IGNORED

Bringing Up Bates & Bates Family Doings: Part 2

happy atheist

I hope it's her (and John's) personal decision. But since Taliban Dan has deleted the photo from both Twitter and Facebook, I do wonder if it isn't actually more of a contract thing with UP (or some tabloid or whatever).

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's probably due to some contract thing with Up TV or US Magazine (maybe People). I hope it's not because something went unexpectedly wrong today :(

I'll try to stay positive (well, as positive as one can be about fundies) and assume everything is fine, and that this is just them worshiping at the alter of their one true god, $$$$$$. That said, I ROLL MY EYES at Taliban Dan bothering to delete the announcement from his social media. Danny, the Internet is FOREVER. Everyone already knows Allie was born and has seen that picture. Just wipe the egg off of your face, and go back to trying to control women's bodies and outlawing divorce, mmkay?

Forgive a mostly lurker, but who is Taliban Dan, and why is he called that?

Taliban Dan is Congressman Webster, Allyssa's father in law. The nickname was coined by one of his opponents in response to his regressive views about women and the role of religion in politics. Google will give you more details.

I'm glad Alyssa isn't even feeling the need to post an immediate birth announcement. I would rather her spend all of this time with her husband and new baby than worry about getting on the computer nad uploading photos, and creating collages. I feel like too many of fundie royalty are pressured to post immediate birth announcements, get on camera and talk about the birth (Pris Waller), or be filmed for whatever show they're on. I like that Alyssa is demanding privacy and telling people to back off.

Kendalyn Staddon's picture posted on their family blog after her third birth the other day shows her in pretty rough shape and in (what can be assumed to be the birthing) bed. She looks pretty beat up and with lots of company (including David Waller & Family himself) when she could probably do with a good rest and time with just her immediate family. On their blog Robert Staddon even says that "...despite complications after delivery, his mother pulled through with courage and is now recovering well." This isn't their first baby - why would they feel the need to post publicly such pictures? I actually felt for Kendalyn.

Alyssa, for personal, familial, and/or contractual reasons, has the right idea.

Taliban Dan is Congressman Webster, Allyssa's father in law. The nickname was coined by one of his opponents in response to his regressive views about women and the role of religion in politics. Google will give you more details.

OMG, thank you for this!

I vaguely remembered a Taliban *someone* we discussed here who was a minor fundie that is no longer followed.* I totally thought he was being referenced and was entirely confused as to why said minor fundie would be posting photos of Alyssa and her baby!

*a quick forum search showed me it was Taliban Tony I was thinking of. :lol: BTW, I hope you guys get complimented all the time on the searching function here. Best I've seen on a forum, I think.

OMG, thank you for this!

I vaguely remembered a Taliban *someone* we discussed here who was a minor fundie that is no longer followed.* I totally thought he was being referenced and was entirely confused as to why said minor fundie would be posting photos of Alyssa and her baby!

*a quick forum search showed me it was Taliban Tony I was thinking of. :lol: BTW, I hope you guys get complimented all the time on the searching function here. Best I've seen on a forum, I think.

You weren't the only one.

Kendalyn Staddon's picture posted on their family blog after her third birth the other day shows her in pretty rough shape and in (what can be assumed to be the birthing) bed. She looks pretty beat up and with lots of company (including David Waller & Family himself) when she could probably do with a good rest and time with just her immediate family. On their blog Robert Staddon even says that "...despite complications after delivery, his mother pulled through with courage and is now recovering well." This isn't their first baby - why would they feel the need to post publicly such pictures? I actually felt for Kendalyn.

Alyssa, for personal, familial, and/or contractual reasons, has the right idea.

I saw those photos of Kendalyn too, she looked like she had had a bad time! Robert was pretty shitty, that 'his mother' comment sounded so cold and impersonal. Way to keep her in her place. I want to see some redeeming qualities in Robert, as I like Kendalyn, but I don't think there are any.

I saw those photos of Kendalyn too, she looked like she had had a bad time! Robert was pretty shitty, that 'his mother' comment sounded so cold and impersonal. Way to keep her in her place. I want to see some redeeming qualities in Robert, as I like Kendalyn, but I don't think there are any.

Well Robert is buddy-buddy with David Waller, and we see how David treats Priscilla. Apparently being that close to the mother father ship brings out the best in those IBLP fundie husbands. While Kendalyn is truly steeped in the culture (to the point of giving up her dream to be a doctor to instead be an IBLP drone), she deserves better.

Finally !!!! (for Michaella)....I'm just posting what she must be thinking. :D

I do feel for her that her engagement got smushed by Israel, Allie, Erin's shower, Josiah's courting, another Duggar announcement coming Tuesday....

After waiting a longgggg time no less.

I think we are in for about 5 years of constant announcements from these families... :roll:

Okay, so to stir up a bit of idle speculation. What is Lawson doing in Duggarville.

instagram.com/p/1j9i6HvfdF/

(or did they take IDD on a trip already)

Finally !!!! (for Michaella)....I'm just posting what she must be thinking. :D

I do feel for her that her engagement got smushed by Israel, Allie, Erin's shower, Josiah's courting, another Duggar announcement coming Tuesday....

After waiting a longgggg time no less.

I think we are in for about 5 years of constant announcements from these families... :roll:

I thought Michaela was more the "behind-the-scenes" person, and their engagement in the shadows is perfect for her. Much as I'd love to get to watch their wedding, I'd be happy to hear of them not wanting it filmed, but wanting that small, private wedding she originally wanted. Maybe in the Thorncrown Chapel where Jessa and Ben deemed it too small for THEIR wedding, but Ben proposed to her there? Just an instagram shot or two after, confirming they DID get married.

Okay, so to stir up a bit of idle speculation. What is Lawson doing in Duggarville.

instagram.com/p/1j9i6HvfdF/

(or did they take IDD on a trip already)

Wow- the People article made it sounds like not even all the family had gotten to meet him yet. Lends credence to a Lawson-Duggar Girl pre-courtship.

Wow- the People article made it sounds like not even all the family had gotten to meet him yet. Lends credence to a Lawson-Duggar Girl pre-courtship.

Can I hope it's Jinger? Since she wants to be in a city and Lawson is a music "star" it could get her at least to Nashville (faster than Amy)!

Whitney and her adoptive parents have stopped following each other on Instagram :(

:( that doesn't seem like a good sign

I have a feeling since she has reconnected with her birth family that she doesn't want to upset her bio parents by involving the adoptive ones. And now I think she has fully embraced the Bates lifestyle/fame bandwagon.

I have a feeling since she has reconnected with her birth family that she doesn't want to upset her bio parents by involving the adoptive ones. And now I think she has fully embraced the Bates lifestyle/fame bandwagon.

That's sad. How old was Whitney when she was adopted?

Archived