IGNORED

Caroling/Maxhell Christmas - MERGE

justakitten

As much as I like to snark on the Maxwells, it looks like they had a happy Christmas. If so, I am happy for them. There seem to have been a lot of nice presents. The kids are just so adorable. I do feel like I want to free Grandma, Teri’s mom I think, because she looks like she actually enjoys having fun. Christopher or Nathan, whichever one is sitting next to whom I think is Melanie opening the gift, never looks particularly happy. (I need to learn Maxwell male from Maxwell male. All I know is Steve and Jesse. I can finally tell the sisters apart so I believe that is a small victory.)

I do like that John and Anna gave a very nice gift to the newlyweds. The used thing didn’t bother me. Huge gifts that would be normally expensive but are cheaper “gently used†are ok by me. Hell, I wasn’t upset when my grandma bought me a used jeep for my first car. I think Sarah mentioned used so that they look thrifty.

As to the banner, I think Sarah was saying that they already have a banner in the entryway that Joseph previously gave to Steve and, luckily I suppose, there is also room for the newest banner from Joseph.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That banner seems really strange to me. Who on earth (well, the Maxwells, I guess) would want a plastic banner up in their entryway to welcome people? It seems more suited to a school or a church than to a family home.

Silly rwabbit, their house IS all those things

I just wonder what they talk about. They're so insulated, it's not like there's ever anything new to discuss.

I really wish one of them would escape. I feel like it would have to be one of the guys, and at this point it's down to John or Jesse. Then if one of their sisters wanted out, it would be so much easier if she could go to her brother for help. I just watched a documentary about Hutterites, and one young guy left the community (he didn't really have to escape because it sounds like they don't try to keep them there against their will - they just obviously don't give them any help to leave and make it on the outside), and he was able to go to his sister who had left some years before for help.

The way people like the Duggars or the Bateses live their lives and raise their children really bothers me as well, but the Maxwells are just on a whole different level. Steve is basically running his own little cult and I honestly believe the guy is a cold-hearted sociopath who projects his own fears and control issues onto his children and has absolutely no problem seeing them stunted and miserable as long as he can maintain control. Those big gold letters may as well read 'STEVE' instead of 'JESUS' - Jesus is the puppet Steve uses to keep all the cogs (family members) running smoothly in his machine.

If you're curious for what the "old" Joseph-made banner looks like, check out this old blog page, and scroll down to the Christmas post (featuring a just-married Christopher and Anna) and see a much younger-looking Joseph and John showing it off: blog.titus2.com/2010/12/.

Exciting...

If you're curious for what the "old" Joseph-made banner looks like, check out this old blog page, and scroll down to the Christmas post (featuring a just-married Christopher and Anna) and see a much younger-looking Joseph and John showing it off: blog.titus2.com/2010/12/.

Exciting...

The new banner is much better. There is no mention about DEATH!

I noticed something really strange in one of the photos, wonder how long it will take before it's scrubbed?

In the picture where Tina is leaning on the package third photo from the top, look at the wrapping paper on the package, looks like it says 666. I'm guessing it's a couple of penguins on a sled or toboggan, but the picture is upside down so the bodies of the penguins look like numbers.

Those big gold letters may as well read 'STEVE' instead of 'JESUS' - Jesus is the puppet Steve uses to keep all the cogs (family members) running smoothly in his machine.

When I first saw those big gold letters in their living room, the first thought I had is that they got it wrong. It should be Steve because it's all about him and not Jesus.

I was thinking about Sarah and her visit to the nursing home. Don't get me wrong, it is a nice thing to do but I find it very worrisome that it is one of the only outside social interactions she is allowed. Sarah is a normal, healthy woman and she is bound to get crushes or romantic feelings for someone. She is not allowed to listen to music or watch movies or meet with young people outside her family so that leaves Steve, her brothers, and the elderly as the only males she is allowed to see and talk to. And Jesus, I suppose. I know that Stevehovah would prefer his darling daughters to have no sexual feelings at all but it is criminal the way he has cut them off from all available men so that their natural inclinations have no outlet.

I fear for Sarah if one of her sisters ever marries and brings a new young man into the fold. I can only imagine that Sarah would have to suppress any stray thoughts or feelings and feel bad about herself if they arise. We all want love and we are hardwired to want mates. Shame on Steve and Teri to pretend their daughters are not human beings made of flesh and bone.

I also wish someone in the family would escape!! But I dont know if they would and if they did would they be able to handle it.

And to add a festive touch to it, they all took their shoes of. Is it a cultural thing? I really dislike all these family photos (in general) and the entire party have themselves photographed on their socks.....

Does anyone know if their garage is heated? Also, if exercise is so important to their family, why not add on an exercise room to their house? If they kept it simple, it wouldn't be that expensive to do. :think:

My garage isn't heated, and I work out there. I'm a warm person and I overheat easily. (I did hot yoga once and it was hell!). I'd think lack of air conditioning would be worse. Then again, I live in the PNW and it doesn't get bitterly cold here often.

I think it would be OOT to build an exercise room if they already have something that works for them.

It's normal in Canada to take your shoes off in the house, but I've always understood that it's not normal in America. But they look like they're wearing shoes in most of the photos?

I thought that Steve may view the plaid shirts as defrauding with pockets over the boobs and contrasting buttons.

I just wonder what they talk about. They're so insulated, it's not like there's ever anything new to discuss.

Maybe they're like this family of bachelor farmers and their unmarried sister that James Herriot described in one of his books. He noticed that this family would, after a hard day's work would take off their boots and brogans and sit on a bench in their stocking feet near the fire and not say a word all evening. They wouldn't do anything else either. No knitting, no card playing. Nothing. They just sat.

It's normal in Canada to take your shoes off in the house, but I've always understood that it's not normal in America. But they look like they're wearing shoes in most of the photos?

I am not American I am Dutch/French, I see it all the time in (American) pictures, I just wondered....

I'm American and I always take my shoes off as I enter my house and I asked all guests remove their shoes also. Shoes track in dirt and all sorts of filth that I absolutely do not want in my house. it keeps my house cleaner.

I've lived in the U.S. my entire life, and I take my shoes off inside. This is not for reasons of cleanliness-- this is because I wear festive socks and don't want to cover them up more than is necessary.

I'm going with static electricity hat hair. Mine looks like that a lot in winter when I live in or visit cold areas.

What do you bet the password was Jesus?

Anna's was on the list of available wi-fi, but Mr. Allison believes it was password protected. Otherwise, we would have had a field day.

I've lived in the U.S. my entire life, and I take my shoes off inside. This is not for reasons of cleanliness-- this is because I wear festive socks and don't want to cover them up more than is necessary.

Festive socks - I love it! :D

Steve certainly seems to favour Christopher's boy( can't think of his name) . Always lots of pics of those 2 together. It's either that or Sarah favours him since she is the photographer for these occasions.

What most got me was that fugly man-plaid shirt with which Anna 'was gifted' and so proudly pleased wore in later snapshots. I like plaid as much as anyone but was sad to see 20-something Anna strapped into total coverage antisexywear.

Archived