IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 9

happy atheist

Late last year I re-watched 19KAC on Netflix. There is something really off on the episodes, besides the amount of seasons. It is as if there has been some clever white washing editing done to make them more likeable. Has anyone else noticed this on the netflix episodes? I felt cheated and robbed! About the only cringe worthy episode was their visit to the creation museum accompanied by JB's stupidity.

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Late last year I re-watched 19KAC on Netflix. There is something really off on the episodes, besides the amount of seasons. It is as if there has been some clever white washing editing done to make them more likeable. Has anyone else noticed this on the netflix episodes? I felt cheated and robbed! About the only cringe worthy episode was their visit to the creation museum accompanied by JB's stupidity.

Yes, they whitewash reality TV shows for repeat episodes.

For ex, during Jill's wedding episode, they deleted the part where Jill says they didn't know if Cathy would make it at all (she actually said it twice, IIRC).

For ex, during Jill's wedding episode, they deleted the part where Jill says they didn't know if Cathy would make it at all (she actually said it twice, IIRC).

Thank you SassyPants. It was such a let down! I had never watched any Reality Tv in repeats. I did once log a reality tv show....sadly not any of the duggars shows, but I did get a real eye opening experience on seeing how the raw footage was twisted, I mean edited to be more sensational for ratings.

Producer asked Michelle does she feel she is reinforcing gender stereotypes by having the older girls do all the cooking and cleaning..

She said no because some gender attributes you can't get around and its ingrained in their personality due to their gender. So basically girls are born wanting to cook and clean :roll:

Episodes on Discovery Life have been scrubbed !

The clip with JimBob nailing poor 'siah with the paintballs was missing.

It was so telling in the NYC trip... after Little Jackson was lost then found in the NYC airport, he is on the lap of one of the Sister Moms being comforted by her and his siblings. J'chelle is in the far, far background on her cell phone. :wtf:

Even if I had an emergency call to make, my boy would be on my lap getting hugs, while I'm making the call.

Wonder if one of the Sister Moms had to spend time in the prayer closet for losing her buddy.

I was disturbed by a TH with Josiah, he said something about if my Mom wasn't here I'd be nothing, this was in the Episode with the Peabody Ducks. I wish I could remember the exact quote. I know I felt sad for this brainwashed boy.

Now the funky family is planting a garden & giving nasty home perms. Wonder how the garden worked out for them ?

Episode of 18kac I just watched, they are at big Sandy and jb and Gil bates gave a full frontal hug lol..I was like, whoooooaaaa there. Haha its funny watching all these old ones and just knowing how fake they are.

I was reading the jeub blog s.o. posted on the fb site. I was so sad about the abuse, and no one steps in and says hey mister this aint the way to raise kids. Afaik there is no laws on child abuse in the US is that right? Here obv we dont get all cases as social services are typically overworked and understaffed. ok off topic i guess, but the siblings raising their siblings is sad. how old is jackson only bout 10 yo? I am surprised they even let them get around at the airport without being blindfolded to all the temptations...

So basically girls are born wanting to cook and clean :roll:

Of course they are Mullet.

She probably believes that because if they are that way, it means she doesn't have to do any cooking and cleaning! After all, she birthed 19 babies, OMG!!! :shifty-kitty:

Of course they are Mullet.

She probably believes that because if they are that way, it means she doesn't have to do any cooking and cleaning! After all, she birthed 19 babies, OMG!!! :shifty-kitty:

I do not recall every seeing Michelle clean or really cook either. I have heard her talk about such things, but in the last 11 years, not so much.

Maybe girls are born to cook and clean, until they birth their own slave group and pass off those innate chores to other girls born to cook and clean?

I do not recall every seeing Michelle clean or really cook either. I have heard her talk about such things, but in the last 11 years, not so much.

Maybe girls are born to cook and clean, until they birth their own slave group and pass off those innate chores to other girls born to cook and clean?

We are sometimes shown Michelle cooking eggs for breakfast. I haven't seen her making dinner in years though.

We are sometimes shown Michelle cooking eggs for breakfast. I haven't seen her making dinner in years though.

Cooking an egg is hardly rocket science though. Plus it could've been one of her slaves cooking the eggs and TLC asked her to stand there, to look like SHE was doing it.

Once, I saw her make JB an omelet [or at least start to make an omelet] before Sunday services...not breakfast for 21 though.

Once, I saw her make JB an omelet [or at least start to make an omelet] before Sunday services...not breakfast for 21 though.
it looks like she makes the odd egg and omlet and sandwich but no not fro 21 all the others do that :D

There's a short video that was taken on Jill's wedding day. Michelle is at the house during the reception talking to the lady that runs the bridal dress shop where Jill got her dress. Josie is wandering around in the background without her little bolero jacket on (there are other pics of her at the reception where she is without this jacket, too). When the discussion turns to how tasteful and modest Jill's dress is, Michelle notices Josie and grabs her, and says something like, "And speaking of modesty..." Then she starts wrestling Josie back into the jacket. It was like she was thinking, ohmahgawd, the cameras are running! Modesty! MODESTY!

It was absolutely ridiculous. I guarantee you that nobody cared about the fact that Josie was jacket-less until Michelle realized that she was on camera without it. This video is posted on the Duggar website, but the last part about the jacket-wrestling has been edited out. People in the comments section posted about it, and the posts weren't scrubbed.

do they have an industrial size stove/cooker?

I think they actually have 2 kitchens. The one in the front of the house, and then there is a restaurant type, industrial kitchen in the back with that big, room- sized walk in pantry.

I think they actually have 2 kitchens. The one in the front of the house, and then there is a restaurant type, industrial kitchen in the back with that big, room- sized walk in pantry.

I know I must sound like a broken record about this, but Boob may have bought a restaurant range, but those cannot be properly installed in a home kitchen without major, expensive modifications to the house. Restaurant ranges get wicked hot! You have to have proper ventilation and proper structural mods (firebreaks, insulation, etc) to the kitchen before you can install such a range. If you don't then you will find your homeowner's insurance cancelled and it's just too damn dangerous.

Producer asked Michelle does she feel she is reinforcing gender stereotypes by having the older girls do all the cooking and cleaning..

She said no because some gender attributes you can't get around and its ingrained in their personality due to their gender. So basically girls are born wanting to cook and clean :roll:

Oh shit - I was born without that wanting to clean gene. I must be a defective woman.

Except not.

I know I must sound like a broken record about this, but Boob may have bought a restaurant range, but those cannot be properly installed in a home kitchen without major, expensive modifications to the house. Restaurant ranges get wicked hot! You have to have proper ventilation and proper structural mods (firebreaks, insulation, etc) to the kitchen before you can install such a range. If you don't then you will find your homeowner's insurance cancelled and it's just too damn dangerous.

I'm sure Boob would've made sure that TLC paid for those modifications, or at least if he was paying, get a huge discount, possibly free? Lots of Christian minded volunteers after all...

I have A Blue Star range and 2 of the 8 burners heat to 22,000 BTU which was the hottest available for residential use at the time of my remodel in 2011. I also had to buy a specific ventilation hood to accommodate this range. Yes, I love to cook!

Just from the appearances of the Duggar kitchens, they are much bigger than your average home kitchen- certainly size and storage wise...IMO, it would/ should be easy to whip up meals beyond opening cans, boxes or freezer bags.

I think one of the most disturbing things I have seen the Duggars do is giving one of the kids their bedroom to clean as a 'jurisdiction' (calling their chore area their jurisdiction makes me feel sick, too) . It's bad enough to make them do all the cooking, cleaning, etc. but why can't they clean their own sex den! It's absolutely disgusting!

I think one of the most disturbing things I have seen the Duggars do is giving one of the kids their bedroom to clean as a 'jurisdiction' (calling their chore area their jurisdiction makes me feel sick, too) . It's bad enough to make them do all the cooking, cleaning, etc. but why can't they clean their own sex den! It's absolutely disgusting!

Don't worry, there are no stray bodily fluids for those poor kids to mop up-Michelle scoots over them naked like a dog as every sperm is sacred and what if that one was the one destined to get her pregnant.

Don't worry, there are no stray bodily fluids for those poor kids to mop up-Michelle scoots over them naked like a dog as every sperm is sacred and what if that one was the one destined to get her pregnant.

BARF! Pass the brain bleach please

Archived