IGNORED

John "The Hot One" Maxwell Leaving the Country

nausicaa

Hey guys, I'm Indian (currently living in India). Just to clarify - bindis are worn by Hindu women and girls.

Older married women generally have a large red bindi in the centre of the forehead while young girls or unmarried women have smaller black dots between the eyebrows/ low forehead.

But Muslim, Christian and even some Hindu women do not wear bindis. (I don't even though I come from a Hindu family).

Men never wear bindis.

Also the auto rickshaws or tuk tuks are generally open but can also be grilled on one side.

Just clarifying some things.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Statistically her future is very bleak". 

And yours is not, Sarah?

i would say her future is less bleak than Sarah's. Or really any of your children. She is held back only by socioeconomic concerns. Your children are being held back by a cult leader.

Posted

No to mention I have a pretty big issue with taking pictures like that, posting them and then concern trolling over them. I hate the maxwells.

I don't know who that girl is, but nobody's future is bleaker than Sarah's. I think the chances of her being able to live a normal life are pretty much 0.

Okay you guys, I just looked at the pictures in question - they definitely look south Indian or Sri Lankan. Probably not Bangladeshis or Pakistanis due to facial features and skin colour.

Also, a commenter said 'I'm sure he'll be an encouragement there'

John is definitely in an urban Indian city, with middle class men. Not sure why they need encouragement at all, especially the kind that John will bring.

Also with the picture of the girl - in rushed city traffic I don't see how the picture could be taken and be of such good quality, composition or lighting especially in a crowded traffic junction where these children sell products like stickers, flags and plastic toys. (dust, crowd, noise and general hustle)

He may have certainly encountered such a child (you can barely go a day in city traffic without seeing a few), but I feel like the picture is a stock photo put up by Sarah for effect /to show that he is doing great good to the country / spreading the word of Christ.

ETA: the photo would definitely need a really good /large camera but hasn't he packed light?

I think trip has come and past too. Remember John was nowhere to be found at Joe and Elissa's open house. And I'm still thinking it's Honduras.

John is definitely in an urban Indian city, with middle class men. Not sure why they need encouragement at all, especially the kind that John will bring.

Also with the picture of the girl - in rushed city traffic I don't see how the picture could be taken and be of such good quality, composition or lighting especially in a crowded traffic junction where these children sell products like stickers, flags and plastic toys. (dust, crowd, noise and general hustle)

He may have certainly encountered such a child (you can barely go a day in city traffic without seeing a few), but I feel like the picture is a stock photo put up by Sarah for effect /to show that he is doing great good to the country / spreading the word of Christ.

ETA: the photo would definitely need a really good /large camera but hasn't he packed light?

The winsome photo of the statistically unfortunate child was another suspicious piece of this phoniness -- er, publicity.

Meanwhile Katie Botkin is touring China. Don't know why but I'm tending to believe her blog is more-or-less real time and candid. It'd be interesting to contrast and compare the two trip reports. I would but this week is not good for long visits to the interwebz.

Kbotkin.com is her site.

Traffic may be crowded but not always rushed. In my experience, it can be really stop and go. I agree, you'd need a decent camera for that kind of image. I reverse image searched and it's not a photo from somewhere else, at least not that the site I used could find. I do wonder what they're concerned about. Is it simply because she doesn't love Jesus that her future is bleak? I can't imagine the Maxwells would ever read any real literature about the plight of children in different countries... Oh Steve, you're a strange strange man

I Really have a zillion other things I should be doing but that "Statistically her future is very bleak" infuriates me!

"Sarah"---though I have no reason to believe Sarah wrote that ---who are you to reference "statistics" wrt a bleak future? Your own future looks pretty certainly bleak to an awful lot of people! Who are you, Maxwells, to coldly reference a dark-eyed, dusky-skinned child who's trying to make money for her family in a legal way?

"Statistically," you smugly pronounce? What statistics? The middle-class in India and China are growing while ours in the US is shrinking. That girl and millions like her have a better chance of eventually earning a living wage that will provide them with a clean, dry, private home space, than do many.

Future bleak? What, are you too good to ask your puppy-eyed fans to say a prayer for Bleak-Future Girl? Is that too typical, too much like Save The Children ads on tv? Oh wait, you eschew tv, you wouldn't know about the organizations that actually try to help the poor, would you?

Your own futures are statistically bleak, Maxwells. How do you think Drew and Joshua are going to make livings in a country with a situation like ours? Like a less-moneyed version of the Duggars, your sons' families seem to be tippy-toeing thru life on the insubstantial home business Steve built with his windfall from his bogus discrimination suit.

Most of all, though, where is the Christ-like compassion for "the bleak"? No information on the people ESL is supposedly helping, much less a request for prayers for the workers, the students.

Just PHJ's smug, coffee-clasping mug amidst a dozen well dressed well fed men. Who are they? Shall we pray for them? Are they in prayer for their countrymen, for us fellow Christians??

You're no shining beacon of J E S U S -y service, support and compassion and you never have been.

I'm in agreement with those above who say you're really losing it.

I'm betting John is continuing to give you and your smirking accomplice Teri a difficult time and that's why "Sarah" has dropped any pretense of ministry in "her" blog posts.

As much as any tv shyster claiming the name of Christian, you repulse and disgust me. Figure out some other way to make money. Leave the name of the Savior of the world out of it!

I Really have a zillion other things I should be doing but that "Statistically her future is very bleak" infuriates me!

"Sarah"---though I have no reason to believe Sarah wrote that ---who are you to reference "statistics" wrt a bleak future? Your own future looks pretty certainly bleak to an awful lot of people! Who are you, Maxwells, to coldly reference a dark-eyed, dusky-skinned child who's trying to make money for her family in a legal way?

"Statistically," you smugly pronounce? What statistics? The middle-class in India and China are growing while ours in the US is shrinking. That girl and millions like her have a better chance of eventually earning a living wage that will provide them with a clean, dry, private home space, than do many.

Future bleak? What, are you too good to ask your puppy-eyed fans to say a prayer for Bleak-Future Girl? Is that too typical, too much like Save The Children ads on tv? Oh wait, you eschew tv, you wouldn't know about the organizations that actually try to help the poor, would you?

Your own futures are statistically bleak, Maxwells. How do you think Drew and Joshua are going to make livings in a country with a situation like ours? Like a less-moneyed version of the Duggars, your sons' families seem to be tippy-toeing thru life on the insubstantial home business Steve built with his windfall from his bogus discrimination suit.

Most of all, though, where is the Christ-like compassion for "the bleak"? No information on the people ESL is supposedly helping, much less a request for prayers for the workers, the students.

Just PHJ's smug, coffee-clasping mug amidst a dozen well dressed well fed men. Who are they? Shall we pray for them? Are they in prayer for their countrymen, for us fellow Christians??

You're no shining beacon of J E S U S -y service, support and compassion and you never have been.

I'm in agreement with those above who say you're really losing it.

I'm betting John is continuing to give you and your smirking accomplice Teri a difficult time and that's why "Sarah" has dropped any pretense of ministry in "her" blog posts.

As much as any tv shyster claiming the name of Christian, you repulse and disgust me. Figure out some other way to make money. Leave the name of the Savior of the world out of it!

I totally get your anger, I feel it too but I couldn't find the words to explain it like you did.

I hope the girl at least got payed for the use of her photo, but I doubt it. The post feels extremely cold to me.

Agree that Sarah's "statistically her future is very bleak" post is appalling. Agree that Sarah's future is also very bleak.

But no, I can't agree that her future is on the same level as a small child begging/selling on the streets of a city in a developing country. Children like this have uncertainty about every aspect of their lives, to put it mildly.

C'mon now.

Sarah has, at the very least, food and a bed to sleep in in a heated house with running water and sanitation, with access to medical treatment and a minimal form of education. She may have no awareness of the richness of the world that is available to her, but at least that world exists.

None of this makes her post any more acceptable. Just think we need a reality check about levels of "bleak".

I'm having pleasant memories of the Joseph is Married thread when a brand new poster jumped in and identified Elissa within hours!

Thanks Sense and Nonsense for your information.

Welcome!

Maybe his ESL friends have a great camera?

I get so annoyed with the comments about John being such an encouragement. I just hate the smugness these Christians have that they have it all so figured out. :pray:

I LOL'd at "John calling from a bar in Phuket and saying he is never coming home." I'd like to add in while his German boyfriend in Speedos his standing next to him :cracking-up:

I'm having pleasant memories of the Joseph is Married thread when a brand new poster jumped in and identified Elissa within hours!

Thanks Sense and Nonsense for your information.

Welcome!

Thank you :)

Never felt like I had much to contribute in FJ as you guys have the snarking down to an art. Glad to finally be of help [emoji1]

Agree that Sarah's "statistically her future is very bleak" post is appalling. Agree that Sarah's future is also very bleak.

But no, I can't agree that her future is on the same level as a small child begging/selling on the streets of a city in a developing country. Children like this have uncertainty about every aspect of their lives, to put it mildly.

C'mon now.

Sarah has, at the very least, food and a bed to sleep in in a heated house with running water and sanitation, with access to medical treatment and a minimal form of education. She may have no awareness of the richness of the world that is available to her, but at least that world exists.

None of this makes her post any more acceptable. Just think we need a reality check about levels of "bleak".

ITA. Sarah's future is bleak by choice (maybe or maybe not her own choice, but still...), the child's is bleak through no fault of her own. I hope John is truly jarred and heartbroken by what he is seeing. There is nothing like seeing poverty and want up close to change a person.

I do understand and agree with MJB's post and anger as well, though.

When I saw that picture I wondered if John felt a little ashamed that once upon a time he bragged on the blog that he prayed to see the Northern Lights and his wish, uh prayer, was answered.

Not to mention all the other mundane things for which the Maxwells ask for prayer.

This just in: John and Jesse, two grown men, enjoy sharing a room. Of course they do, Steve. A small part of me hopes they do enjoy sharing a room because it's the only place they can talk openly about their non-Maxwellian plans for the future.

Sandra says:

April 11, 2015 at 1:22 pm

Looks like John is having a great time! I’m praying that he has a safe trip. Is Jesse enjoying having his own room for the fortnight?

>>>>>>>>

They enjoy sharing the room.

I lived in India as well, at first those guys looked very Indian to me as well. I remember I don't think I ever saw a black person in India. To me, that black person looks foreign. The clothes also look very Indian. That whole scene, just seems India to me. I am very curious to find out! I feel like we are being duped. That tree is also familiar to me, I'm wondering if its a banyan tree with the three branches. I need better pictures of the trees to be able to compare them.

I haven't visited Goa in India but I traveled a lot around the country through my exchange program. I would vote Kerala for India. There is reasons, its called God's own country. Thomas the apostle supposedly visited there to be missionary to the Indian people. It is not an overly crowded place.

I have had tea out of those little plastic cups, very common to have tea in a setting like that all over India and there is frequent tea products.

The one thing that strikes me is that picture. It just is familiar to me in so many ways. The little girl and traffic being slow. It is easy for beggers. It would make sense for someone writing a post or caption to call a rickshaw or tuk tuk a trolley if you have never been exposed to that word.

Oh the other thing, I tutored English in a primary school when I was in India. It would be very fitting. Lots of Christian organizations. I need some more pictures of clarity to be able to place things. He def isn't in Rajasthan or Kashmir part of India. He is def not in Nepal because Nepal has mountains everywhere. Sri Lanka is also a contender. I would also say Bangladesh isn't option because I don't think Steve would send John to a majority Muslim country.

I lived in India as well, at first those guys looked very Indian to me as well. I remember I don't think I ever saw a black person in India. To me, that black person looks foreign. The clothes also look very Indian. That whole scene, just seems India to me. I am very curious to find out! I feel like we are being duped. That tree is also familiar to me, I'm wondering if its a banyan tree with the three branches. I need better pictures of the trees to be able to compare them.

I haven't visited Goa in India but I traveled a lot around the country through my exchange program. I would vote Kerala for India. There is reasons, its called God's own country. Thomas the apostle supposedly visited there to be missionary to the Indian people. It is not an overly crowded place.

I have had tea out of those little plastic cups, very common to have tea in a setting like that all over India and there is frequent tea products.

The one thing that strikes me is that picture. It just is familiar to me in so many ways. The little girl and traffic being slow. It is easy for beggers. It would make sense for someone writing a post or caption to call a rickshaw or tuk tuk a trolley if you have never been exposed to that word.

Oh the other thing, I tutored English in a primary school when I was in India. It would be very fitting. Lots of Christian organizations. I need some more pictures of clarity to be able to place things. He def isn't in Rajasthan or Kashmir part of India. He is def not in Nepal because Nepal has mountains everywhere. Sri Lanka is also a contender. I would also say Bangladesh isn't option because I don't think Steve would send John to a majority Muslim country.

Kerala would definitely fit, they have a significant Christian population and missionary organisations. The pictures also indicate Kerala.

Also, there are black people settled in urban India, in fact a family on my street are from the US and are black.

Kerala would definitely fit, they have a significant Christian population and missionary organisations. The pictures also indicate Kerala.

Also, there are black people settled in urban India, in fact a family on my street are from the US and are black.

Cool, what part of India? I lived in Kolkata and attended University. I think it all depends on the part of the country, I was on the east coast so it would make sense that I would see less black people than the west coast.

I just wish we could see some writing because than we could narrow it down substantially in India especially.

Bleak is of course a relative adjective. It's the coldness in the use of the term that fries my emotional eggs. "Ah me. Yes, the hopeless poor. Doncha knoooww, our Lord 'n' Savior said, "The poor will always be with you." Not much we can do about them. Why pray for Sticker Girl when we are busy praying that Nathan will suggest that his daughters be allowed to pet the chipmunks?"

BTW, I can't fault a young PHJ for praying for a look at the northern lights nor the ABC girls for praying for a benevolent chipmunk outcome. Kids only know what they're taught. IT IS A GODDAMNED SIN to teach kids - or Internet fans - to ignore the needs around them.

There's a disconnect in Maxhell every day. The enormity of this one is truly telling.

I'm hung up on the title of the latest blog post, "the Difference is One Country." Does this mean that if the girl was born one country away, her life would be less "bleak"? Or does it mean that one country is coming in and making a difference (gag)?

Archived