IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 9

happy atheist

All's very quiet on any of the Duggar's instagrams. What's going on?

I noticed that someone in another thread was talking about how the older J-Girls don't have any hobbies except for waiting for their future baes, and they specifically mentioned how Jinger wasn't using her camera for photography or something.

Guess what's up on the duggarfam IG now? Photos tagged #photographybyjinger...

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was reading the babycenter megathread. Someone compared the differences between Ben's and Derick's churches mission statements (someone wanna help me on if I did that grammatically correct?)

Holy cow! Whatever happened to (paraphrased) 'judge not, lest you be judged'??? This is the basis of the beliefs and teachings of their WHOLE CHURCH?!

I noticed that someone in another thread was talking about how the older J-Girls don't have any hobbies except for waiting for their future baes, and they specifically mentioned how Jinger wasn't using her camera for photography or something.

Now I'm wondering if the dinner between the Seewalds and Dillards was somehow staged to refute any rumor-mongering here about there being any feuding or bad blood between Jill and Jessa. I didn't think that before I saw this post about Jinger... :?

This was the caption on the Duggar Family Official FB post of the Dillard-Seewald Dinner:

We love this sweet picture of our girls and their husbands having dinner last night! Only would have been better if we had been there! Hint, hint, girls!!!

Jeezum H. Crackers, let your adult children do something on their own for once, dammit.

As soon as I saw the dinner picture with J and D and J and B I thought- Staged!!!!!!! Feud or no feud it seems like the message is "we love each other and hang out." They very well may hang out but the timing is suspect!

I will never understand why people want to believe that the Duggars spends so much time following and responding to Free Jinger. I think there's some cognitive dissonance going on because FJ is 100% devoted to following fundies, so it's like people assume all these fundies are in turn following us. Jill and Jessa probably know that Free Jinger exists, but why would they read here? Why would they care what us depraved heretics think of them? They already know that they're right and we're wrong. Is it fun to believe they're passive aggressively responding to us? I guess... but they're not. It's like seeing the Virgin Mary in a piece of toast. Your brain thinks it's seeing something that isn't actually there.

I will never understand why people want to believe that the Duggars spends so much time following and responding to Free Jinger. I think there's some cognitive dissonance going on because FJ is 100% devoted to following fundies, so it's like people assume all these fundies are in turn following us. Jill and Jessa probably know that Free Jinger exists, but why would they read here? Why would they care what us depraved heretics think of them? They already know that they're right and we're wrong. Is it fun to believe they're passive aggressively responding to us? I guess... but they're not. It's like seeing the Virgin Mary in a piece of toast. Your brain thinks it's seeing something that isn't actually there.

I actually don't think it has to do with FJ at all. The feud story is all over the media including major news networks. They do damage control often.

I actually don't think it has to do with FJ at all. The feud story is all over the media including major news networks. They do damage control often.

It's probably TLC PR /media staff that lurk here. I don't think Michelle would read here, maybe Josh and Anna would and apparently JB doesn't use the internet much.

That was me! The thread got merged into here I guess... But yeah I saw the #photography by Jinger and thought they were responding to my comment LOL :dance:

Yeah... her pictures look like pictures I could take on my iPhone... nothing special there.

I actually have no problem believing that they might try to subtly respond to things out there in the media. Just not things on FJ. That's the distinction I draw - I'm talking about people who say, "This is proof the Duggars read here!!!" No, it isn't.

I absolutely believe that TLC staff lurk here & send hints to the Duggars. I see no reason for the Duggars themselves to read here, and why would they? I certainly wouldn't want to see all this hate. :D

That was me! The thread got merged into here I guess... But yeah I saw the #photography by Jinger and thought they were responding to my comment LOL :dance:

Yeah... her pictures look like pictures I could take on my iPhone... nothing special there.

There are several threads merged in the general discussion thread but the RE: is the right thread name. It's very odd.

I absolutely believe that TLC staff lurk here & send hints to the Duggars. I see no reason for the Duggars themselves to read here, and why would they? I certainly wouldn't want to see all this hate. :D

I definitely think that TLC reads here. I'm not sure about whether they send hints to the Duggars. Maybe if it's something huge, but I don't think TLC really acts as their PR team - if that makes sense. Though that makes me wonder - do the Duggars have someone (or multiple people) in charge of their PR, or do they do it themselves?

Anyway, what I'm disputing is that idea that Jill, Jessa, Josh, etc. etc. etc. are almost daily scouring FJ and then manufacturing instagram scenes to prove us wrong. There's just no way. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but I don't think they give that much of a crap about us. :lol:

I don't think JB and M or any of the other Duggarlings necessarily read here, but I do agree that TLC probably has one or more readers having a look at some of the items being discussed here regularly.

This was the caption on the Duggar Family Official FB post of the Dillard-Seewald Dinner:

Jeezum H. Crackers, let your adult children do something on their own for once, dammit.

.....exactly! And you, JimBob and Michelle spend your time paying attention to your children still living in your home!!!

I definitely think that TLC reads here. I'm not sure about whether they send hints to the Duggars. Maybe if it's something huge, but I don't think TLC really acts as their PR team - if that makes sense. Though that makes me wonder - do the Duggars have someone (or multiple people) in charge of their PR, or do they do it themselves?

Anyway, what I'm disputing is that idea that Jill, Jessa, Josh, etc. etc. etc. are almost daily scouring FJ and then manufacturing instagram scenes to prove us wrong. There's just no way. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but I don't think they give that much of a crap about us. :lol:

I really believe that they do their own PR. I can't imagine a real firm letting some of the stuff they say out in the public.

I saw the Duggars on a cover of a gossip magazine today - I don't remember which one but it was some thing like Duggar scandals - bulumia (sp?), and three or four other shocking things - I was in a rush so I didn't get a chance to look carefully. Anyone see it / read it?

I don't know if it has been speculated here before, but do we know if there are or were psychological disorders or mental health issues in the duggars or fundies? I know many fundies dismiss these as sin, and say to refer to the bible to be cured, but realistically speaking, schizophrenia and like instances need professional help. I know j'chelle suffered from Bulimia in her adolescence, do we think there is a possibility that she substituted this behavior with obsessive procreation? What if one of the kids one day turn out to have severe depression or seem to not be of good mental health, is their fate to just pick up a bible and pray or do you think the duggars would seek a professional for help, therefore acknowledging that these professionals are the answers to their prayers?!

I saw the Duggars on a cover of a gossip magazine today - I don't remember which one but it was some thing like Duggar scandals - bulumia (sp?), and three or four other shocking things - I was in a rush so I didn't get a chance to look carefully. Anyone see it / read it?

I bought it yesterday. National Examiner Article - Secret Double Lives of the Duggars: Sex! Guns! Extortion! Bulimia!

It's pretty much a non-article. Basically, it covers second-hand speculation that has been featured here and on other news sites. The first point involves Amy Duggar being blackmailed by a woman named Teresa Hunt due to Amy supposedly having an affair with an older man in order to further her singing career, James Garrett. Hunt wanted $10,000 to keep things quiet, but admitted before a judge that she was guilty of extortion, so she did house arrest and probation for it. The funniest part is where the article claims Amy is around 40. It says at the time of the affair, which was supposedly years ago, Amy was "then 35."

:lol:

Next up, Jim Bob and Michelle went "too far" physically when they dated, and want their kids to be frigid little statues until the moment they say I Do and get thrown into full on sex. And also, we should clearly remember this so that their kids can be a better success story. Because it's not like they've been married for 30 years or anything. :roll:

Then comes the part where Michelle mows grass in a bikini. "Michelle's neighbors used complain because she'd mow the lawn in a bikini," says former aquaintance Raymond Yeatman. "They were always trying to get her to cover up her legs, and so were her parents." I thought this was just one guy's wife who supposedly objected to Michelle mowing in her bikini, according to Michelle?

Um this might be new for some of you. Michelle claimed she was bulimic as a teen, but she also says that it was Jim Bob who "talked her out of it." The article states that whenever Michelle felt the need to purge, she would call Jim Bob and they would pray together and he would talk her out of it.

...Why do I not believe that ever happened? Calling Jim Bob to talk her out of purging, I mean?

Next up, Duggar daughters talking about hormones and pent-up lust as they address it in their book. Very important never to "put yourself into physical and moral danger and give into those emotions or sensual thoughts that promise pleasant but only temporary fulfillment."

After that, the rumor about Jessa supposedly engaging with Ben in a sex act on their wedding day. The article claims that Jinger walked in them and "reportedly received the shock of her life when she opened [the door] on the couple in a flagrant act of lust, which also stunned several other witnesses before she slammed it shut."

Last part of the article talks about the Duggar love of firearms. When John David and Jessa were photographed with them, Jim Bob said "it's our constitutional right." Talk of Jill and Derick registering for guns for their wedding, blah blah blah.

So yeah, nothing that we haven't heard about and seen before, just recycled quotes, a couple of facts, and other rumors from the past.

Looks like our favorite fake blogger is having a fake visit with the Duggars. I get that the blog is funny and fake, but it's also a bit creepy. Am I the only one who thinks that?

Life has been busy!

I have been busy the last few weeks, which is why I haven't been posting much.

We made a trip to see the Duggar family, and we will be home next week. Today is precious Josie's birthday, so I would just like to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY! She is such a precious child.

You are thinking "You visited them? But what about the tabloid fiasco!? The sex scandal!?" Well, Jim Bob made me swear I would not let it happen again. So I will be more careful in my monitoring comments, so none get by that will cause trouble. They have all accepted my apology, and we have all moved on in life.

Jana was such a sweetheart. I just adore her. I remember when we were children, she used to be such a spitfire! She would tell everyone what to do and when to do it. I suppose the Duggar parents did a fairly good job of training her. They did not train it OUT of her as others have said, they trained her to direct that towards more worthy causes. Jana now has a kind and meek spirit, but don't get her mad! The little fireball I grew up with will come out and tear you apart! Then you feel bad for making such a gentle creature mad.

Jinger asked if she and Josiah could come visit me sometime, but that was quickly shot down by her mother. Michelle said Jinger is not ready to leave anywhere without an appropriate chaperone. Nothing against me, she said, they just can't risk Jinger or Josiah getting the wrong ideas into their heads.

Nataleigh and Johannah are the best of friends. Kaileigh loves Jennifer, and Baileigh plays with Josie. Jordyn was a bit of a loner, and stayed back, preferring to read her little books.

It is time for bed now, I hope everyone has a wonderful evening!

Ashleigh

The World Is Roses at 11:09 PM

*Hope it's cool to post the entirety of the public blog post.

Archived