IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting Sponsors - MERGE

Rainytown

Let's see if this will bounce up on the page so those who've asked for sponsor/advertiser information can use what I collected earlier this year.

I realize this list is not up to date, but most of the 19KAC advertisers/sponsors were the same from week to week. If you feel so inclined (and worry that TLC will put the shows right back on the schedule when they think things have died down a bit) feel free to contact any of these advertisers/sponsors and let them know you and your family won't be purchasing their products as long as they have anything to do with 19KAC.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

based on several brand names I see in the posts in this thread. P&G (Proctor and Gamble) seems big. (Charmin, ZZquil, Bounty Head and Shoulders all stood out). (I used to work for a then owned by P&G company 15 years ago). P&G is very protective of image.

based on several brand names I see in the posts in this thread. P&G (Proctor and Gamble) seems big. (Charmin, ZZquil, Bounty Head and Shoulders all stood out). (I used to work for a then owned by P&G company 15 years ago). P&G is very protective of image.

Yes, it would be more efficient and impactful to get a big umbrella brand like P&G to withdraw their sponsorship. General Mills already has. http://www.politicususa.com/2015/05/22/ ... nting.html

I'm way behind on the big thread (and now I see there's a fallout thread that I'm not emotionally ready to read) so this may have been posted already; I apologize for any redundancy.

Everyone,

I still have twelve episodes on our DVR. If I can stand to FF through them to get the updated list of advertisers, I will do so for the group.

TMZ is reporting RIGHT NOW that TLC thinks they can move forward with the show if they cut out all appearances and mentions of Josh and Anna. In other words, if those who are sickened by one more minute of 19KAC on television remain silent, it's going to happen.

tmz.com/2015/05/23/19-kids-and-counting-josh-duggar-molestation-scandal-tlc-jill-jessa/

I know you are all busy. I'm busy, too. But it's going to take one letter at a time to every advertiser to make sure TLC gets that we've all had enough. IMHO, of course.

-R

Everyone,

I still have twelve episodes on our DVR. If I can stand to FF through them to get the updated list of advertisers, I will do so for the group.

TMZ is reporting RIGHT NOW that TLC thinks they can move forward with the show if they cut out all appearances and mentions of Josh and Anna. In other words, if those who are sickened by one more minute of 19KAC on television remain silent, it's going to happen.

tmz.com/2015/05/23/19-kids-and-counting-josh-duggar-molestation-scandal-tlc-jill-jessa/

I know you are all busy. I'm busy, too. But it's going to take one letter at a time to every advertiser to make sure TLC gets that we've all had enough. IMHO, of course.

-R

But I am also disgusted by the sight of Jimbob and Michelle because they covered it up and made creepy sex jokes to their daughters who were molested. Im so disgusted over the golf course dry humping that the thought of Jimbob makes me want to puke or punch the TV.

Im glad we wont see Josh's smug molester face on TV anymore, but its not good enough.

I would be interested to keep up with the rest of the kids, but we can do that through their social media. Hopefully Jana, Jinger and Joy will be allowed to properly use the internet. Doesn't seem likely (and I don't like the idea of them moderating the show's page with all of the comments and stuff), but I would like to know what they get up to and stuff.

Hi all-

Don't know if this warrants a new topic but, for those of us who are really concerned that TLC is going to try and weather this scandal to keep their cash cow on the air, I think it is important to target advertisers. General Mills already pulled their sponsorship from 19 Kids and I think we should both thank them (I've tweeted them) and put pressure on others to pull ads as well. Thing is, I always watched the show on my DVR and fast forwarded the ads so, I'm not sure who the other advertisers are. Anyone have any idea? I don't want to re-watch any of the shows, it is too much to even look at these people. Please, if you remember specific companies who advertise on this show, please share here!

I wrote to Discovery Communications, have been writing to the sponsors (e-mails, not snail mail). Have been encouraging friends to do the same.

I posted to TLC's Facebook statement that they need to cancel the show and make sure the victims are given the opportunity to receive counseling (as well as Josh). I've also been active on other areas of Facebook spreading the truth of what the report stated. Finally, I posted messages of support to Jill, Jessa, Ben, and Derick on Instagram (just saying it wasn't their fault and they are worthy of love). I'm going to see which companies I can email about pulling sponsorship. I know Minutemaid advertised during the show recently, so maybe targeting Coca-Cola would be good.

ETA: Also, I know a lot of people here aren't religious or don't believe in God (which is cool :) ), but I will also be silently praying about this situation at Church tomorrow morning - for the victims, for Josh getting help for his issues, and for TLC to do the decent thing by canceling the show.

Just sent amessage to Discovery Communications urging them to cancel. If I can find a way to contact sponsors then I will. I hope others are doing the same - it would be horrie if this show is allowed to continue.

I sent a message to Proctor and Hamble last night. I basically just asked why a company that prides itself on being family-friendly would want to continue being linked to the show after the allegations carne out.

Also, I sent Guinn Seewald a private message through Facebook today. Maybe I overstepped myself by doing so, but I wanted to offer support to the girls somehow. Here is the message I sent:

Mrs. Seewald,

I just wanted to offer my love and prayers to Jessa. She (and her sisters) have grown into such strong, loving, smart, funny, and beautiful young women over the years. The fact that Ben was able to win her heart is a true testament to the amazing young man you and your husband have raised - it brings a great deal of comfort to many people to know she has a strong husband to support her in times of need.

To know what happened to the Duggar girls is heart breaking. I pray that Jessa, Ben, Jill, Derick, Jana, Jinger, and Joy are doing well.

Please tell Jessa none of what happened is her fault or the fault of her sisters. Please tell them there are many people praying for them. Please offer Jessa any guidance and support she may need during this difficult time. And please remind her that God will always love her and will never abandon her when she needs him.

Thank you for your time.

Short and sweet. I purposely avoided mentioning Josh or his parents - it wouldn't do any good and would just make them ignore the truly important part about offering Jessa support. Hopefully I did ok.

Does anyone know where the you tube video of the March 10 episode can be found? I wasn't able to find it...

But I am also disgusted by the sight of Jimbob and Michelle because they covered it up and made creepy sex jokes to their daughters who were molested. Im so disgusted over the golf course dry humping that the thought of Jimbob makes me want to puke or punch the TV.

Im glad we wont see Josh's smug molester face on TV anymore, but its not good enough.

I would be interested to keep up with the rest of the kids, but we can do that through their social media. Hopefully Jana, Jinger and Joy will be allowed to properly use the internet. Doesn't seem likely (and I don't like the idea of them moderating the show's page with all of the comments and stuff), but I would like to know what they get up to and stuff.

I totally agree.

No Josh- no JB or Michelle either-

No, TLC, just no.

Wrote my letter to Discovery Networks and P&G this afternoon.

Hey TLC, don't be stupid. Nobody in a right state of mind will be able to watch this show with out feeling a bit nauseated.

FYI - Hulu(plus) still has available clips for this show. Which may or may not be network related.

ww.hulu.com/19-kids-and-counting

As I subscribe I'm about to send something to them about this.

edited to add the contact page

www.hulu.com/help/contact

edited because it is early and I forgot to remove the hotlink.

contacted P&G via their website just now. Feel free to tweak this. (Most of you will need to because I specifically state that I am an former employee and a shareholder in my email). You can also change out P&G brands you might use. (and yeah, you didn't realize Aussie was Procter, did you?)

As not just a P&G consumer, but as a former employee and as a result investor in your company, why has P&G not pulled sponsorship/advertising from 19 Kids and Counting on TLC?

In the wake of Josh Duggar's admission to molesting minors - including what appears to be 4 of his own sisters, how can the company that makes Pampers not make a public statement and not pull advertising/sponsorship? General Mills has already done so.

As I said, I am an investor. For now. I am a consumer, for now. I can always divest my portfolio from P&G holdings. And I can discontinue use of your products. Charmin, Bounty, Always & Cover Girl are among the brands I use.

I have seen advertising for Charmin, Bounty, and Head & Shoulders advertised during the program. Furthermore the distinctive purple hair care bottles of Aussie products are frequently shown during the program.

I urge you to discontinue your sponsorship of this show.

Sincerly,

myname

employee 1994 to 2002 at removedtopreventidentificiation

contacted P&G via their website just now. Feel free to tweak this. (Most of you will need to because I specifically state that I am an former employee and a shareholder in my email). You can also change out P&G brands you might use. (and yeah, you didn't realize Aussie was Procter, did you?)

As not just a P&G consumer, but as a former employee and as a result investor in your company, why has P&G not pulled sponsorship/advertising from 19 Kids and Counting on TLC?

In the wake of Josh Duggar's admission to molesting minors - including what appears to be 4 of his own sisters, how can the company that makes Pampers not make a public statement and not pull advertising/sponsorship? General Mills has already done so.

As I said, I am an investor. For now. I am a consumer, for now. I can always divest my portfolio from P&G holdings. And I can discontinue use of your products. Charmin, Bounty, Always & Cover Girl are among the brands I use.

I have seen advertising for Charmin, Bounty, and Head & Shoulders advertised during the program. Furthermore the distinctive purple hair care bottles of Aussie products are frequently shown during the program.

I urge you to discontinue your sponsorship of this show.

Sincerly,

myname

employee 1994 to 2002 at removedtopreventidentificiation

This is an EXCELLENT letter, especially how you mentioned specific brand names you use, that you were an investor, etc. It makes it seem much less "blankety" then the typical copy and paste letter campaigns, though at this point volume of letters is what is really important.

I highly encourage people who feel the show should be pulled to contact advertisers via mail, email, and especially publicly on social media. They have a brand to protect and the more vocal we are, the higher chances of the company pulling adverts.

I truly believe TLC is on the fence, and it will ABSOLUTELY come down the amount of advertisers they lose in the next few days which will determine if the show will stay (minus Josh) or will be pulled. If I had to guess it will be yanked, as unlike many scandals it seems to be gaining momentum day by day instead of settling into the background.

Thank you for taking the time to make the list!

Hulu - you don't know who you are dealing with. (I shot back with - but are you removing the show from your site?)

Their 'response' to my complaint that the show was pulled and they still have it on their site:

Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know how you feel about 19 Kids & Counting on Hulu. It definitely wasn't our intention to offend you. We're always interested to hear what folks think about Hulu, so I appreciate the feedback. It helps us shape the service going forward. I'll pass your email to the rest of the team.

If you have any other feedback for us (positive or negative), don't hesitate to let me know.

Thanks,

Hulu Support

Payless Shoes is removing their ads.

https://www.facebook.com/payless/posts/ ... 0152164269

Payless' representative made a comment that we should all keep in mind. Many of these advertisers buy ad time for TLC in general and not necessarily for certain shows. They obviously can tweak it though:

Payless' ads ran during this show as part of a larger buy with TLC. We are taking steps to have them removed from future episodes.

hulu's reponse (and isn't this enlightening)

bolding is mine.

Thanks for responding. We are aware of the allegations and Hulu is currently figuring out how to proceed as there is a contract with TLC. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes and hope to resolve the issue soon.

Thanks,

Hulu Support

Lots of people are posting on the Walgreens page to remove their sponsorship. I owe my existence to Walgreens (my grandparents first met while they were working at one), but I'd be happy to take my business elsewhere if necessary.

Archived