IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting Sponsors - MERGE

Rainytown

I've been away for a day or so - if this hasn't been covered - 19KAC is no longer on hulu plus.

I think TLC launched an streaming site or something like that a couple months ago.. So 19KAC was off hulu. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think TLC launched an streaming site or something like that a couple months ago.. So 19KAC was off hulu. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

19KAC was still on hulu as of 2 days ago.

Lily and Ellie of the Duggar family blog always say they have to get permission by the Duggars before they post anything. This means the Duggars are very aware of the sponsors leaving and are using the girls as a mouthpiece.

I would like to thank them for the list of sponsors that backed out. Maybe we should all go use the Duggar family blog links to thank the sponsors that left! :D

Thanks for the suggestion. I just did exactly that. I used their links to thank each of the sponsors for dropping 19KAC and asked them not to support any new Duggar family programs. It didn't take long. Chrome auto-filled most of the forms and I pasted the same comment in each.

I read that College Plus has dropped all mention of the Duggars from their website and removed their testimonials. I think this is actually a pretty big deal as they are not regular sponsors but rather a Christian homeschooling group with a more personal tie

Good to hear! I emailed CollegePlus yesterday about the Duggars on their site. I hadn't heard back from them.

oh golly!

P&G sent me a survey (hah!) to see how satisfied I was with their customer service on the email I sent them.

So I used it as another opportunity to slam them for not removing advertising from 19KAC.

(sending me a survey is a dangerous thing. I tend to pull no punches - just ask the car dealership where I get my car serviced).

The Rocky Mountain Super Conference posted this in their event page:

Hi everyone: there has been a lot of discussion on this page, as many of you are aware. We want to hear from those who are part of CHEC, but we want to hear from you via email where we can collect your feedback and present it to the board for their consideration.

Many of the responses we are getting on this page are from people who do not live in Colorado and are simply trolling. So those posts here will be blocked.

Again, we DO want to hear your feedback, so if you are part of CHEC, send us an email at office@chec.org, telling us where in Colorado you live (or nearby states if you attend our conference), and we'll make sure your voice is heard and prayerfully considered.

Thank you!

If their books are banned, the Duggars could legitimately claim persecution and get sympathy as the underdog. We wouldn't want that.

In a way, I kind of want CHEC to keep the Duggars for the conference, if the Duggars do show up it will still cause some of kind of controversy and some people may not return for CHEC 2016. If someone involved with CHEC is smart,they might consider the possibility of bad press because of the Duggars. Josh/Anna, Ben/Jessa and Jill/Derrick are still listed for the Alive festival in Ohio. I think at the least Josh/Anna will be dropped from Alive or they will pull out.

I live in New Mexico, so there are probably New Mexico homeschooling families going to CHEC. Right now, I know two families that are currently homeschooling. But both families are Catholic and might not want to go that conference.

I noticed that the Duggar Family Blog helpfully linked to all the sponsors who have pulled ads from 19-Kids so I took the hint and wrote to all of them thanking them for doing the right thing and urging them to NOT support any possible spin off! :cracking-up: I love it when the Duggers are so helpful like that.

I'm suddenly so thankful not to have a Lowe's. Ace Hardware and Menards are my favorites anyway (although I'm not sure of the bigot status of Menards).

Wait, if the 2 couples moved out of Duggar subsidized housing, why would JB have any say at all?

According to Gothard, once you marry, you're considered an adult. As an adult, you either are the headship (male) or are under the headship (female).

JB does not trump Derick or Ben, if they are truly following Gothard.

Besides, JB still has 11 minors in his care to parent, nurture, teach, guide, mold, love and protect. He has plenty to keep him busy for the next 15 years.

Well Jim dim makes up his own rules. He's all about money. If he can get his adult children to sign over their hard earned cash then he will

I don't think cancelling the show would punish the girls. I think it would be the best for them, even if they might not agree.

This show has - for the better part of a decade - forced them to act sweet and happy on camera and constantly interact with their abuser. They had to pretend he was just fantastic, because even though they were children/teens, they had no choice. JimBob and Michelle had decided all the children would be breadwinners, and they would beat them with a rod if they did not obey.

The girls are at the time of their lives when they can start their own lives. Instead, the pressure's on them to keep pretending that it's A-OK, that they're actually happy and that this new spin-off show can go on, blithely pretending that they weren't abused horribly and betrayed by their parents. JimBob and Michelle want to keep them tied into this sick mistrel show to support themselves.

I feel like it'll be disgusting to watch, but even worse, if those girls don't get out NOW, they'll never learn to live without a camera in their faces, faking a smile, and their husbands won't develop their careers because they'll rely on income from JimBob/the show.

Thanks for the suggestion. I just did exactly that. I used their links to thank each of the sponsors for dropping 19KAC and asked them not to support any new Duggar family programs. It didn't take long. Chrome auto-filled most of the forms and I pasted the same comment in each.

I also did this. I received lovely replies such as this one from Lipton:

Dear *****,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

We appreciate the time you took to share your sincere feelings regarding this topic and for the constructive spirit in which they were offered.

Please know that I will forward your sentiments to our senior management team to be sure that they fully understand your position.

Regards,

Asheley

Consumer Relations Representative

060742959A

On one of the Duggar websites I saw a list of sponsors. Among them was Crayola. Isn't that a lovely combination? I wrote to them expressing my concern about Crayola, who's products are often one of the joys of children of all ages, having their product linked with the Duggar's and Josh's sexual assaults on 5 young girls and the parents who worked very hard to cover it up. I was pleased to get a quick response reporting that they will no longer show ads should 19 Kids return.

On one of the Duggar websites I saw a list of sponsors. Among them was Crayola. Isn't that a lovely combination? I wrote to them expressing my concern about Crayola, who's products are often one of the joys of children of all ages, having their product linked with the Duggar's and Josh's sexual assaults on 5 young girls and the parents who worked very hard to cover it up. I was pleased to get a quick response reporting that they will no longer show ads should 19 Kids return.

From Crayola:Dear ****,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We share your concern for the safety of children and have no plans to air Crayola commercials on future episodes.

If any additional assistance is needed, you are welcome to give us a call at (800) 272-9652 weekdays between 9 AM and 4 PM Eastern Time or email by visiting Crayola.com.

Best wishes for a colorful future!

Colorfully yours,

Susan Zebley

Consumer Affairs Lead Representative

CRAYOLA

I realize that NOTHING any of us Fj'ers say on this forum will ever make a dent in the collective that is known as Jim Bob & Michelle. We are a bunch of ebil, heathen liberals lol.

What if those of us with the ability to comment on the Duggars various social media outlets post the replied we've received from the sponsors. ESPECIALLY from our thank you notes.

Perhaps (cup 1/2 full mentality) then the Duggar collective will start to see a few errors in their ways...

Word of caution: this idea is meant to pertain to Jim Bob, Michelle and Josh ONLY!!! The rest of the collective should be LEFT ALONE!!!

From Crayola:Dear ****,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We share your concern for the safety of children and have no plans to air Crayola commercials on future episodes.

If any additional assistance is needed, you are welcome to give us a call at (800) 272-9652 weekdays between 9 AM and 4 PM Eastern Time or email by visiting Crayola.com.

Best wishes for a colorful future!

Colorfully yours,

Susan Zebley

Consumer Affairs Lead Representative

CRAYOLA

The last two sentences from this response from Crayola made my heart warm just a little bit.

The last two sentences from this response from Crayola made my heart warm just a little bit.

Its just a little bit of the luv I received when sending out thanks for not sponsoring.... The responses were all along the same line :)

This article has an overly sensational headline (Advertisers Who Shunned Duggars’ ’19 Kids’ Haven’t Pulled Money from TLC), but it's got me wondering if it wouldn't be more effective to ask sponsors to withdraw from TLC altogether. http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/19-kids ... 201510425/

I think cases can be made for both. TLC isn't going out of business. Is it better to make sure the other shows like wedding dress shows, 4 houses and 4 weddings, 600 lb life, craft wars and other non family/religious shows get support and we show TLC they can be successful without the Duggars (and maybe in the long run without other shows that have small kids on weekly). I wondered myself should I watch TLC now that they have no Duggars on and give the other shows ratings or should I boycott. I kind of feel we should support other shows on TLC that you find acceptable to show TLC they need to change and cancel the Duggars for good. If TLC starts getting low ratings now they will be more likely to bring the Duggars back.

Haven't read the rest of the responses, but I think it was Netflix that 19 Kids had left months ago, not Hulu.

19KAC was on as of the date furthr back in the thread that I checked and sent them a response as a subscriber. The response was that they wer checking their legal options due to a contract with TLC. After that 19KAC was removed from Huluplus. They even followed up to check on my satisfaction.

I think we also need to tell media outlets like People and Us Magazine that we no longer want them to report on the Duggars or put them on their covers. Jill posted a picture of Israel today and they are pumping out articles on it and I think it's a distraction tactic to woo back fans.

Archived