IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 9

happy atheist

Maybe she's trying to generate hits (and money) by dishing on fake new Duggar information. Or she could just be in it for the attention.

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like our favorite fake blogger is having a fake visit with the Duggars. I get that the blog is funny and fake, but it's also a bit creepy. Am I the only one who thinks that?

*Hope it's cool to post the entirety of the public blog post.

I guess people busted her because she removed that post. I can see people calling her on all the inconsistencies with that; her kids are in private school; not homeschool so she'd have had to pull them out. And they were just sick with really bad coughs. And she's pregnant with twins. And would she be saying she was taking those photos of J & M and Josie and her buddy team? So, once she found she couldn't have fun with it anymore, delete. Thanks for keeping it; it's very highly amusing.

What's the point of that blog? Is it supposed to be funny?

This is my question...is it satire? I know it's fake...and it's kinda funny at times, but very weird too... :whistle:

I say keep the articles coming. Karma's a bitch and the Duggars have it coming in spades. Hopefully the younger children will have a better life in the future.

So according to Pickles and Hairspray, Jill, as well as Derick, joined the rest of the family for the mission trip to El Salvador. I also saw that Cooper Dauer is there 8-). Anyways, doesn't that seem kind of foolhardy? There are so many different parasites and bacteria that Jill has not built up immunity to as she is not a native to the area, not to mention viruses like Chikungunya are pretty common down there. Why put yourself and your unborn out there for that type of risk? Even if you don't drink the water, you still have to brush your teeth, prepare food with it. Why make pregnancy more miserable and potentially dangerous than it has to be?

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
a close family member of mine went on a trip to Belize and got a viral infection when she was around 13, 14 weeks along. She got sick and healed up, but the baby was born severely disabled with a host of issues, the most major being an underdeveloped brain. The childs doctors suspect that the virus disrupted his development in utero. With Jilly being further along than my family member, I dont know if the same risks still apply but im sure that there are still developmental risks there, like with excessive drinking or drug use.

And Walmart corporate must have an excellent vacation policy for pretty recently hired Derick to be able to take a trip like this, not to mention the days im sure he will take off when baby boy Dillard is born. Im jealous!

I doubt that walmart has generous leave - even at headquarters. Derek would have been fired if he wasn't famous and the leg humpers did not shop at Walmart. I doubt that he is getting paid leave. Thank goodness for TLC money, right?

This is my question...is it satire? I know it's fake...and it's kinda funny at times, but very weird too... :whistle:

Yes, it is supposed to be poking fun at the fundy lifestyle and the Duggars. The blogger is not the best or most creative writer, though. Many FJers could do better.

http://www.mbcpathway.com/2014/12/09/duggars-share-love-story-at-hlgu-banquet/

Looks like JB & Michelle know all about the negative feedback, petitions, etc., but don't care. They "love" their detractors but know they are #1 for TLC and won't be going anywhere.

That part about being the #1 show on TLC and having 50,000 facebook likes in a week makes me think fame has gone to Mr. Duggars head, and he doesn't even care about trying to look humble anymore.

By the way, when he said it was a small group of detractors, I got the feeling he was thinking about us. However, it wasn't a small amount of people who signed that petition. Can someone compare the amount of views their show gets to the amount of signatures on the petition and give a percentage?

Looks like JB & Michelle know all about the negative feedback, petitions, etc., but don't care. They "love" their detractors but know they are #1 for TLC and won't be going anywhere.

Teasing the bears, I say. Should have just turned the other cheek...

I don't think Jill should be at super high risk - I'm sure she's drinking bottled water and eating cooked food. Even parasites are really exaggerated oftentimes. The most common ones are pretty easy to cure and tend to only be dangerous if you're malnourished. A lot of people take anti-parasitic meds while traveling anyway - you can buy some for under $20 without a prescription, and in developing countries, they often sell all parasite meds over the counter, including ones that require a prescription in the US. I know the non-prescription meds are safe for pregnant women, though I'm not sure about the prescription ones. Anyway, I'm sure Jill knows her risks.

I don't really see what the big deal is about Derick taking time off, either. Whether it's paid or unpaid, I really doubt he's getting any benefits Walmart doesn't give their other salaried workers. I know Walmart pay sucks overall, but he is a salaried, full-time, "permanent" employee there. He probably gets basic but decent benefits.

I mean, I think the type of mission trip they do is stupid and ineffective, but...picking apart every detail of their trip is a little over the top. Jill's not THAT stupid, I really doubt she's going to be drinking water from a creek and eating raw fish while she's in El Salvador. And yeah, watching a bunch of delusional white people go into another country so they can take a bunch of photos of them holding poor brown skinned babies, and feel overwhelmed with pity just so they can get their white savior fix is pretty hard to watch sometimes. They're incredibly ignorant, but I guess they mean well. I just wish people would stop thinking they are doing anything except making themselves feel better when they go into other countries and think they're making an impact in 6 days or something.

When did Derick come back from Nepal? Any chance he has been at Wal-Mart a year? I know they have vacation days starting at a year, or maybe he just requested the time off, they gave it to him, and its unpaid.

When did Derick come back from Nepal? Any chance he has been at Wal-Mart a year? I know they have vacation days starting at a year, or maybe he just requested the time off, they gave it to him, and its unpaid.

According to his resume on LinkedIn, he has not been there a year. Derick started his Walmart job in Feb. 2014.

According to his resume on LinkedIn, he has not been there a year. Derick started his Walmart job in Feb. 2014.

And has taken time off for his honeymoon, a NYC press tour, and now El Salvador. Must be nice.

From the article: “They won’t succeed,†he said. “Our show is the number one show on TLC. We love everybody. It’s a small group creating this fuss. All it has done is give us more exposure. We’ve gained 50,000 Facebook fans last week. God is expanding our borders through the national media.â€

Be careful Jim Bob. You may want to read up on that bible of yours about pride.

Proverbs 16:18 - Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.

I have other verses I can whip out too.

And extra security? :roll:

I think the fall is going to be losing their kids. Those howlers aren't going to stay fundie. Good for the kids, if they can manage to make it in the real world in spite of their fucked up childhoods. But at the end of their lives i think JB & Michelle will look back and realize they lost out on their highest ideals by deluding themselves that they had some kind of "ministry" selling their family for fame and fortune.

From the article: “They won’t succeed,†he said. “Our show is the number one show on TLC. We love everybody. It’s a small group creating this fuss. All it has done is give us more exposure. We’ve gained 50,000 Facebook fans last week. God is expanding our borders through the national media.â€

Be careful Jim Bob. You may want to read up on that bible of yours about pride.

Proverbs 16:18 - Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.

I have other verses I can whip out too.

And extra security? :roll:

Of COURSE they need extra security! Otherwise some meanie from Free Jinger might show up and tell them how wrong they are for hating! Or a gay couple might kiss in front of them! Horrors!

The Duggars' aren't as big as they think they are. They don't let their kids date, but J'Chelle and Boob dated, and are married 30 years later. Stop being hypocrites, and let your children make their own choices for once in their lives.

I just don't hear Boob saying anything like that. It's sounds a bit too "informed". Is their show the #1 show on TLC? It seems like you go to a fan page for any of their popular shows and they claim it's the number one show.

Little does he know how many of those 50,000 Facebook fans are in actuality, the "haters".

So according to Pickles and Hairspray, Jill, as well as Derick, joined the rest of the family for the mission trip to El Salvador. I also saw that Cooper Dauer is there 8-). Anyways, doesn't that seem kind of foolhardy? There are so many different parasites and bacteria that Jill has not built up immunity to as she is not a native to the area, not to mention viruses like Chikungunya are pretty common down there. Why put yourself and your unborn out there for that type of risk? Even if you don't drink the water, you still have to brush your teeth, prepare food with it. Why make pregnancy more miserable and potentially dangerous than it has to be?

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
a close family member of mine went on a trip to Belize and got a viral infection when she was around 13, 14 weeks along. She got sick and healed up, but the baby was born severely disabled with a host of issues, the most major being an underdeveloped brain. The childs doctors suspect that the virus disrupted his development in utero. With Jilly being further along than my family member, I dont know if the same risks still apply but im sure that there are still developmental risks there, like with excessive drinking or drug use.

And Walmart corporate must have an excellent vacation policy for pretty recently hired Derick to be able to take a trip like this, not to mention the days im sure he will take off when baby boy Dillard is born. Im jealous!

I don't know what their vacation policy is for Walmart Corp, but for the baby, he may get paid paternity leave next year. Many companies are offering it now - in fact ours is offering 15 weeks now of both maternity and paternity leave, not only for having a baby, but for foster care, adoption, and elder care if it is a new case.

As for his other vacation - he started in February. Some companies also give a week paid leave now for wedding (some, not all, and I don't know if Walmart is included). My nephew-in-law was given a week when he got married that didn't come out of his vacation accruals. My hubs works for the county - he did not get vacation days this year, but was able to acrue comp time and has furlough days (paid!!) that he gets through his union. So, yeah, there could be other factors here.

So what is up with Cooper Dauer being on this trip? Is it normal protocol for close family friends to go on family trips?
His arms were getting lonely.

Archived