IGNORED

Sister Wives: Kody the Idiot Divorces Meri to Marry Robyn

Eternalbluepearl

By now I think it's pretty safe to say they ruined their family by adding Robyn to the clan and building 4 separate houses.

I'm actually with what Christine said in last Sunday's episode. They once were a family, reaping the fruits of their closeness and faith in each other. Now they're 4 different families sharing a dad, and 4 very different women sharing a testy penis-owner.

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if the addition of Robyn would have occurred without the show. It certainly wouldn't be the first time a disastrous relationship was engineered for the cameras. Was it ever explained how Kody and Robyn met?

I wonder if the addition of Robyn would have occurred without the show. It certainly wouldn't be the first time a disastrous relationship was engineered for the cameras. Was it ever explained how Kody and Robyn met?

I think it was explained in season 1. As far as I remember, they met at a party of some description, Meri engineered the actual introductions and suggested Robyn as an additional wife. It wasn't shown on the show, just explained. That makes me think that TLC chose the Browns, because an already existing courtship would make for an interesting storyline.

But I'm with you in wondering if they'd had gone through with it, if the cameras hadn't been present. I seem to remember that their financial situation was pretty dire, so adding an unemployed wife with debts and children, in the absence of TLC money, might have influenced their decision.

Oddly, I think the Kody-Robyn relationship is the least disastrous. Don't get me wrong, I don't think they're functional. They're two self-centred teens who are currently smitten with each other, because the other "gets them". They both want to live a polygamy fantasy life, which makes everyone else the problem, while they're keeping it together.

It's a contrast to the way I see Kody and Christine interact. They're always tense in one way or another, and I get the feeling that he doesn't like her. He doesn't even try. With Robyn, during the THs, you sometimes see him put a hand on her knee or another sign of affection. Not with Christine. And even when he hugged her in the last episode, when the two girls were moving out, he struck me as impatient.

With Meri, I see him as chummy. They're mates. I get the feeling that now that she's finally said "no more babies", he isn't all that into her any more. Like an investment that hasn't paid off, but he still likes her. She likes him, but she's resigned and makes the best of it.

Janelle and Kody, I see as being all about business. They strike me as conducting their relationship in a very professional way with friendly undertones. I tend to think that he likes that she doesn't demand much attention, unlike Christine, and has had six children (five more than Meri). Plus, she brings in money, and only very rarely disrupts the "Everyone look at Kody"-show. My speculation is that if it weren't about eternal rewards for her, Janelle might very well leave. On the other hand, I also get the vibe from her that she's insecure, and sticks with it on the assumption that no other romantic partner would ever want her.

YMMV, these are just my impressions of what I see on the screen. Oh, and I don't buy the whole "we used to be such a happy family" thing. In their book, and on the show, they talked enough about how much tension there used to be, jealousies and so on. If anything, bringing in Robyn has aggravated pre-existing conditions.

The original wives had found a way to get along with each other, and tell themselves that "this makes everyone of us better". Robyn's arrival shone the spotlight on the cracks. Especially with her whole spiel about how her dad and her mum were like on a honeymoon, every time her dad spent the night with her mum, and how that was what she envisioned. I bet that is Kody's vision as well, but the other three had been living and dealing with the circumstances and each other for so long, to know that it wasn't feasible.

Sorry about another armchair-psychologist's ramble.

The "kids don't need to be polygamists" schtick is a fib, IMHO. I think Kody and the wives want their children to be polygamists. That said, they're not controlling, and I think - especially Janelle and Kody - are content with their kids choosing their own way.

I think Robyn and Christine are both far, far more into the kool-aid. Christine has made a few comments about her religion that make it seem like she's not as flexible as she tries to appear. With Robyn, she's childish and not particularly bright, and doesn't seem capable of looking at her own religion with more than a superficial lens.

Personally, I've always felt that Meri really pressured everyone to bring Robyn in way more than we saw. I think Meri wanted an additional wife because she doesn't get along with Janelle and she was only so-so with Christine (who was always much closer to Janelle). I think Meri felt outnumbered, and wanted to bring in someone else to even things up. Plus, I think she wanted to be in Kody's good graces for being the one to push a new, beautiful wife into the family.

Also, I don't think Meri worries about finances as much as the others. Because they split resources evenly, her and Mariah have more to go around, so I don't think she's as concerned as the women who have to make it work for 6 kids. I mean, she should worry more about money, but I don't think the reality hits her as hard.

The "kids don't need to be polygamists" schtick is a fib, IMHO. I think Kody and the wives want their children to be polygamists. That said, they're not controlling, and I think - especially Janelle and Kody - are content with their kids choosing their own way.

I think Robyn and Christine are both far, far more into the kool-aid. Christine has made a few comments about her religion that make it seem like she's not as flexible as she tries to appear. With Robyn, she's childish and not particularly bright, and doesn't seem capable of looking at her own religion with more than a superficial lens.

I agree. I think they only say it is the kids' choice as a preemptive measure because they know the kids will, for the most part, not be polygamists. And it's easier to pretend they're fine with them choosing their own lifestyle.

I really think Janelle herself does not believe in polygamy and is still just trying to convince herself that she does for her sanity's sake, and to keep her family together. Honestly, she seems too intelligent for that family. And she does not seem at all amused by Kody's immature antics. Wish she'd pack up and leave.

Kody is utterly obnoxious about sex and relationships, especially with his poor daughters. I get so sick of fathers giving their ADULT DAUGHTERS lectures about what they should do with their bodies. He gets to have sex with four different women whenever he wants and has the nerve to act like his daughters need a sitdown lesson about how their "hormones go into their mouths when they kiss." For people living an "alternative lifestyle," it is amazing how judgmental and closed minded they are.

My speculation is that if it weren't about eternal rewards for her, Janelle might very well leave. On the other hand, I also get the vibe from her that she's insecure, and sticks with it on the assumption that no other romantic partner would ever want her.

See, that's what I wonder about Janelle. How much does she really believe in polygamy? Unlike the rest of the wives, she wasn't raised in polygamy. She chose to become a polygamist.

The fact that both Kody and Janelle used to be LDS makes me think that it wouldn't upset them too much if their kids were not polygamous, while I think Christine would have a much harder time with it since she was raised to believe polygamy is required. Robyn seems to really want the kids to stay in polygamy as well, and I'm not really sure about Meri.

Of course I think they all want the kids to stay with their church, but I think some feel more strongly about that than others.

I often wonder if Kody is different when he's around Janelle without the cameras and other wives. She seems to not buy into/want the schtick that he puts in for the cameras and other wives. I also wonder if polygamy actually gave her the ability to pursue a career in a way that would have been looked down upon in the mainstream Mormon church. (ETA - I hope that's not an offensive statement...I live in an area with few Mormons and have a really limited understanding of the mainstream teachings, but I thought it was important for women to stay at home after babies.) Plus she's never going to leave Kody....her mother converted to their faith and married Kody's dad at some point after K+J got together.

I'm indifferent on Meri. In a weird way I appreciate her because she seems the least scripted/softened for television.

I think Robyn jumped on a gravy train and I have a feeling that SHE wouldn't have married into the family but for TLC, not the other way around. I don't know how much she is enamored with Kody vs. how well she plays and manipulates him. (It's a little curious that she only has one child with Kody, right?)

And I just feel bad for Christine. She strikes me as the polygamy cheerleader and the one who wholeheartedly believes in their family. I wonder if she views Robyn as her "fault", so to speak. In one of the early episodes the wives all talked about how Christine had a miscarriage before her last baby and I'm pretty sure the one born at the beginning of the series was meant to be her last. She may have been done having children before Kody, ergo new wife for the family.

Welp, it has come out that Kody officially divorced Meri and has married Robyn. You can look it up yourself if you go to the Clark County Nevada Recorder's website. I'm sure this is a move to somehow game the system but damn, I wonder how Meri is taking this now that she is no longer the "official" wife. Funny how they conveniently left this out of the TV show....

Welp, it has come out that Kody officially divorced Meri and has married Robyn. You can look it up yourself if you go to the Clark County Nevada Recorder's website. I'm sure this is a move to somehow game the system but damn, I wonder how Meri is taking this now that she is no longer the "official" wife. Funny how they conveniently left this out of the TV show....

woah, seriously? that's huge!

I know CJ verified it by going to the county court records website & checking it out (she has screen caps of the docs on her FB page) but is this being reported anywhere else? Looking for more news on this..............

I'm confused, why on earth would he do this? Are he and Meri on the outs?

I know CJ verified it by going to the county court records website & checking it out (she has screen caps of the docs on her FB page) but is this being reported anywhere else? Looking for more news on this..............

You mean Cynical Jinx? I'm not seeing it on her FB.

Divorce was filed on 9/12/14, fee paid by meri, and it was official on 9/25/14.

He married Robyn on 12/5/14.

Source: I googled Clark county public records and typed his name in the search for marriage and divorce records.

You mean Cynical Jinx? I'm not seeing it on her FB.

It was on Welcome to CJ's Living Room, posted 58 mins ago. Second one down (that listing of plyg- themed books keeps popping up as her most recent post for me)

Edited to add- CJ just added it to her blog- cynicaljinxwelcome.blogspot

There must be a convenient (financial) reason for it? Maybe because Meri has no minor children now - could there be a tax benefit somehow for Robyn and Kody being together vs. Meri? Or something with their business if it was under Robyn's name? Anyone with any professional experience in this field have any ideas?

Very interesting...I guess it is possible they really split up, but I still doubt it.

There must be a convenient (financial) reason for it? Maybe because Meri has no minor children now - could there be a tax benefit somehow for Robyn and Kody being together vs. Meri? Or something with their business if it was under Robyn's name? Anyone with any professional experience in this field have any ideas?

Very interesting...I guess it is possible they really split up, but I still doubt it.

Maybe Mariah gets more financial aid for her private college with her parents divorced?

The only thing I can think of is if Mary is trying to get financial aid for going back to school, or if that way they can just count one of their incomes for Mariah for school - probably Kody's as he could claim lots of dependents.

Or possibly if Robyn is having a custody battle with her kids dad? Maybe being the legal wife. Would be an advantage?

Really it's hard to think of anything that would be a significant financial advantage for anyone.

Maybe Mariah gets more financial aid for her private college with her parents divorced?

Hm, that is possible. I know in some states, even if your parents are separated, you can choose which parents' income to use. I know someone whose parents were not divorced but had been separated for several years and they got a large amount of financial aid by choosing to use the parent with a dramatically lower income.

But even then - it really does seem weird. I mean, there are a lot of kids in that house who will be going to college...so why only Meri's daughter? Especially when Meri has a lot more money per child than the other moms as it is. I would think, of all the kids, she wouldn't necessarily be the first one to take dramatic efforts to get extra money for education.

Hm, that is possible. I know in some states, even if your parents are separated, you can choose which parents' income to use. I know someone whose parents were not divorced but had been separated for several years and they got a large amount of financial aid by choosing to use the parent with a dramatically lower income.

But even then - it really does seem weird. I mean, there are a lot of kids in that house who will be going to college...so why only Meri's daughter? Especially when Meri has a lot more money per child than the other moms as it is. I would think, of all the kids, she wouldn't necessarily be the first one to take dramatic efforts to get extra money for education.

Because she's the only child whose married parents income would only include one dependent.

Wow! What a trip. It is starting to come out in news sites.

http://www.examiner.com/article/sister- ... ried-robyn

So they filmed part of last season while this transpired? I wonder what they are going to say? If Meri is no longer a sister wife them that would be really deceptive. Maybe she just got a demotion? Gah! Are they the types that would explain something like this or just stay quiet?

So much for one big happy family. Does Meri get alimony? What happens to her house? Is it in her name only, hers and Kodouche, what? Can she sell the monstrosity and pocket the difference? And what will happen to the jewelry line? :popcorn2: :stir-pot: :violin:

Archived