'll look up the house to see what's what.

If it were a courtship, I doubt Steve would let John go there alone; he would need a parent or sibling for "accountability."

Joseph missed his grandfather's funeral to visit Elissa alone - I think that was when he proposed. John may come back engaged - I wouldn't put it past Steve to arrange the entire courtship to be by Skype til engagement.

Poor Sarah if she has to be bridesmaid at the wedding of another reversal where the bride may be nearly young enough to be her daughter.

Archived