IGNORED

When fundies self diagnose / Narcissism thy name is Lori

Here's the thing...I bet everyone one of us does at least a few things to economize, and some of them might be on that depressing laundry list on that post. But I bet Lori does NONE of them. She wouldn't want to be inconvenienced one little bit, because of her female fraility (but BIBLE!) and HER depressing laundry list of the 1000 ways Lori is sick and suffers constantly.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BFD to today's post. I do a lot of those things too...AND work full time! No garden, but there are farmer's markets here. No "vacations" here, we do a lot of day-tripping or car shows/meets. I LOVE second hand stores, I have a rule that for every new article of clothing I buy, at least one article of clothing has to leave. I recycle, upcycle, refinish, all that stuff too...just because it's fun.

However, if that psycho bitch thinks I want to live on my husband's disability check, she's out of her friggin mind!

Organized sports don't actually have to cost much. Soccer from 3 - 17 year olds is like $25 per season in city youth leagues. I'm sure most places are similar. I hope these women aren't just assuming that sports cost to much. Yeah, a private travelling ice hockey team would probably be out of most budgets. But their city's rec. department should have some options.

I'm surprised she hasn't mentioned using a Diva Cup, but I guess that would involve a discussion of lady bits. I wouldn't use "mama cloth", but a Diva Cup works for me (although my girls wouldn't go near one).

Maggie Mae - good point about the time involved.

Lori views staying at home as some sort of house arrest ordered by the Bible. Actually paying attention to your children and responding to their cues, or having their father play a major role in their lives, is not important. Parenting is strictly something that a mother does during daylight hours.

OTOH, during the times that I stayed home with my kids, I figured the purpose was to have time with my very young children. I didn't decide to give up my income temporarily so that I could scrub toilets, wash "mama cloth" or "family cloth", forage for wild berries or wood, spend hours clipping coupons and running from store to store, or live in an unsafe/infested home. I did it because I thought that it was the best choice for the kids and the family, and when it ceased to be the best choice, I returned to work. There are times that you need to ask yourself WHY you are doing something.

Re sports: my son is a hockey goalie, so I do understand that it's not a cheap activity. He learned a lot of his skills from hanging out in the basement with a friend, taking turns taking shots at the net. I think that the organized sports have been a great opportunity for him (and for bonding with his dad, who is one of the coaches), but lower cost options for free play or cheaper city activities exist.

My sister could give Lori lessons on budgeting. She shops thrift stores, cooks at home, drives used cars, paid down her mortgage and carries no debt, uses Groupon and even used IKEA as a free fun outing for the kids. Of course, she also works and had her husband stay home for a year, mostly because she's more concerned about her kids and meeting her son's special needs than meeting Lori's demand that she be a keeper at home.

Organized sports don't actually have to cost much. Soccer from 3 - 17 year olds is like $25 per season in city youth leagues. I'm sure most places are similar. I hope these women aren't just assuming that sports cost to much. Yeah, a private travelling ice hockey team would probably be out of most budgets. But their city's rec. department should have some options.

I think some of it is the cost, when you have more kids, that stuff adds up. (Obviously, I'm speaking to the choir here.) Beyond the fee for whatever sport they choose, there is the driving and the equipment and the socialization with other kids. However, back when I was a new to the mega families for JESUS world, I signed up for a forum that we don't name here. And the moms of many siblings were all SO against organized sports. Organized sports were on the list with sex before marriage, abortion, kissing, swearing, and wearing immodest clothing. It was a resounding NO! from the anti-choice, soldiers for jesus crowd. I honestly think it was mostly because they were lazy and didn't want to take time to drive different kids to different places. So everyone lives as a family, no kid gets anything of their own. No individual interests, no development as a person with unique skills and talents.

Also I think some of them really were super poor and couldn't have afforded program fees, shoes, equipment, and exercise clothing for 8 "blessings," even if they wanted to.

Also I think some of them really were super poor and couldn't have afforded program fees, shoes, equipment, and exercise clothing for 8 "blessings," even if they wanted to.

I thought about that after I posted it. Yes, transportation, cleats, shin guards, etc.. would all add up. I'm sure if they explained the situation to whoever is running the program, they would waive the fee. That would still put them having to ask for everything else. And I'm sure even even some fundies don't want to grift. It would be nice if the churches could at least do family softball leagues, but I suppose that would put the conservative Christians playing liberal Christians. And they don't want to be exposed to that.

I thought about that after I posted it. Yes, transportation, cleats, shin guards, etc.. would all add up. I'm sure if they explained the situation to whoever is running the program, they would waive the fee. That would still put them having to ask for everything else. And I'm sure even even some fundies don't want to grift. It would be nice if the churches could at least do family softball leagues, but I suppose that would put the conservative Christians playing liberal Christians. And they don't want to be exposed to that.

I would say that scholarships would depend on who is running the league, of course. Some of the fees have more to do with insurance than actual cost of running the program (especially in established programs with minimal equipment costs, like outdoor/midnight basketball)

I really love athletics and sports and I know that lots of people had a hard time with PE as children, but I feel strongly that most people would benefit from finding some sort of physical activity to do. And good habits start young, and for me, kids in sports is something that good parents make happen. The benefits of learning teamwork and responsibility to other people is important. And yes, so is art and music. In a perfect world I would get every kid into every extra curricular activity they want to try during early elementary/jr high, and in high school they could specialize (but still have art/music and an athletic sport/game (even if it's quidditch), along with a strong curriculum including a foreign language.)

buy all clothes that we NEED second hand {except socks and underwear}. We pick as many wild blackberries as we can during the summer and freeze them

Is this the martyr Olympics? Well I have bought my kids second hand socks(it isn't as bad as it sounds. :lol: My oldest child can lose and ruin socks like crazy and Value Village will sell socks in excellent condition for 40 cents, so that is what she gets a lot of the time) and I pick wild blackberries, blueberries(which are hard to pick), persimmons, muscadines, and pears. So in this category I fucking win! :dance:

Re sports:

They are great for those kids who like it.

I wouldn't, however, push a kid too hard to play a team sport if they clearly had no interest.

I was one of those kids who hated just about all team sports, and my Ds in phys. ed. reflected that. I was perfectly happy doing other physical activities, like swimming or dance or hiking, so I did much better once I hit high school and was allowed to choose my phys. ed. activities.

It's also not fair to the other kids on the team if there is a reluctant player. Not every kid is going to be talented in a house league, but a kid who is being a suck or who doesn't bother to show up really hurts the team.

Lori's blog today should simply read: "I have nothing new to report."

Seriously, how many ways can you say the exact same thing????

Re sports:

They are great for those kids who like it.

I wouldn't, however, push a kid too hard to play a team sport if they clearly had no interest.

I was one of those kids who hated just about all team sports, and my Ds in phys. ed. reflected that. I was perfectly happy doing other physical activities, like swimming or dance or hiking, so I did much better once I hit high school and was allowed to choose my phys. ed. activities.

It's also not fair to the other kids on the team if there is a reluctant player. Not every kid is going to be talented in a house league, but a kid who is being a suck or who doesn't bother to show up really hurts the team.

Agree. Our kids are not in any organized/team sports (unless bowling counts). It just isn't their style -- their dad and I also weren't particularly sporty people either, for that matter. Doesn't mean the kids are lazy sloths. One of ours disappears Friday afternoon and doesn't come back until Sunday evening because he's all over the place outside, visiting friends, playing in the park, etc. (Yes, he comes back to sleep and sometimes to eat, but we rarely see him once the weekend hits). All three are avid cyclists (as are their dad and me), and we love to go hiking, swimming and things like that. We just aren't into organized sports. I'd rather a kid do what he/she loves doing re: physically than put a kid into a program he/she isn't into in the name of good parenting.

Lori's blog today should simply read: "I have nothing new to report."

Seriously, how many ways can you say the exact same thing????

In Lori': case: every day for 5+ years

In Lori': case: every day for 5+ years

Lori is just a good little foot soldier (knowingly or not.. I suspect she is not among the elite) for the right wing Her constant reiteration of the same sad statements, as unproven as they are, are part of a larger plan (yes, this is me being as close to conspiracy theory as I get) that was written by Eric Heubeck for Paul Weyrich (who was, before his death, in bed with the Rafael and Ted Cruz)

We will use guerrilla tactics to undermine the legitimacy of the dominant regime. We will take advantage of every available opportunity to spread the idea that there is something fundamentally wrong with the existing state of affairs. For example, we could have every member of the movement put a bumper sticker on his car that says something to the effect of "Public Education is Rotten; Homeschool Your Kids." This will change nobody's mind immediately; no one will choose to stop sending his children to public schools immediately after seeing such a bumper sticker; but it will raise awareness and consciousness that there is a problem. Most of all, it will contribute to a vague sense of uneasiness and dissatisfaction with existing society. We need this if we hope to start picking people off and bringing them over to our side. We need to break down before we can build up. We must first clear away the flotsam of a decayed culture.

In terms of our long term prospects, because we will be seen as a purely defensive movement, not interested in imposing our views on anyone, only interested in being left alone, we will surely gain the sympathy of the public. The dominant culture will see its life-force being sapped, and it will grow terrified. It will do whatever it takes to destroy its assailant. This will lead to the perception that the dominant leftist culture is empty, hollow, desperate, and has lost its mandate to rule, because its only basis for authority is coercion, much like the communist East Bloc. Sympathy from the American people will increase as our opponents try to persecute us, which means our strength will increase at an accelerating rate due to more defections--and the enemy will collapse as a result.

yuricareport.com/Dominionism/FreeCongressEssay.html

I am not sure Lori in particular has been recruited, or if just the general call for more people to write the same shit, day after day (and blog after blog) is actually working as they thought it would .... making the masses (lori, CM, Lady Lydia, Ms. White, etc) jump on the bandwagon and write the same mindless ideas over and over to one another. But their blogs are all variations of the unproven concept repeated until people feel dissatisfied.

All I see when lori posts is that she doesn't think about what she writes, she just writes the same shit of googles "same shit as I think" and copies and pastes someone else's ideas that more or less mesh with her, editing if needed.

A post in which she says bikinis are not modest multiple times accompanied by a picture of Emily. Coincidence? I think not.

This came through my FB feed and I immediately thought of Kenori and CM.

post-132-14452000007649_thumb.jpg

Curious, I was recently following a post on FB where someone posted this, got push back, and eventually flounced because he couldn't answer basic questions about his beliefs.

Translation of today's post:

"Waaa!!! Lots of woman won't listen to me and do as I say! Oh well, I know that I'm God special messenger, and the fact that they won't listen to me just shows that they are all trapped by Satan.

Ken supports me (mostly because he's relieved that I stopped ordering him around and started to order around younger women instead, and he likes the submission thing), and so do my Mom and Dad (who have always treated me like a princess, and who indulge me because I'm sick). I won't mention that Aunt Genny is clearly not on board.

I'm more special and doing more of God's work because I spend my days telling young women what to do. That's far more important that anything these older working women do, so I'm not lazy at all.

Emily, sweetie, please put on some clothes, pop out some babies and give up your career to stay home with them. Above all, always remember that your mother-in-law knows best. Did you think that I didn't see you rolling your eyes?"

A post in which she says bikinis are not modest multiple times accompanied by a picture of Emily. Coincidence? I think not.

Uh oh ... Lori seems to be shaking her finger in Emily's face in a few different ways here, including:

Most Christian marriages don't want to say there is one leader in the home. Both spouses are the leader.

And of course Lori's daughters are ALWAYS modest:

My daughters had no desire to be sexy or flirty.

Psssst ... Lori. I've seen pictures. At least one of your daughters wears some seriously sexy/flirty outfits at least occasionally (and I'll bet more often).

Really, Lori. You take submission and have created a whole religion around it, but you can't even keep the 10 commandments. "Thou shalt not lie" -- IT IS RIGHT THERE!!!! Also, lying tongues are an abomination to the LORD, and He detests lying lips. Pretty sure that goes for lying fingers, too.

Liar liar pants on ... :angry-extinguishflame:

:liar1: :liar1: :liar1: :liar1: :liar1: :liar1: :liar1:

Well, this is some family drama.

I wonder if Lori will keep saying she has four children following God now that Emily is an ebil bikini wearer!

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Also, we'll see if this gets published (warning: faux leghumping abounds!!!):

Great post! I love seeing how the conversations of the chat group inspire your posts. I love what you said about bikinis and modesty. It reminds me of Romans 12:2- "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

But what does the picture you used have to do with this post? Random! :D

The bride IS gorgeous, though!!! And is that your son? He looks so much like Ken!

Uh oh ... Lori seems to be shaking her finger in Emily's face in a few different ways here, including:

And of course Lori's daughters are ALWAYS modest:

Psssst ... Lori. I've seen pictures. At least one of your daughters wears some seriously sexy/flirty outfits at least occasionally (and I'll bet more often).

Really, Lori. You take submission and have created a whole religion around it, but you can't even keep the 10 commandments. "Thou shalt not lie" -- IT IS RIGHT THERE!!!! Also, lying tongues are an abomination to the LORD, and He detests lying lips. Pretty sure that goes for lying fingers, too.

Liar liar pants on ... :angry-extinguishflame:

:liar1: :liar1: :liar1: :liar1: :liar1: :liar1: :liar1:

If she keeps this shit up, soon enough the consulting company will be Alexander and SON-- instead of sons, because honestly,who is Sonny going to pick? Also, someone said one of the daughters put her IM private lately? Was it the daughter married to the son in law who quit working for Ken? I wonder how Ken and Lori are going to manage adult children who have other options and other beliefs than their own?

I am grateful that I had a good mother in law, and not someone like Lori, however, it should be interesting to read between the lines and see what is going on with the kids in law... :popcorn2:

Is Jon the son in law who worked for Ken for a while?

Yes. But I think it was supposed to be a temporary situation. His career is in a whole different field I thought.

Archived