IGNORED

Lori and Ken Alexander's Big Ol' Bucket o' Crazy - Part 2

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could be reading into this too much, but I think part of the reason for Lori's posting today is to hit on the topic of women that work from home or run small businesses or smaller side businesses. I vaguely remember Lori saying she was ok with that kind of stuff in the past and it could have been because her daughter-in-law Erin has some kind of floral business.

Are there women who worked outside of the home in the Bible; leaving their homes for hours every day and their children in the care of others? I read this on another blog, "There is nothing wrong with a woman who works {Acts 16:14}; what's wrong is a woman who puts her career ahead of her family." When this person wrote "works" he was referring to working outside of the home, since women who stay home work also. Let's looks at this verse that somehow justifies working outside of the home ~ "And a certain woman named Lydia, seller of purple, of the city of Thyatira..." or they use this from the Proverbs 31 woman, "She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant." That's it! There's only two verses.

Neither of these verses tell us that these women worked outside of the home. In fact, they most undoubtedly made their clothing in their homes since there were no factories back then. Maybe Lydia went to the market place to sell it, but we don't know. She could have easily sold it from her home. It didn't say whether or not she even had a husband and children. The Proverbs 31 woman "delivered girdles" but it certainly doesn't mean she was away from the home for hours every day with others raising her children. Some claim the Proverbs 31 woman was a real estate investor since she bought some land and planted a garden on it. It always amazes me what great lengths people will use to try and justify women working outside of the home from a biblical argument.

I think Lori is basically saying it is fine to do certain things to earn money from home, but it's wrong to leave the house to do so. Lori seems to believe that women raising families or just being stay at home wives need to be in the house all or most of the time. I have known people who have had their business which were mostly based out of their homes, but they did have to leave at times, in order to maintain/market the business and establish good relationships with customers/clients.

Lori would have hated the fundie lite homeschooling family that lived near my family when I was growing up. The couple only had three sons, there were issues with the wife's health, which they were honest about it to everyone and the wife said they wished they could have had more, but she never said that others should have huge families. This family had two businesses, one was a computer repair business which was done by the husband. The wife had her own small accounting business, in which she did accounting work for local businesses. She was able to do some of that work from home, but she still had to go to the customer businesses to review books with the business owners. She also did tax work for people during tax season. She was changing around her homeschooling schedule at times to accommodate her work. Even when my neighbor wasn't working or homeschooling her kids, she and the kids did social things and they also did volunteer work at their church. They also use to host traveling ministry groups at their home.

GEEZ, Lori, we get it. You don't want to work. You don't want to leave the house.

I swear, her whole blog is a letter to Ken justifying to him why she shouldn't have to do jack crap. She doesn't want to and the Bible doesn't want her to.

I could be reading into this too much, but I think part of the reason for Lori's posting today is to hit on the topic of women that work from home or run small businesses or smaller side businesses. I vaguely remember Lori saying she was ok with that kind of stuff in the past and it could have been because her daughter-in-law Erin has some kind of floral business.

I think Lori is basically saying it is fine to do certain things to earn money from home, but it's wrong to leave the house to do so. Lori seems to believe that women raising families or just being stay at home wives need to be in the house all or most of the time. I have known people who have had their business which were mostly based out of their homes, but they did have to leave at times, in order to maintain/market the business and establish good relationships with customers/clients.

Lori would have hated the fundie lite homeschooling family that lived near my family when I was growing up. The couple only had three sons, there were issues with the wife's health, which they were honest about it to everyone and the wife said they wished they could have had more, but she never said that others should have huge families. This family had two businesses, one was a computer repair business which was done by the husband. The wife had her own small accounting business, in which she did accounting work for local businesses. She was able to do some of that work from home, but she still had to go to the customer businesses to review books with the business owners. She also did tax work for people during tax season. She was changing around her homeschooling schedule at times to accommodate her work. Even when my neighbor wasn't working or homeschooling her kids, she and the kids did social things and they also did volunteer work at their church. They also use to host traveling ministry groups at their home.

This does not, however, justify her other daughter's dance career.

Also, Lori is super passive aggressive about dancer daughter's puppy on instagram and it's really funny. She clearly thinks the puppy is ridiculous and the daughter should be having children instead. And the daughter posts about the puppy ALL the time.

Also, Lori is super passive aggressive about dancer daughter's puppy on instagram and it's really funny. She clearly thinks the puppy is ridiculous and the daughter should be having children instead. And the daughter posts about the puppy ALL the time.

Instagram link? Haha, I guess Lori isn't going to refer to the puppy as her granddogter anytime soon then.

Lori is truly the most repetitive blogger in the history of blogging. Same shit, different day.

When our daughter was a baby/young toddler she fell asleep to a lullaby tape. Initially, though, the loud "click" of the tape shutting off, after the last song, would startle her awake. I quickly went out and bought a little tape player that allowed us to play the tape on a continuous loop all night. It brought us peace by allowing her to get a full night's sleep until she was old enough for us to change the habit.

Lori's posts have always made me think of that phase of my life. She lives on a loop in her blogging. I wonder if she's lost readers. Surely most of her followers read the title each day and say "Oh, she covered that just last week," and move on to the next blog. Her readers know where she stands on all of these issues, yet she repeats them over and over again. She has no concept of branching out while maintaining the purpose of her blog.

Ken said that dancer daughter Alyssa and her husband are having fertility issues. He said in a comment somewhere on the blog. Now, if Alyssa enjoys her puppy and still longs to have kids, it is shitty of Lori to be bitching about the puppy and saying that Alyssa should have kids.

I couldn't find the instagram. Can someone pm it to me please?

Ken said that dancer daughter Alyssa and her husband are having fertility issues. He said in a comment somewhere on the blog. Now, if Alyssa enjoys her puppy and still longs to have kids, it is shitty of Lori to be bitching about the puppy and saying that Alyssa should have kids.

I don't believe Ken on this issue.

What exactly did she say to Alyssa on Instagram?

If she really made a comment about having kids, knowing full well that her daughter has fertility issues, that beyond even her regular shittiness.

Lydia of Purple always makes me think of Coleen Sabin, which makes me sad.

Lori is such a bitch. She wants everyone to worship her and tell her she made the right choices, when, in fact, she's trying to use the bible justify her laziness. She calls it "being content" but I call it "lazy." She doesn't want to go out to eat? Fine with me, I don't usually want to do that either. But what does she do instead? What is she spending her time and money on instead? Watching TV? Writing a book? Improving her mind or body? Learning about history or art or music or different cultures? No. She just sits up on her desk chair, talking about how she is always right and has nothing left to learn from others.

This is funny because you'd think the little bitch would recognize a kindred spirit in the big bitch. Oh, who'm I kidding? The poor little dog probably isn't even in the same realm as gigantobitch.

Also, did anyone else's mind insert an alternative while reading Lori's rant?

"Neither of these verses tell us that God condemns people in mutually respectful homosexual relationships. In fact, they most undoubtedly were telling us that the type of gay prostitution as practiced in the temples was not okay. Maybe gay or lesbians had long-term relationships, but we don't know... It always amazes me what great lengths people will use to try and justify their bigotry from a biblical argument."

Instsgram:

Alyssa: lysmarieh

Her husband Jon: jonhustedt

(Ew he follows mark Driscoll and the Mars hill church in Huntington beach)

Cassi: cassilyn27

Lori: laalex2

Emily: emalexander89

I think Erin went private after Lori blabbed to the world about them making Emma sit on a blanket and watch them eat when she was hungry, and force feeding her when she wasn't. She has a blog too. (also private)

I think Erin went private after Lori blabbed to the world about them making Emma sit on a blanket and watch them eat when she was hungry, and force feeding her when she wasn't. She has a blog too. (also private)

Well, I guess most abusers will do what they can to fly under the radar. I feel sick to my stomach each time those stories are mentioned. Even worse, is the pride Lori took in telling them.

My mother was very strict with my siblings and me, but practically had to take to her bed if she saw me discipline her grandchildren :lol: Most grandmothers do NOT enjoy seeing their grandchildren disciplined, especially so harshly.

"Grandma's Double Standard" is what makes kids feel all warm and gooey, safe and special with their grandparents, in my opinion.

Instsgram:

Alyssa: lysmarieh

Her husband Jon: jonhustedt

(Ew he follows mark Driscoll and the Mars hill church in Huntington beach)

Cassi: cassilyn27

Lori: laalex2

Emily: emalexander89

I'm not surprised that Jon follows Mark Driscoll. Lori and her family have been following Driscoll for the years. The church Ken and Lori endorses Mars Hill's teachings and Lori has referenced Driscoll several times on the blog.

Lori's kids, son-in-laws, and daughters-in-laws are the ideal Driscoll followers. They aren't hardcore fundies and Driscoll has a bit of youthful/hipster thing going on.

Side note, Lori's son-in-law Jon is the son of a pastor named Dennis and the dad published book several years.

I'm not surprised that Jon follows Mark Driscoll. Lori and her family have been following Driscoll for the years. The church Ken and Lori endorses Mars Hill's teachings and Lori has referenced Driscoll several times on the blog.

Lori's kids, son-in-laws, and daughters-in-laws are the ideal Driscoll followers. They aren't hardcore fundies and Driscoll has a bit of youthful/hipster thing going on.

Side note, Lori's son-in-law Jon is the son of a pastor named Dennis and the dad published book several years.

That Driscoll IG has been defunct for over a year. Time to shut errrr down, markey!

If this is the case, I suspect Ken is feverishly working on one as well, as I've long suspected. I truly think that is why the little "love you's" are showing up on their blog comments, because her previous inability to answer if she loved Ken was not a good brand for a marriage mentor.

I hope they self publish and crash and burn during some tv interview. but that is just me

Archived