IGNORED

John "The Hot One" Maxwell Leaving the Country

nausicaa

Steve's crazy grows stronger by the day.

That's all I've got.

I think we all know Sarah wants to have children, in fact it's all she's been raised to want, and yet Steve continues to stand in her way.

I cannot even with the irony.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gilligan's island.

Chicken combs.

REI.

Spicy food.

7-Up.

backpack travel.

Craziness.

Ethnicity.

Detective work.

Flags of foreign nations. (Where is Sheldon Cooper when you need him? "Fun with Flags")

Bindis.

This thread encapsulates just what I love about FJ.

Thank you. Thank you all. :D

I hear you. It's kind of like Orange is the New Black, or House of Cards. When there's something new to read, I get all excited. When there's not, I'm tempted to binge-re-read from the beginning. This thread really does have it all.

I wanted to post this a bit ago and didn't, but now we're talking about old posts, so it's perfect:

blog.titus2.com/2010/02/16/treasures/

Check out Sarah flashing her cash that she got off of little kids. Real modest.

Many of the things Steves says are reasons people don't want kids are reasons I always wanted kids. I have one and want another.

Steve is a moron, and I second the poster that pointed out his own daughters have no children.

Stupidest thing I've ever read. As if Christians are the only ones who love and have children.

Hey Steve, I notice none of your way grown daughters have children yet. So what's their problem? Don't love the Lord enough? Not in God's word enough? Not enough purpose? Bored? Which is it?

So, what happened to bring this about?!?!

Did he just find out Nat & Mel were really using birth control the first 4 years of their marriage? :shock:

Did Chris just inform his he delayed marriage until he was 32 because he wasn't sure of having kids? :o

Did Joe and Elissa not have enough sex causing them to take a whole *five* months to conceive? :think:

Is he upset because John and Jesse are spending to much on "toys" instead of saving for their houses, finding wives, and having their own quivers? (I mean, they are sssoooo ooollldddd.....) :naughty:

His 3 daughters are adults and not a courtship or marriage in site. Hey, is Si Duggar can court at 18, his daughters certainly can. (I think we all know, Steve can mouth off all he wants, he will never let his daughters marry and be under the headship of another man.) :music-tool:

I don't think he would make such judgemental statements about children who don't want children if it had happened to him. He says bored children lead to lazy children, chaotic home life, and less love for the LORD. I seriously don't think he would admit to readers such a giant parenting failure on his part. This is some whacked out sales pitch for whatever it is they sell nowdays.

So, what happened to bring this about?!?!

Did he just find out Nat & Mel were really using birth control the first 4 years of their marriage? :shock:

Did Chris just inform his he delayed marriage until he was 32 because he wasn't sure of having kids? :o

Did Joe and Elissa not have enough sex causing them to take a whole *five* months to conceive? :think:

Is he upset because John and Jesse are spending to much on "toys" instead of saving for their houses, finding wives, and having their own quivers? (I mean, they are sssoooo ooollldddd.....) :naughty:

His 3 daughters are adults and not a courtship or marriage in site. Hey, is Si Duggar can court at 18, his daughters certainly can. (I think we all know, Steve can mouth off all he wants, he will never let his daughters marry and be under the headship of another man.) :music-tool:

I had hopes for Josiah courting Mary Maxwell. I know Steve would never let a makeup wearing calves flashing Duggar harlot marry into his family, but the lure of celebrity and all the extra sales may convince him to give a daughter to the Duggars.

I had hopes for Josiah courting Mary Maxwell. I know Steve would never let a makeup wearing calves flashing Duggar harlot marry into his family, but the lure of celebrity and all the extra sales may convince him to give a daughter to the Duggars.

Agree. I'm also of the view that Josiah Duggar and Mary Maxwell would have made a fine pairing. Though I'm not sure if I would rule out all Duggars girls as inappropriate for say, a John Maxwell. Perhaps Steve would consider someone like Jana Duggar as meek, obedient and pliable enough to marry into his family. I could imagine that. What I couldn't imagine is Jim Bob supporting a Maxwell pairing. Despite my views of JB, I still think he'd want his daughters to be happily married and not in bondage to a life of servitude, a la Maxhell.

I need Steve to explain how his children are not bored all day? All these people do are clean and pray for death. How is that not boring? Am I somehow missing the excitement of thinking about where I go when I die? If Steve's kids aren't bored, but aren't allowed entertainment, then what exactly are they? You can be busy, such as when you work a real job, and still be bored.

No maxwell girl will be allowed to marry unless the man is local or agrees to move to the Maxwell neighborhood. Even though Steve believes women should move to be with their men (the boys' wives) - those rules do not apply to his own daughters. So good luck to them trying to find anyone acceptable.

Steve has a new Dad's Corner out about having children that want children. I wonder if this is prompted by John's trip - maybe he is not settling down with children like Steve wants him to do.

Will your children love children and want to have children of their own (your grandchildren)?

The more bored your children are,

The more they love entertainment,

The more they dislike work,

The more conflict they experience in the family,

The more disorganized and chaotic their home-life is,

The more deprived they feel,

The less purpose they have,

The less you have their hearts,

The less they love God’s Word,

The less they love Jesus,

the less likely your children are to want to have children. Each of those things could contribute to your children’s not loving children. Why? Because as adults your children will want to serve themselves and make up for whatever they think they missed growing up. If you try to satisfy their wants, you never will succeed because the flesh is never satisfied!

The solution is to raise sons and daughters who love the Lord Jesus Christ and delight in pleasing Him. Frankly, children are a lot of work, but not compared to the blessings they bring. They are the only real gift that we can give back to the Lord.

articles.titus2.com/will-your-children-have-children/

Aaaaah this Dad's Corner is bananas. At this point 100% of his children are grown adults and yet 75% of them aren't parents so what does that say about how Steve raised them, and about Steve himself, by his own metric?

In fact, so far the only ones who've had children themselves, Nathan and Christopher, are also the ones who attended school (however briefly) and played sports and had friends and fun. Something to think about....

New post. Lydia's newborn pictures. Terrible photography of Christopher as always, I think Ruthanne is the cutest kid of those two... Joshua is kinda creepy to me and Lydia is not really cute but maybe she'll change for the better. Anna Marie looks radiant to me.

Anyone else see the reference to Guatemala posted in the comments on their blog? Could this be a hint? Or a red herring?

I hope John ends up on the beach in Goa, or Chiang Mai, smoking a joint, eyeing up hot girls (or boys), taking his shirt off and enjoying life.

RUN JOHN, RUN!

Gilligan's island.

Chicken combs.

REI.

Spicy food.

7-Up.

backpack travel.

Craziness.

Ethnicity.

Detective work.

Flags of foreign nations. (Where is Sheldon Cooper when you need him? "Fun with Flags")

Bindis.

This thread encapsulates just what I love about FJ.

Thank you. Thank you all. :D

FJ's Internet/Idle Speculation Bus doesn't have a turbo diesel engine--it has a friggin' warp drive, enabling it to cover vast amounts if territory at dizzying speeds. It handles like a dream, too--how many buses can take the kinds of hairpin turns, sudden offramps, and obscure side roads this one does?

Oh, and the seats are comfy, pets are allowed, and FJers always make the stiffest drinks and bring the best snacks.

Leaves Uriah in the dust, it does... 8-)

I'm absolutely against drugs and have never so much as held a joint....but I can't help but wish John finds some weed and a sexy woman ( or man) too!!!! He looks hot and happy in the zoo photos too probably knowing he was on his way to FREEDOM afterwards!! Go John go! And take Jesse with you!

We've all noted John's semi-nude state! lol One T-shirt. According to holiday-weather.com, Columbo, Sri Lanka has an average high of 29C( 84F) for April; Goa, India - average 33C ( 91F) for April; Kathmandu, Nepal - average high 28C ( 83F) and Phuket, Thailand - 33C ( 91F) for April. I can just picture the Maxwells using white-out for Phuket.

According to Wiki, Mumbai - average high for April is 33C; Delhi - 37C for April; Kolkata ( Calcutta) - 35C for April.

Any guesses?

For all their use of schedules, timing is obviously not a Maxwell strength. They've drawn this out and provided precious little to keep moving the adventure along. I have lost interest. I'll keep watching here, though, in hopes that the reason it's being so slowly revealed is that they've received a phone call from John asking them to forward his personal items to "Where's Waldo-land"...but that they can keep the bibles, thank you very much.

I think we all know Sarah wants to have children, in fact it's all she's been raised to want, and yet Steve continues to stand in her way.

I cannot even with the irony.

All the girls want children, maybe Anna most of all. It is pathetic.

All the girls want children, maybe Anna most of all. It is pathetic.

Emotional incest? Botkin syndrome. That is all.

No post on John for a while ....perhaps he gone off the grid. I left a comment asking if he Skybed for family bible time. Not offensive at all. Unless it went unpublished because I said he looked to be having f*n?

Well, I'm late to this party, but just for the record, my first guess is India, my second and third would be Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, respectively. The men in that group photo are clearly from the Indian subcontinent, probably southern India, going by their coloring (though that could include Sri Lanka). If you look at some of the chicken photos, you can see palm fronds, which indicates somewhere more tropical and probably warmer, which would rule out Nepal or Bhutan, both of which are mountainous and not, so far as I'm aware, especially riddled with palm trees.

India's close history with England could easily explain why that one guy had a Manchester City shirt on. Someone alluded to the cost of sports jerseys, but honestly, knock-off sports shirts are incredibly easy to come by in the developing world, so while I doubt those men are poor by local standards, assuming that they're rich or upper middle class based on what they're wearing could be stretching things a bit.

Archived