IGNORED

Caroling/Maxhell Christmas - MERGE

justakitten

If Steve has a "favorite" son, it is either Christopher or Joeseph. If you read their individual writing over years, Christopher and Joeseph both display a religious tone in their writing that is orders of magnitude more fanatical than how Nathan writes. They're lives are much more tightly controlled to live out Steve's ideals. Nathan didn't do all that squicky no touch courtship, fasting to get engaged, get married by daddy nonsense the other two did. Nathan's wife still has full contact with her non crazy cakes family and so do Nathan's kids. It's not about birth order for Steve, it's about obedience and conformity.

I always thought it was Christopher as the "favorite son". Mostly cause he does what his father wants him to & he had a son first.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's better for the immune system to be exposed to germs. Raising kids in a sterile environment (unless there is something wrong with them physically) is a strange American idea that got out of hand. All this anti-bacteria soap being sold to consumers is a terrible marketing ploy that is bad for the environment and bad for your health. I never, never buy anything with anti-bacteria and rely on bleach, alcohol, and vinegar to clean with. Needless to say I leave my shoes on but I do sometimes change out of muddy garden clogs to either slippers or regular shoes.

They are stopping the use of triclosan in Minnesota by 2017. I hope they stop using it everywhere. I'm assuming that some companies will just stop using triclosan (which has shown to have little benefits and great harm) in all their ingredients instead of just the ones they are shipping to MN.

If I'm remembering correctly there's some debate over whether Paul even authored that passage on women or whether it was added at a later date by someone else with an agenda. But of course you can't tell a fundie that, because the Bible is totally inerrant, dontcha know.

If Sarah gets even a tiny bit of happiness out of an enormous, frou-frou flower, who's to stop her? Oh yeah, Steve. If he knew it made her happy he would find a way to stop it. Poor girl just has to grab at the teeny tiny slivers of expression when she can.

Archived