IGNORED

Lina Is Back!

longskirts

I'm not completely familiar with Lina. Is she the one that wants to be a SAHD, but her parents want her to stop being faux Jewish, go to school and get a job?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, actually a person we believe to be Jessica posted a really nasty comment on my blog, about how ugly I am inside and out, just like a tree. And that my poor husband and children are mistreated by me. On a blog where I really don't insult people, on a blog that had not been updated in a year and on post to my son on turning 10 years old.

She used the name latisha sawyers

That. Is hilarious. Not that she insulted you, but that she took on such a nonsensical... identity. Does the name Latisha mean anything, or is it just a random name she picked? So glad to know the whole story behind that! :lol:

She wrote that her husband will only be able to touch her after they've been married and she's been to the mikvah. This is confusing - will she just be able to get an appointment at the mikvah without even being Jewish? Don't they check religious affiliation? Or is she just going to jump into a pond and call it a mikvah?

Before The Great Flounce, she had a post about having a DIY mikvah at her local public pool. I swear you couldn't make up the level of their crassness.

Guest Anonymous

Torah believing xtians burn my toast. Ya just can't be both.And good luck on Mivaot Lina, the balanit won't let you get inside the door. Although i gotta say the woman has chutzpah.

"Anthony, my righteous husband-to-be, was the one who brought this topic up first. His desire to do Hashem's will, no matter how hard the circumstances, inspires me. I'm the one who usually comes up with all sorts of rationalizations and justifications for why we shouldn't progress forward, especially if it involves a sacrifice on our part. Baruch Hashem, the Almighty paired me with a man who challenges me to always strive to do better and to do it for the right reasons." From Aug 24 post, emphasis mine.

So her better judgment is sometimes telling her "no" or "stop, don't move forward" but she is following his direction. Someone should send her The Gift of Fear Baruch my ass.

AUGH!! she says things might be weird to those "outside our faith." EVERYONE is outside their faith except the two of them.

Yep, yep, yep. Quoted for truth.

I can't say I'm surprised. Hers is one of the blogs I followed more and I was frustrated not to know how things were developing between her and Anthony.

I haven't had time to look at all her past entries closely, but I'm puzzled by a few things: so are her parents ok with the marriage, considering they always seemed worried and frustrated about her? Also, there are fewer and fewer references to Christianity, even in the "Yehoshua" form, yet she keeps pulling out that Christian-fundy type "submission" and "helpmeet" nonsense, and at this stage I suppose it's totally pointless to indicate that it's not a Jewish concept.

Oh, and even if you want to be a really skilled, "joyful" housewife I don't see how it's not compatible with studying or working. The whole "I can't waste time on college because learning to be a homemaker is more work than a Harvard Phd" that many SAHDs seems to translate as "I'm too lazy to study or consider a career."

"The fact that Hashem brought us, two halves of a whole, together, out of the vast sea of people that are on this planet, is a miracle in and of itself. We are so perfectly suited for each other despite the differences that make us unique."

I hate when people refer to themselves as half. If you're only coming to a relationship with half of yourself, you're missing something. Marriage is the joining of two whole people, no?

If there is any topic that gets me worked up it is feminism. It is because of feminism that women can read this list on how to be a good wife and laugh out loud, ridiculing each point.

Wait... so she blogs to convert other women to her lifestyle (isn't it what most fundy blogs are for?) but then she wishes women were not able to read? I think I'm having a brain freeze.

Just like me. Look away!

I think trees are very beautiful. Whenever I take a walk in the forest (not so much nowadays since I live in the big city) I take hundreds of photos of trees. :) Oh and think of all the trees with their colorful leaves now in the fall. That's just so beautiful.

And oh, Lord, she's using the Artscroll "Women's Siddur." I can't even begin to list the things that are absurd about that book, I'll let this person do it for me. I can't even begin to assimilate the insanity of someone who says she wants an Orthodox conversion and is using Artscroll for all of her davening needs but insists that the New Testament is true and Jesus is the messiah, that she and her husband are shomer negiah (BTW, Lina, it means you don't touch any man outside of immediate family, not just your boyfriend) and that they're "Torah Observant." Ugh.

Ahem. Chanukah, baruch Hashem!

:roll:

Yeah, Lina would NEVER celebrate the pagan atrocity that is Christmas.

I am actually kind of surprised Lina is back, because she kept away for such a long time and because I believe TT had something to do with her putting the blog on lockdown in the first place and I'm surprised he changed his mind.

Even though her blog is open again, I'm resisting the urge to go back and read it, because I know I'm going to get sucked in and driven crazy because Lina drives me crazy what with her major lack of respect for a religion she claims to want to be part of.

Guest Anonymous
She wrote that her husband will only be able to touch her after they've been married and she's been to the mikvah. This is confusing - will she just be able to get an appointment at the mikvah without even being Jewish? Don't they check religious affiliation? Or is she just going to jump into a pond and call it a mikvah?

I would think so! I mean, it'd be pretty obvious. In my personal experience, I go to a conservative one (where the mikveh lady KNOWS me because she was there the day of my conversion!) , but my Orthodox friend keeps saying "come to mine come to mine" and I don't think it'd fly. I've got tattoos, and it'd.... it'd get ugly probably. While I AM Jewish, like, for real, not some fauxJewmessianichotmess, some folks get cranky about observance levels.

I think that's what rankles at me about her the most. I studied for years, I worked my butt off and she's.... she's playing at it and it upsets me.

Yeah, Lina would NEVER celebrate the pagan atrocity that is Christmas.

I am actually kind of surprised Lina is back, because she kept away for such a long time and because I believe TT had something to do with her putting the blog on lockdown in the first place and I'm surprised he changed his mind.

Even though her blog is open again, I'm resisting the urge to go back and read it, because I know I'm going to get sucked in and driven crazy because Lina drives me crazy what with her major lack of respect for a religion she claims to want to be part of.

That's why I can't read her and don't. I only knew who she was through discussions here. My one or two ventures over to her blog made my brain hurt. She has zero respect for Christianity and even less for Judaism. Niether is exactly as she wants them to be so she rides the fence and makes her own religion.

Cool. Really. Take what you need from where you find it and make your faith work for you. Do not, however, claim to be Jewish while ignoring a major aspect of the Jewish faith. If you believe in Jesus Christ as your savior, you are NOT Jewish. No matter how many of their traditions you attempt to incorporate into your new religion and life.

I can't imagine any actual practicing, believing Jew giving any respect to the fakes like Lina. Not unless they're playing along trying to get her to convert completely.

This newest entry just makes me think of how fundies are always confusing everything. They confuse the Bible with the Constitution with some idealized lifestyle from a particular period in history. Even if you believe in wifely submission to husbands, what makes the 1950s such a special time? Oh, right, they occurred right before the world went to hell in a handbasket with that evil and godless feminist movement. :roll:

And I just noticed the little side logo thingy: "bread baking, laundry folding, bathroom scrubbing, outfit-sewing, Bible-believing!"

I think I must be reading a different Bible.

I would think so! I mean, it'd be pretty obvious. In my personal experience, I go to a conservative one (where the mikveh lady KNOWS me because she was there the day of my conversion!) , but my Orthodox friend keeps saying "come to mine come to mine" and I don't think it'd fly. I've got tattoos, and it'd.... it'd get ugly probably. While I AM Jewish, like, for real, not some fauxJewmessianichotmess, some folks get cranky about observance levels.

I think that's what rankles at me about her the most. I studied for years, I worked my butt off and she's.... she's playing at it and it upsets me.

Yeah, unfortunately I don't think Orthos would be cool about letting you into their mikveh because, IIRC, you had a Reform conversion, and they wouldn't consider you Jewish. Ugh, Orthos drive me crazy a lot of the time.

Yeah. I think that's why drives me crazy the most. Real converts to Judaism have to go though such an extended process and work hard to be Jews and have to meet the requirements of the community, but since she doesn't understand the religion she is trying to convert to, she thinks she can just wake up one day and be Jewish.

Torah believing xtians burn my toast. Ya just can't be both.And good luck on Mivaot Lina, the balanit won't let you get inside the door. Although i gotta say the woman has chutzpah.

And what amuses me is that the so called Torah observance is LARP in the fiddler on the roof world. :mrgreen: There IS a significant difference between being a Frum Yid and being Christian both culturally and religiously. And Lina is insulting both religions in the process of being whatever the hell she is.

That's why I can't read her and don't. I only knew who she was through discussions here. My one or two ventures over to her blog made my brain hurt. She has zero respect for Christianity and even less for Judaism. Niether is exactly as she wants them to be so she rides the fence and makes her own religion.

Cool. Really. Take what you need from where you find it and make your faith work for you. Do not, however, claim to be Jewish while ignoring a major aspect of the Jewish faith. If you believe in Jesus Christ as your savior, you are NOT Jewish. No matter how many of their traditions you attempt to incorporate into your new religion and life.

I can't imagine any actual practicing, believing Jew giving any respect to the fakes like Lina. Not unless they're playing along trying to get her to convert completely.

I can't imagine any practicing, believing Jew trying to get Lina to convert completely, because wanting people to convert is inconsistent with Jewish beliefs. Welcoming converts who understand what Judaism is and want to be Jewish is one thing, but since Jews don't think that anybody will suffer eternal damnation for not being Jewish, we're not big on begging people to be Jewish.

I think the expression "playing at it" really fits what she's doing - picking this, choosing that, ignoring THE MAIN THING that you can't be Jewish and believe Jesus is the Messiah. If she's serious, why oh why doesn't she take classes and get a proper conversion? It's just weird.

I think the expression "playing at it" really fits what she's doing - picking this, choosing that, ignoring THE MAIN THING that you can't be Jewish and believe Jesus is the Messiah. If she's serious, why oh why doesn't she take classes and get a proper conversion? It's just weird.

Would it be wrong to warn the orthodox community/beit din in her area about her? Because with the climate conversions are in today, I wouldn't want her and Anthony to mess it up for all of those who are sincerely trying to convert. It wouldn't be lashon hara (gossip that is true but used negatively so to speak) right?

Would it be wrong to warn the orthodox community/beit din in her area about her? Because with the climate conversions are in today, I wouldn't want her and Anthony to mess it up for all of those who are sincerely trying to convert. It wouldn't be lashon hara (gossip that is true but used negatively so to speak) right?

Totally unnecessary - Lina and TT are incredibly self-absorbed, and I doubt they'll actually engage with the Orthodox community in their area because they're so into being special and different from others.

If you believe in Jesus Christ as your savior, you are NOT Jewish. No matter how many of their traditions you attempt to incorporate into your new religion and life.

Why? I've never discussed this with my Jewish friends because it's never come up, but we don't discuss religion much because none of us are super observant in any of our religious beliefs. But -- yeah. Why? I know that Jews, as a rule, don't believe that Jesus was the Messiah, but is that such a fundamental tenant of the religion that you simply cannot be Jewish if you believe differently? I don't want to offend here, but I guess I'm curious because there are all sorts of tenants of Christianity that I either don't believe or I'm very skeptical about, yet I sort of vaguely consider myself Christian (although others would not consider me so, but I tend to feel like those are the types of Christians I don't need to be friends with as a rule).

In a post from May she linked to that video clip we snarked on - the one with the lady who left a (promising?) career as a physician to be a "keeper-at-home."

Why? I've never discussed this with my Jewish friends because it's never come up, but we don't discuss religion much because none of us are super observant in any of our religious beliefs. But -- yeah. Why? I know that Jews, as a rule, don't believe that Jesus was the Messiah, but is that such a fundamental tenant of the religion that you simply cannot be Jewish if you believe differently? I don't want to offend here, but I guess I'm curious because there are all sorts of tenants of Christianity that I either don't believe or I'm very skeptical about, yet I sort of vaguely consider myself Christian (although others would not consider me so, but I tend to feel like those are the types of Christians I don't need to be friends with as a rule).

Here is an article from Aish about why Jews don't/can't believe in Jesus as the Jewish messiah: wwwDOTaish.com/jw/s/48892792.html

Take it with a grain of salt because Aish is VERY orthodox and can be annoying, but there are some good arguments in that article.

EDIT to break the link....I hope. I'm not very good at it.

Archived