IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 9

happy atheist

All I can say is I'm a much better person as an atheist than I ever was as a Christian. Your experience may differ.

And I'm much better as a protestant that I'd ever be as an atheist. So, we should all believe what we want to, until a time comes when we find out what the absolute truth is.

Too much trying to convince one side or ther other here. That's why they are called beliefs. And Faith.

I personally experienced great struggles. And my faith in God is what got me through. Did I ask, "Why me?" Sure. And then I thought - there is a plan for me. I am just not privy to it.

What I can get icky about is when people do bad things in the name of religion, when it's really their inner self driving them to it. Like persecuting another person based on their religion, sexual orientation, gender or belief system.

Snark is snark - and generally not harmful.

And referring back to things like the holocost, I'm pretty sure Hitler is paying for that...somehow, and somewhere, and it is not up to me to determine how.

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is kind of off-topic...

The one thing i've always hated is how religious or non-religious people often try and say the other "group" must have never experienced hardships.

For example, my Mom has made numerous comments that any atheist has obviously never had any real struggle or not otherwise they'd believe in God, because they'd need someone to lean on.

And then on the other hand, i've heard atheists say that Christians life must be perfect otherwise they'd laugh at the idea of a God.

I just think both sides of it are so ridiculous. And for some reason I wanted to point that out... LOL

I'll swim. Let's try a segway (insert people pleasing attempt here)

I've noticed Jessa doing more evangelizing on her social media - since she has so many followers now I suspect we will see more of this. I had a thought that since basically Ben has no career/education and he indicated that he was interested in being a missionary - perhaps we could see Jessa/Ben traveling and not Jill/Derrick. Thoughts?

Also, now that Jessa is back from her honeymoon...does anyone know where she is? I'm hoping near the Seewalds. I noticed she posted a comment that she was having "FaceTime" with her brothers and was referring to the phone. Long distance? It's Thanksgiving week, so surely the honeymoon is over.

edited to say: "feeble attempt i know...but it was worth a shot"

I've noticed Jessa doing more evangelizing on her social media - since she has so many followers now I suspect we will see more of this. I had a thought that since basically Ben has no career/education and he indicated that he was interested in being a missionary - perhaps we could see Jessa/Ben traveling and not Jill/Derrick. Thoughts?

Also, now that Jessa is back from her honeymoon...does anyone know where she is? I'm hoping near the Seewalds. I noticed she posted a comment that she was having "FaceTime" with her brothers and was referring to the phone. Long distance? It's Thanksgiving week, so surely the honeymoon is over.

I've had a feeling for a while that Jill & Derrick are going to be those people who wanted to be missionaries but throw that desire away once the baby comes along**. So I think it could certainly end up being Jessa/Ben that do the missions work- - if either of the couples are going to...

** This is something that actually kind of makes me sad for Jill/Derrick because I have the same "heart for missions" that they do (though i've taken a more secular approach), and knowing all of the missionaries I do know, Jill and Derrick strike me as the people who would have either delayed having kids for the first few years so they could work overseas together or as the type that would have one kid.... and then use birth control. I just feel like the constant pregnancy's are going to keep them in Arkansas, and I wonder if that is what they really want...

It bums me out that Jill's midwifery skills could be so damn helpful in a developing country, yet she's probably stuck in Arkansas now.

It bums me out that Jill's midwifery skills could be so damn helpful in a developing country, yet she's probably stuck in Arkansas now.

I think that part of the reason that they haven't become missionaries somewhere, is that Derick has a full-time position at Walmart. I have to give him kudos for not leaving his job, despite the Duggar dog and pony show traveling needs.

I believe this family has morphed into the Kardashians; without the heavy partying, sexing dressing, and wild lifestyle. Both families are larger than average, love the media attention and enjoy the life style their reality show allows them to live!!!

I think that part of the reason that they haven't become missionaries somewhere, is that Derick has a full-time position at Walmart. I have to give him kudos for not leaving his job, despite the Duggar dog and pony show traveling needs.

If Derick had really planned to be an SBC missionary, he wouldn't have taken that job at Walmart. He's very recently back from the mission field as it is. For all the talk of missionary work, I am pretty darn certain Derick knew that by marrying Jill he was giving up being an SBC missionary.

Just another thing the Duggars pay lip service to, but don't actually follow through.

Ofc Derick could surprise me by figuring out a different way to go out as a missionary. SBC certainly does not own the mission field, there are alternatives. I just really kind of doubt it, the support from SBC Mission Board is reliable and secure. I can't see him going out and living on the edge off donations from Christians in the US. Or securing some kind of employment in another country in order to proselytize there? Meh. Dubious IMO.

Isn't it unsafe to have that bouncy seat on the table!?

Yep, it sure is! Not that the Duggars have ever cared about safety.

Yep, it sure is! Not that the Duggars have ever cared about safety.

I hate defending them, but they probably just put it there for the picture.

Nice segue, circularlogic... I, too, hope the Seewalds will live nearer the Seewalds than the Duggars.

Who are the other kids?

Sierra Dominguez's kids. According to her inatagram she, her husband, and their five kids (four?) are in DC visiting.

I hate defending them, but they probably just put it there for the picture.

wow hopefully. Because that's a collapsible folding table, with a bunch of little jumpers and kickers surrounding it.

Sierra Dominguez's kids. According to her inatagram she, her husband, and their five kids (four?) are in DC visiting.

Thanks. Is she being discussed on FJ? Seems like she is pretty good friends with the Duggars, even though she wears tank tops and shorts and went to ebil public school. I'm shocked!

ETA: And celebrates Halloween. Or at least did in the past. Wow!

I heard that Derick did not start the WM job until he returned from Nepal. If this is true, Derick only started the job earlier this year. Time will tell IF he really intents to stay employed outside Duggarville.

wow hopefully. Because that's a collapsible folding table, with a bunch of little jumpers and kickers surrounding it.

Wishful thinking. I remember on one of those "check-in" episodes right after Michael was born they definitely had the bouncy seat on their kitchen table! I was appalled. I guess they haven't changed their view on that...

A bit off topic. If Guinn Ben's mom, Anna, Jill, and Jessa were pregnant at the same time, how much Jesus valium will Michelle need?

Quinn did look pregnant in the wedding photos from Jill's wedding. May it was the dress she was wearing plus a food bump.

Of course, if she actually was PG, she would be hugely pg by now-LOL.

A bit off topic. If Guinn Ben's mom, Anna, Jill, and Jessa were pregnant at the same time, how much Jesus valium will Michelle need?

Call me demented, but I prefer to think of babies hurling so fast out of a down spout that Michelle suffocates trying to catch them all. It's my pipe dream.

Archived