IGNORED

Sister Wives: Kody the Idiot Divorces Meri to Marry Robyn

Eternalbluepearl

Why is the formatting on this thread so jacked up?

I think it's the post with all the 700 numbers separated by commas. I'd quote it, but I don't want to screw up this page too.

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think that the marriage would help Robyn with custody. Everything about the Brown's lifestyle is very public, so you wouldn't be able to fool the court into thinking that things have changed. If they were still closet polygamists, I could see this working though.

Honestly, I think the bottom line is that Kody just really WANTS to have Robyn be the "main wife". It's pretty clear that she is the favorite, and it's pretty clear the "spark" between Meri and Kody has gone out. Heck, it looks like Kody doesn't even get along well with any of them BESIDES Robyn anymore.

At this point, I think that Kody would like to just have Robyn as a wife, but he likes having the other women around because they make him feel special and important and better. If there were a way that he could just spend nights with Robyn but still be a polygamist, I think he would take it. Not to mention that Kody and Robyn are both SO clueless that they would never be able to function without the other women around.

Remember, not only is Mariah in college, but MERI has also gone back to school.

So she is probably getting more financial aid with her "single parent" status.

At this point I gave to wonder if Kody ever felt anything for Christine or Janelle or if he is just considers them to be interchangeable females that he needs to get to the Celestial Kingdom. What kind of "sealings" do the AUB do with these polygamous marriages? Do they have a temple somewhere where sealings are done or is it a DIY affair with the male priesthood holder?

At this point I gave to wonder if Kody ever felt anything for Christine or Janelle or if he is just considers them to be interchangeable females that he needs to get to the Celestial Kingdom. What kind of "sealings" do the AUB do with these polygamous marriages? Do they have a temple somewhere where sealings are done or is it a DIY affair with the male priesthood holder?

I'm not sure about the sealings but the AUB has a temple in Ozumba, Mexico and an endowment house in Bluffdale, Utah which seems to be some kind of substitute temple. Here's a blogger who attended an AUB service in Bluffdale

52weeks52churches.blogspot.com/2014/05/my-surreal-visit-to-apostolic-united.html

edited to add: Lehi where they used to live is just down the highway from Bluffdale (10 miles)

They're basically living out the plot of Big Love at this point. The divorce the first wife and legally marry one of the other ones happened on there too.

Yeah, Robyn is the only one with no children in collage and Meri is also going back to school. If more financial aid is the reason, why marry Robyn at all? They've all been "married" by their religion, just leave it at that. In a few years Robyn is also going to have kids in school. I think the oldest boy is 14.

Courtesy TMZ: "TLC's "Sister Wives" star Kody Brown has traded one wife for another ... TMZ has learned.

Polygamy is confusing so here's the deal. Kody claims to have 4 wives, but he's only legally allowed to marry one. He married Meri before meeting any of the other women, but we've learned he decided he no longer wanted her as the official wife.

So Kody quietly divorced Meri and then tied the knot with another sister wife -- Robyn, the youngest of the bunch.

Now you wanna hear a friendly divorce. Meri is still in the fold, and she's become one of the backup singers ... aka sister wives.

As for why Kody made the switch ... we're told he wants to bring Robyn's kids into the family, where they'll have more security."

Even though the Browns have always made me feel slightly skeevy, I was willing to at least try to see things from their POV.

idk why exactly, but this business of divorcing Meri and marrying Robyn has just put it over the top in skeeviness for me. Like I never want to watch this show again. It probably has something to do with the older wife being dumped for a young pretty trophy wife.

That just does it for me and Kody Brown. He's icky.

If he married Robyn to try to adopt her children, well, idk if I can continue trying to see things from their POV. They have a father, and unless he's some horrible person, I do not support taking his children from him. This has always bothered me but now... too much.

Good Lord, I would hope not ! :pink-shock: That would be pretty awful if somehow people considering buying a home were somehow entitled to know the specific lifestyle, religion, demographics of their prospective neighbors

The person buying the home can ask all they want, but the realtor can't divulge even if he/she knows. Crime rates yes, religion/race, no. If you're looking into buying in a neighborhood and want to get a feel for it ahead of time, it's up to you to cruise around at different times on different days, see if the neighbors are out, if they look friendly, maybe talk to them. I just want good neighbors, don't care if they're purple martians. BUT, I will say, I have checked out neighborhoods in my town in case we upgrade, and I've picked out certain streets that I would live on. Soley based on how festive and decorated the homes are at Christmas time:) I want Wally World.

I agree, and THAT might be disclosable. But only if the buyer asks about potential issues... Just like if someone died the house it's not automatically disclosable unless it's a murder.

I don't know about disclosing people's polygamous relationships, but I'd definitely want to know if a neighbor was actively filming a reality show. The traffic, noise, congestion and people could make living there a nightmare for those not involved.

I am officially fed up with this lying, scamming, hypocritical family. Divorce is divorce, no matter the reason. And no doubt the reason is to scam the system in one way or another. No wonder all the kids flee as soon as they finish high school.

Robyn better watch her back, too. Meri can hold a grudge.

I think it has to be for Robyn's benefit specifically, or else Janelle and Christine (especially Christine!) would never stand for it. If he were divorcing Meri all these years for her benefit, he should legally marry the next in line or none at all.

My god, did Kody really state that he wants to check out other plyg families to make sure they're not trainwrecks? :lol: The lack of self-awareness with these people is astounding.

I think it has to be for Robyn's benefit specifically, or else Janelle and Christine (especially Christine!) would never stand for it. If he were divorcing Meri all these years for her benefit, he should legally marry the next in line or none at all.

My god, did Kody really state that he wants to check out other plyg families to make sure they're not trainwrecks? :lol: The lack of self-awareness with these people is astounding.

Unless they're doing it to gain an edge of FAFSA forms for the older children (that belong to the first three wives).

Even though the Browns have always made me feel slightly skeevy, I was willing to at least try to see things from their POV.

idk why exactly, but this business of divorcing Meri and marrying Robyn has just put it over the top in skeeviness for me. Like I never want to watch this show again. It probably has something to do with the older wife being dumped for a young pretty trophy wife.

That just does it for me and Kody Brown. He's icky.

If he married Robyn to try to adopt her children, well, idk if I can continue trying to see things from their POV. They have a father, and unless he's some horrible person, I do not support taking his children from him. This has always bothered me but now... too much.

In my experience when people do a step-parent adoption it's because the biological parent has dropped out of the picture entirely. It's not a matter of " taking" them from him, because if he's active in the kids life and not an abusive monster --no court is going to terminate his rights. There's absolutely no cause. It tends to be more of a matter of tracking down the alternate biological parent, who may not have seen the kids in years and asking them if they will relinquish their rights ( which will also get them out of owing child support) . The biological parent can always say no.

I know that second parent adoptions are available, but my impression is that is more aimed at situations where there isn't an alternate parent -- father unknown or same sex couples. I would imagine it still makes the process easier if there is a known biological parent that signs away his/her rights if the adoptive parent is officially married to the custodial parent.

Just my two cents based on knowing a few people who went through the process.

As I think about the Sister Wives mess, I'm realizing why so many people react so violently towards polygamy. Polygamous societies as a whole tend to be authoritarian and undemocratic, and women are reduced to property. This is why many 19th century Americans were repelled by Mormon polygamy, which they regarded as a relic from a bygone era that needed to be banished along with slavery (I'm referring to the more progress elements, of course). The SW crew may not be living in a compound or marrying off twelve year old girls but the way the women are treated is still degrading. I don't think the original three wives would accept being jerked around like this if they didn't think their eternal salvation depended on that loser. Sure they could get a job or go to school, unlike women in the FLDS, but Kody has all the spiritual power as the priesthood holder. As long as they buy into this system, they are powerless. Free the Sister Wives *except for Robyn, who is probably crowing over her coup against Meri).

I'm not sure about the sealings but the AUB has a temple in Ozumba, Mexico and an endowment house in Bluffdale, Utah which seems to be some kind of substitute temple. Here's a blogger who attended an AUB service in Bluffdale

52weeks52churches.blogspot.com/2014/05/my-surreal-visit-to-apostolic-united.html

edited to add: Lehi where they used to live is just down the highway from Bluffdale (10 miles)

That blog is fascinating, thanks for sharing the link!

In my experience when people do a step-parent adoption it's because the biological parent has dropped out of the picture entirely. It's not a matter of " taking" them from him, because if he's active in the kids life and not an abusive monster --no court is going to terminate his rights. There's absolutely no cause. It tends to be more of a matter of tracking down the alternate biological parent, who may not have seen the kids in years and asking them if they will relinquish their rights ( which will also get them out of owing child support) . The biological parent can always say no.

I know that second parent adoptions are available, but my impression is that is more aimed at situations where there isn't an alternate parent -- father unknown or same sex couples. I would imagine it still makes the process easier if there is a known biological parent that signs away his/her rights if the adoptive parent is officially married to the custodial parent.

Just my two cents based on knowing a few people who went through the process.

I do know a lot about this subject, unfortunately. My impression from Robyn, from the show and from things I've read on the Internet, was that she wanted to replace the children's father with Kody.

I don't know how all this plays out in their religion, I don't know if the father is the same stripe or type of polyg, but I do realize that by moving out of state, Robyn pretty effectively shut down the father.

Maybe he had given up already? It really bothered me how Robyn was so insistent her children called Kody "Dad." They have a dad. Maybe he doesn't want to be on a TV show, maybe he had already checked out and this Brown/tv thing was the best shot she had at providing a stable life for her kids. I don't know for sure, I've never heard of any comments or anything from the father.

I really tried to see this lifestyle from their POV but no matter how I look at it, all the advantage is to the man and the women get the short shrift of it. I sure hope Meri was really okay with being legally divorced, and Janelle and Christine okay with Kody then legally marrying Robyn.

But I am done with these people. It just went somewhere that is too far out there for me.

I don't think these people give a sh*t about legal marriage. Their spiritual unions count, to them legal marriages are just an annoying "gem" of the secular world. If it's for the best of the family I can understand it. Meri will make sure that every other wife always knows that she's calling the tune. Always with a capital A.

I'm no expert but I think that fans of this show will feel that this latest move is a bridge too far. I don't care what the motivation, financial or religious, of this divorce/marriage was. It looks like Meri got dumped and the optics are very bad. I honestly don't give a fig about Kody and any of his wives but I do hope that there is much chewing of Tums and gnashing of teeth at TLC headquarters.

The person buying the home can ask all they want, but the realtor can't divulge even if he/she knows. Crime rates yes, religion/race, no. If you're looking into buying in a neighborhood and want to get a feel for it ahead of time, it's up to you to cruise around at different times on different days, see if the neighbors are out, if they look friendly, maybe talk to them. I just want good neighbors, don't care if they're purple martians. BUT, I will say, I have checked out neighborhoods in my town in case we upgrade, and I've picked out certain streets that I would live on. Soley based on how festive and decorated the homes are at Christmas time:) I want Wally World.

I've seen the cul-de-sac and it has a lovely view of mountains. It's near a big recreational complex and in a decent school district. LV is developing in that direction. It's not a bad location, by any means.

As I think about the Sister Wives mess, I'm realizing why so many people react so violently towards polygamy. Polygamous societies as a whole tend to be authoritarian and undemocratic, and women are reduced to property. This is why many 19th century Americans were repelled by Mormon polygamy, which they regarded as a relic from a bygone era that needed to be banished along with slavery (I'm referring to the more progress elements, of course). The SW crew may not be living in a compound or marrying off twelve year old girls but the way the women are treated is still degrading. I don't think the original three wives would accept being jerked around like this if they didn't think their eternal salvation depended on that loser. Sure they could get a job or go to school, unlike women in the FLDS, but Kody has all the spiritual power as the priesthood holder. As long as they buy into this system, they are powerless. Free the Sister Wives *except for Robyn, who is probably crowing over her coup against Meri).

I'm no expert but I think that fans of this show will feel that this latest move is a bridge too far. I don't care what the motivation, financial or religious, of this divorce/marriage was. It looks like Meri got dumped and the optics are very bad. I honestly don't give a fig about Kody and any of his wives but I do hope that there is much chewing of Tums and gnashing of teeth at TLC headquarters.

Unless it comes out that they had a very good reason.

Such as that Robyn's ex was abusive and they needed the legal marriage to terminate his rights and gain custody.

I can see people forgiving them if it turns out the motivation was more noble than financial.

I would also watch if it meant that Meri was actually leaving. THAT'S the season of SW I've been waiting for!

I do know a lot about this subject, unfortunately. My impression from Robyn, from the show and from things I've read on the Internet, was that she wanted to replace the children's father with Kody.

I don't know how all this plays out in their religion, I don't know if the father is the same stripe or type of polyg, but I do realize that by moving out of state, Robyn pretty effectively shut down the father.

Maybe he had given up already? It really bothered me how Robyn was so insistent her children called Kody "Dad." They have a dad. Maybe he doesn't want to be on a TV show, maybe he had already checked out and this Brown/tv thing was the best shot she had at providing a stable life for her kids. I don't know for sure, I've never heard of any comments or anything from the father.

I really tried to see this lifestyle from their POV but no matter how I look at it, all the advantage is to the man and the women get the short shrift of it. I sure hope Meri was really okay with being legally divorced, and Janelle and Christine okay with Kody then legally marrying Robyn.

But I am done with these people. It just went somewhere that is too far out there for me.

Bolding above is mine.

The father of Robyn's children is a polygamist, and a Jessup, although there were no additional wives during the marriage. I believe the children have visited their dad in the past as I seem to recall that being mentioned on the show, but I am not sure how active he is in their lives. Robyn certainly does not think highly of him, based on what she has said about her previous marriage and the conditions under which her family lived. I think I read somewhere that Dayton was actually named after his father, but post-divorce his name was switched to Dayton. If that is true, it seems that Robyn is trying hard to erase any reminders of the biological father of her first three children.

One thing I have to say for Kody is that he does seem completely vested in Robyn's children. They have also said that Kody "gets" Dayton, and that the two have a good relationship. Robyn said that he has made huge strides since she married Kody. Her two little girls have always seemed really happy to be part of the Brown family. Kody IS a....I don't know what, but he does seem to love all the children and tries to be a good dad, as he sees it. Of course, Robyn's kids may be much happier simply because their parents aren't fighting and their standard of living has increased so much, but Kody still gets some credit here.

I think the divorce benefits Meri and Mariah financially because of college expenses. Being legally married to Kody probably benefits Robyn, too. On paper it looks as if she is in a stable marital relationship instead of being the 4th "wife" of the Kodouche. Perhaps they plan to have Kody adopt her children? Maybe Robyn's first husband is giving up parental rights? This may all be part of a larger plan. I think Meri went along with it because she benefits and she really likes Robyn and is closer to her than to the other wives. Also, Kody and Meri were married for 20+ years so she is entitled to receive social security benefits under his name when the time comes. Meri has her freedom, college, a great house, shares in the financial windfall of the show... it's a win for her!

Archived