IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting Sponsors - MERGE

Rainytown

Could someone keep track of the companies for us? Which ones have advertised during the show, which ones have announced they are pulling their ads, and which ones are still deciding? That might make it a bit easier for us to know which ones to target.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, just sent this out to Walgreens through their website (thanks clueliss for providing the general template!):

To whom it may concern:

As a Walgreens customer I would like to know why your company has not pulled sponsorship/advertising from 19 Kids and Counting on TLC?

In the wake of Josh Duggar's admission to molesting minors - including what appears to be 4 of his own sisters - how can the company that prides itself on being family-friendly not make a public statement and not pull advertising/sponsorship? General Mills, Payless Shoes, and Choice Hotels have already done so.

As I said, I am a consumer, for now. I can always discontinue use of your products and services. While I have always had positive experiences at your stores, I would not hesitate to take my business elsewhere if needed.

I urge you to discontinue your sponsorship of this show.

Thank you for your time.

H&R Block will not be advertising on the show if it returns. They're replying to comments on facebook with "We aren't advertising with TLC right now, although we did during tax season. Like you, had no knowledge of this news until now. We take these matters seriously and will not advertise on the show if it is reinstated."

Velocirapture (and others), you're welcome. I'm an accountant and write fiction for pleasure. Which combines to being able to write decent business letters/emails. I'd seen several people asking for a template so when I did send an email it was natural for me to post mine to be of assistance.

Walgreens is getting a new post to their wall against the show every few minutes!

edit: CVS replied to a poster against the show with "Hi Karen, while our current advertising campaign includes the TLC network, we have not and will not advertise during the “19 Kids and Counting†program. Thanks for reaching out."

Could someone keep track of the companies for us? Which ones have advertised during the show, which ones have announced they are pulling their ads, and which ones are still deciding? That might make it a bit easier for us to know which ones to target.

Here's one list that includes social medial links http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/96 ... 6617052911

Vague comment:

Walgreens ("monitoring the situation")

No comment yet:

Ace Hardware

Party City

Arm & Hammer

Kings Hawaiian

Progressive Insurance

Kohl's

Firehouse Subs

Kraft

Pure Leaf Tea

Walgreens

Minute Maid: Coca Cola (owns Minute Maid)

Simmons Beautyrest Mattresses

Sherwin Williams

Frontline Plus

Advertising removed:

Choice Hotels

Payless Shoes

General Mills

Commitment to not advertise in the future:

H&R Block

CVS

FYI: with the end of the month coming up and summer sweeps getting ready to kick off, it's a good time for these companies to re-evaluate their contracts with TLC.

I don't think you'll have an instant takedown for anyone, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if more companies start quietly dropping in the next few weeks.

And, as someone else mentioned, a LOT of companies do the deal where they just buy time on TLC and have less control about what shows they're shown during. If they do 6 mo. contracts for that, they should be up for renewal around the end of June.

For the first time since this news broke I feel like cheering :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

4 Sponsors and Counting

Your move TLC... :nenner: :nenner:

The CVS comment is interesting, and good news for all of us who thought companies had no say in which programs their ads are aired during. Clearly at least some of them do.

Hope the Duggars have a full piggy bank ready...

According to this post, it looks like even more advertisers have dropped. I went to each company listed there I hadn't seen yet and pulled the replies stating that ads would be removed.

Pure Leaf: Thank you for contacting us to share your concerns. Please know that we will no longer be advertising on 19 Kids and Counting.

Jimmy Dean:

10559683_10206522053917760_8628408007591427561_n.jpg?oh=06ec38f1f9fefa3753ca6a2f33ccadb2&oe=55FD505C

Allstate: We purchased advertising across all programming on TLC. It came to our attention that our commercials were airing during 19 Kids and Counting. We have pulled our ads from this program.

Behr Paint: Thank you for sharing your concern, Karen. Our campaign ads ran during this show as part of a larger media buy and we have since taken steps to remove our advertising from all future episodes of 19 Kids and Counting.

Nestle: Hi Misty, since the news broke we immediately took steps to ensure that our ads would not run on the show.

That leaves the following as undecided or unstated:

Ace Hardware - "Hi, Suzanne. Ace advertisements ran on this show as part of an overall ad buy with TLC. We are removing our ads from any future episodes of the show."

Party City

Arm & Hammer

Kings Hawaiian

Progressive Insurance

Kohl's

Firehouse Subs

Kraft

Sherwin Williams

Frontline Plus

Plus more listed in this article: http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.co ... o_fast_tlc

I wrote Kohls an email along with several neighbors. Kohls is the only department store in our city. We gave very specific details of how much we have bought and how we are willing to drive 250 miles to the closest alternative. None of us have used our cards since. I even attached a copy of how I purchased my husbands summer shorts on amazon which cost more then Kohls and a copy of how I had bought my husband and son's shorts at Kohls every year since 2007. Kohls forwarded my message to the head of public relations who was gone for memorial day and will be in tomorrow and they said we be addressing the Duggar's ads.

I remembered my very effective boycott of Gymboree during the Kate plus 8. My Gymboree group had spent over 20k and our rewards number proved it and we did not go back for 6 months. When Gymboree finally decided not to ever sponsor a show again, they wrote to us and had us personally come in the store and apologized and we each got a dress.

Has anyone written to the Honest diaper company? I don't have any kids in diapers but I have heard what a self made "honest" company it is suppose to be. The honest company has had multiple ads on 19 kids. I have a much longer list then what is listed here, these are the ones not listed above:(I got these from a Josh episode ran recently).

Macy's

Lumber Liquidators

Trip Advisor

Honest Diapers

Ashley Furniture

Petsmart

Gordman's

Samsung

Gerber

Pampers

LifeAlert

Maybe the show should stay on, after all, and instead of the Duggars receiving any money or anything from it, all proceeds go toward preventing sexual abuse and healing the perpetrators and victims.

And Duggars promise never to speak at any conferences or write another book again.

According to this post, it looks like even more advertisers have dropped. I went to each company listed there I hadn't seen yet and pulled the replies stating that ads would be removed.

Pure Leaf: Thank you for contacting us to share your concerns. Please know that we will no longer be advertising on 19 Kids and Counting.

Jimmy Dean:

10559683_10206522053917760_8628408007591427561_n.jpg?oh=06ec38f1f9fefa3753ca6a2f33ccadb2&oe=55FD505C

Allstate: We purchased advertising across all programming on TLC. It came to our attention that our commercials were airing during 19 Kids and Counting. We have pulled our ads from this program.

Behr Paint: Thank you for sharing your concern, Karen. Our campaign ads ran during this show as part of a larger media buy and we have since taken steps to remove our advertising from all future episodes of 19 Kids and Counting.

Nestle: Hi Misty, since the news broke we immediately took steps to ensure that our ads would not run on the show.

That leaves the following as undecided or unstated:

Ace Hardware - "Hi, Suzanne. Ace advertisements ran on this show as part of an overall ad buy with TLC. We are removing our ads from any future episodes of the show."

Party City

Arm & Hammer

Kings Hawaiian

Progressive Insurance

Kohl's

Firehouse Subs

Kraft

Sherwin Williams

Frontline Plus

Plus more listed in this article: http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.co ... o_fast_tlc

As many before me, I have lurked for years and only now am emerging from my comfortable quiet zone. I have spent many enjoyable afternoons "eavesdropping" here--thank you!

I wrote to Firehouse Subs, and received a disappointing reply. They don't care to whom they shill--they just want everyone to know about their "delicious subs!".

"Thank you for your feedback. We certainly respect your concern regarding the content of TLC's

programs and specifically "19 Kids And Counting." We recommend you share your programming concerns directly with TLC. Firehouse Subs advertisements are aired on a variety of networks in order to appeal to a wide variety of guests. We do not designate our ads to appear during specific programs, nor is it our intention to suggest we are supporting specific types of TV content. Our goal is to make more people aware of our delicious subs! Again, we appreciate your feedback. It is helpful to hear from our guests!"

I also called General Mills to thank them for removing their ads. I figure it can't hurt for the companies who yanked their advertising to receive positive feedback as well.

With all these companies dropping, it might be good to to start putting more pressure on TLC to make some moves. What about going to the cable/satellite companies and asking to remove those channels from your package? (the downside being no more TLC/Discovery channels on your TV)

Firehouse does have some delicious subs. Delicious subs that could be photoshopped in fun ways with their friend Josh Duggar. Everyone should know about the delicious subs!

More advertisers have dropped per TV Guide. Bolding is mine.

"Four advertisers and counting are pulling their advertising dollars from TLC's 19 Kids and Counting following the recent confession by star Josh Duggar that he molested underage girls, The Hollywood Reporter reported.

Payless ShoeSource, Choice Hotels, General Mills and Walgreens have all backed out from sponsoring the show in light of the scandal.

"In the wake of recent news, we are no longer advertising on the 19 Kids and Counting program," a spokesperson for Walgreens told THR."

In case anyone wants to read for themselves:

tvguide.com/news/advertisers-pull-support-19-kids-and-counting-josh-duggar-molestation-scandal/

ETA: I added the bolding to the advertisers who have dropped out.

Walking Cat Bed (LOL at your screen name!) thank you for pointing this out. I didn't know and now I do. ;-)

I apologize I know some will be annoyed but WALKINGCATBED thank you for your information AND thank you for a name that sent me into giggles!

How many dropped sponsors constitute a trend? I would love to be a fly on the wall at the meetings going on at TLC right now. They have only themselves to blame and might want to consider an overall change in the nature of their programming. You wonder what Corporate (Discovery Communications) is thinking right now.

Do sponsors pick out around which program they advertise or does the network decide?

I have no idea how commercials work in the USA..... :?

Do sponsors pick out around which program they advertise or does the network decide?

I have no idea how commercials work in the USA..... :?

On a small network like this, they buy on the whole network and get shown on everything. Bravo has some targeted advertising for specific shows, but it looks like TLC didn't. If TLC did have specific buys, they would have been for this show.

An advertiser can request not to be shown on certain content, especially in a situation like this. This takes lawyers and time and obviously messes up the relationship.

Problem for TLC is this was their #1 show. If their advertisers walk, they might as well leave the network when their contract is renewed, usually six months or so. TLC has got to be peeing their pants right now.

Glad to see that Walgreens listened to customers. I had sent an email and posted on their latest Instagram photo.

I'll look over the list and see if there are any companies listed that I shop at. If so, I'll happily inform them that Ill take my business elsewhere if they don't change their policy.

On facebook, King's Hawaiian said "As a family brand, we understand your feelings. Our advertising has been suspended and our thoughts are with those affected." Yay!

Here is a HUGE list of sponsors that I found on the FB Boycott TLC 19KAC page. They've been on this like stink on shit, people. Here is a copy and paste of their sticky - there are some links in here, but they're links directly to the corporate page email/contacts. I think they should be okay - but if not, I can take them out:

Here is a list of some of the Sponsor's of 19 Kids and Counting (thanks you Linda Haugdal Schainberg) Contact them and voice your opinions!

Pure Leaf Ice Tea (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

Kings's Hawaiian (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

Sherwin-Williams (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

David's Bridal (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

Haute Look (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

Nestle' (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

Ace Hardware (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

ConAgra Food, Inc. (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

Walgreens (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

Behr Paint (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

CVS (REFUSES ADVERTISING ON 19 KIDS AND COUNTING)

Payless Shoesource (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

H&R Block (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

Jimmy Dean (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

State Farm (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

Choice Hotel (ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN PULLED)

Keurig (REFUSES ADVERTISING ON 19 KIDS AND COUNTING)

* Macy's

* McDonald's

* Panera Bread

* Philadelphia Cream Cheese

* Firehouse Subs

* Pizza Hut

* Naked Juice

* GEICO

* Benjamin Moore

* Kohl's

* Oscar Mayer

* Ricola

* Arm & Hammer

* Listerine

* FRONTLINE Plus

* Minute Maid

* Party City

* Crayola

* Lowe's Home Improvement

* Discover

* Swiffer

* Band-Aid (Johnson & Johnson)

* Skinny Cow

* Proctor & Gamble (specifically Charmin, Bounty, and Head & Shoulders)

* ConAgra Foods

Hidden Valley: Phone #: 877-853-7262 Email: http://goo.gl/nxoNrn

Disney: Phone #: (818) 560-1000 Email: http://goo.gl/lXWZiY Address: 500 S Buena Vista St, Burbank, California 91521-6369

Little Ceasars: Phone # 1-313-983-6000 Address: 2211 Woodward Ave. Detroit, MI 48201

Capital One: Address: 1680 Capital One Drive McClean, VA 22102 Phone #: 1-703-720-1000 Email: webinfo@capitalone.com

KAO Brands: Address: 312 Plum Street Building Cincinnati, OH 45201 Phone #: 513-629-5210 Email: http://goo.gl/pOKLTE

Mars: Address: 6885 Elm St. McLean, VA Phone #: 1-703-821-4900 Email: http://goo.gl/0yDTH1

P&G: http://goo.gl/Ob3V4C

Maybellene: http://goo.gl/0hFXfe

Nestle: https://goo.gl/GXoIXg

Flonase:

Lysol, Mucinex, Sandals Resort, Charmin, Geico, Chase, Vidal Sasoon, and Post.

Here's the ones in Canada

Jergens, Caesar dog food, Rogers (a Canadian telecom), Nivea, X Company , Juvéderm, an American lawyer (re: vaginal mesh lawsuits), Chapstick, IAMS, John Frieda, David's Bridal, Brookside chocolate, Downy, Joss & Main, Lancaster caramels, Carraba's restaurant, DeVry University, Meta Health Bars, Ricola, Discover credit card, Lays chips, Band-Aid, Jenny Craig,, KFC, Zzzquil, Rolo, Hershey's, Light & Fit protein shakes, Liberty Mutual, Birch Box beauty products, Quaker Oats, and illuMask light therapy mask.

Archived