IGNORED

Caroling/Maxhell Christmas - MERGE

justakitten

Perhaps Elissa has been instructed to crouch to hide a baby bump? I can't remember when they got married but that was my first thought.

They got married in early Sept.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since every photo in Maxhell is posed, I imagine it's just Elissa's natural reaction to lean into the person next to her whenever someone says 'smile!' or whatever. I tend to tilt my head to one side - no idea why, it's just my natural pose.

It's just my opinion but Joshua is far too old to need to be double bibbed. He should be getting close to going no bib.
Well, if he eats like my boys, a bib will be a necessity for at least another year. :roll:

But a double bib? That makes no sense to me at all. If you don't want food on your floor, don't have children.

Come sit next to me. I have never found Mary Maxwell's looks to be anything special, much less stunning. It's nice not to be all alone in the world. :P

Let us fill most of a park bench, and sit together.

The only thing that makes Mary look special is the utterly colorless and excessive gingival displays of her older sisters by comparison.

Not at all.

Who remembers a couple of years ago, or so, when the Maxwells made a gingerbread village?

A few fjers made villages using the Maxwell recipe. Of course the fjers put bars and houses of ill repute in their villages as I recall.

And the abortion clinic complete with jelly baby protesters holding placards. I'm laughing just thinking about it. I need to go and see if I can find the pictures.

And the abortion clinic complete with jelly baby protesters holding placards. I'm laughing just thinking about it. I need to go and see if I can find the pictures.

Oh, you're right! I was trying to remember the different things in the various fj villages. Those were hilarious.

Come sit next to me. I have never found Mary Maxwell's looks to be anything special, much less stunning. It's nice not to be all alone in the world. :P

Agree with both of you!

Since every photo in Maxhell is posed, I imagine it's just Elissa's natural reaction to lean into the person next to her whenever someone says 'smile!' or whatever.

I think you are right!!

"Elissa had a bit of a cold, so she stayed back, and we really missed her (especially one certain person)."

Why do they make Joseph and Elissa out to be teenagers with a crush on each other. Really, Joseph was that lonely after being away from her for probably a couple of hours?

And Sarah has a friend who snapped a pic of her playing a song with her siblings!! Who????

There is a couple of pics with Maxwell 'children'-aged people there.

People who've met them in person say the Maxwell girls, especially Anna, are much prettier in person that you'd expect from their photographs. And to a certain extent, when it comes to Mary, I think we're all so relieved that she turned out as well as she did, given her rather extended awkward, uni-browed, buck-toothed phase. I wouldn't consider her a stunner by any means but I do think she's average-pretty. She reminds me of Chelsea Clinton (who makes the best of what she's got), but sadly Mary won't have even a molecule's worth of the opportunity for growth and learning that Chelsea had.

"Elissa had a bit of a cold, so she stayed back, and we really missed her (especially one certain person)."

Why do they make Joseph and Elissa out to be teenagers with a crush on each other.

I can think of two Maxwellian reasons -- that's about the level their relationship has actually reached, and/or the Maxwells are so starved for emotion and excitement that the affection of newlyweds seems monumental to them.

People who've met them in person say the Maxwell girls, especially Anna, are much prettier in person that you'd expect from their photographs. And to a certain extent, when it comes to Mary, I think we're all so relieved that she turned out as well as she did, given her rather extended awkward, uni-browed, buck-toothed phase. I wouldn't consider her a stunner by any means but I do think she's average-pretty. She reminds me of Chelsea Clinton (who makes the best of what she's got), but sadly Mary won't have even a molecule's worth of the opportunity for growth and learning that Chelsea had.

Yes. After I met them in person I realized that the Maxwell women just aren't very photogenic. They are all much better looking in person. Mary certainly went through a very awkward gangly adolescent phase. Quite aside from the success with the braces, I was overjoyed for Mary when Steve permitted eyebrow tweezers -- I'm sure he would never allow professional waxing or threading for the unibrow. She might have to interact with a stranger!

Really, there are many things to snark about with the Maxwells so why do people want to attack Mary's looks? She is not a raving beauty but she is a much better than average looking 18 year old. Several of the Maxwells, including Joseph, inherited their mother's gummy smile. Are people supposed to have dental surgery these days because shallow internet snarkers find their healthy but gingival smiles unattractive? Sheesh.

Edit because I confused Anna and Mary there for a moment.

I am an old fashioned kind of a girl, so I believe it is what's on the inside that counts. The Maxwell offspring are reasonably attractive boring middle class American looking people. However their insides; I am guessing, are ugly as the hell they are so worried about. Judgemental, superior, arrogant and just all round black sticky Jesus-loves-me-best ooze.

Why do they make Joseph and Elissa out to be teenagers with a crush on each other. Really, Joseph was that lonely after being away from her for probably a couple of hours?

And Sarah has a friend who snapped a pic of her playing a song with her siblings!! Who????

There is a couple of pics with Maxwell 'children'-aged people there.

I'll give the Joseph-missing-Elissa stuff a bit of a pass. They're newlyweds, and still in that honeymoon phase.

It'll wear off when she finds herself pregnant year after year after year.

Yeah, I want to know who those young women are? Is one of them the future Mrs. John?

I'll give the Joseph-missing-Elissa stuff a bit of a pass. They're newlyweds, and still in that honeymoon phase.

It'll wear off when she finds herself pregnant year after year after year.

Yeah, I want to know who those young women are? Is one of them the future Mrs. John?

That was probably the first time Alissa has been alone since the wedding. She probably liked it. Honeymoon is nearing an end!

I want to know who those girls in the photo were, too. Very suspicious!

The latest photos of John? Wow..just wow...come tome John...that's right..keep walking..

The one of him talking the with man at the care home: John looks HOT. Too hot to be fundy.

They're probably just grandkids of some of the 'elderly'. With the Maxwell kids it's hard to even hope for them to marry and get out, because they're never really out. The Duggars are bad enough what with them getting married and moving into Jim Bob's designated houses, but the Maxwells basically stay within a mile of Father Steve and retain that glassy-eyed cultish look. He's got them orbiting him like planets. Blah.

I'm glad Elissa stayed home. I hope she cottons on that she can fake being sick to get out of endless "sweet" family time.

OMG! Those were even better than I remembered! Thanks for posting!!

Good stuff - very creative! :lol:

Poppyseed bread doesn't have as many creative options. Maybe I'll just wear pants and enjoy a nice glass of wine while I make it. That would be scandalous enough for the Maxwells.

I'm glad Elissa stayed home. I hope she cottons on that she can fake being sick to get out of endless "sweet" family time.

Unfortunately, I think Elissa may have been raised only a few levels of crazy down. Yes, she seems to have an eye for color, her wedding dress was beautiful, she was allowed to interact with the unwashed at 4H competitions, and she does not indulge yet in that ridiculous double Tshirt deal to advertise how modestly she dresses. However, she uses the word "helpmeet" to describe herself without irony, there are way too many pictures of her hanging on to Joseph, and she has stated publicly her father believed his children did not need friends, only each other. She seems to have been groomed to be a submissive wife. She has obviously been raised in a comfortable, middle class environment as part of a family of only four children. If she is able to have a dozen of her own, I'm not sure if she understands or realizes what kind of life that would mean.

Shit, I really hate assholes like her father and Steve Maxwell for what they do to innocent girls like her and Sarah.

Unfortunately, I think Elissa may have been raised only a few levels of crazy down. Yes, she seems to have an eye for color, her wedding dress was beautiful, she was allowed to interact with the unwashed at 4H competitions, and she does not indulge yet in that ridiculous double Tshirt deal to advertise how modestly she dresses. However, she uses the word "helpmeet" to describe herself without irony, there are way too many pictures of her hanging on to Joseph, and she has stated publicly her father believed his children did not need friends, only each other. She seems to have been groomed to be a submissive wife. She has obviously been raised in a comfortable, middle class environment as part of a family of only four children. If she is able to have a dozen of her own, I'm not sure if she understands or realizes what kind of life that would mean.

Shit, I really hate assholes like her father and Steve Maxwell for what they do to innocent girls like her and Sarah.

She did? I must have missed something -- I don't know that I've ever seen her write anything!

No, she didn't write it, she said it at the Witchita conference the Maxwell's did a few weeks ago. An FJer went and then reported on it in one of the recent Maxwell threads. She said it during a session where Anna had made a remark to the audience of being afraid of Facebook.

Archived