IGNORED

When fundies self diagnose / Narcissism thy name is Lori

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*snort* She was 15 minutes late this morning. Must have run out of coconut oil.

Ow.

:|

So, why are they on this kick about egalitarian marriage? Some editorial calendar, or because they miss us. Surely their leg humpers don't disagree with them on this.

Or is one of the daughters/daughters in law stepping out of line. (Instead of a baby is it law school for the DIL)

But, maybe it is just a chance to talk about disciplining wives, spanking, pushing women against the wall, or whatever their discipline of the month is.

I have, lately, been in my mind calling their blog

50 Shades of Bray

20130705-donkey%20bray.jpeg

The article was not applicable at all to the original question. Lori is so oblivious and has reading comprehension issues most of the time.

That linked article is just an exercise in passive-aggressiveness. WOW.

:) good good

Heavens, this went over so much better than it does in Duggar threads. :lol:

Maybe I just need to take a lesson from you two, though. :embarrassed:

LOL I'm listening right now in my day job to a lecture on high conflict people, being given by a guy in San Diego. Sounds familiar. Lack of self-awareness is part of this.

I found it ironic that Lorken's recipe for a Godly marriage sounds an awful lot like our solutions for parenting in a high-conflict divorce.

Now, the speaker is talking about narrow range of behaviors and how this alienates people. I wonder if this would include running basically the same topics and columns every single day? Or having the same argument again and again?

ETA: Now, he's talking about how it's easier to change action than change attitude. So, it's easier to teach an abuser not to hit than it is to teach him not to be a jerk, for example.

For Lorken, the Pearl's advice may have sorta worked, because it was a simple message for Lori: Submit to Ken and stop trying to control him. It didn't teach her how to stop being a controlling person, it didn't teach her how to have true respect, it didn't teach either of them what true cooperation looks like, but maybe that's all that was realistic for two high-conflict people.

That linked article is just an exercise in passive-aggressiveness. WOW.

And the original commenter said the marriage was not tumultuous. She described it as "peaceful and joyful." None of those passive aggressive questions apply based in the information given.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
re: Courtney. I hope that the answer to her disappearance is that Ken scared her into locking down her internet presence. But I'm afraid that her blog disappeared for a more melancholy reason: I think she and her husband have separated. I found his facebook and there is another woman commenting "he's MINE" on his pictures.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
re: Courtney. I hope that the answer to her disappearance is that Ken scared her into locking down her internet presence. But I'm afraid that her blog disappeared for a more melancholy reason: I think she and her husband have separated. I found his facebook and there is another woman commenting "he's MINE" on his pictures.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
That's sad.

Lori quotes john MacArthur saying "she doesn't need to stay at home all the time" but that's EXACTLY what lori advises: never leaving ever.

Oh the hypocrisy. It burns.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
That's sad.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Well, that can't be right. She read Lori's blog. Lori MENTORED her. Marriages don't fall apart if Lori is involved.

Forgive my being flippant. I am always sad when a marriage ends. I hope Courtney has found happiness.

In Lori's latest screed she said Satan is one of the reasons why women are eschewing home for the workplace. I left this comment, and I dare Lori to approve of it:

"Satan isn't keeping me from being in the workplace, having to earn a paycheck so I can keep a roof over my head, clothe my body, pay my bills, and feed my belly. Everything I got, I earned. I'm not a spoiled little princess who had everything handed to her on a silver platter. "

Same shit, different day.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
On another note, what does Lori do all day? Now that her kids are gone?

Actually, this is going in a hidden tag because I'm going to ask her!

Lori quotes john MacArthur saying "she doesn't need to stay at home all the time" but that's EXACTLY what lori advises: never leaving ever.

I think Lori uses "women should stay home" to excuse herself. At heart, based on her own description of herself, she is one lazy woman. Didn't want to work, didn't want to raise her own kids while staying home with them, had a nanny and send them to their room, adopted Cry It Out very early so she could sleep. Doesn't want to be bothered with being an active member of her community.

Did she also say she was shy? I think that may be because she is in general no very likeable and historically only a few people warm up to her. SO she doesn't seem to do lunch with the girls much or have girsl night out with other than her relatives/daughters and that one group of school friends.

She doesn't seem to be active in her community other than her church where she is a super mentor (cough bullshit cough) but you never hear of her on any committee to feed the hungry, clothe the poor or do anything of value beyond being a professional harridan online.

I also wonder if Ken put her on a money diet (maybe more than once) as he bitched and moaned about her spending and about women in general having a say on the budget, so Ken my encourage her staying home to prevent spending. (Shopping is one of those things people can do alone)

So, if she or Ken thinks staying home is the real deal, then of course, God thinks so too.

(Plus, it is one of the standard christian woman blogger rotations. Lydia, Mrs. White, and others hit on it, along with evil feminists destroying their own families, education and the dangers of pulbic schools, submission, living on one income, beating the babies, then back to staying home....)

Am I the only person who remembers some bible verse about how, under god, there is no male or female, gentile or jew, and possibly friend or foe? Also something about being a beacon and not hiding oneself away? But also not being a douchebag who makes a spectacle of one's self praying on TV or the market square?

God Lori, read a book. And learn something before you "mentor"

He talks about being a "keeper at home" as being about a sphere of responsibility, not a form of house arrest. If the family needs something, then going out so they get what they need IS being focused on the home.

Is Lori too stupid to realize this is most likely a Poe? (from yesterday)

The problem with modern women is that they think their feelings matter. They don't! They should do as God commanded.

I agree, we aren't married to our jobs. One year my job gave out the book "Who Moved the Cheese", right before they did layoffs. Basically saying, don't count on one place to be your career.

LOL - I thought I was maybe the only person who got laid off with a copy of that book. (I still have it - and I still don't understand it.)

It was the second job I had after coming here, and it paid three times more than the first. When layoff time came, I received two weeks' severance and a copy of that book.

I didn't know whether to be amused or pissed off.

Am I the only person who remembers some bible verse about how, under god, there is no male or female, gentile or jew, and possibly friend or foe? Also something about being a beacon and not hiding oneself away? But also not being a douchebag who makes a spectacle of one's self praying on TV or the market square? "

Galatians 3:28

...but then Lori hasn't even made it to Proverbs 31 yet.

Yes.

Sadly, I'm not entirely sure it IS a poe. This is a sentiment I've heard on more than one occasion from both fundamentalist Christians AND from manurespherians.

Sadly, I'm not entirely sure it IS a poe. This is a sentiment I've heard on more than one occasion from both fundamentalist Christians AND from manurespherians.

When it comes to Lori, though, it's almost always someone fucking with her :P

Archived