IGNORED

Who, if anyone, is good enough for Jana?

zz22zz

I hope that Jana ends up with a guy who has a good job and is strong enough to stand up to Jim Bob and Michelle. If Jana doesn't want to get married, that's great too. I just don't ever see her getting out of her parent's house unless she gets married and that is too bad.

I think I guy similar to Derrick would have been a good match for her. I wouldn't want to see any of the other girls marrying someone like Ben, a born yes-man with limited opportunities. I don't see her get married for a long time, if ever though.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, if Jana wants to get married, I would obviously want her to get married to a man she really wants to get married to, whom she truly loves and who has a good character which fits hers, really loves her and treats her well and not as a submissive doormat.

Ideally, this man would have a stable job, would live outside of Boobs sphere of influence and would be fundie-lite at most, better yet a convervative or even moderate Christian (cause let's face it, it's unlikely she ever gets married to someone who isn't a Christian).

Someone who looks at her the way Chad Paine looks at Erin. NOT someone like her brother who looks at his laboring wife with a bored, unimpressed look on his face then goes and takes a nap, or spaces out when his wife is talking.

Women can have younger male mates. It is OK.

Also ITT: People who think they know Jana but know absolutely nothing about her because she is private as fuck.

Yea they do. But there's a huge difference between 21 and 25 cognitively and emotionally. Especially if the guy is the younger of the two.

Whatever makes her happy. If she is actually really sad that she's not married yet, I hope she finds herself a good guy.

Personally, I hope she stays single and happy and gets to be the auntie with a cute little house full of books, some brownies, and a cat... but I could be projecting my own desires on to this...

Someone who looks at her the way Chad Paine looks at Erin. NOT someone like her brother who looks at his laboring wife with a bored, unimpressed look on his face then goes and takes a nap, or spaces out when his wife is talking.

Honestly, I hope whoever she marries, her relationship resembles a Bates relationship more than a Duggar one.

I have trouble tolerating Zach, but I can't for a moment argue that he doesn't ADORE Whitney.

John and Alyssa we see less, but they seem pretty solid. He's allowing her to be herself, which is a good sign.

Michael and Brandon...I don't know much about him, but she seems head over heels for him.

Whatever makes her happy. If she is actually really sad that she's not married yet, I hope she finds herself a good guy.

Personally, I hope she stays single and happy and gets to be the auntie with a cute little house full of books, some brownies, and a cat... but I could be projecting my own desires on to this...

Here's what I believe to be more of the truth:

JB/M are totally checked out. Beyond maintaining appearances for the show and sexual purity, they do not give two figs what any of those kids actually do. With the younger kids being pretty self sufficient in terms of physical needs, the older girls are on easy street, compared to the previous 15 years...I think Jana is enjoying having some time for herself. We've seen all the older kids with Iphones, MacBooks, and what not, plus those girls seem to know about fashion, shoes and in the case of Jessa, current fashionable wedding dresses- Those kids are as "wordly" as any other. I am sure they are free to do or peruse what every they like during the day, because their parents are not around to monitor such.

We saw Jessa frontal hug Ben during the engagement episode and what did Jinger do?

She did nothing.

I think the older kids just turn the other way.

These adult kids (kidults- great word!) are a lot more savvy than we give them credit for.

Yea they do. But there's a huge difference between 21 and 25 cognitively and emotionally. Especially if the guy is the younger of the two.

No, sorry. Women can date younger without the younger man being a dimwit. Generalizations are dangerous.

I find it offensive that men are deemed more "immature" till a certain age. And no, it is not a fact.

I think that Jana is waiting for someone to take her off the compound but all the Boob approved suitors are probably Bin clones. Jana doesn't want that.

No, sorry. Women can date younger without the younger man being a dimwit. Generalizations are dangerous.

I find it offensive that men are deemed more "immature" till a certain age. And no, it is not a fact.

I didn't say that he would be a dimwit.

The female brain reaches full maturity somewhere between 21 and 22 years of age. The male brain reaches full maturity closer to 30. And the decision making area of the brain is the slowest to mature. So, yes, there is a scientific basis for my claims that there is a HUGE a difference between a girl whose brain has reached maturity and a boy who is far from reaching brain maturity.

If Jana never gets married, can she at least have her own room, please?

Only when GM Mary is no longer in need and Jana is bumped up to laundry duty. GM Mary's room is close to the laundry facility for easy access.

I fear that someday, after GM Mary is gone, Josh & Anna (or Jill & Derick) and their metric fuckton of kids will take over the TTH, and Michelle & JimBob will move into GM Mary's room. Jana and the lost girls (who will be young adults) will still be stuck on bunk beds.

Please plastic baby Jesus, don't let that happen.

I fear that someday, after GM Mary is gone, Josh & Anna (or Jill & Derick) and their metric fuckton of kids will take over the TTH, and Michelle & JimBob will move into GM Mary's room. Jana and the lost girls (who will be young adults) will still be stuck on bunk beds.

Please plastic baby Jesus, don't let that happen.

This IS ABSOLUTELY what is going to happen!

The second floor of the TTH is the biggest waste of space I've ever seen. They could've created SO many rooms, with 2-3 siblings in each room, but no. They had to stack them like cordwood and have a gallery instead.

The second floor of the TTH is the biggest waste of space I've ever seen. They could've created SO many rooms, with 2-3 siblings in each room, but no. They had to stack them like cordwood and have a gallery instead.

It's more godly that way.

I hope Jana marries the person who's best for her -- someone who makes her happy and isn't a budding patriarch. Someone who will encourage her to pursue her interests and who wants a partnership instead of a monarchy. And someone who can help find that balance between Jana being close to her family and having her own life.

I've been thinking. Michael Bates has known her boyfriend for 5 years. What if it's the same thing for Jana? That she has a "special friend" but neither is ready for a courtship?

I've been thinking. Michael Bates has known her boyfriend for 5 years. What if it's the same thing for Jana? That she has a "special friend" but neither is ready for a courtship?

I have been wondering if Jessa's posts on social media are reflecting her desires to end the show. What if she's doing so not for her own gain of privacy but because Jana (who clearly doesn't enjoy the limelight) wants to court, but is afraid to because she doesnt want the world to watch? What if Jana can't court without being featured on the show, and that's why she's still unmarried?

I mean, Jessa was clearly uncomfortable through that ordeal and she's more suited for the limelight than Jana is. And, now that Jessa is under "Ben's authority," she can now stir the pot without fearing punishment from her parents -- especially if her "headship" is posting similar content.

I hope it isn't arranged by Jimbob for a change...

Jana needs someone who loves and respects her and doesn't take advantage on her low self esteem and humbleness. She too deserves a good man even if she's - given the fact she'd survived a Jessa - prepared to cope with vipers.

She also needs someone who will take her away, far away, move her across the country and turn her as fundie-light as possible.

I had high hopes for Jill, I thought she and her husband will explore for a while, travel the world, settle down in Nepal for a while - oh look! Jimbob happens to OWN a house in the neighborhood and lets the otherwise houseless couple live in one of his human-cages.

Jessa didn't break free either, she went full blown, hardcore fundie, she has outgrown JB and M, she's becoming something like the PP.

So I don't know if a meek little flower like Jana had the willpower/luck/whatever to settle for nothing less but a fundie-light, respectful man of her own choosing.

And, now that Jessa is under "Ben's authority," she can now stir the pot without fearing punishment from her parents -- especially if her "headship" is posting similar content.

I have the impression that Benita is under the authority of Jasson.

cat-shouting.jpg

I have the impression that Benita is under the authority of Jasson.

cat-shouting.jpg

Lol well I don't doubt that. But she can claim he's in charge. And what is he going to do? Admit she's the one that wears the pants?

Under no circumstances would they do that, admitting that poor little pixiedust hearted Ben managed to let a viper inside the house and locked the door behind them. They will tout the party line but that man has been turned into a total doormat. I'd like to see him try and stand up to Jessa.

I hope it isn't arranged by Jimbob for a change...

Jana needs someone who loves and respects her and doesn't take advantage on her low self esteem and humbleness. She too deserves a good man even if she's - given the fact she'd survived a Jessa - prepared to cope with vipers.

She also needs someone who will take her away, far away, move her across the country and turn her as fundie-light as possible.

I had high hopes for Jill, I thought she and her husband will explore for a while, travel the world, settle down in Nepal for a while - oh look! Jimbob happens to OWN a house in the neighborhood and lets the otherwise houseless couple live in one of his human-cages.

Jessa didn't break free either, she went full blown, hardcore fundie, she has outgrown JB and M, she's becoming something like the PP.

So I don't know if a meek little flower like Jana had the willpower/luck/whatever to settle for nothing less but a fundie-light, respectful man of her own choosing.

In the last 1 1/2 years or so, I got the impression that Jana came out of her shell for the first time. She's still quiet and obedient, but she seems to take care of herself more, smile more, she seems, to me, more at ease with herself and the world in general. There were two quotes on her Pinterest that stood out to me:

j76emcdd.jpg

qoymqhxh.jpg

I think for the longest time, she has only lived for the needs of others, and now that she has less and less children to take care of, she is learning to enjoy things for herself. I don't think she is as weak-willed as she appears and that's why I think she also has an idea what kind of partner she wants, or rather doesn't want.

Archived