IGNORED

Caroling/Maxhell Christmas - MERGE

justakitten

They got their pics from the concert up. Same girl that was helping at the nursing home. Me thinks John is a'courtin!

God I hope not, she looks so happy right now.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I realised something today. I've made an idol out of anna Marie's hair...its gorgeous!! And John. Sigh john !! I'd pray with him anytime and we'd pray together until he was exulting oh god! At the top

Of his lungs. Wait ...is that praying?

I'm pretty sure one of the girls from the Dec. 16 'Bringing Christmas Cheer' post (the one with the curly hair) was also pictured in their post about the Wichita conference back in November.

post-1444-14451999777051_thumb.jpg

Uh, yeah, unless she has an evil twin, it's the same girl. So she was at their Wichita conference, and now she's helping with their concerts in Leavenworth. I had to google map the distance because I don't know Kansas. Apparently they're about 3 hours away? Interesting.

I will say that there is a girl pictured in several of Joseph and Elissa's wedding photos who looks quite a bit like her - but I can't say for sure it's her.

post-1444-1445199977726_thumb.jpg

There isn't really a frontal view of her face, so it's hard to say. That's as far back as I looked, anyway.

If it's that bad, they could do what my sister-in-law does - for really messy stuff, my nephew (age 2.5) eats in just a diaper. Saves washing all those bibs, anyway. :lol: We did put a shower curtain under the kid's high chair when he was small, but that was mostly because some nitwit thought our kitchen/dining room should be carpeted. :roll: Carpeted kitchens are wrong for so many reasons.

Heh. Your sister in law is similar to my mom.

What, it's hot outside? The kid is going to eat and make a mess, or play and make a mess, or do [whatever] and make a mess? Fine then, diaper (or shorts, later) and a sun hat it is! No need for other clothes it just makes more laundry!

I also hear ya on the carpeted kitchens (or BATHROOMS, which tend to coexist in the same apartments, always built in the 1970's, oh yes). What were people thinking?

To me, she looks a lot like R-Anna in the face (albeit rounder), especially in the side view pic where's she's in the blue shirt and taupe scarf.

On another note, if John is indeed courting, that will make the divide between the unmarried girls and the married boys look even larger. Well, I guess Stevie is okay with receiving criticism for it by now. :roll:

I looked up the property records in Leavenworth and he doesn't own anything. I even looked up some of the neighbouring counties and came up with nothing. I think I've reached the limit of my sleuthing skills and someone else is going to have to take over. :lol:

I was going to quickly write up Sarah's Theme (and all the SAHDs and Ardnt brothers, frankly) but realized it had been written long ago...by Freddy Mercury.

I included the lyrics for any of you youngsters who don't know the song.

If the next generations of Maxwells learn this one well, they can sing it to me when I'm old-- and they should start learning paradise by the dashboard light as well... Just saying.

That's a hard song, not just in range and control but in the sheer passion that Freddie Mercury put into it. I would not want to hear the Maxwells butcher it.

[bBvideo 641,391:b6p2nod4]

[/bBvideo]

Heh. Your sister in law is similar to my mom.

What, it's hot outside? The kid is going to eat and make a mess, or play and make a mess, or do [whatever] and make a mess? Fine then, diaper (or shorts, later) and a sun hat it is! No need for other clothes it just makes more laundry!

I also hear ya on the carpeted kitchens (or BATHROOMS, which tend to coexist in the same apartments, always built in the 1970's, oh yes). What were people thinking?

{L_OFFTOPIC} :
I've got a picture of my kid eating sweet potatoes - he got them in his ear, eyebrows, back of his head, everywhere. Oh, yeah, we had a carpeted bathroom, too. While we were potty-training the Kid. Loads of fun. It was one of the things we changed when we were getting ready to list it. I think it was built in the early 80s, though, but probably by someone who was still stuck in the 70s mentally. :)

Also, very little built-in lighting - as in, one light fixture in the kitchen, one in each bathroom and walk-in closet, one in the entry, one in the hall. Bedrooms and living room were lit by lamps only, and the outlets were in inconvenient places. Add a severe lack of windows, and it was like living in a cave during the winter. The architect was a clueless twit. My Must-Have list when we moved had windows at the very top.

I looked up the property records in Leavenworth and he doesn't own anything. I even looked up some of the neighbouring counties and came up with nothing. I think I've reached the limit of my sleuthing skills and someone else is going to have to take over. :lol:

Thinking about it, it's likely that John would just get Grandma's house next door, so Grandma can come live with Steve and Teri. She might be living with them now, for all we know.

Maybe it's Jesse 'courtin! How old is he? 21, 23? A bit young, but if they do that "friend thing" for a year, he'd be ready. Considering how long it took Chris to marry, Stevie's probably pushing the reversals to start ASAP.

Nothing is better for the brand but "happy" marriages and more babies.... 'Course, he's going to have to do some real "spinning" on why none of his adult daughters are married. Even his leg humpers are going to wonder....

I looked up Jesse, too, and as far as I can tell he doesn't own any property in Leavenworth either.

I would say there is something going on with this girl, especially if she's the same girl from the wedding photos. The Maxwells are so insular that it would be really out of the norm for them to have this girl at Joseph's wedding in Kentucky (it was Kentucky, right?) in September, then have her at their conference in Wichita in November, then have her at their concerts in Leavenworth in December. Even John-Marie, who was one of the few young people to come visit them on occasion (and who I think Steve tried and failed to get for one of the girls) didn't follow them around like that.

Is Leavenworth that boring that they can draw a crowd to hear them sing and spout scripture? I wonder if buses are brought in from several assisted living or retirement centers.

I'm not sure I would call that a "crowd." There are fewer than 100 people (I counted 70) and about half are white haired/bald so maybe one bus full of folks from the nursing home. A few families with young children. Maybe a couple of unattached young women. No young men that I could see. My guess is that the event was billed as a free Christmas Concert with live music and it was posted on a church bulletin or two. For a free Christmas Concert that close to Christmas I would expect to see a lot more people but my guess is that people have learned that a Maxhell Concert is as boring as...well..hell.

Maybe it's Jesse 'courtin! How old is he? 21, 23? A bit young, but if they do that "friend thing" for a year, he'd be ready. Considering how long it took Chris to marry, Stevie's probably pushing the reversals to start ASAP.

Nothing is better for the brand but "happy" marriages and more babies.... 'Course, he's going to have to do some real "spinning" on why none of his adult daughters are married. Even his leg humpers are going to wonder....

Jesse is only 20. I think they're going to marry off John first.

And Jesse just looks so young. I can't imagine him getting married anytime soon. John, on the other hand, for sure. I always say this, and it may be tmi, but when you're not allowed any other sexual outlet, not masturbation, not even fantasizing, if you're not asexual and you're not willing to break the rules, what else are you going to do? You have to marry, and you'll want to do it pretty soon. I don't know how these guys are saving up enough money to buy houses debt free, but Joseph managed to do it a couple years ago, so John shouldn't have a problem.

I' but my guess is that people have learned that a Maxhell Concert is as boring as...well..hell.

I'm sure you are right. After going to one, if it borning most people would not want to go again.

Is Leavenworth that boring that they can draw a crowd to hear them sing and spout scripture? I wonder if buses are brought in from several assisted living or retirement centers.

That could be what happened. Maybe where they do church brought some of their residents to hear them sing.

That's a hard song, not just in range and control but in the sheer passion that Freddie Mercury put into it. I would not want to hear the Maxwells butcher it.

[bBvideo 641,391:2zd2wdff]

[/bBvideo]

:penguin-no: :penguin-no: Just what the world doesn't need, Stevehovah to loosen up and allow the chidults to release an album of Queen covers. I have been a HUGE Queen fan since I was 14. I even have a cat named Flash (after the Queen song from the Flash Gordon soundtrack) The idea of the Maxwells butchering Queen is too much for me to take. :(

:penguin-no: :penguin-no: Just what the world doesn't need, Stevehovah to loosen up and allow the chidults to release an album of Queen covers. I have been a HUGE Queen fan since I was 14. I even have a cat named Flash (after the Queen song from the Flash Gordon soundtrack) The idea of the Maxwells butchering Queen is too much for me to take. :(

OMG! There are more Queen fans out there? Let's talk!

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Want to hear about when I met Freddie Mercury?

I dunno though. The Maxwells could handle a couple of Queen's less challenging and, IMO, pot boilers. These were sung by football (soccer) fans. The only problem would be the beat.

We are the Champions Christians

I've sinned my sins

Time after time

I've done my penance

But committed those crimes

Such bad mistakes

I made so many

I've had my share of prayer

To stop my sin

And I've not come through

But I mean to pray on and on and on and on

We are the Christians - my friends

And we'll keep on praying

Till the end

We are the Christians

We are the Christians

No time for sinners

'Cause we are the Christians of the World.

htps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRlGFXl_e1E

"We will rock save you" could also work well :wink-kitty:

"I see a little silhouette of a boob,

Scaramouche! Scaramouche! We're all going to he-ell!

Thunderbolts and lightning, very very frightening -

Me!

Stevie-hovah, Stevie-hovah, stevie-hovah let me go!

I'll eat as many animal crackers as I want,

No bib... No bib... NO BIB!!

(Cue guitar solo)

ETA - palimpsest, about what you mentioned - look at me, turn around at Get Out. Tell us everything. Everything.

"I see a little silhouette of a boob,

Scaramouche! Scaramouche! We're all going to he-ell!

Thunderbolts and lightning, very very frightening -

Me!

Stevie-hovah, Stevie-hovah, stevie-hovah let me go!

I'll eat as many animal crackers as I want,

No bib... No bib... NO BIB!!

(Cue guitar solo)

ETA - palimpsest, about what you mentioned - look at me, turn around at Get Out. Tell us everything. Everything.

Since I read some time ago that they can only ride their bikes for exercise, not fun, Bicycle Race might be fitting.

I want to ride my bicycle

But just if it's not fun

I want to ride my bicycle

But only for the exercise!!!

Who wants to transform Fat Bottomed Girls into Maxwell speak?

John is pushing to set up businesses and he is an older reversal than Jesse. I would bet John goes before Jesse.

Archived