IGNORED

Sister Wives: Kody the Idiot Divorces Meri to Marry Robyn

Eternalbluepearl

The crazy part is that if they married in order to "look" better or more stable or what have you...well, there's this teensy thing called a reality show that shows them living a polygamist life, no matter how they look on paper.

I am thoroughly enjoying the drama, though, so well played, Siste Wives.

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Googled it...

Robyn was married to David Preston Jessop from 1999 to 2007. He filed for divorce citing irreconcilable differences. Two different websites stated that in his religious beliefs, the children belong to the mother's husband. Still unclear is if Brown and Jessop are the same group, I'm guessing not.

Christine is a cousin of Jessop's. Not sure if related but from the other show, Brady Williams oldest daughter Karlie gave birth to a son named Huck Jessop. Article does not say anything about a husband or how the kid is named Jessop.

In 2011, Robyn said that the other kids were bullying hers, and if they chose to, when they were old enough, they could go live with biological father. She accuses Jessop of abuse.

It no end of bothers me that Kody was courting Robyn while Christine was pregnant and about to give birth. I think he was with Robyn until he was forced to go to the hospital. I think Kody is the kind of father that gives more of a crap about the kids of his current bedmate than his own children, and generally that means a manipulative mother in that bed, pushing her own kids on the new guy rather than protecting the child's relationship with the natural father.

It's not the first time I've encountered this, not by a long shot, and it is both sexes who seek to replace the other parent because they personally are done with the other parent - never mind the effect on the children, much less the other parent.

I don't like or respect Kody Brown and if he and/or Robyn are trying to force David Jessop out of his own children's lives, then I hope karma hits them hard and fast and very painfully.

The kids visit their bio dad, they've shown how they each drive halfway to make the transfer. Summers and some holidays. I assume it's important to him since he still wants to see them. Even if he's not amazing, he is still their dad.

Well, they will probably have to discuss this on the show. Looking forward to it!

Politicsrusprinciple.tumblr.com

Scroll down to find out the entire Brown history tree.

This just boggles my mind. :pink-shock: I can’t imagine Christine or Janelle would be very happy about this. Cant wait to see what happens :popcorn2:

The kids visit their bio dad, they've shown how they each drive halfway to make the transfer. Summers and some holidays. I assume it's important to him since he still wants to see them. Even if he's not amazing, he is still their dad.

Well, they will probably have to discuss this on the show. Looking forward to it!

That was some rabbit hole. I can't keep them all straight, I'd have to sit down the paper and pencil.

Janelle was married to Meri's brother, Adam Barber, for two years and divorced him before marrying Kody.

It is so annoying how people assume the kids NEED to see their bio dad. If the guy was serious about the kids, the transition Robyn made into the Brown family wouldn't have been half as easy.

If David Jessup is still active in the lives of his children, maybe the marriage to Robyn is to offer some protection if HE is trying to get physical custody of the children. I still think a marriage looks more stable than being the 4th wife, which is actually the 3rd non-wife position.

Whatever the reason for the marriage to Robyn, I bet Meri somehow benefits financially from divorcing Kody. And there has to be some reason he legally married Robyn rather than Janelle or Christine. The only real issue I can think of would be her children.

Christine seems to be the most insecure wife and might feel better if she were the legal wife. Although in their world she probably already is a "legal" wife. Janelle may not be interested in marriage. Janelle left the family once for a couple of years and a real marriage could complicate the situation if she ever wants to do that again. But I'd think both of them would be higher up on the marriage ladder unless a reason existed that necessitated a marriage to Robyn.

Janelle already left? When? Why did she return???? :pink-shock:

This was years ago when the kids were little. She did not get along with Meri at all, and moved out for several years. She continued to be married to Kody. Finally he bought the Utah house where everyone got their own wing and so everyone moved back together.

It is so annoying how people assume the kids NEED to see their bio dad. If the guy was serious about the kids, the transition Robyn made into the Brown family wouldn't have been half as easy.

What makes you think it was easy?

Still unclear is if Brown and Jessop are the same group, I'm guessing not.

Robyn's ex-husband lives (or used to live) in a predominantly AUB area. From what I know he is most likely a part of the same group as the browns.

Well, it's all over the 'net now. So much for keeping it a secret. Wonder how they will "spin" it... :popcorn2:

According to Kody through a family statement, they are "restructuring" their family...whatever the hell that means.

http://www.examiner.com/article/kody-br ... arry-robyn

The statement from the Brown family simply said, "We have chosen to legally restructure our family. We made this decision together as a family. We are grateful to our family, friends and fans for all their love and support." He is not saying why they did it though just that this was a restructure.

If he thought that statement was going to stop the rumourmongering and speculation he's wrong, as that answer means nothing.

Christine is related to the LeBarons? They're the family the Greens were based on in Big Love. They're some of the most extreme polygamist families out there.

Christine is related to the LeBarons? They're the family the Greens were based on in Big Love. They're some of the most extreme polygamist families out there.

I don't think she's related to the LeBarons (unless it is extremely distantly). Her grandfather Rulon Allred was murdered by the LeBarons.

Yeah. Lots of LeBarons still in the Utah polygamist churches. And I have a friend whose husband is from that family. She visited their town in Mexico and said that about 50% are polygamists, they are very jealous of each other, and very into material possessions.

I find it equally annoying when people seem to assume fathers are not as important as mothers, and somehow have less right to their children. Why is it hard to believe his own biological children need to see him? Despite what Robyn and Kody may think of him or how they may portray him to the viewers of Sister Wives, David Jessup's children probably love him just because he is their dad, and unless he is abusive in some way, so they should. Children can also love an abusive parent - but hopefully that's not the case here.

How do you know if the transition into the Brown family was easy? All you see is what Robyn and Kody and TLC want you to see. Getting the kids to call Kody 'dad' is a crappy move if you ask me, and more about Robyn and Kody and their ideal of a big, happy family. Those kids have a dad, who is perfectly fine and loves them as far as we know.

I don't think she's related to the LeBarons (unless it is extremely distantly). Her grandfather Rulon Allred was murdered by the LeBarons.

Opps, my bad. :embarrassed: I should have finished reading the link before commenting. I'm rather surprised to read the her mother Annie is a LeBaron.

So a brother (Ervil LeBaron) of Christine’s maternal grandfather (Floren LeBaron) murdered her paternal grandfather (Rulon Allred) AND Christine’s maternal stepgrandfather (Owen Allred) is a brother of her paternal grandfather. By this standard the Browns aren't that messed up. :roll:

I find it equally annoying when people seem to assume fathers are not as important as mothers, and somehow have less right to their children. Why is it hard to believe his own biological children need to see him? Despite what Robyn and Kody may think of him or how they may portray him to the viewers of Sister Wives, David Jessup's children probably love him just because he is their dad, and unless he is abusive in some way, so they should. Children can also love an abusive parent - but hopefully that's not the case here.

How do you know if the transition into the Brown family was easy? All you see is what Robyn and Kody and TLC want you to see. Getting the kids to call Kody 'dad' is a crappy move if you ask me, and more about Robyn and Kody and their ideal of a big, happy family. Those kids have a dad, who is perfectly fine and loves them as far as we know.

Absolutely nowhere did I state a preference for one sex of parent over the other, so nice straw man there. Personally, my brother is a single dad and the only person I know who has been in a situation like this--I am grateful the mother is not in my nephew's life.

Like I said, if one parent is neglectful, abusive, or doesn't show interest in maintaining custody rights, they aren't fit. End of story.

What makes you think it was easy?

If Robyn's ex really wanted to, be could have created a lot of drama regarding custody rights. It would have been all over the show.

Absolutely nowhere did I state a preference for one sex of parent over the other, so nice straw man there. Personally, my brother is a single dad and the only person I know who has been in a situation like this--I am grateful the mother is not in my nephew's life.

Like I said, if one parent is neglectful, abusive, or doesn't show interest in maintaining custody rights, they aren't fit. End of story.

I am pretty sure AUB follows the same principles as other groups- when you divorce and the wife remarries, the kids become the children of the stepfather. I wonder if the Browns are going to try to test that concept in court? As stupid as they are, they are all about normalizing this religion.

Hey did Kody really divorce Meri to legally marry Robyn?? So what about the other 2 wives? Everything was going fine until he decided to do the show & marry Robyn. They had a nice set up until she came along. Wonder if any of the older kids blame her.

The ex has one power he never used, the power to GET THESE KIDS OFF THIS SHOW. For that first season, they were all over national TV when marrying into this bucket of fun, even poor Day-un's medical issues.

Maybe they really are trying to get complete custody -- adoption -- because of issues with filming?

Archived