IGNORED

Caroling/Maxhell Christmas - MERGE

justakitten

Is it possible that the majority of her hair is tucked behind her shoulders? This picture posted with the 12/16/14 entry makes her hair look much more like the 2012 picture:

DSC_6175.jpg

Also, is that a baby bump on Joseph's wife?

DSC_6615.jpg

Also, Christopher may have taken the picture or might have taught Sarah to use the "fried hair" filter.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, is that a scarf tied around Anna's waist? Isn't that defrauding, like in a contrasting-buttons kind of way? I'm surprised she got away with that! It calls all sorts of attention to her waistline! Hussy!

Anna's hair has not looked that raggedy in the past. Did you look at the post with the older photo before you got upset? Sarah has also looked like her hair is thinning and unhealthy this year. I think the speculation is more to do with a curiosity about what is going on rather than anything else. No reason to get defensive.

Has anyone noticed how wild n sexy Miss Mary's hair is looking? Maybe she is like a hair succubus- she sucks the life out of her sisters' hair to make hers lush.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to give offence. I have very thin hair myself, actually. But when I'm stressed or not eating well, my hair will take a turn for the worse and starts falling out rappidly. And the hair of the Maxwell girls did look a lot healthier a few years ago (in december, too)

DSC_6292.jpg

Poor Reversal Anna, she needs some good conditioner and a trim STAT. But it definitely looked healthier in recent years, so it makes me wonder what is up too?

Geez, if that counts as a baby bump, I've been pregnant for at least 2 years. Good think I'm old enough that people just see it as middle age spread! :D

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to give offence. I have very thin hair myself, actually. But when I'm stressed or not eating well, my hair will take a turn for the worse and starts falling out rappidly. And the hair of the Maxwell girls did look a lot healthier a few years ago (in december, too)

DSC_6292.jpg

No worries. No offense taken here. YIKES! That pic really shows the difference.

DSC_6292.jpg

To me, Sarah's hair doesn't look any different in that pic from what it looks like in more recent pictures. Anna's is looking healthier though.

In recent posts Melanie looks very tight lipped. I wonder if she's having doubts about the lifestyle. John on the other hand is rather lovely isn't he? There's something genuine in his eyes, he's less 'glazed over' than the others.

And everything old is new again. The highlights:

Sarah visited someone at the assisted living home (to her credit, the word "elderly" was not used; they are now "our friends").

Sarah still can't use punctuation correctly, and she's still doing the hairbows thing.

Stevie got a big banner, designed by Joseph.

"Buying used is a blessing."

They all exercised together (what else???) on Christmas morning, the men made breakfast, the women cleaned up.

No baby rattle from Joseph and Elissa in evidence.

ETA: Oh, and Melanie is looking really tired.

Anna got a meat smoker. :pink-shock: Are they going to smoke their burrito's now? I can't see Stevie laying out money on actual MEAT! :fsm:

Sarah, dear, please stop it with the headbands with flowers, you are a grown women not an 8 year old.

And could someone please explain to me the logic as to why the women have to work out in long skirts in their own damn garage where one one can see them. It is absolutely ridiculous.

Those nightgowns are awful. Tina has no trouble showing how she feels about it, Bethany is sort of trying to hide it, and Abigail has a very fake smile plastered on.

Those nightgowns are awful. Tina has no trouble showing how she feels about it, Bethany is sort of trying to hide it, and Abigail has a very fake smile plastered on.

At first I thought they were frumpers.

"Joseph designed this banner for Dad. We have room in our entryway to hang it, and when we moved into the house, Joseph gifted Dad with a banner to hang there. It is a beautiful way to proclaim Jesus. Dad loves the new banner!"

I had to read this again. I got it the second time since it is so simply put, but dear Lord...

This has probably been said before, but this is an excellent example of how Sarah's writing kind of reads like bible verses with the chopped fragments and the odd way she explains past events.

ETA: Quotation marks.

Same here! I agree she does looking tired!

When I saw her picture in the knit hat, my first thought was, dear lord, she looks like a chemo patient. I'm not snarky. I really hope she is ok.

And everything old is new again. The highlights:

Sarah visited someone at the assisted living home (to her credit, the word "elderly" was not used; they are now "our friends").

Sarah still can't use punctuation correctly, and she's still doing the hairbows thing.

Stevie got a big banner, designed by Joseph.

"Buying used is a blessing."

They all exercised together (what else???) on Christmas morning, the men made breakfast, the women cleaned up.

No baby rattle from Joseph and Elissa in evidence.

ETA: Oh, and Melanie is looking really tired.

Can someone please explain to me why it's necessary to mention that gifts were bought used? I don't get it.

To remind everyone how much better they are. See as they are not focused on worldy wastes of time, that leaves time to do research and find used things of good quality. Also, it shows that they are so very mindful of money they do not waste money, which is why they can have a successful home business and not have to work in the evil, feministic, humanistic, evolutionary world. You too can do it too!! Watch for the the next great book in the Maxwell series "Living Thrifty with a Meek and Quite Spirit". Only $20.99 +tax.

Can someone please explain to me why it's necessary to mention that gifts were bought used? I don't get it.

My guess? Steve reads here. We've been talking a lot lately about how much money the Maxwells' bring in, because it seems like their various businesses couldn't bring in that much money.

I think Steve wants others to know how frugal they are. It's kind of a humble brag.

It seems like an FU internets to people who may have commented on their love of expensive gadgets like iPhones and high-end cameras and big honkin' trucks and $700 mixers and whatnot. CONSUMERISM IS THE DEVIL! Used is godly.

Archived