Duggars by the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 9

happy atheist

Is it:

A) Stupidity?

B) Being naive and immature?

C) Does not give a shite?

D) Attention seeking ?

E) Kitty isn't Christian

F) They are evil. Not the cats, the Duggar's.

I showed it to Mr Mitten. He is quite sick of my obsession. I had best watch being down hill of the Mr on a sled. My cats are safe though. With all the snow here they haven't been outside since December. Cats have really good brakes.

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We used to steal trays from the cafeteria and use them to sled. Way back when I was in college. So it's not that much different to change that to a cookie sheet or a campaign poster. I would think the cookie sheet would be more likely, actully, as those campaign signs are often changed over to the next candidate of the party. Who ran for office? Or are these from way way back when Jim Bob made a go at politics?

So it's not that much different to change that to a cookie sheet or a campaign poster. I would think the cookie sheet would be more likely, actully, as those campaign signs are often changed over to the next candidate of the party.

I wonder if they used one of the multiple cookie sheets from the registry. Wouldn't that be sweet?

In the meantime, derickdillard, I hope you'll enjoy all the extra attention you'll be getting from PETA. Only a tool would harm a defenseless animal.

§ 5-62-103. Offense of cruelty to animals

(a) A person commits the offense of cruelty to animals if he or she knowingly:

(1) Subjects any animal to cruel mistreatment;

(2) Kills or injures any animal owned by another person without legal privilege or consent of the owner;

(3) Abandons an animal at a location without providing for the animal's continued care;

(4) Fails to supply an animal in his or her custody with a sufficient quantity of wholesome food and water;

(5) Fails to provide an animal in his or her custody with adequate shelter that is consistent with the breed, species, and type of animal; or

(6) Carries or causes to be carried in or upon any motorized vehicle or boat an animal in a cruel or inhumane manner.

(b) For purposes of this section, each alleged act of the offense of cruelty to animals committed against more than one (1) animal may constitute a separate offense.

© Any person who pleads guilty or nolo contendere to or is found guilty of cruelty to animals is guilty of an unclassified misdemeanor and shall be:

(1) Fined no less than one hundred fifty dollars ($150) and no more than one thousand dollars ($1,000);

(2) Either:

(A) Imprisoned for no less than one (1) day and no more than one (1) year in jail; or

(B) Ordered to complete community service; and

(3)(A) Both:

(i) Ordered to complete a psychiatric or psychological evaluation; and

(ii) If determined appropriate, psychiatric or psychological counseling or treatment for a length of time prescribed by the court.

(B) The cost of any psychiatric or psychological evaluation, counseling, or treatment may be ordered paid by the person up to the jurisdictional limit of the court.

(d) Any person who pleads guilty or nolo contendere to or is found guilty of the offense of cruelty to animals for a second offense occurring within five (5) years of a previous offense of cruelty to animals or of any other equivalent penal offense of another state or foreign jurisdiction is guilty of an unclassified misdemeanor and shall be:

(1) Fined no less than four hundred dollars ($400) and no more than one thousand dollars ($1,000);

(2) Either:

(A) Imprisoned for no fewer than seven (7) days and no more than one (1) year; or

(B) Ordered to complete no fewer than thirty (30) days of community service; and

(3)(A) Both:

(i) Ordered to receive a psychiatric or psychological evaluation; and

(ii) If determined appropriate, ordered to receive psychiatric or psychological counseling or treatment for a length of time prescribed by the court.

(B) The cost of any psychiatric or psychological evaluation, counseling, or treatment may be ordered paid by the person up to the jurisdictional limit of the court.

(e) Any person who pleads guilty or nolo contendere to or is found guilty of the offense of cruelty to animals for a third offense occurring within five (5) years of a previous offense of cruelty to animals or of any other equivalent penal offense of another state or foreign jurisdiction is guilty of an unclassified misdemeanor and shall be:

(1) Fined no less than nine hundred dollars ($900) and no more than one thousand dollars ($1,000);

(2) Either:

(A) Imprisoned for no fewer than ninety (90) days and no more than one (1) year; or

(B) Ordered to complete no fewer than ninety (90) days of community service; and

(3)(A) Both:

(i) Ordered to receive a psychiatric or psychological evaluation; and

(ii) If determined appropriate, ordered to receive psychiatric or psychological counseling or treatment for a length of time prescribed by the court.

(f)(1) Any person who pleads guilty or nolo contendere to or is found guilty of cruelty to animals for a fourth or subsequent offense occurring within (5) five years of a previous offense of cruelty to animals or of any other equivalent penal offense of another state or foreign jurisdiction is guilty of a Class D felony and shall be:

(A) Ordered to receive a psychiatric or psychological evaluation; and

(B) If determined appropriate, ordered to receive psychiatric or psychological counseling or treatment for a length of time prescribed by the court.

(2) The cost of any psychiatric or psychological evaluation, counseling, or treatment may be ordered paid by the person.

(g)(1) For the sole purpose of calculating the number of previous offenses under subsections (d), (e), and (f) of this section, all offenses that are committed against one (1) or more animals and as part of the same criminal episode are a single offense.

(2) As used in this section, “criminal episode†means an act that constitutes the offense of cruelty to animals that is committed by a person against one (1) or more animals within a period of twenty-four (24) hours.

So many of these subsections apply to the Duggars...

^source, please?

PS As a former southern college student with not enough snowfall to justify sled ownership, I can testify that stolen cafeteria trays were popular--they worked better than pizza boxes or plastic laundry baskets! : )

Not sure where the original thread went about the announcement, but Josh and Anna are having a girl.

http://eprotoeu.mtiny.com/article.ftl?id=630918&cc=ND

Fuuuuuuccckkkk.... As much as I'm glad that Mack doesn't have to be a buddy by herself, it friggin' makes me sick to see girls born into this lifestyle. They're the ones that are stifled/ burdened the most. :angry-banghead:

Is it:

A) Stupidity?

B) Being naive and immature?

C) Does not give a shite?

D) Attention seeking ?

E) animal abuse

This is not the first time I've seen the Duggars disregard for animals. Anna wanted a cat to help with the mouse problem in home. Josh ALLOWED the cat to stay. On another episode there is a new kitten. They explain the first kitten went outside and never came back. Hit by a car or killed by wild animal. There was no regret or mourning expressed.

The other Duggars have cats wondering around outside their home. Never have I seen one of their pets in the TBH. How people treat and interact with animals gives me insight into people's personalities.

E) animal abuse

This is not the first time I've seen the Duggars disregard for animals. Anna wanted a cat to help with the mouse problem in home. Josh ALLOWED the cat to stay. On another episode there is a new kitten. They explain the first kitten went outside and never came back. Hit by a car or killed by wild animal. There was no regret or mourning expressed.

The other Duggars have cats wondering around outside their home. Never have I seen one of their pets in the TBH. How people treat and interact with animals gives me insight into people's personalities.

Anna mentioned that when the kittens get big they put them outside and let them fend for themselves. We've seen michelle allow the littles to feed dogs cheese until they puke. The whole "kitten in the milk jug" incident... The Duggars are not friends of animals.

Anna mentioned that when the kittens get big they put them outside and let them fend for themselves. We've seen michelle allow the littles to feed dogs cheese until they puke. The whole "kitten in the milk jug" incident... The Duggars are not friends of animals.

Just posted on Derricks Facebook about intentionally trying to hit cat with sleigh. Another person sent the video clip to PETA

E) animal abuse

You know, its late where I am, and there has been wine, so I may be misremembering this. But I've had a flashback to reading This Here Forum when they found the kittens of milk jug infamy (didn't catch the episode itself), and iirc it was Josiah who rescued them and Michelle made some concerned sounding comment about him being so sensitive, like that was a bad thing. I only remember this because I recall thinking that if your idea of an oversensitive person is "cares for kittens" that says a lot about the other company you keep, and nothing good.

At the time, I probably told myself I was overreacting. But its hard to ignore such a persistent pattern. Even though fans should have been infuriated about many things in the past, I'm glad they're getting flack for this unacceptable behaviour, at least. It might not be as awful as sending your daughters to a creep like Gothard, but its still awful. Just, unjustifiable, pointless cruelty.

(Apologies if that was incoherent, or wrong. I did my best. But the malbec, you see...)

Recap of the "kitten in a milk jug" incident?

The Duggars were renovating a house, possibly the house where Jill is now. They found some kittens in the wall and ripped them out. No mention of where momma kitty was. The Duggars took them back to the house (no mention of taking them to the vet) and put them in a milk jug or some type of pitcher. She had them all crammed in there with a lid on and was quite proud of herself. If I remember correctly, the littles were pretty much tormenting the poor things.

ETA: the original thread

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=13456&p=405622&hilit=duggar+kitten#p405622

The Duggars were renovating a house, possibly the house where Jill is now. They found some kittens in the wall and ripped them out. No mention of where momma kitty was. The Duggars took them back to the house (no mention of taking them to the vet) and put them in a milk jug or some type of pitcher. She had them all crammed in there with a lid on and was quite proud of herself. If I remember correctly, the littles were pretty much tormenting the poor things.

ETA: the original thread

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=13456&p=405622&hilit=duggar+kitten#p405622

They must be the cats you see outside their home. Wonder how many litters have occurred since? Buying used and saving the difference would mean no vet visits. They are in an area that cats would become prey for other animals and owls. Idiots

While watching old episodes a few weeks ago I did see the one where the kittens were found in the house. They did take them to the vet (which surprised me)... I am really disappointed in Derick. Not sure if it is cruelty, but it is very mean spirited and the laughter in the background was disturbing. I didn't think it was funny at all. I'm a cat lover and can't even watch the animal cruelty ads on tv. What if it were his child at the bottom of the hill not paying attention to what was going on and the howlers or cousins decided it would be fun to scare his child ??

I'd recommend that you read some medical literature about the health benefits before you use words like "creepy." A little education & research never hurt anyone.

Here's the World Health Organization piece that I posted a page or two back: http://www.who.int/hiv/topics/malecircumcision/en/

And here is a piece from the (US) Centers for Disease Control:

http://www.webmd.com/parenting/baby/new ... th-reasons

CDC Endorses Circumcision for Health Reasons

Says benefits, including reduced chances of sexually transmitted diseases, outweigh risks

WebMD News from HealthDay

By Dennis Thompson

HealthDay Reporter

TUESDAY, Dec. 2, 2014 (HealthDay News) -- U.S. health officials are poised to endorse circumcision as a means of preventing HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases...

I am well-versed on circumcision. Well-educated on it, in fact. My position remains. [emoji23]

I'm totally lost in how threads are being squished together, but did anyone else notice the way Josh worded his response about adoption in People? He managed to talk about adoption without saying he was "praying about it" and "seeing if God lays it on their hearts!" He even - gasp - said that it was a decision YOU MAKE FOR YOURSELF?! Pretty wild from a Duggar, especially since it sort of implies his parents just chose not to adopt and that their script about "God not moving us in that direction" is total BS.

"We've been married long enough," says Josh, who married Anna in 2008. "We have talked about it, and we've discussed it with Jessa and Ben and Jill and Derick. But it's not something we are planning right now."

But he says that he believes adoption is important and not something he and Anna would rule out.

"Every person has to make the decision for themselves and adoption is the loving option," he says.

Not a nice thing to do to kitty, Derick.

And can someone explain to me whether or not it's typical to go sledding on a cookie sheet? I don't really have a frame of reference here, it's not like we get much snow here in southern Texas. But that just looked really odd to me.

Coming from someone that lives in a place where it snows nearly 9 months out of the year...no. No one does that. They probably just do it to promote how they buy used to save the difference. "Gee golly, look at us humble Duggars not buying fancy sleds when we can just use our cookie sheets. herp derp."

DId I miss something? I posted earlier today on the "Announcement" thread and now it's gone?...

Coming from someone that lives in a place where it snows nearly 9 months out of the year...no. No one does that. They probably just do it to promote how they buy used to save the difference. "Gee golly, look at us humble Duggars not buying fancy sleds when we can just use our cookie sheets. herp derp."

So humble, yet not above asking for 10's of thousands of dollars of gifts from every kitchen gadget imaginable to guns and kayaks- They might not buy, but they sure will ask for and accept any and all material things available and desirable.

You don't go sledding on a cookie sheet if you have anything else to use. People in the South may not have actual sleds like Flexible Flyers, but plastic snow saucers are pretty cheap and they're sold at Target and, almost certainly, WallyWorld. We loaned ours to my daughter so her daughter could use it.

I'm not sure a set of sleds, discs etc would really be worth it. They're just one more thing to take up space in your garage and a lot of people who don't get regular snow don't really bother to buy them.

Personally, I've gone sledding on everything from cookie sheets to cardboard boxes. Might not be as convenient or fast as a real sled...but it still gets you down a hill! Not any less fun IMO. So there's my one small in-defense-of-the-Duggars for the night...

I'm not sure a set of sleds, discs etc would really be worth it. They're just one more thing to take up space in your garage and a lot of people who don't get regular snow don't really bother to buy them.

Personally, I've gone sledding on everything from cookie sheets to cardboard boxes. Might not be as convenient or fast as a real sled...but it still gets you down a hill! Not any less fun IMO. So there's my one small in-defense-of-the-Duggars for the night...

They have a 7,000 sq ft home, with a large garage, outbuildings and multiple other homes where their kids are living. They have plenty of storage space- Heck, they cleared a room full of trash to make a place for Ben to lie his weary head!

Sure, but a lot of people just don't see the use of buying things they won't use often. Me included. We get a lot more snow than the Duggars where I live, and I still like to go sledding. Though unlike the Duggars, I usually do it while intoxicated...so maybe I mind using random things from around the house a little bit less for that, but still. I don't think just because you have a big house and some spare money means you should spend it on things you don't really need or use!

And as much as I hate those big political signs...I guess if you have them sitting around...what else are you going to use them for, anyway?

Archived