IGNORED

When fundies self diagnose / Narcissism thy name is Lori

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
:oops: :ew: :oops: :ew:

Today, in Lori's sooper sekrit group she posts this:

Am I misreading this, or does this sound horrific and way TMI to the rest of you?

:wtf:

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
So now lori is sharing her wet dreams online?

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Why are you "NOT supposed to share dreams" ??

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I don't know. Probably some dumb rule put in place when she was trying to kick Jilly out for being too buddy-buddy and sharing things not related to being a wife/mother. But it's okay for Lori. Obviously. :roll:

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I don't know. Probably some dumb rule put in place when she was trying to kick Jilly out for being too buddy-buddy and sharing things not related to being a wife/mother. But it's okay for Lori. Obviously. :roll:

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I think you should ask. Ya know, for a friend ;)

IMO, it looks like Lori is taking another jab at Ken. Maybe Ken doesn't like what he does and finally said something to her. Maybe Ryan said that he didn't want to be a part of Ken's business anymore.

Also, :wtf: is going on with this page?!

I don't know. It's not a forum wide issue, just this page. I'm trying to figure it out, but not having much luck.

I was current with this thread, so I know which posts were made after it started, but I've looked at the code in all of them and don't see anything amiss :(

Weird formatting -- the revenge of God!

Lori prayed for it, and Ken told her that 99% of heathens have something go wrong with their forum when she prays.

I know this because I saw it in a dream, but I am not supposed to tell you about it.

Also, am I the only one who doesn't feel the slightest bit guilty about my dreams? I had a sex dream last week about my weightlifting coach and I told my husband and we had a laugh about it. *shrug* I can't control what I dream.

Also, am I the only one who doesn't feel the slightest bit guilty about my dreams? I had a sex dream last week about my weightlifting coach and I told my husband and we had a laugh about it. *shrug* I can't control what I dream.

I feel guilty for my dreams sometimes, depending on the level of coherence I have in them. I may have a sex dream and not feel guilty at all because I was completely unaware the whole dream. Or I may have a dream where I flirt with a guy and I feel guilty upon waking up because in my dream I was well aware of the fact that I had a boyfriend who does, in real life, exist, and I chose to flirt with this other guy anyway.

I always felt like I was weird in this, though. I have varying levels of lucidity in dreams, and that affects how I feel when I wake up.

She is sooooo fucking creepy. Have I said that before? Because if not, let me reiterate, Lori is really very creepy. :evil-eye:

Oh, Lori--I am a woman senior to you, so let me share with you some wise counsel: You are a galloping twunt.

In 1932, in the depths of the Depression, after my hard-working, college-educated grandfather had lost his shirt, my grandmother gave birth to her third child. My mom, who was 7 at the time, remembers her father weeping at the kitchen table, terrified he couldn't feed another mouth. Grandpa spoke to the priest about whether birth control wouldn't be a good idea during such desperate times, and the priest replied, "God will provide." Grandpa, disgusted, stopped going to Mass.

Millennials job-hop so much because they have inherited a god-awful economic climate. Most large companies in the US don't reward loyalty and long service anymore. Pensions are rapidly becoming extinct. The concept of "starting in the mailroom and working your way up" (as my MOTHER did post-WWII) isn't happening. Young workers nowadays take a job, work there long enough to realize they've hit a brick wall, and bail in the forlorn hope they'll do better elsewhere.

A generation ago, I worked in customer service at a phone company. On the whole, we were treated with respect, and the environment was hospitable. A similar job, with a similar company, pays much less nowadays, and the reps are under extreme pressure to sell-sell-sell or lose their jobs.

So, Lori, allow me to reiterate: You are not only a galloping twunt, but an amazingly ignorant and stupid one as well.

The woman whose ass Lori is licking today sounds...exhausting. I've strained an eye muscle rolling my eyes at her martyrdom.

The woman whose ass Lori is licking today sounds...exhausting. I've strained an eye muscle rolling my eyes at her martyrdom.

Actually, I did/do quite a few of those things myself (other than family cloth -- no thank you). But I lost it when I got to "share bathwater" because oh hell no. I'm all about living an environmentally friendly life, but even I have my limits.

Yeah, that woman sounds like a bucket of self-righteous joy. UGH.

Also, this:

My kids don't do organized sports.

Organized sports can be worth an whole helluva lot. My older sister ended up getting college for free via a scholarship through organized sports. If a family has any substantial athletic talent, I actually believe you are doing your kids a disservice by not encouraging them to try several organized sports to see if one sticks because sports can give kids educational opportunities and a financial stepping stool they wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

Not that the woman in question likely cares about her children's educations.

Actually, I did/do quite a few of those things myself (other than family cloth -- no thank you). But I lost it when I got to "share bathwater" because oh hell no. I'm all about living an environmentally friendly life, but even I have my limits.

If they have a family membership to the YMCA, why not just shower there more often? Let everyone wear flip flops so they don't pick up anything from the floor, and they can have all the fresh water they want.

Penny pinching will look different from place to place. When we lived downtown, we were able to save by walking instead of driving, and by taking advantage of free or nearly free programs. One trade-off, though, was that we had very little space and nothing - not even a balcony - outdoors, so gardening was simply not possible.

Also, Lori, I'd like a source for this:

Most women today simply put things on their credit card, thus digging their family deeper and deeper into debt.

What a false dichotomy: either you use reusable family toilet "paper," or you're a shopping addict who puts everything you want on a credit card.

:roll:

Also, Lori, I'd like a source for this:

What a false dichotomy: either you use reusable family toilet "paper," or you're a shopping addict who puts everything you want on a credit card.

:roll:

And it's only the woman, of course. Not the man. Never the man. :roll:

If they have a family membership to the YMCA, why not just shower there more often? Let everyone wear flip flops so they don't pick up anything from the floor, and they can have all the fresh water they want.

Penny pinching will look different from place to place. When we lived downtown, we were able to save by walking instead of driving, and by taking advantage of free or nearly free programs. One trade-off, though, was that we had very little space and nothing - not even a balcony - outdoors, so gardening was simply not possible.

It isn't even necessarily about penny pinching for me. I just want to live as responsibly as I can. We are within walking distance of a couple different local stores (so convenient), we have a garden (which I love love love), we buy ethically farmed or game meat (which is most definitely NOT cheap), etc. We rarely ever go to movies because yeah, it's really wasteful imo to spend $50 or more to see a movie that ends up just being meh. Unless it's a movie we really, really want to see, we wait until it's available On Demand. We do spend a small fortune on tv/Internet, but it's worth it to us. We recycle, reuse, upcycle as a way of life. Heck, I still have my kids' prefolds from years and years ago because they make EXCELLENT cleaning cloths. I make my own cleaning products for the most part because I have a kid who is allergic to darn near everything.

I wonder if Lori realizes how many people (Christian or not) do lots of those things just trying to be ethical, responsible people.

This one really got to me. I don't know why. Other than I feel so bad for the kids who are stuck in a dirty place, without any activities or friends, pretending it's 1890. Which is weird because I really don't like a lot of the "keep up with the Joneses" attitudes about how every child needs a bath and should be wearing fancy clothes and have an ipod and all the gifts in the world and be tomato staked.

We breastfeed, use cloth diapers, napkins, 'mama cloth', 'family cloth', line dry, solar cook, burn wood for heat that we harvest ourselves. We cook on the wood stove, buy all clothes that we NEED second hand {except socks and underwear}. We pick as many wild blackberries as we can during the summer and freeze them.

Good for you. How much water are you using to clean your cloth diapers, mama cloth, family cloth? Hope you live somewhere with inexpensive water. How much soap? How much TIME are you using to clean all of this fabric?

Hope you live in a wooded area, because I live in an area with tons of trees and I still think wood is more expensive than using electricity. Unless you are chopping it down yourself, which, again, how much time are you using to do this?

I pick my own berries in the summer, because berry picking is fun. And it's a pretty cheap way to get both entertainment and some desserts.

It's dark and cold for most of the year, so I only line dry inside the items that need to be. Also I live on a corner lot and don't have a back yard. Must be nice. Also, time spent hanging and moving clothes around is time I could spend doing something productive. Like typing this post. Or going for a hike with my family or running, or swimming. Or I could be doing something to increase my skills at work so I could make a difference to the people I serve. Since I don't think you care about that, it's time you could be spending praying for forgiveness. Or time playing with and enjoying your children or friends.

I make my own cleaning products, personal care products, and most condiments. I would also add that we have a child with multiple severe food allergies, and I do buy our staple foods in organic versions and make all my own baked goods, treats, etc. from healthier ingredients.

K. Did you know that some of the online recipes on making your own laundry detergent is actually more expensive than Costco? I did the math. I make my own condiments sometimes, because I don't use enough of anything other than hot sauce to buy it on a regular basis, and it's easy and cheap. But I still think name brand ketchup and mayo tastes better.

We have SLOW Internet, no cable. No smart phones. No fancy gadgets. We do have newer vehicles, one that we are still paying on, and my hubby just bought a motorcycle for its fuel efficiency for his commute. We have a small backyard flock of chickens for egg and for meat.

Do you want a prize? The majority of millennials are cutting the cable cord. I did it ages ago. We have internet only also. So do most people I know. My "fancy gadget" is a lifeline. I use it to text family members, track my fitness, look at the internet, talk to people, work, send emails, etc.

Our vehicles are paid off. My commuter bike is better than your husbands bike, because mine is actually fuel efficient - I use my own power to fuel it.

I don't have a backyard, and our side yard is used to grow vegetables. Chickens would be bear bait anyway. (Although I really wish I had the space and a government/HOA/neighbors that didn't think front yards needed "look" a certain way to "be up to code")

We use natural lighting and open the windows when it gets hot; we don't turn the A/C on until it gets to 85 degrees. We unplug all of our electronics when not in use, except for the fridge, upright freezer, alarm clock and the electricity that runs our well pump. My kids don't do organized sports. If they get a gift that they really don't like, we store it to re-gift to a friend. We don't do big birthday parties; just milestone birthdays. We limit their Christmas gifts to 5 things; a want, a need, a wear, a book and a new Christmas ornament.

Are there people who don't "use natural lighting" and "open the windows"? Gross. I'm picturing some sad family in a climate controlled environment with all the shades drawn and florescent lighting beaming down at them. The father reaches for the window and everyone shrieks away from the light and fresh air. God, MOST people open windows and use natural lighting.

We should unplug more. Sorry, you got me there.

Organized sports are important. Not only does it teach children healthy fitness habits, it's a way for them to socialize, learn "soft skills" and leadership, teamwork, and responsibility. Having another adult in their life is also good, it's another person to look out for them if they need advice. It's another person to notice changes that can get overlooked by someone who sees them every day.

Why not limit Christmas to having them make gifts for each other? What is the purpose of the ornament?

Vacations consist of visiting family in another state. We limit driving. We limit eating out, or impulse shopping; we stick to the grocery list. If the kids don't leave the house or play outside, they don't take baths. When they do bathe, they share bathwater. I clean the shower with baking soda when I take my shower. We ask for new shoes from grandparents at birthdays and Christmas.

I clean my shower when I'm in it too!

Vacations are vacations. I don't care what you do on vacation, but isn't the point of saving money so that you can do something with it? I mean, you probably aren't saving for the children's education, you don't care about them so much. You aren't saving for a better house or retirement. What is the point? Unless you aren't actually saving money and this is a way for you to actually have a bank account that only reads $0 on payday.

Do people not stick to their grocery lists? I guess not, otherwise that aisle of candy and magazines at the checkout would have something useful in it. Well bully for you. You do something that plenty of other people do, and only buy what you came for.

You ask for family members to buy your children shoes for birthdays? Earlier you said you don't celebrate birthdays. What crappy gifts. Gifts should be something that the recipient would use and enjoy, and wouldn't buy for him/herself. Well, I guess kids wouldn't buy shoes for themselves. But still, they should be getting gifts personalized to their interests.

I work at our local YMCA to get a free family membership. We got rid of all of our carpeting so I could just sweep the floor and not have to use electricity to vacuum. We hardly ever, ever go to the movies, if we do its the second run theater. We don't have expensive hobbies, or participate in expensive activities. I sell things we no longer need on EBay. I could go on and on. I'm always looking for ways not necessarily to SAVE money, but to stretch my husband's hard earned income more.

I never go to first run movies. I don't have carpet, most people in my area don't. I thought you didn't believe that women should work?

I participate in expensive hobbies, but only because I make them expensive.

Lots of people sell what they aren't using on the internet. You aren't special.

What DOES Lori do all day? Besides proselytizing on her blog, imagining that she is mentoring hundreds of women and generally being a blister on the ass of society.

Do they still have any children living at home? Does Lori volunteer anywhere, babysit her grandchildren, take any classes, work a part-time job, busy herself with fun hobbies, ANYTHING?

Or does she literally wake up every day, turn on the computer and "mentor" for 12 hours straight with maybe a nap thrown in somewhere?

I just see her as having a sad, pathetic existence.

Archived