IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting Sponsors - MERGE

Rainytown

Per comments under the latest People mag. Duggar story, Bertolli and David's Bridal have pulled their ads.

Edit: x-posted with Lovebug

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Panera hasn't pulled their advertising? Fuck, that's where I am now. I need to write some letters (especially to companies I use more).

'canned' response from P&G from my email yesterday morning.

Thanks for contacting P&G, myname

I'm sorry that you're disappointed with our sponsorship of this show and we appreciate the time you’ve taken to get in touch. We want you to know that we listen to and respect all of our consumers’ opinions, and I’ve shared your comments with the appropriate people in our company.

Thanks again for your message.

P&G Team

edited to add a link to P&G Brands

http://www.pg.com/en_US/brands/index.sh ... egory=hair

(link not broken because it is to a corporate site)

Some of the brands I've seen listed above fall under the P&G umbrella. Way too many to list.

It's about this time that they have their fall lined up. I have a feeling that TLC is scrambling to fill the void, not contemplating this yet. Perhaps they are offering larger blocks to other show.

Looking above- Quaker Oats!

Quaker is part of PEPSICO! (which I know because they rebranded/put a new sign on the local Quaker plant I drive by on my route to/from work - and some old wars with P&G)

fellow brands/sister companies include Frito Lay, Pepsi, Tropicana, Gatorade, Aunt Jemima, Lipton (partnership with Unilever - antoher giant that owns a boat load of brands)

Contacted Panera, Listerine, Kohl's, and Lowe's. Fingers crossed we get some more results from companies. I'm loving the fact that more companies are pulling the ads from the show!

rereading the post with the phone numbers/list

KFC (gee this sort of ties on to my Pepsico post)

KFC is part of YUM! includes KFC, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, A&W, Long John Silvers

(they were a customer of a company I used to work for and a spin off corporation the originally belonged to... Pepsico

Per comments under the latest People mag. Duggar story, Bertolli and David's Bridal have pulled their ads.

Edit: x-posted with Lovebug

I've loved Bertolli since they ran those ads featuring gay couples in the middle of the Barilla scandal. Awesome.

rereading the post with the phone numbers/list

KFC (gee this sort of ties on to my Pepsico post)

KFC is part of YUM! includes KFC, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, A&W, Long John Silvers

(they were a customer of a company I used to work for and a spin off corporation the originally belonged to... Pepsico

I am wondering why Pizza Hut is stating that they are not advertising with them but other brands owned by Yum! have been quiet.

Is Pizza Hut a loose cannon or does Pizza Hut just *happen* not to have any ads with them while other Yum! brands are still advertising?

I got my parents hooked on this show a year and a half ago, and there's something my mom said to me a few days ago I keep going back to. "People will forgive a LOT of things in this country, but molestation is NOT one of them." I think the majority of the sponsors get that, too.

It may be that Pizza Hut hasn't purchased in or have any current ad buys with TLC.

Discover won't air ads on the show. From a facebook reply: "The show isn't on our current TV schedules and we have no plans to advertise on it in the future. Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Have a great day! *Lindsey"

Unilever and Proctor and Gamble are two of the show's largest sponsors.

They own so many branded name products- are we not doing enough in contacting Unilever and P and G? I never thought about contacting each brand- " Swiffer", " Lipton Soup",etc.

I have scanned through facebook pages of sponsors and was surprised at little to not comments on

Honest diapers, Gerber, Pampers, Vicord (core blood banking), these sponsors are all aimed at moms with babies or small kids. Would they really want to be linked the Josh Duggar?

I worked in advertising section of my company for a short time and I saw how ads were bought in blocks by demographics not specific shows on cable. It is easiest for local companies to pull ads but for P & G, Nabisco , or Coke products, it might be a longer process for them to pull ads. They might not want to comment until they know the ads are being pulled or have a meeting to know where they should move the ads to. These companies buy blocks of 1,000 ads in the 18-49 demo but don't get to pick the show. Pulling and changing that many ads might be a long process. I want to give any company that hasn't commented the benefit of the doubt they are working on it. Can you imagine if a company said they were pulling ads and one ad of one of their sub brands fell go on the air.

From what I understand Lowes is not only sticking with advertising on this show but they are banning people from their facebook page who post about it and deleted all comments from their page. I'm curious if anyone else has heard this? It makes me wonder if Lowes has a deeper connection to the Duggars than mere money?

Here is the latest list from the Boycott TLC 19KAC page. These folks are SERIOUS, and are making it their mission to get sponsors pulled. Next on their agenda? Getting books pulled from the stores. Notice HULU pulled episodes, and I just read on their site that Amazon Prime is in the process of pulling the episodes, too. You should check this page out if you have not. Latest list:

Here is a list of some of the Sponsor's of 19 Kids and Counting Contact them and voice your opinions!

Pure Leaf Ice Tea (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

Amazon Prime (ESCALATING TO SENIOR MANAGEMENT TO PULL SHOW)

Hidden Valley (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

Band-Aid (Johnson & Johnson) (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

Arm & Hammer (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

Firehouse Subs (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

Skinny Cow (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

Crayola (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

Bertolli (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

Pizza Hut (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

Party City (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

Ricola (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

Kings's Hawaiian (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

Sherwin-Williams (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

David's Bridal (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

Clorox (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

Haute Look (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

Nestle' (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

Ace Hardware (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

ConAgra Food, Inc. (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

Walgreens (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

Behr Paint (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

CVS (REFUSES ADVERTISING ON 19 KIDS AND COUNTING)

Payless Shoesource (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

H&R Block (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

Jimmy Dean (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

All State (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

Choice Hotel (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

Keurig (REFUSES ADVERTISING ON 19 KIDS AND COUNTING)

Jergens (made contact with Jergens- their response-Thank you for reaching out to us with your comments. The JERGENS® brand is not an advertising sponsor and will not air advertising during TLC’s program “19 Kids and Counting.â€)

John Frieda (made contact with John Frieda- their response- Thank you for reaching out to us with your comments. The John Frieda® brand is not an advertising sponsor and will not air advertising during TLC’s program “19 Kids and Counting.â€)

HULU (PULLED ALL EPISODES OF THE SHOW)

Discover-Response- The show isn't on our current TV schedules and we have no plans to advertise on it in the future. Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

* Macy's

* McDonald's

* Panera Bread

* Philadelphia Cream Cheese- Parent company Kraft

* Naked Juice- Parent company Pepsi

* GEICO

* Benjamin Moore

* Kohl's

* Oscar Mayer

* Listerine

* FRONTLINE Plus

* Minute Maid- Parent company Coca Cola

* Lowe's Home Improvement

* Swiffer

* Proctor & Gamble (specifically Charmin, Bounty, and Head & Shoulders)

Disney: Phone #: (818) 560-1000 Email: http://goo.gl/lXWZiY Address: 500 S Buena Vista St, Burbank, California 91521-6369

Little Ceasars: Phone # 1-313-983-6000 Address: 2211 Woodward Ave. Detroit, MI 48201

Capital One: Address: 1680 Capital One Drive McClean, VA 22102 Phone #: 1-703-720-1000 Email: webinfo@capitalone.com

KAO Brands: Address: 312 Plum Street Building Cincinnati, OH 45201 Phone #: 513-629-5210 Email: http://goo.gl/pOKLTE

Mars: Address: 6885 Elm St. McLean, VA Phone #: 1-703-821-4900 Email: http://goo.gl/0yDTH1

P&G: http://goo.gl/Ob3V4C

Maybellene: http://goo.gl/0hFXfe

Nestle: https://goo.gl/GXoIXg

Flonase:

Lysol, Mucinex, Sandals Resort, Charmin, Geico, Chase, Vidal Sasoon, and Post.

Here's the ones in Canada

Caesar dog food, Rogers (a Canadian telecom), Nivea, X Company , Juvéderm, an American lawyer (re: vaginal mesh lawsuits), Chapstick, IAMS, John Frieda, Brookside chocolate, Downy, Joss & Main, Lancaster caramels, Carraba's restaurant, DeVry University, Meta Health Bars, Lays chips, Band-Aid, Jenny Craig,, KFC, Zzzquil, Rolo, Hershey's, Light & Fit protein shakes, Liberty Mutual, Birch Box beauty products, Quaker Oats, and illuMask light therapy mask.

Edited once, cause spelling is hard, ya'll!

I seem to recall that several years ago TLC had a new show about an American Muslim family living in Michigan, The show followed their day-to-day lives and showed how they were just normal people living their lives. The Evangelical Christian community was having none of it and, along with cooperation from a sponsor, Lowe's, managed to get the show cancelled after one season. I remember this pretty well because I was angry that Lowe's would go along with it and I began my personal boycott of their stores. I never saw the show so I cannot comment on the content but the entire situation was off-putting. Perhaps Lowe's has a connection to Evangelicals.

That's shocking about Lowe's. Guess the Duggars will be running on Lowe's and Chick Fil A.

Someone has to do some digging regarding Lowe's. Who owns it? How is Lowe's connected to Duggar, Gothard and Huckabee?

Lysol and Purdue have both pulled their ads. Purdue apparently said that they pulled their ads from TLC.

I seem to recall that several years ago TLC had a new show about an American Muslim family living in Michigan, The show followed their day-to-day lives and showed how they were just normal people living their lives. The Evangelical Christian community was having none of it and, along with cooperation from a sponsor, Lowe's, managed to get the show cancelled after one season. I remember this pretty well because I was angry that Lowe's would go along with it and I began my personal boycott of their stores. I never saw the show so I cannot comment on the content but the entire situation was off-putting. Perhaps Lowe's has a connection to Evangelicals.

I remembered that show and the Lowe's reaction too, so I did a little digging and found this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/0 ... 27264.html

In early December, hardware store Lowe's pulled its ads from TLC's "All-American Muslim" after the Florida Family Association encouraged members to email the program's advertisers.

The conservative organization posted a letter reportedly from a Lowe's representative, stating that the retail giant had agreed to pull its ads from the series: "While we continue to advertise on various cable networks, including TLC, there are certain programs that do not meet Lowe's advertising guidelines, including the show you brought to our attention. Lowe's will no longer be advertising on that program."

Which linked to this:

floridafamily.org/full_article.php?article_no=108

Lowes email.

Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2011 12:57 PM

Subject: RE: Lowe's Home Centers, Inc. advertised during All-American Muslim

While we continue to advertise on various cable networks, including TLC, there are certain programs that do not meet Lowe's advertising guidelines, including the show you brought to our attention. Lowe's will no longer be advertising on that program. Andrew, Lowe’s Executive Support.

I'm afraid any comment I make to Lowe's FB will just be angry word salad. Can somebody help me write a coherent comment to make to them?

edited for less word salad ;)

I'm really annoyed P&G hasn't pulled ads yet. I own a bit of their stock (not too much, but a bit). Maybe I'll threaten to sell it if they don't pull out.

Archived