IGNORED

Lori and Ken Alexander's Big Ol' Bucket o' Crazy - Part 2

Would Lori's horrid "training" methods even work for a cat? The cats I've interacted with do what they want. And if they know I don't want them to do something, they just do it when I'm gone.

I suspect that kicking or smacking at a cat is liable to have the opposite effect. My cats are well-behaved, well-mannered little furfaces, but they also still have minds of their own. Mine do bad things right in front of me, and when I fuss at them, they'll give me that "who me?" look right before zipping away to do their next bad thing. **

** When I say "bad thing," I'm talking about things like knocking cups over or eating plants. I'm not talking about peeing on things, because generally speaking, that is really not normal cat behavior. Inappropriate elimination in a cat is almost always a sign that something is badly wrong.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's a big leap comparing a racist bigot to a Christian with Zsu

Are you serious??

I suspect that kicking or smacking at a cat is liable to have the opposite effect. My cats are well-behaved, well-mannered little furfaces, but they also still have minds of their own. Mine do bad things right in front of me, and when I fuss at them, they'll give me that "who me?" look right before zipping away to do their next bad thing. **

** When I say "bad thing," I'm talking about things like knocking cups over or eating plants. I'm not talking about peeing on things, because generally speaking, that is really not normal cat behavior. Inappropriate elimination in a cat is almost always a sign that something is badly wrong.

That's what I've experienced too. My boyfriend did manage to train his cat not to scratch furniture, but he did so by getting the cat a nice kitty tower/scratching post and giving the cat a treat whenever he scratched the tower (starting from when the cat was a kitten). Of course, now the cat will put his paw on the post and stare at us just to get a treat, but you take what you can get with a cat! I love watching the boyfriend try to keep the cat from doing something naughty (licking the floor, eating a plant, etc.). Cat ignores him until boyfriend finally startles him enough to shoo him away, then cat gives a yowl and sulks in the next room.

Charlie, did she add "great post" to your comment today?

Yes she did, I had asked how hard can it be to clean the house, seems simple enough

That's what I've experienced too. My boyfriend did manage to train his cat not to scratch furniture, but he did so by getting the cat a nice kitty tower/scratching post and giving the cat a treat whenever he scratched the tower (starting from when the cat was a kitten). Of course, now the cat will put his paw on the post and stare at us just to get a treat, but you take what you can get with a cat! I love watching the boyfriend try to keep the cat from doing something naughty (licking the floor, eating a plant, etc.). Cat ignores him until boyfriend finally startles him enough to shoo him away, then cat gives a yowl and sulks in the next room.

I swear, it's like having a gaggle of three year olds underfoot at all times when you have cats. They are into everything, they like to learn about cause and effect (knock cup over, get to play in a splash of water while owner serenades you with squeals of horror), and they constantly talk back.

I swear, it's like having a gaggle of three year olds underfoot at all times when you have cats. They are into everything, they like to learn about cause and effect (knock cup over, get to play in a splash of water while owner serenades you with squeals of horror), and they constantly talk back.

Yep, and I love them for it! Cats have such a fascinating investigative-type intelligence. I love watching them explore new places/sensations or discover new things to do. And I adore it when the talk back!

I also thought her constant "pee pee" and "poo poo" today was amusing.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2015/03/a-clean-home-is-pretty-home.html

I do strive to be a better housekeeper. I deliberately let my standards slide when my kids were growing up because I found I was putting the condition of my home above the condition of their feelings. Peace returned to our family when I let our home be "lived in" more comfortably.

I challenge Lori to consider that a HOSPITABLE Home is a Pretty Home. The homes I love to be in the most are not the most modern or fancy, which Lori points out is not necessary; but they are all clean and tidy, and the hosts are warm and welcoming and loving. However, I have one relative who does not keep a real tidy home, yet she is so enthusiastic about company. She thrives on company. It is hard not to feel cherished just walking into her home and hearing her sincere and gleeful greeting. Her attitude really is "my goal is to show hospitality, not my home." I have tried to take on a little bit of that as far as relaxing my standards and still be comfortable opening my home.

Last week, after ten inches of snow fell in our area, the men of the neighborhood spent much of the day shoveling and blowing snow. I made a big pot of chili and invited some of the families over for a spur of the moment soup supper. My house was not necessarily company ready but it was one of the most pleasant evenings I can remember. We were focused on the visiting - the common adventure of the snow - not comparing homes.

I do think some women make an idol of their clean homes; then what do they do with them? Do they show hospitality? Do they allow it to radiate an aura of welcome, no matter what? I actually have a couple of friends who I've stopped inviting over because they are SO into a spotless home I feel they are judging every speck and smear in mine. These are the homes I feel most uncomfortable in - the homes where the owners clearly rank its cleanliness above the comfort of their guests.

We actually attended at dinner party once and, after the one family with small children left, the hosts started mopping the floor! With other guests still there! They just could not stand the sticky mess "those kids" left in their kitchen. It was the most bizarre thing I've ever seen. After that, I started declining most of their invitations.

Okay, this ends my rant on "Hospitality is More Important Than Cleanliness."

Here's another irony: she plays a mentor on the internet, but doesn't give or follow practical advice on how to set up your home so that it is welcoming to guests, including little ones, without stress and effort.

Remember when she was talking about recovering her sofas and replacing the living room carpet? lorialexander.blogspot.ca/2014/03/my-dark-green-carpet.html

She got a suggestion in the comment section about how to make choices that eliminate worry over spills and stains - and promptly rejected it. Apparently, it's easier just to terrorize the grandchildren.

Have you thought about bamboo or cork flooring? It might be a bit more contrast that mismatched wood, so you wouldn't need to replace the other floors, and it's environmentally friendly.

I'm not a fan of carpet on a main floor, and only use it in our basement and bedrooms because of our cold climate. If I was in California, I wouldn't use carpet at all.

Are you thinking of slipcovers or removable covers for the couches at all? With grandchildren, it's good to know that you don't need to worry that new fabric is ruined if a child has a leaky diaper, or throws up, or has sticky hands, or spills grape juice. You just toss the cover into the wash. We have leather couches and wood floors, and happily host the whole family each week, including many small nieces and nephews, without stress because I know everything is so easy to clean.

1 reply · active 50 weeks ago

Lori Alexander's avatar - Go to profile

Lori Alexander · 50 weeks ago

All wood floors and leather furniture is definitely the most practical way to go, Cynthia, but Ken loves carpet in the family room and I like couches that aren't leather. Leather is just too cold to me. My couches are so warm and comfy. I won't let the grandbabies bring juice or food in here and hopefully there will be no leaky diaper or throw up accidents in here either! But if it happens, I have very good stuff to clean it up with.

Generation stupid Kelly has a post up about the total evils of public school and how her small town conservative schooling has left her 'broken.' Somebody get this woman an Oscar STAT!

ANYway guess who pops up in the comments? Yup...

Lori Alexander says:

March 8, 2015 at 6:42 pm

How could we ever think that putting our precious children in government run schools for many hours every day for many years was a good thing? There is nothing in the Bible that speaks about doing this with our children! Here is a post written by a public high school teacher warning parents to “Get Your Kids Out?†It is VERY good and should be heeded by Christian parents.

Yeah she links her blog. EHHHH? Lori..pet...did you not send your four kids to school? She is such a fanny :lol: Her and Kelly in a room would be such a shit party.

Does the Bible tell parents to lock their kids in their room for hours each day so Mommy can rest? Because that is what Lori did with her kids.

Would Lori's horrid "training" methods even work for a cat? The cats I've interacted with do what they want. And if they know I don't want them to do something, they just do it when I'm gone.

Nope. If she tried it would maul her and then shit in her shoes every night.

Cats cannot be trained. Cats train you. My feline headship can learn-I wish toddlers were as easy to potty train as cats, and she learned how to open doors. But she cannot be trained not to open doors to places I don't want her to go in, or stop destroying my leggings when she sits on my lap and kneads.

Cats cannot be trained. Cats train you. My feline headship can learn-I wish toddlers were as easy to potty train as cats, and she learned how to open doors. But she cannot be trained not to open doors to places I don't want her to go in, or stop destroying my leggings when she sits on my lap and kneads.

Lori is a nasty piece of work. I remember that post about how she tried to kick her cat but missed, hit the wall, and broke (I think) her toe.

Ha! Talk about instant karma!

Lori is a nasty piece of work. I remember that post about how she tried to kick her cat but missed, hit the wall, and broke (I think) her toe.

Ha! Talk about instant karma!

That is my all-time favorite Lori story. Lori is such a horrible, horrible woman.

I have 2 7 month old ninja kitten assholes. They are perfectly litter trained (as in no boo-boos since I've had them), but the rest...THEY have trained me! The female, when she wants attention, she GETS attention...by jumping on your lap and laying there (like an infant). Her brother has a "thing" for my beanie babies. He drags them all over the house and usually ends up stashing them ALL under my bed. They have a scratching post that they LOVE...because it's liberally coated in nip.

Cats are not hard to "train"...well...they trained us AND the dogs :)

Lori couldn't train a dead rat...

Oh, I don't know. I taught all of my cats from the time they were tiny kittens to come when they're called. And they do -- every time unless they're actually asleep. I've also taught my lady cat to roll over and beg (the begging happened accidentally, but we went with it). But that said -- cats are still cats, and they do cat things. I don't know that anyone will ever find a way to train a cat to stay off the furniture or out of the windows or anything like that. And you certainly do not train a cat by terrorizing it Lori-style.

I'm glad she broke her toe, but I feel sorry for the cat because you know she got even with it.

She is so fucking creepy. How many times is she going to tell people that Debi Pearl spanked her? She even said it in that damn radio interview and here she is in comments today:

Lori:

Thankfully, Debi spanked me and woke me up from my miserable slumber!

What the everlasting fuck goes through her mind when she says that??????

She is so fucking creepy. How many times is she going to tell people that Debi Pearl spanked her? She even said it in that damn radio interview and here she is in comments today:

Lori:

What the everlasting fuck goes through her mind when she says that??????

Some girl on girl (or older woman on older woman) spanking action?

Yes, I know we've snarked on Lori's constant "stay home with your babeez" line before, but today's post is especially bad because of how she deliberately cut out crucial info from another mom's post.

If you just read Lori's post and don't click through to the linked article, you think that this mom simply felt that daycare = evil, and Lori goes on to echo that view and say that poverty is better.

Here's the part of the article that Lori DIDN'T mention:

When my son was an infant, just learning to pull himself up and creep along low level furniture, he was mauled by a dog. The animal, a golden retriever three times his size, sunk its teeth into both sides of my boy’s head and threw him, effortlessly, into the air. That moment, forever etched into my brain, changed my son from a confident, happy little boy into an anxious, uncertain one. It was as if his life was cracked in half: before the mauling, when he was carefree in a world that was his playground, and after the mauling, when he felt unsafe anywhere but in my arms.

My son did not quickly recover his belief that he’s safe in the world separate from me. He is better now, but in those years after the divorce he was still recovering his confidence in himself and his ability to navigate through life. His one safe place was in our little apartment with me by his side. Even with other family members he felt exposed. He had no tolerance for strangers or unfamiliar environments.

In other words, her son had a very specific issue - anxiety or PTSD stemming from a serious mauling. Emotionally, he became a very different child. Her decision had nothing to do with daycare being inherently unsafe, and everything to do with her child's unique emotional needs. She made the decision that was right for her particular family, and shut out the noise from those who would criticize. Lori is part of the noise that criticizes young moms and orders then to follow her one-size-fits-all plan without any regard for their unique situations.

I read the article and also came to the conclusion that she left a lot of info out, knowing her readers will take word that what she said was gospel,, but you know our Lori,, she's good for giving half the story

I wrote her and told her about it, but you know that wont see the light of day, I did call her out on editing post, calling her a liar and unethical, I think if just one time she would admit that she might be wrong on something,, I would not even bother to read her nonsense,

Lori is a lying liar who lies. She tells half the story and only presents enough information to get the response she wants. She did this in the sooper sekrit group - she'd pose a question and word it so that she got a particular response and she could have a "teaching moment" so that she could feel superior. Her entire online persona is carefully crafted to make herself feel good about herself. It's pathological.

Even when presented with facts, Lori would never admit she was wrong. Ken is the same way. When Koala provided quote after quote from Lori that proved what he was claiming was wrong, he still refused to admit it.

Lori is Always Right and Never Learning.

I wonder what made her change, we know she came from privilege, I bet she was spoiled as a child but what did Ken see in her, e had to know she was manipulative, but he married her anyway, is love that blind that a man woud take her shit,,

But the question remains, what made her change to what she is now, is it a melding of two personalities , the privileged little girl who still gets to be that way with her readers but not with Ken,, anyways,, shes still a shrew

I wonder what made her change, we know she came from privilege, I bet she was spoiled as a child but what did Ken see in her, e had to know she was manipulative, but he married her anyway, is love that blind that a man woud take her shit,,

But the question remains, what made her change to what she is now, is it a melding of two personalities , the privileged little girl who still gets to be that way with her readers but not with Ken,, anyways,, shes still a shrew

I think she's always been the way she is now-- a privileged mean girl. She still manipulates Ken, but now she does so passively and "submissively." Didn't Ken raise the question of how they were going to last as a couple after the kids were gone? I think that was a turning point for her. She didn't want to lose her gravy train.

I think she's always been the way she is now-- a privileged mean girl. She still manipulates Ken, but now she does so passively and "submissively." Didn't Ken raise the question of how they were going to last as a couple after the kids were gone? I think that was a turning point for her. She didn't want to lose her gravy train.

I think your right, she has learned quite well on how to get what she wants, still in the early years, if Ken is right on the way she acted, how in the hell did he put up with her, I have been married for 41 years and my wife has never that I can remember use her guiles to get what she wants, I find it repulsive, and for Lori to put out there that she poked a hole in her diaghram to stay at home, My Goodness she wears that like some badge of honor, I wonder what her readers would think if they knew about that, but it seems she only has a hard core membership now

I think your right, she has learned quite well on how to get what she wants, still in the early years, if Ken is right on the way she acted, how in the hell did he put up with her, I have been married for 41 years and my wife has never that I can remember use her guiles to get what she wants, I find it repulsive, and for Lori to put out there that she poked a hole in her diaghram to stay at home, My Goodness she wears that like some badge of honor, I wonder what her readers would think if they knew about that, but it seems she only has a hard core membership now

Ken's a dick who didn't consider his wife's needs important in the least. He put up with her by never spending time with her and putting everything (including the all-sacred basketball) ahead of her.

Archived