IGNORED

Bringing Up Bates & Bates Family Doings: Part 2

happy atheist

instagram.com/p/1OetjsR8fz/?taken-by=zachnwhitbates

I'll be damned if this kid is not the spitting image of his dad. And yet, he still manages to be freaking adorable!

That's weird, because I think he looks just like Whitney. :lol:

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply
where are pics of Erin's nursery?

Her instagram. instagram.com/chad_erinpaine/

Now I don't like Chad's views or his religion, but I would put up with quite a bit for a man who would create such nice landscaping and build me custom furniture like that!

I would like to order 1 Chad Paine, pls! Hold the religion.

That's weird, because I think he looks just like Whitney. :lol:

Whaaaaaaat? I think you need to get your eyes checked! :nenner:

I think he looks exactly like Whitney, too. Especiall his cute little nose is a carbon copy of Whitney's. :lol:

Actually, I find both Whit and Zach to be two quiteattractive people.

Now I don't like Chad's views or his religion, but I would put up with quite a bit for a man who would create such nice landscaping and build me custom furniture like that!

Did you happen to see the video on their Instagram of Chad doing a fancy pull up on the door frame? Defraud city over here :pink-shock:

I love it! :) That's going to one very well loved baby. Hopefully they will drop all the abusive child training practices so common in their religion once they meet the baby they went through hell to carry to term. I cant imagine anyone hitting a baby and letting them cry alone all night when they had such a tough pregnancy.

Did you happen to see the video on their Instagram of Chad doing a fancy pull up on the door frame? Defraud city over here :pink-shock:

It would have been much better with one of those mud-water-stained shirts from "Boys will be Boys". 8-)

I think Zach has become more attractive since he met Whitney. He radiates happiness. Michael is the same way. It's interesting to look at the Bates that have Instagram and their posts are happy and upbeat, even when talking about religion, which isn't in your face pushy like others we know. I wonder if it's because they have options, Not all the options we would like them to have, but they have the option to work, go to clown college and actually have a relationship. They aren't waiting like the Duggars for daddy to say it's their turn to proceed in life.

It will be interesting to see how many kids Erin and Chad eventually try for. I can't see them going past 4 or 5 with everything they've been through. I also see them being good parents, but who knows for sure?

The way Erin talks about her pregnancy being a miracle, and the fact they chose to nickname their son Carson instead of saving it for a possible future sibling, makes me think that they are not planning on having a lot of children. They may have one or two more kids if her labor and delivery goes well but are content to just have Carson if Erin's health is at risk. I can't see Chad risking Erin's life to fill their quiver.

The way Erin talks about her pregnancy being a miracle, and the fact they chose to nickname their son Carson instead of saving it for a possible future sibling, makes me think that they are not planning on having a lot of children. They may have one or two more kids if her labor and delivery goes well but are content to just have Carson if Erin's health is at risk. I can't see Chad risking Erin's life to fill their quiver.

I thought they chose the name because every first born son in Chad's family is named Charles?

I thought they chose the name because every first born son in Chad's family is named Charles?

They did, but they chose Carson as a nickname because they liked it. They could have chosen another nickname. I mean, Carson isn't even a normal nickname for Charles.

They did, but they chose Carson as a nickname because they liked it. They could have chosen another nickname. I mean, Carson isn't even a normal nickname for Charles.

Right, I get that (and agree) I was more so talking about the fact that I don't think they would have saved the name for a possible future sibling but idk who knows with fundie logic?

Right, I get that (and agree) I was more so talking about the fact that I don't think they would have saved the name for a possible future sibling but idk who knows with fundie logic?

Well, I gave my son 2 middle names because both DH and I wanted to honor our respective grandfathers, but we weren't sure if we'd every have another son (we want one more kid, but we might have a girl).

So I can see them using the name Carson because they don't expect to have a ton of kids.

Hell, even if they do have a ton of kids, they might never have another boy.

Wonder why they are being so silent about baby Alllie's birth? Nothing other then John Webster's father posting a picture.

Wonder why they are being so silent about baby Alllie's birth? Nothing other then John Webster's father posting a picture.

They're probably shopping the pics around to various magazines

And they maybe need to make something for their tv shows channel, UP

I see the new season is already starting in June.

It could be less materialistic. Maybe they were not in FL for the birth so they don't have any pics OR maybe Alyssa asked them not to post anything for a few days.

Personally, I would not have appreciated the Jill treatment of having a picture of myself looking exhausted after a long labor in a national publication. I'd much rather the pictures be of myself and my baby after a week or so when we have settled in and had time to recover/get photo ready. I can see Alyssa much preferring to wait for pictures as well, and if there is magazine interest, the Bates will have to hold off on posting until that mag can announce.

Didn't Alyssa request her family waiting a week or two to visit after she gave birth? That could be part of the reason for the silence. She doesn't seem like the type who would want to be photographed or filmed looking less than put together anyways.

Ever since the show started, they've been silent on other things (Erin's pregnancy). Perhaps UP is keeping them silent? (It's a lot easier to stay silent about a first trimester pregnancy than it is about a birth).

Interesting how the congressman would post though. He's more of a public figure than any Bates is.

Grandpa Webster probably isn't on the UP contract and can do as he pleases.

Didn't Alyssa request her family waiting a week or two to visit after she gave birth? That could be part of the reason for the silence. She doesn't seem like the type who would want to be photographed or filmed looking less than put together anyways.

Yeah, she did. She made it sound like both she and her husband had no interest in a house full of 25 people the day she got home with the new baby.

At first I thought maybe it was a contract thing, but even the Duggars tend to post news pretty quickly, even if it's just a very basic update without a lot of details. So it is a bit weird to not even get a "the baby's here and healthy" update from the Bates'.

Yeah, she did. She made it sound like both she and her husband had no interest in a house full of 25 people the day she got home with the new baby.

At first I thought maybe it was a contract thing, but even the Duggars tend to post news pretty quickly, even if it's just a very basic update without a lot of details. So it is a bit weird to not even get a "the baby's here and healthy" update from the Bates'.

I also recall that she said when they did come down, only in like 2's or 3's.

And during the Thanksgiving eppy she was compared to Mama June in not liking throngs of people around, That may be back when we first encountered the Bates when they visited the Duggars she looked so miserable.

I'm glad Alyssa isn't even feeling the need to post an immediate birth announcement. I would rather her spend all of this time with her husband and new baby than worry about getting on the computer nad uploading photos, and creating collages. I feel like too many of fundie royalty are pressured to post immediate birth announcements, get on camera and talk about the birth (Pris Waller), or be filmed for whatever show they're on. I like that Alyssa is demanding privacy and telling people to back off.

Archived