IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 9

happy atheist

thebatesfam Instagram page shows Joesph Duggar sitting on their couch with little Jeb Bates cuddled up next to him and falling asleep. I think Joe seems more at home at the Bateses home than at his own. :whistle:

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sure, but a lot of people just don't see the use of buying things they won't use often. Me included. We get a lot more snow than the Duggars where I live, and I still like to go sledding. Though unlike the Duggars, I usually do it while intoxicated...so maybe I mind using random things from around the house a little bit less for that, but still. I don't think just because you have a big house and some spare money means you should spend it on things you don't really need or use!

And as much as I hate those big political signs...I guess if you have them sitting around...what else are you going to use them for, anyway?

I'm not one to defend the Duggars, but I'm one of those who doesn't see the need to buy something that isn't going to be used often. Once, we had a plastic disk for sledding on rare occasions when we went to the mountains, but my family got rid of that at a garage sale as it was just taking up space in the garage. Still, I don't think it's funny to directly aim for a cat or any other animal while sledding.

Coming from someone that lives in a place where it snows nearly 9 months out of the year...no. No one does that. They probably just do it to promote how they buy used to save the difference. "Gee golly, look at us humble Duggars not buying fancy sleds when we can just use our cookie sheets. herp derp."

Here in southeastern Virginia. it snows once or twice a year if we're lucky. Since we live on the coast, many people here use their boogie boards for sledding. :banana-rock: But southern inland people and people without boogie boards or sleds, use anything they can find...cookie sheets, cardboard boxes are very popular, laundry baskets tend to break on the first run... Very few people here actually buy sleds/disks and keep them stored in case of snow. Also, the great majority of homeowners do NOT own snow shovels, either, because IF we get snow, it melts the next day or the day after; no need to shovel. So I give the Duggars a pass on not owning sleds, much as I hate to give them a pass on ANYTHING. Aiming for the cat has me enraged, tho... :evil:

I see now, thank you all for the sledding explanations. I don't think I've ever seen the plastic sledding disks at Target down here. The cookie sheet sort of makes sense now, it might go faster on the snow. The only time I've ever used a cardboard box was to sled down the stairs when I was a kid. :lol:

And I am so glad I have never had to shovel snow.

"Every person has to make the decision for themselves and adoption is the loving option," he says.

No way, did he really say that? Coming from Josh that just sounds really hypocritical if not fake.

So humble, yet not above asking for 10's of thousands of dollars of gifts from every kitchen gadget imaginable to guns and kayaks- They might not buy, but they sure will ask for and accept any and all material things available and desirable.

Yeah well, these are the people who refuse government assistance but happily accept food donations from local churches. (pre TLC) I think the kids have grown up being given things, first by their local churches and probably friends/family and later by TLC. They would see being given things as normal.

If I recall correctly, Michelle said something about how a vet told her to put all those kittens together in a pitcher to keep them warm while the Duggars were caring for them. I've never had a vet tell me this before, and I've taken care of lots of cats in the past. Anyone here a vet, or been told by a vet to keep a litter of kittens warm by shoving them all in a pitcher together? Poor little things looked squashed and miserable.

Me personally, I don't think any of the Duggar couples are legitimately interested in adopting children. I think this is something they just tell the public in between pregnancies as a form of Duggar spin: "Oh, well we may not be pregnant yet/right now, but we just want you all to know that we're always thinking of ways to get a blessing, so we might totally adopt soon!" That way it keeps talk down amongst the masses of possible birth control options for the younger couples.

In a box lined with newspaper and near the fire, a heater or an open oven door was the advice we got. Pitcher? No. What happens when they go to the toilet? Nothing to absorb the waste except each other.

If I recall correctly, Michelle said something about how a vet told her to put all those kittens together in a pitcher to keep them warm while the Duggars were caring for them. I've never had a vet tell me this before, and I've taken care of lots of cats in the past. Anyone here a vet, or been told by a vet to keep a litter of kittens warm by shoving them all in a pitcher together? Poor little things looked squashed and miserable.

Me personally, I don't think any of the Duggar couples are legitimately interested in adopting children. I think this is something they just tell the public in between pregnancies as a form of Duggar spin: "Oh, well we may not be pregnant yet/right now, but we just want you all to know that we're always thinking of ways to get a blessing, so we might totally adopt soon!" That way it keeps talk down amongst the masses of possible birth control options for the younger couples.

Given the Duggar penchant for saying JD is a cop and Jill is a midwife, undoubtedly Michelle's version of a vet is equally unqualified.

Given the Duggar penchant for saying JD is a cop and Jill is a midwife, undoubtedly Michelle's version of a vet is equally unqualified.

vet = google

Let's not forget Mitt Romney did his mission trip in the south of France...it must have been rough. I wonder how many heathens he converted?

Good maybe I even meet him here where the prostestant rate is about 30^% and the atheist rate is like 60 % xD

the Christian version of it Google and Duggers are like oil and water

Fuck. There IS a christian google

search.jesus.net

Archived