IGNORED

Mary Maxwell graduates (aka 30 years of homeschooling)

HoneyBunny

Sarah did say that they showered Mary with gifts, but she didn't say too much about what they were. They did seem to put Mary in a place of honor and each one say something about her, but yes can they have any event with having to honor Steve some way?

I wonder if they sold Uriah because they knew they might not have many or any more trips to conferences. I don't see any on the schedule this year.

Maybe Mary got THREE animal crackers.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christopher's family is completely matching - the fabric for Christopher and Joshua's shirts is the same as for Anna and Ruthanne's frumpers. Yikes.

Has Mary got something up with her jaw? It looks swollen on one side.

That's just her face. Joseph has a similar look, it's just hidden with a beard.

. Mary is definitely “a creative.†I’m not talking about the adjective definition of creative but rather the noun. Mary’s mind thinks outside of the box when it comes to design and creating beautiful things.

Hear that, Internet? Creative, outside the box, adjectives turned into nouns a in a hip new way. So there!

Mary may think outside the box by Maxwell standards, but I think the Maxwell box is about this big:

e4dX9Xq.jpg

Heliocentric? Geocentric? Bah! We've all got it wrong. Clearly, the universe is Maxwell-centric. Nobody does it better.

My comment, think it will get past Steve? Obama family says:

March 29, 2015 at 6:08 pm

March 12 was on a Thursday not a Friday.

Hey, Steve, you'd better fix that error, lest people think that the ever-so-religious, God-loves-us-best Maxwells are superstitious! Was it Thursday the 12th, or . . .

[bBvideo 560,340:2b9xmyid]

[/bBvideo]

Friday the 13th?

Imagine Mary Maxwell at a life drawing class.

Or performing a human dissection, if we're still talking about Michelangelo. His comprehensive knowledge of anatomy didn't come from nowhere.

Mary's in a ricking chair while God gets the glory first by everyone saying a verse "Jesus gave" each person for her, and Teri and Steve seemed to get more glory too. Have a retirement party for Teri another day. Let Mary have a day to herself. It's the last day of her life she could expect solo light. It's not like she'll ever get married or have a baby.

WTF is Steve doing grilling in a SPORT COAT? Jeez.

A poster pointed out Teri's gift is likely the drive through zoo and some thrown rolls. Well, I blew up the photo of Teri opening her gift and it looks like she has a hand full of giraffes and zoo animals....

Mary's in a ricking chair while God gets the glory first by everyone saying a verse "Jesus gave" each person for her, and Teri and Steve seemed to get more glory too. Have a retirement party for Teri another day. Let Mary have a day to herself. It's the last day of her life she could expect solo light. It's not like she'll ever get married or have a baby.

Very true! Poor Mary. Sharing her one special day, especially with her parents who are the center of attention all the time anyway, is so depressing for her.

ETA: please tell me I'm not the only one who thought it was funny that in all the praying-over-Mary pics Bethany was sitting in her lap looking super bored.

WTF is Steve doing grilling in a SPORT COAT? Jeez.

He is the Great Steve. Jesus will protect The Ceremonial Jacket of The Great Steve from spattering grease and bursting brats, just as He protected it from Play Doh:

naoakL7.jpg

In fact, I think the apron in that grilling pic shows a lack of faith, Steve. :naughty:

Imagine Mary Maxwell at a life drawing class.

Or performing a human dissection, if we're still talking about Michelangelo. His comprehensive knowledge of anatomy didn't come from nowhere.

There is no way on earth Mary would be allowed to even look at a book containing works by the great masters. Imagine the flesh! Steve would have a conniption if he saw the gorgeous female nudes of Rubens and Botticelli, Michelangelo's David or the like.

Although some poetry may appeal, such as Dantés Inferno...

Do non-liturgical churches (not that I consider Steve a church) acknowledge Palm Sunday? Or is that only a Catholic/Episcopal/Lutheran(?) thing?

Methodists do and the Presbyterian church I went to. (and also Maundy Thursday, etc)

And of course, there are NO friends. None. Even in the Moody books, the old people down the street would have been there. But in Maxhell, it's family only. Contrast this with Josiah Duggar's homeschool graduation party, where he invited everyone he knew, including the Maxwells.

Steve would have a conniption if he saw the gorgeous female nudes of Rubens and Botticelli, Michelangelo's David or the like.

I think Steve would find himself lacking in comparison to David. :D

Something that I noticed that is very sad to me: Christina and Joshua are the same damn ages, but every time there is a whole family gathering, only Joshua ends up on Steve's lap. That boy is going to end up being the Golden Child and you damn well that his cousins and sisters will notice.

We are so excited to see what the lord has in store for Mary....all the menfolk holding their womanfolf real close... John looking hot.... prayer..and praying...and more praying...I bet even Jesus is bored with these gradulation posts.

I love Granma tho :shifty-kitty: :shifty-kitty: and John..perhaps they can escape together to the normal side of the family?

Something that I noticed that is very sad to me: Christina and Joshua are the same damn ages, but every time there is a whole family gathering, only Joshua ends up on Steve's lap. That boy is going to end up being the Golden Child and you damn well that his cousins and sisters will notice.

Drew and any other boys born will notice most.

Christopher's family is completely matching - the fabric for Christopher and Joshua's shirts is the same as for Anna and Ruthanne's frumpers. Yikes.

I noticed that too. Does that mean Anna even makes shirts for the Maxwell males in her home? How does she find the time? I kind of like mother/daughter outfits on occasion. I'm sure it's easy for her to whip up little dresses for Ruthanne with just a little extra fabric from her own jumpers. I am of the opinion that all the matching outfits are Christopher's idea, simply because I doubt Anna has much say in anything in that home.

Which brings me to the bibs. Good grief, how long must it take to get those children ready for a meal?!? Imagine in six months when they are layering up baby Lydia as well! Anna doesn't seem like the type who would be bothered by typical child-like messy eating so, again, I'm wondering if Christopher has no patience with messes.

Christopher, it's a meal. You're not sending your children into a disease ridden hospital ward.

did Mary draw those jizzing bratwurst from the moody books? :dance:

Indeed she did!

It's going to be interesting watching Anna's daughters growing up in frumpers along side of Melanie's more stylishly dressed girls.

Speaking of Melanie, she looks awfully run down in these photos. I wonder if she's pregnant again. It certainly would explain the lack of her in recent photos.

Gigi is always a delight to see.

I noticed that too. Does that mean Anna even makes shirts for the Maxwell males in her home? How does she find the time? I kind of like mother/daughter outfits on occasion. I'm sure it's easy for her to whip up little dresses for Ruthanne with just a little extra fabric from her own jumpers. I am of the opinion that all the matching outfits are Christopher's idea, simply because I doubt Anna has much say in anything in that home.

Which brings me to the bibs. Good grief, how long must it take to get those children ready for a meal?!? Imagine in six months when they are layering up baby Lydia as well! Anna doesn't seem like the type who would be bothered by typical child-like messy eating so, again, I'm wondering if Christopher has no patience with messes.

Christopher, it's a meal. You're not sending your children into a disease ridden hospital ward.

I'm going to admit that I don't have this family tree on lock yet but YES, Joshua looks older than some of the kids that are even sitting at the table. Is this double bib thing really needed? What is going on with that? Hasn't he been in that thing for years? I remember a photo when I first started reading FJ where he was wearing the same kind of smock/bib thing. It was weird then and it is weird now.

Archived