IGNORED

Mary Maxwell graduates (aka 30 years of homeschooling)

HoneyBunny

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anna plans healthy menus and cooks. :?

You guys, Anna is basically a nutritionist. She makes their green smoothies. It's how she'll support herself if she is still single when Pere and Mere Maxwell shuffle off their mortal coils. Sheesh.

How scandalous! Singing! Dancing! Drinking! Oh, wait. There's death, so it's ok.

"Look at all my trials and tribulations, sinking in a gentle pool of wine..."

It's okay! Steve can always cover the dancing and other f*n with the blue screen of death.

Y'know how people look at portraits and comment on whether the artist captured the subject's spirit?

Well, that sketch captures the spiritless, fake-smiling look they both have perfectly.

I guess that makes Mary a good portrait artist. :?

Oh, and Sarah -- you can just write "what Mary gave to Mom" instead of "what she gifted Mom with." :roll:

To the bolded: I find the Maxwell's (and most fundies for that matter) tend to write like they're in a medieval high romance, or like they're required to meed a word count and have to stretch every idea to the maximum number of words.

Now that Teri is done homeschooling her offspring, what is she going to do now, train Melanie and Anna on how to homeschool their kids?

Probably!!

Now that Teri is done homeschooling her offspring, what is she going to do now, train Melanie and Anna on how to homeschool their kids?

What is anyone in that family doing? So many adults living in one house without jobs, hobbies or friends. They can only clean so much and they can't have that many projects around the house. I used to wonder what the Duggaes do all day but they can at least say there are little kids to deal with all day. What could the Maxwells be doing all day?

Oh, has anyone noticed that they rarely talk about Jesse? I think that's there youngest son's name. What the hell does he do? I think I recall him helping with video for Elissa but does he even work in the family "IT" company? Has Steve not yet chosen his future career?

What is anyone in that family doing? So many adults living in one house without jobs, hobbies or friends. They can only clean so much and they can't have that many projects around the house. I used to wonder what the Duggaes do all day but they can at least say there are little kids to deal with all day. What could the Maxwells be doing all day?

Oh, has anyone noticed that they rarely talk about Jesse? I think that's there youngest son's name. What the hell does he do? I think I recall him helping with video for Elissa but does he even work in the family "IT" company? Has Steve not yet chosen his future career?

Jesse (AKA The Forgotten Maxwell), like most of the other Maxwell men—except possibly Nathan, who seems to concentrate solely on IT—does whatever needs doing at any particular time. All of them are featured on the 1TonRamp homepage, both Christopher and Jesse are listed on swiftotter.com (Joseph's "thing"), Christopher has his little photography business, and they're all involved with the Communications Concepts umbrella business. Maxwell Construction seems to have been dead on arrival, and who knows what's happening with John's irrigation business. All of their business, at least according to the various websites, appear to have few clients. Only three businesses are in SwiftOtter's "portfolio" and one of those is Titus2. Aside from his wedding clients, Christopher also seems to have few real clients. But Steve loves nothing more than to give only the vaguest suggestions about what they actually do so who knows. He never, ever speaks about specifics, even when giving examples in his books and columns.

Yeah, and his son's are who Steve uses as an example of raising productive members of society.

They run from society at all costs. They probably pray the world away every night and bathe in bleach each day to remove the scum from the world from their precious bodies. All the while milking their fellow fucked up and obsessive 'Christians' for money.

None of them makes money in the 'real world'. They all make money off desperate Christians who are too blinded by their religious fear to hire a qualified contractor, and educated/experience IT 'guy', and experienced, creative photographer who has learned from others. Whatever they're schlepping at any given time, they are bilking their bucks from fellow Christians. They slap 'True Christian' on everything they do and other True Christians come running. All because the real world is evil (or, a threat to their chosen beliefs, but that's not something we talk about :twisted: )

I'd forgotten all about Swift Otter. What's that supposed to do again? Also, Jesse once taught a One Ton Ramp course on how to take pics with your iPhone, so there's that, I guess.

I agree with sparkles that a big (perhaps insurmountable) impediment to Mary being a really great artist is her lack of imagination. She may be able to produce above average pencil copies of photographs. Which is nice for her, and if she enjoys doing it that's great. The Maxwells have little enough enjoyment.

But great artists engage with their culture. They have things to say and unique viewpoints that they express visually. They're well versed in the artists who came before them. They study under talented art teachers. Since we were talking about Renaissance masters, those men were widely and deeply read in history, literature, philosophy, theology, mythology, poetry.... Their educations and rich intellectual lives informed their imaginations and their work. There is no way Steve and Teri would ever permit Mary to do the rigorous intellectual work required to produce great art.

She is good at drawing. I don't mean at all to take that away from her. But generally for someone who intends to make a living as an artist that's a start, not the finish line.

Three SAHDs now, none of them married. At some point, even the most ardent Maxwell followers will start asking questions. The most paramount achievement of any fundie girl is to marry well. The Maxwells can tout their daughters achievements and talents, but (I feel) the people on FJinger has a better appreciation for what these girls have accomplished than most fundies. After all, what's the point of finishing homeschooling, writing books, photography etc if the girl is UNMARRIED? Most fundies will probably look at Sarah, Anna and (perhaps, eventually Mary) and think what a shame that these lovely girls are still not married. Meanwhile, Fjinger posters are looking at these girls' talents and interests and wishing for them to continue to develop it through training and education.

That's the real tragedy. The Maxwell girls are being trained to be wives and mothers, but will most likely struggle with finding a Steve-approved husband, so they try their hands at these projects to "fill the time". Yet, their talents will never be allowed to flourish because their primary goal is to marry. It's like a type of purgatory that these girls live in.

Off topic but today is Palm Sunday. I wonder why they haven't posted anything about it yet?

Off topic but today is Palm Sunday. I wonder why they haven't posted anything about it yet?

Do non-liturgical churches (not that I consider Steve a church) acknowledge Palm Sunday? Or is that only a Catholic/Episcopal/Lutheran(?) thing?

Do non-liturgical churches (not that I consider Steve a church) acknowledge Palm Sunday? Or is that only a Catholic/Episcopal/Lutheran(?) thing?

They acknowledged Palm Sunday last year and the year before. I'm Methodist and we had a Palm Sunday service this morning with brunch afterwards.

They acknowledged Palm Sunday last year and the year before. I'm Methodist and we had a Palm Sunday service this morning with brunch afterwards.

Ah ok. I wasn't sure if many protestant churches acknowledged Palm Sunday. I always thought it was more of a Catholic thing.

Ah ok. I wasn't sure if many protestant churches acknowledged Palm Sunday. I always thought it was more of a Catholic thing.

They also handed out Palm branches and the Sunday School kids did a processional waving the Palms around.

New post up. Yep that party was more for Steve and Teri and less about Mary. Steve is the "Principal" of Maxwell SOTDRT. And Teri got another gift along with that drawing. Plus they will still be helping other homeschool parents across the country. Gag me.

Who gives their parents and teachers presents when they graduate? This should be about Mary! I could see Steve getting Teri something to commemorate the end and thank her for all the work she's put into educating their children, but the children themselves deserve their own celebration. How narcissistic and sad of the Maxwell parents. Poor Mary, who probably doesn't even have the emotional vocabulary to express if she minds being an afterthought at her own graduation.

About Steve and Teri, Sarah says:

But they’re not done. They’re more involved than ever helping families across the country on a daily basis.

Oh, okay. I wonder how that's going without Uriah.

And this:

We gave Mom a special “thank you for 30 years†gift, which we’ll share with you all soon ;). One hint: it’s a day outing.

Just a shot in the dark: a trip to that drive-through zoo and dinner at the place where they throw rolls?

My comment, think it will get past Steve? Obama family says:

March 29, 2015 at 6:08 pm

March 12 was on a Thursday not a Friday.

Sarah did say that they showered Mary with gifts, but she didn't say too much about what they were. They did seem to put Mary in a place of honor and each one say something about her, but yes can they have any event with having to honor Steve some way?

I wonder if they sold Uriah because they knew they might not have many or any more trips to conferences. I don't see any on the schedule this year.

I'd forgotten all about Swift Otter. What's that supposed to do again? Also, Jesse once taught a One Ton Ramp course on how to take pics with your iPhone, so there's that, I guess.

I agree with sparkles that a big (perhaps insurmountable) impediment to Mary being a really great artist is her lack of imagination. She may be able to produce above average pencil copies of photographs. Which is nice for her, and if she enjoys doing it that's great. The Maxwells have little enough enjoyment.

But great artists engage with their culture. They have things to say and unique viewpoints that they express visually. They're well versed in the artists who came before them. They study under talented art teachers. Since we were talking about Renaissance masters, those men were widely and deeply read in history, literature, philosophy, theology, mythology, poetry.... Their educations and rich intellectual lives informed their imaginations and their work. There is no way Steve and Teri would ever permit Mary to do the rigorous intellectual work required to produce great art.

She is good at drawing. I don't mean at all to take that away from her. But generally for someone who intends to make a living as an artist that's a start, not the finish line.

Mary's lack of imagination in relation to her drawing is probably seen as a virtue in Maxhell. If she had an active artistic imagination she could mock them through her art and they would be none with wiser.

Archived