IGNORED

John "The Hot One" Maxwell Leaving the Country

nausicaa

Argh, I thought I had it with the Honduras guess, but that may have been my own bias of being born and raised in an area of the U.S. that is mainly Hispanic, so those guys look like they're from Central America to me. But those of you from S. Asia are making awesome points. Now I'm confuzzled :shrug:. But I am enjoying the great detective work of everyone.

However, I do agree this trip is over and done with and John is already safely back at the Maxwell compound, eating two animal crackers a day and enjoying sharing a room with Jesse :roll:. I think he may be a bit of a rebel and Stevehovah wanted to make sure he actually returned before making this public. Fingers crossed next time John goes on a trip, he stays gone.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Argh, I thought I had it with the Honduras guess, but that may have been my own bias of being born and raised in an area of the U.S. that is mainly Hispanic, so those guys look like they're from Central America to me. But those of you from S. Asia are making awesome points. Now I'm confuzzled :shrug:. But I am enjoying the great detective work of everyone.

However, I do agree this trip is over and done with and John is already safely back at the Maxwell compound, eating two animal crackers a day and enjoying sharing a room with Jesse :roll:. I think he may be a bit of a rebel and Stevehovah wanted to make sure he actually returned before making this public. Fingers crossed next time John goes on a trip, he stays gone.

Likewise. I thought I was on to something with my Dominican Republic guess but am now also having second thoughts about it. Although I do still think he's in or around the Caribbean for some reason. I mean, he got there quickly and travelled lightly - for a warm climate, I expect. I'll stick with Hispaniola until I'm compelled to change my guess lol.

I also tend not to agree with those who have suggested the trip already took place. It would be too much of a blatant lie for even Stevehovah I think. And Sarah was asking for specific prayers in real time - that would be sacrilegious! Not to mention completely disingenuous to their few remaining fans - is it just me or for such a big, life-altering event (by Maxhell standards) does it seem their post comment count is quite low from fans on their blog? I would have expected many more comments by people, especially if this is a sudden, secret mission. No, I also suspect some of their fans are 'in the loop' if their trickery us as blatant as we suspect. Maybe they're all messing with us - hence the ambition to teach ESL and the cheeky wink.

I revel in the idea of John being all by himself on a flight to South Asia. With layovers, those are ofter over 24hours. Can you imagine the freedom? In seat video entertainment that can't be tracked by Steve!!!???

You sure? Maybe Steve still has connections at Boeing. :lol:

Steve is such a nutjob. Only he could write a blog post about an adult going on a trip and make it so weird and speculative. What would have been wrong with something like this:

"We are so excited to announce that John will be traveling to (blank country) for two weeks to work in underdeveloped villages doing irrigation work to filter clean water to people who do not have it. This is a wonderful opportunity for John to gain experience in the field of irrigation, as well as serve people in the manner that Jesus did. He will be joined by his friends, so and so. Of course, we will miss him but we are so happy for him to have this opportunity. Please join us in praying for John on his journey!"

I'm going with Nepal. He's trying to be like Derrick..lol.

Or it's all a hoax and Steve is superimposing John into photos and using stock photos of a little girl and making up stories for Sarah to share. John is really locked away at a reprogramming camp.

I've ridden tuk tuks in Sri Lanka, and the traffic can certainly be slow enough, when you are held up by security checkpoints or random elephants, or stopped altogether, to take pics of street kids. I

"Statistically her future is very bleak". 

And yours is not, Sarah?

l would like Sarah to show me the statistics. I would also like to know how she got them as, at 33 years-old, she is still not considered mature enough by her father to use Google.

c1109a2d7ac2bee74729840637a8c600.jpg

This boy behind him on the picture is a dead ringer for Sri Lankan or South Indian. The various posters/ bills on the walls and tree are also pointers towards SE Asia.

I am not sure that is always true of children selling in developed nations. Don't get me wrong, it's a problem. But it doesn't always indicate complete uncertainty.

Also, while her socioeconomic circumstances may be bleak, I don't actually believe Sarah's chance for freedom of the mind is anything but considerably less bleak. I believe this child, even if you assume the worst about her current state has more of a chance to live as a free, albeit poor relative to American standards, adult life than Sarah.

Steve is the sort of bloke who thinks of physical existence as nothing more than an opportunity to secure a place in the afterlife (and to convert as many people as possible). I doubt he gives much of a shit about this girl's prospects outside of that.

I read Sarah's comment to mean something like this: Only 0.001% of XYZ nation are Christian . So statistically, this girl has a 99.999% chance of going to hell when she dies. Where are you going when you die?

I am with those who think John is somewhere in South Asia. I don't think he is in India, though, unless it's some remote area where they don't already have a lot of English speakers.

John is the newest Carmen San Diego!

The guy in the American flag t-shirt looks Latino, and the guy in the pink shirt looks to be of African background (once again, to me). The rest of the men appear to be South Asian.

I'm going to guess he is on some sort of trip related to his irrigation business. Location, though I'm stumped. At any rate, he sure has a nice, wide genuine smile...he seems to be having a great time.

John, it's your opportunity...get out of MAXHELL!

The announcement of Joseph & Elissa's pregnancy in the middle of this John-travels-to-Anonymousland Narrative makes me think that the timeline really isn't fudged--that this trip really is happening now. If he had already returned from the trip, it seems like they would have done the preggo announcement before or after the trip story. But perhaps I am expecting too much from critical thinking skills taught at the SOTDRT.

Sri Lanka, recovering from decades of civil war, seems like a good place for irrigration aid projects.

The announcement of Joseph & Elissa's pregnancy in the middle of this John-travels-to-Anonymousland Narrative makes me think that the timeline really isn't fudged--that this trip really is happening now. If he had already returned from the trip, it seems like they would have done the preggo announcement before or after the trip story. But perhaps I am expecting too much from critical thinking skills taught at the SOTDRT.

Sri Lanka, recovering from decades of civil war, seems like a good place for irrigration aid projects.

I am very confused by the pregnancy announcement smack in the middle of John's trip. I mean, couldn't they have waited until he returned or announced it before he left? I am wondering if Steve really wasn't expecting this level of curiousity and speculation and we wimminz using our brains to try and figure things out. Hi Stevie! Let your children go - all of them.

I agree that Sarah came across as a total jerk in her post about the little girl. "Look at this child. Her life will probably be terrible. The end."

I mean, okay? Did John care about that enough to do something to help her? Are the Maxwells praying for her or donating money to help street kids in the Anonymous Country? Can they point their readers to resources to help kids like this, if any of them are moved by the photo? Or did they just want to let us know that John stuck a camera in some little girl's face while she was trying to earn her meager living so Sarah could turn her into titus2 pageviews? Does Sarah even realize how callous she sounds or has Steve trained all compassion out of them?

If John is spending his two weeks really seeing poverty up close and he returns to Maxhell content to sit indoors reading the bible and praying all day instead of actually getting out into the world to help people, then there's something broken inside of him. His sister certainly seems to have gone that way.

So far as Steve's helping anyone beyond those directly related to him by blood, he limits it to those who already believe as he does and who are almost exclusively white, middle class caucasians.

Oh and def part of my feelings on the post is because the bleak future for that little girl is simply one where she isn't a Christian as Steve defines it. Or maybe she has friends.

They have never cared for the physical well beings of others before. I don't think they would start now.

Wherever he is (my bet is on one of the countries close to Australia with a blue flag with stars on it) only a Maxwell would have to go to the other side of the planet to find a mate willing to marry them! AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT STEVE.

Wherever he is (my bet is on one of the countries close to Australia with a blue flag with stars on it) only a Maxwell would have to go to the other side of the planet to find a mate willing to marry them! AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT STEVE.

Question for the future. When John marries and has to travel on business, will the wife be "sheltered" under Steve's "umbrella" and stay at their house? One other question--I can't keep the little brothers straight--does he have a house yet?

I think the pregnancy announcement came in the middle of John's trip becuase people are asking too many questions. It isn't as though they couldn't wait a few weeks to announce it. They aren't Brad and Angelina whose pregnancy secret may be leaked by the tabloids. The Maxwells were looking for a distraction.

I think the pregnancy announcement came in the middle of John's trip becuase people are asking too many questions. It isn't as though they couldn't wait a few weeks to announce it. They aren't Brad and Angelina whose pregnancy secret may be leaked by the tabloids. The Maxwells were looking for a distraction.

This!

I got a comment posted on the blog without any editing....I must have sounded good enough! haha...it was fun to write it....

It's totally possible the pregnancy announcement was put on the blog just as an announcement with nothing to do with posts of Johns trip.

But I'm thinking its a distraction. And it maybe one of the reasons Joseph's writing is so awkward. Okay, that's probably due to his education, but possibly Steve hurried him along to make the announcement before they were ready. (And I know I'm making grammatical errors here, in a hurry)

I feel like the men clearly do not look like they are from Latin america but I guess I could be wrong. It happens sometimes.

Look at this comment

Of course. Because a grown man wouldn't want to admit to enjoying a room to himself. She didn't even answer the question. Does that mean Jesse doesn't enjoy being alone in the room?

Because sharing a room relieves a Maxchidult of the overpowering urge to rub one out and condemn him/herself to the eternal fires of Hell.

I got a comment posted on the blog without any editing....I must have sounded good enough! haha...it was fun to write it....

And I know exactly which one you left. :D Very clever.

Something to think about, Steve.

I dare say if it weren't for FJ, Steve wouldn't have ANY comments on PHJ's story!!!

PS: Buy some stickers, John, you skinflint.

titus2.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=asia

Could John be away on a Gospel for Asia trip?

Archived