IGNORED

Caroling/Maxhell Christmas - MERGE

justakitten

They seem appropriately obsessed with having their children go in order (poor Sarah excluded) so I would expect John to be next. We'll only really know if Steve will let a daughter go after that as Anna is the next in line.

It would take such an effort for a man to get through the crazy, though. Considering they aren't allowed to talk to the girls or get a feel for their personality before making a commitment, I think only Mary, who is stunning, stands a chance of being plucked from the hedgerow and getting out of there.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seriously doubt that is a dead poinsettia in Sarah's hair. When a poinsettia bract is cut fresh from a plant, the red leaves will collapse and droop. They will not appear curled in and retain the shape of a flower. What I suspect is on Sarah's head is a rose made out of cloth, which is part of that headband meant for a little girl.

I seriously doubt that is a dead poinsettia in Sarah's hair. When a poinsettia bract is cut fresh from a plant, the red leaves will collapse and droop. They will not appear curled in and retain the shape of a flower. What I suspect is on Sarah's head is a rose made out of cloth, which is part of that headband meant for a little girl.

Maybe so. It just looked a lot perkier in the indoor photo and then looked pretty droopy in the outdoor photo. Either way, she's 32 and needs to hand the headband down to one of her nieces.

I had to go view a close up after discussion of the "flower." :) It's definitely a fabric flower and quite likely supposed to be a rose. I agree, it's long passed time for Sarah to give up flowered headbands. I expect it drooped from being out in the rain and damp.

[search][/search]

Maybe so. It just looked a lot perkier in the indoor photo and then looked pretty droopy in the outdoor photo. Either way, she's 32 and needs to hand the headband down to one of her nieces.

I agree, she's a grown woman and should not be wearing a headband meant for a little girl.

Edit-cross posted with Coconut Flan.

That waffle cookie looks to me like the Dutch "stroopwafel", which is two waffles with a maple syrop filling, it's chewy in texture and delicious and definitely not a health food, lol

I agree with you, that is definitely a "stroopwafel". Mmmm, love them!!

I agree with you, that is definitely a "stroopwafel". Mmmm, love them!!

mmmm :D

also, of note, quite a few treats were probably a lot more sugary and rich than what the maxwells are used to, so they probably rationed some because it can cause gastric discomfort to not have all of that stuff and then all of a sudden OVERLOAD. :pink-shock:

mmmm :D

also, of note, quite a few treats were probably a lot more sugary and rich than what the maxwells are used to, so they probably rationed some because it can cause gastric discomfort to not have all of that stuff and then all of a sudden OVERLOAD. :pink-shock:

They will probably fast and pray about their gluttony for 3 days and 3 nights for their sin of the taste buds.

She's working hard on being (or appearing) submissive.

Please, oh, please let their Christmas season busy-ness be a wedding of one of the girls. I'm predicting Anna.

Including an entire half of a stroopwaffel! Oh, Sarah, when you throw caution to the winds you really go all out, don't you!

I bet she didn't even enjoy that stroopwafel. Now I want stroopwafels. I became addicted to them while in Aruba. I bought them at Super Foods. I need to go back & sit on the beach & eat stroopwafels. And get a tan. Sorry.. Random rambling. All I could focus on was the stroopwafel.

post-1580-14451999770185_thumb.jpgI think Mary Maxwell is probably a smartass & the photo on Tit2 today confirms it for me. She's Stevehovah's mini me with her crazy eyes & her "I know something you don't" smirk. Sorry, I don't think she's pretty. She would be a mean girl if she wasn't living a sheltered life on the compound.

I looked up last years post to compare and surprising they said they sing "We wish you a Merry Christmas."

I wonder if the neighbors tolerate the singing so they can get some of the bread- the poppy seed looks good but I remember a Cinnamon Bread from the past that looked absolutely delicious.

I looked up last years post to compare and surprising they said they sing "We wish you a Merry Christmas."

I wonder if the neighbors tolerate the singing so they can get some of the bread- the poppy seed looks good but I remember a Cinnamon Bread from the past that looked absolutely delicious.

I remember the cinnamon bread, too. It looked really good. It must have become an idol.

They sang a song that wasn't about Jesus??? Whaaaaaaaat?????

I was actually thinking of making the poppyseed bread. I'm still new at fj... would that make me a leghumper? :think:

No, that's more like "taking one for the team". You'll need to report back about your results. A leghumper would try to actually break onto the compound and make it WITH them. I think you're safe. And, welcome!

I don't see anything indicating that something's up? I think they just meant that Christmas is busy for them, because, you know... Christmas stuff. But of course Joseph's marriage came out of the blue, so I guess anything's possible with them.

I was actually thinking of making the poppyseed bread. I'm still new at fj... would that make me a leghumper? :think:

Not at all.

Who remembers a couple of years ago, or so, when the Maxwells made a gingerbread village?

A few fjers made villages using the Maxwell recipe. Of course the fjers put bars and houses of ill repute in their villages as I recall.

As usual, all of the "friends" other than the immediate Maxwell family are "the elderly."

They really are just kept completely separate from any non-family remotely in their own age group, aren't they? Crazy.

[attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment]I think Mary Maxwell is probably a smartass & the photo on Tit2 today confirms it for me. She's Stevehovah's mini me with her crazy eyes & her "I know something you don't" smirk. Sorry, I don't think she's pretty. She would be a mean girl if she wasn't living a sheltered life on the compound.

Come sit next to me. I have never found Mary Maxwell's looks to be anything special, much less stunning. It's nice not to be all alone in the world. :P

They really are just kept completely separate from any non-family remotely in their own age group, aren't they? Crazy.

Of course they are. If they had anything but the barest superficial exposure to their peers, they would be in mortal danger of worldly corruption. They would keep hearing references to secular movies, music, and news. What if they became curious?

Come sit next to me. I have never found Mary Maxwell's looks to be anything special, much less stunning. It's nice not to be all alone in the world. :P

I think she's cute, and can be striking in certain poses. Other times she suffers from the same gummy, over-eyebrowed, smug Maxwell looks as the rest. Except John. Not sure how he won the looks lottery but damn if he didn't.

I posted it on the other thread, but it's still odd to me: Elissa is crouching in all of her pictures, expect when she's sitting down. Then she's straight as a rod.

Perhaps Elissa has been instructed to crouch to hide a baby bump? I can't remember when they got married but that was my first thought.

Perhaps Elissa has been instructed to crouch to hide a baby bump? I can't remember when they got married but that was my first thought.

At three months max I suspect that she wouldn't be showing yet (wedding was 9/6). I wondered if she thought she needed to crouch to fit in the picture.

Archived