IGNORED

John "The Hot One" Maxwell Leaving the Country

nausicaa

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My comment didn't get posted. I only asked if the vehicle was a tuk-tuk.

The internationally illiterate Maxwells thought you were using bad words.

http://www.titus2.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=asia

Could John be away on a Gospel for Asia trip?

I think you're on to something!! Look at this, Gospel for Asia runs a

CLEAN WATER MINISTRY IN SOUTH ASIA

http://www.gfa.org/water/

eta: If this is what John is doing, good for him! He's doing more for humanity on this trip alone than the rest of the family has ever done.

Would the answer have given away the area where John is traveling?

And I know exactly which one you left. :D Very clever.

Something to think about, Steve.

:clap: Bekkah, I love your comment!!! :worship:

I agree Zandria- something to have Steve-o think about!

Gfa's website says it serves 18 countries, but only lists 10.

India, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, Laos and Thailand. 

I see Bekkah, but who was Esther? YOU ROCK!!!!! :character-beavisbutthead:

Just in case they delete the comment:

Truly heartbreaking. Every day I thank the Lord that in the United States my girls are given the opportunity to study, work and make their own homes with complete freedom. My aching soul prays for those who are not granted such basic human rights.

I see Bekkah, but who was Esther? YOU ROCK!!!!! :character-beavisbutthead:

Just in case they delete the comment:

I love your avatar!! I was just watching the dictionary episode yesterday! :lol:

I love your avatar!! I was just watching the dictionary episode yesterday! :lol:

Thanks! :mrgreen:

"We hail Prince George! We hail Prince George!" "No, We HATE Prince George, we HATE Prince George!" 3rd season is my favorite.

I thought it was about time to change from Aunt Irma (from The IT Crowd) to something different. Being on my period all the time was getting tiresome. :lol:

Just saw the comment then. That's gold!!

Is anyone else really surprised that comment got through?

Maybe Steve left Sarah in charge of the blog and she was simply unable to recognise the irony...

What are the chances He will realise and remove it?

He thought you were Referencing some ancient Egyptian dietiy.

Boredom at work led to the inspiration for that one. I have seen 3rd world

poverty first hand and honestly hope he gets some workings in his heart to recognize what god would want you to do.

New post is up - and lo and behold, the pics can't be enlarged. Oh Steeevie, you've been reading here again... :lol:

"Villagers" are referred to as "they," Maxwells are referred to as "we." And John drank a cold 7-Up. Can Pepsi be far behind??

More photos of John posted, wherever he may be. Sarah mentions so far, he hasn't been sick (since so many people get sick when traveling based on water, food, etc.). I'm guessing it's only a matter of time since his body is programmed only to eat what's on the schedule at the compound and he's had rare opportunities to vary with that.

It looks like their latest post was hastily edited.

"Foreign food can be an adjustment, and he doesn’t want to miss any time in country."

A word is missing the end :p

Any FJ experts on chickens? I'm sure we could pin down his location if we could tell what kind of birds those all are. :lol:

I'm guessing Sarah wrote "in country" deliberately; if she's spent any time with missionaries they might well have used that phrase. Though it should be hyphenated, I think.

That's not the same shirt he was wearing in the airport picture - same color but different neckline. And that's my detective moment for the day!

Way to crop out any distinguishing details, Steve. All this photo essay tells me is that the villagers are chickens, and that they love John. Big deal.

I think we all know that the thermos wasn't full of 7-UP, so the masses are still left guessing where in the corrugated tin world John is, or was. Leave your shoes on the doorstep and let's keep sleuthing!

Ah, that is pointing more and more to SE Asia. Shoes need to be taken off before entering any household usually because you don't want to track all that yucky things in. To me, a chicken is a chicken.

I just spent a half hour learning about chicken breeds. I couldn't find one that matches but I think they are hard pictures. Agriculture is becoming very monoculture so it is harder to pin some of those things down.

Lest anyone forget or mistake who they are talking about, it's a John MAXWELL update. Er, an update on his trip.

These people kill me more every day.

[dir=rtl][/dir]

It looks like their latest post was hastily edited.

"Foreign food can be an adjustment, and he doesn’t want to miss any time in country."

A word is missing the end :p

"In country" is how US soldiers described themselves while in Viet Nam during that war. Leads me to think Steve wrote the comment.

Poor Chef Anna. How's she gonna keep John happy with bean burritos now that he's tasted curry & coriander?

Those doomed ducks. Their future is statistically in someone's belly.

Friggin hilarious that the Tutus2 photos can't be enlarged. It's only the battle, Steve. You ain't won the war.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
My sister in law raises chickens and has taken husbandry classes and all. It's serious business to her. I'll ask if she knows.

ETA: She says she thinks they're a breed called a Cornish X (pronounced Cornish Cross) which is American but found all over. She did tell me John is certainly somewhere that has cold weather, likely not India, because the bird has a small comb. The combs act as air conditioners and so she says it's probably not India or the Caribbean but can't help more than that.

If "in country" is something Vietnam soldiers called the war that might be a huge tell. I wouldn't know: Tim O'Brien novels are the closest I've gotten. I could see Steve saying expressions left over from his service thinking they're still in use. He's been sequestered so long.

Ha, I love FJ. I learn something new every day. Just learned about meconium over on the Duggar/Dillard baby thread, and now here I've just learned about

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Rooster combs
. Love it!

Archived