IGNORED

Sister Wives: Kody the Idiot Divorces Meri to Marry Robyn

Eternalbluepearl

Is it within the realm of possibility that Robyn's children could be given some say in where they live in the event of her death? Her oldest is 14. I know that in divorce situations children may have some input on custodial arrangements. Could that be an issue here if the bio dad is in a less stable situation? I remember Robyn mentioning that she had lived in a trailer without heat with her first husband, in Montana, and that she had never had a crib for her first three babies. If he remains in a similar situation, could the children decide they want to stay with Kody and the sister wives? Meri and Robyn are close and Meri has no children at home. She could be a full time step-mom and she and Kody could remarry, making their marriage legal again. The children could continue visiting their bio dad, as in the past.

Could this be the reason for the "restructuring" of the Brown family?

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robyn's ex's parents live in Vegas and see the kids regularly. The father was still seeing them as of 2014. I don't think if Robyn died Kody would get custody. My guess is he might get some visitation because of Solomon.

My guess is it is because of taxes benefits. Kody and Meri, 2 wage earners from TLC and no real deductions. Robyn has the most ongoing deductions for years to come. As much as Kody wants polygamy rights, he is the first to use the system to get the most dollars from the government.

Robyn's ex's parents live in Vegas and see the kids regularly. The father was still seeing them as of 2014. I don't think if Robyn died Kody would get custody. My guess is he might get some visitation because of Solomon.

My guess is it is because of taxes benefits. Kody and Meri, 2 wage earners from TLC and no real deductions. Robyn has the most ongoing deductions for years to come. As much as Kody wants polygamy rights, he is the first to use the system to get the most dollars from the government.

I think it's along those lines too. Also, people have (rightly) pointed out that Mariah wouldn't get any benefit in regards to education with divorced parents... but Meri likely would. You go from two wage earners with two family members in college to one wage earner with two family members in college. I imagine getting Kody off her FAFSA would do really pleasant things for Meri's financial aid.

Kody would keep Solomon because he is the father. Only Robyn's first three are the children of David Jessup.

The recent tweets of the Brown adults indicate that the "restructuring" will be explained on the show's next three episodes.

Edited to add: Oh, I reread your post and now I think you mean that because of Sol Kody would be able to visit the other three because they are all siblings. Sorry!

I don't watch Sister Wives but I've read enough of this thread to propose the following:

Sister Wives, the Crossover Season.

On the next episode: Meri plans her divorce from Kody. Will she get the title to the Wet Bar McMansion put in her name only? She and her lawyer discuss alimony expectations. Will she still sleep with Kody or sell the house on House Hunters and move into her daughter's dorm room? How will sour-faced daughter deal with Mama Bear moving in?

On this episode: Janelle and Christine discuss their new-found romantic feelings for each other and decide to move in together. Janelle sells her house to Kate Gosselin who advises her and Christine to sue Kody for child support. And for stealing their journals. Will they succeed against Kody?

In the finale: Robyn goes on SYTTD to choose her wedding gown. Will she cry as she picks a dress? Thanks to her demonstrated business acumen with My Sister Wives Closet Donald Trump has asked her to be on the next season of Celebrity Apprentice. Will this interfere with her honeymoon plans with Kody?

Stay tuned!

In the finale: Robyn goes on SYTTD to choose her wedding gown. Will she cry as she picks a dress? Thanks to her demonstrated business acumen with My Sister Wives Closet Donald Trump has asked her to be on the next season of Celebrity Apprentice. Will this interfere with her honeymoon plans with Kody?

:lol:

This will make me sound like a total dick, but I would love to see Robyn get chewed up by the folks on Celebrity Apprentice. Seriously, I am so sick of her manipulating the other wives into pretending to care about her stupid pet project.

I had the weirdest thing show up on my Facebook feed this morning. It was a completely fabricated story of how Kody was arrested and Janelle had a restraining order put on him. Complete with photos with a (fake) TMZ heading. The whole thing turns into this article talking about how the family has lost weight using some herbal supplement. Worked in with name of said supplement and Cody being bossy about them using it, but how amazingly well it works. So creepy and disturbing. So basically it was a completely sham "article" that was an ad for some random supplement! I don't even think it's even one of the products the Browns endorse. I couldn't figure out how to link it without linking to my fb page.

I had the weirdest thing show up on my Facebook feed this morning. It was a completely fabricated story of how Kody was arrested and Janelle had a restraining order put on him. Complete with photos with a (fake) TMZ heading. The whole thing turns into this article talking about how the family has lost weight using some herbal supplement. Worked in with name of said supplement and Cody being bossy about them using it, but how amazingly well it works. So creepy and disturbing. So basically it was a completely sham "article" that was an ad for some random supplement! I don't even think it's even one of the products the Browns endorse. I couldn't figure out how to link it without linking to my fb page.

One of my good friends became internet-famous (and even ended up on Good Morning America) after she documented her 80lb weight-loss journey on Reddit. This was a couple years ago, but to this day, shady companies use her photos to sell their products completely without her permission (she is talking to a lawyer to see if she can do anything).

But basically there are a lot of shady companies out there that will take public photos and use them in their adverts. It is very likely that the Browns aren't even aware that this company is doing this.

Can someone who watches this show do us a favor? Can you let us know what sort of demeanor that Meri and Kody have during the scene where she talks about seeing the lawyer? Things like body language, facial expressions, whether they hesitate before saying things, all that stuff. They probably know how to act (to a certain extent) for the cameras, but it could give us more of a clue as to what is going on as opposed to what they're telling us.

I can't fathom how this "family" deals with finances. I suspect they have a nonprofit corporation that owns their homes, the snake oil business, SWC, and probably although I hope not Janelle's businesses, and whatever else they are into, and Kody and the SWs get paid salaries. Janelle probably knew how to set this up and knows how to keep it going.

Otherwise, Nevade is a community property state, so Meri could if she wanted be entitled to half the assets, but also assume half the debts (mortages on the other houses if Kody is on the mortgage?) It all boggles my tiny and nonfinancially savvy mind.

The only other thing I can think of as a financial reason might be that Robyn's son had huge medical bills and maybe more of the same is in the cards, and seeing as how she lives in a half-million-dollar home, is part owner of SWC, and appears regularly on TV, she had a hard time qualifying for charity care for her son, and a legal marriage would get David/Dayton on Kody's insurance.

Really, though, I don't think it's about the kids, or about money. I suspect it's a psychological power play to put the much-disliked Christine in her place. Meri and Robyn are BFFs and Kody's favorites (like the professor said, one is the love wife and one is the sex wife), Janelle seems to be doing her own thing, and Christine has just become a thorn in everybody's side. Meri is the first love and will always be the "senior" wife, Robyn will be the hot number for the foreseeable future until Kody tires of her, and Janelle is the only one with a functioning brain and apparently the one who can keep the family financially afloat. If it wasn't apparent to her before, this move is the one that lets Christine know just how marginalized she really is. Raise the red lantern.

It's really interesting to see just how far Janelle's weight loss has come. She was much, much heavier when the show started. So was Christine.

Meri has gained a whole bunch of pounds, and Robyn's jaw has gotten much wider somehow.

Seriously what is up wither face? :think:

Patsymae ----I don't see how they could possibly have a non-profit set up for their income and expenses through their various businesses. Did you mean a family trust? Or simply that they are incorporated as a business?

No, Christine has the most deductions. She has 6 kids from 3ish-18.

Christine's the loser in the whole equation. I've been rooting for her and Janelle to leave together and take their kids with them. Janelle's got Kody's respect because she's the only one without an attitude and with a functioning brain. Christine, however, has always seemed like a really dedicated mom who just wants to provide her kids with a warm and cozy home and a present, attentive mother. She'd need a partner who respects her as an equal, who constantly shows her how much she's appreciated and loved and who has her back when she's weak. Unfortunately, she's got Kody who, when he got tired of her, needed to show her that he's the boss since he's got a peness and when she literally begs him to have her back, treats her like a stubborn child and puts her in her place by saying she's "hormonal or pms-ing". The other wives hate her because by her behavior, she frequently makes the dysfunctions in the family visible to everyone. If she'd just shut up and be quite and play by the rules the others could pretend that everything is daisies and unicorns.

Kody's obviously not into Christine anymore while there's at least one thing why he appreciates the other wives. Sadly, Christine's the one to dig the lifestyle the most and therefore the most unlikely to leave. She's subordinating herself and her kids to the abuse instead.

Patsymae ----I don't see how they could possibly have a non-profit set up for their income and expenses through their various businesses. Did you mean a family trust? Or simply that they are incorporated as a business?

No, I didn't mean a family trust or that they are simply incorporated as a business, although those are also possibilities. I meant a nonprofit. They are relatively easy to set up--just have to structure it so that no individual receives dividends or owns shares; you can make as much profit as you want and pay yourselves whatever salaries you want. That would seem to me to be the way they would keep any one person in their clusterf*$k from owning assets in their own name, and it keeps everyone dependent on the goodwill of the others. But I'm just speculating. No idea what they are really doing.

No, I didn't mean a family trust or that they are simply incorporated as a business, although those are also possibilities. I meant a nonprofit. They are relatively easy to set up--just have to structure it so that no individual receives dividends or owns shares; you can make as much profit as you want and pay yourselves whatever salaries you want. That would seem to me to be the way they would keep any one person in their clusterf*$k from owning assets in their own name, and it keeps everyone dependent on the goodwill of the others. But I'm just speculating. No idea what they are really doing.

Nonprofits have to file annual 990 forms that are public record. You could look the Brown family's NFP status up if you really want to know.

A lot of the reality TV families incorporate, and it looks like that's what the Brown family has done. TLC may even advise or require incorporation because then they can cut a single check to the X Family, Inc.

No, non-profits have to have a charitable purpose. If they set one up the way you are suggesting they could go to prison. There is also a metric ton of paperwork that has to be filed in order to prove you are a legitimate non-profit, an annual audit at their income level and on and on. There is a simplified format for small groups like, for example, school fundraising groups. But no. You just can't just decide to be a non-profit and throw all your money and assets in a pot and not pay taxes. That is not how it works.

The ratings for this show have really fallen off. This past Sunday was no exception. The nine o'clock hour was 1.330 and the ten o'clock hour was 1.187. The numbers are down and one has to wonder what will happen if they fall below one million. Also, what will happen to he Brown family on the day they learn they are cancelled. That's the show I want to see.

No, non-profits have to have a charitable purpose. If they set one up the way you are suggesting they could go to prison. There is also a metric ton of paperwork that has to be filed in order to prove you are a legitimate non-profit, an annual audit at their income level and on and on. There is a simplified format for small groups like, for example, school fundraising groups. But no. You just can't just decide to be a non-profit and throw all your money and assets in a pot and not pay taxes. That is not how it works.

No, they don't. But I don't feel like arguing about it. Believe what you want. I'm just speculating about the Browns anyway.

501c3s are not as easy to establish as you seem to think. You actually have to have a reason to receive the status. The IRS has to approve your organization as a public charity to receive the status. The forms are like 30 pages long and you have to justify your reason to exist to get the status.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p4220.pdf

I don't mean to be rude, but you have no idea what you are talking about. I work in the nonprofit sector. It'cannot be used by a family as a tax dodge. Please read the irs publication before you embarrass yourself some where else.

You are likely referring to a trust, not a 501c3 nonprofit. The only legally exempt organizations in the us fall under the tax code section 501. There are several 501 type but the most common is the 591c3. Others are for political organizations, philanthropic foundations and operating foundations and lobbyists.

Now this is just my opinion, but I think that Kody fell madly in love for the first time with Robyn and realized why people choose monogamy and just wants to be with her now. He loved the other wives in their own way, but he wasn't in love with them, and over time they increasingly became an obligation and so did their kids. Any way Kody chooses to spin it, I think he married Robyn legally because he wants to and is in love with her. There is no reason to legally marry Robyn over the other 3. Christine has just as many dependents to claim and her Truely needs health insurance the most. Robyn's first three kids have their own father and Dayton is what, 16 now, they don't need to be legally adopted. I won't be surprised if after the show is over the other 3 kind of flitter away and Robyn is left as the only wife until Kody wants some new action.

I found it very telling that Christine has said on several occasions that she felt like Kody was spending too much time with Robyn and her kids and they felt neglected. Kody probably wishes he could just spend all his time with Robyn and her kids but still feels obligated to visit the other wives and kids. Also very telling is how Janelle's sons are screaming out for male attention and seem so frustrated. I wonder how the original 13 kids feel about Sobyn Robyn now? None of Janelle's kids appear to like Kody all that much. I am happy that most of the kids don't look like they are going the polygamous route, but no wonder with Kody as their leader. Kody seems about as selfish as they come.

The original 3 probably regret the day they brought Robyn into the fold. Personally I think Kody was the one who saw Robyn and thought she was attractive and made Meri act like it was all her idea. One last comment, if they try to say Kody married Robyn for insurance purposes or to adopt her kids I may scream. Why isn't Robyn capable of getting a real job and providing her kids with decent health insurance? She seems perfectly capable of holding down a real job to me. And her kids have their own father, it is so wrong to try and turn someone's kids against them just so their new spouse can feel like their real dad. Kody already has 14 bio kids he for the most part ignores, he doesn't need to take another man's kids too. I hope their little plan backfires big time. Robyn seems like a conniving, lying, vengeful ex and I wouldn't trust her word at all.

No, they don't. But I don't feel like arguing about it. Believe what you want. I'm just speculating about the Browns anyway.

Please read Nelliebellies very informative post. That's cute that you " don't feel like arguing about it" but it is irritating as hell when people spread this kind of misinformation. Non- profits have a hard enough time raising money, providing vital services and dealing with an ever increasing mountain of regulations to prove they actually do what they say they will do . They sure as hell don't need, or deserve, these kind of flippant " OMG, it's soo easy, anyone can be a non-profit!" garbage. People hear this crap 4 th hand and think charities are suspect - because hey, anyone can do it. :roll: And yeah, I'll believe what I want, having worked in the non-profit world most of my adult life. Including in positions having to actually deal with that mountain of paper.

Please read Nelliebellies very informative post. That's cute that you " don't feel like arguing about it" but it is irritating as hell when people spread this kind of misinformation. Non- profits have a hard enough time raising money, providing vital services and dealing with an ever increasing mountain of regulations to prove they actually do what they say they will do . They sure as hell don't need, or deserve, these kind of flippant " OMG, it's soo easy, anyone can be a non-profit!" garbage. People hear this crap 4 th hand and think charities are suspect - because hey, anyone can do it. :roll: And yeah, I'll believe what I want, having worked in the non-profit world most of my adult life. Including in positions having to actually deal with that mountain of paper.

Not all nonprofits are charitable organizations. differencebetween.com/difference-between-charity-and-vs-non-profit/

And any charitable organization that can't get funds because of my post in a thread in this forum is probably run by twits in the first place. For that matter, any crook-and IMO that includes the Browns- can set up even a "charity" and milk it. I've worked for them.

Now can we go back to talking about the Browns? I'm looking forward to their explanation.

Archived