IGNORED

When fundies self diagnose / Narcissism thy name is Lori

The definition of narcissism is "an extreme selfishness, with a grandiose view of one's own talents and a craving for admiration, as characterizing a personality type." What she described as Millennials seems fairly narcissist in my opinion!

~extreme selfishness (putting the needs of yourself BEFORE the needs of your infants/children)

~grandiose view of one's own talents (thinking you've saved thousands of marriages)

~craving for admiration (constantly reminding people you are a "Godly" older woman and therefore have a say in their life. Editing comments to reflect praise that has not been given)

Yep, you totally nailed it Lori. You are a classic narcissist! Well done.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's perfect for her. She can.not. be wrong. EVER! When she started editing comments to make them agree with her and congratulate her on such a great post I knew she had passed the point of no return. :music-tool:

Soooooooo when other people do it, its narcissism, Lori, but when you do it youre just being right. :roll:

Soooooooo when other people do it, its narcissism, Lori, but when you do it youre just being right. :roll:

She's just God's little mouthpiece. Your argument isn't with her- it's with him :penguin-no:

I can't get over how much Lori's writing sounds like a bad freshman composition essay. Especially this:

"Bethany Mota was on Forbes Magazine. When you're on Forbes cover, you've made it and she's 18 years old! There's 80 million Millennials; a huge population that are hungry for success...incredibly entrepreneurial, very collective and collaborative because of social media." These words were said by Chelsea Krost. She's defending the Millennials as not all being narcissists, lazy and entitled as many are labeling them.

Therefore, their definition of success is making a ton of money and becoming famous so they can buy a ton of stuff and live like they want.

What? The word "therefore" is completely inappropriate there. She's just using it so it sounds like she's making a point.

And cite your sources, Lori! I mean, I guess she can't because she doesn't have any.

Also, Lori, I'm a millennial who lives on my own and supports myself. I'm neither lazy nor entitled. I didn't poke a hole in my diaphragm because I felt entitled to stay at home and not work. I was a nanny and didn't insist on leaving the kids in their rooms for hours at a time because I felt entitled to take a long afternoon nap. I don't edit people's comments because I feel entitled to the agreement of everyone in the world because Jesus.

WTF is she writing about the generation that went through the Great Depression?

Yes, they did work hard, in an effort to keep a roof over head and food on the plate. Quite true, and exactly what every other person says.

Then, she comes up with "they didn't use birth control for baby control". WHAAAAT?

The birth rate fell during the Great Depression, quite dramatically: http://www.prb.org/Publications/Datashe ... ation.aspx

It rose again when the economy improved. Most women, living in a time when food and jobs were scarce, apparently didn't want to simply trust the Lord to provide for another mouth to feed. That work hard part often included women too - unmarried girls would drop out of school to go to work and help support the family (like my grandmother did), married women would do whatever they could to provide for their families as well within the limits of job shortages for everyone and the need for childcare. Putting up their feet, piously declaring that God didn't intend for them to work was not an option if the family risked starving.

She's just God's little mouthpiece. Your argument isn't with her- it's with him :penguin-no:

I would pay actual dollars to watch her debate Steve Maxwell on pay per view. What happens when Jesus has two different self-proclaimed infallible mouthpieces and they disagree with each other? Hilarity ensues.

I would pay actual dollars to watch her debate Steve Maxwell on pay per view. What happens when Jesus has two different self-proclaimed infallible mouthpieces and they disagree with each other? Hilarity ensues.

She'd have to call Ken and put him on speaker after 10 minutes. :lol:

She'd have to call Ken and put him on speaker after 10 minutes. :lol:

and then Ken would talk to him for the next 6 months

And cite your sources, Lori! I mean, I guess she can't because she doesn't have any.

Alexander, Lori. Lori's Ass Full of Fabulous Facts and Fevered Imaginings. 6th ed. Vol. 1, 879. Somewhere, Calif.: Ken's Ass, 2015. Print. 9.

HTH!!!

WTF is she writing about the generation that went through the Great Depression?

Yes, they did work hard, in an effort to keep a roof over head and food on the plate. Quite true, and exactly what every other person says.

Then, she comes up with "they didn't use birth control for baby control". WHAAAAT?

The birth rate fell during the Great Depression, quite dramatically: http://www.prb.org/Publications/Datashe ... ation.aspx

It rose again when the economy improved. Most women, living in a time when food and jobs were scarce, apparently didn't want to simply trust the Lord to provide for another mouth to feed. That work hard part often included women too - unmarried girls would drop out of school to go to work and help support the family (like my grandmother did), married women would do whatever they could to provide for their families as well within the limits of job shortages for everyone and the need for childcare. Putting up their feet, piously declaring that God didn't intend for them to work was not an option if the family risked starving.

yup and to add to the fact that because of the drop in birth rate the godly men didn't feel the need to satisfy their libido knowing they couldn't afford to feed another kid. gee I think that is what people with mutual respect and true partnership do for each other- survival of the strongest family unit that comes together to get through it.

OT - My grandfather said he barely remembers there was a depression even though he was 15 when it hit. He lived on a diary/crop farm, not rich but had resources. They had a garden and milk and meat and their barn got painted by others every year- even though it didn't need it. Others would paint it for food payment- there wasn't any of this grifitng that we talk about with other families.

Add in Jill Rodrigues to the debate- (she just said the same thing this week) :popcorn2:

I would pay to watch Lori debate with absolutely anyone, but she would be required to cite her sources and not rely on Ken. She would dissolve into a pile of angry screaming in about five minutes because she is incapable of dealing with people who disagree with her. Ken, if he was allowed to have a public debate, would bore the other person to death with his long, nonsensical monologues.

IMO, a person has to have some level of narcissism to act like they speak for God and it seems like fundies from Miss Raquel to Bill Gothard claim that their thoughts, ideas and opinions are actually God's. They created a god that is in their own image.

I don't even need to see Lori debate. I would just want to see her have to answer legitimate questions without calling in Ken to come save her and without resorting to "You just have a problem with God."

I don't even need to see Lori debate. I would just want to see her have to answer legitimate questions without calling in Ken to come save her and without resorting to "You just have a problem with God."

With the words "exception" and "red herring" being taboo.

Basically, I just want to see Lori have to speak intelligently about ANYTHING. That will never happen because she is completely incapable.

She really is so blind that she can't see that she fits this definition TO A TEE!

If she could see that she is a narcissist, she wouldn't be a narcissist. It's what makes narcissists so infuriating - even when you point out their inconsistencies, they have an easy and ready reason for it. Either that or they just keep repeating themselves with no explanation.

Someone correct me if I'm misremembering, but aren't millennials supposed to be less materialist than some of us older people. Isn't that why it is harder for older generations to manage/motivate them?

I don't want to read lori's post....

She was more talking about how it's horrible that we want to aim for fame and work outside the home...and aspire to be wealthy. Thanks Lori.

She was more talking about how it's horrible that we want to aim for fame and work outside the home...and aspire to be wealthy. Thanks Lori.

Ah, wasn't ken bragging that he was "retirement ready" in his 50s? I wonder if she calls him out for that?

I think that would trigger Lori to a Landru impresssion:

RaTDnN8.jpg

I think that would trigger Lori to a Landru impresssion:

RaTDnN8.jpg

Can you imagine the two of them in the house together all the time?

mushroom-cloud-o.gif

Archived