IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 9

happy atheist

I was reading the jeub blog s.o. posted on the fb site. I was so sad about the abuse, and no one steps in and says hey mister this aint the way to raise kids. Afaik there is no laws on child abuse in the US is that right? Here obv we dont get all cases as social services are typically overworked and understaffed. ok off topic i guess, but the siblings raising their siblings is sad. how old is jackson only bout 10 yo? I am surprised they even let them get around at the airport without being blindfolded to all the temptations...

There are, most definitely, laws against child abuse in the United States, although what exactly constitutes abuse and neglect vary by state. The trouble is that our social services are understaffed and overworked as well. And yes, frequently it isn't reported.

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Late last year I re-watched 19KAC on Netflix. There is something really off on the episodes, besides the amount of seasons. It is as if there has been some clever white washing editing done to make them more likeable. Has anyone else noticed this on the netflix episodes? I felt cheated and robbed! About the only cringe worthy episode was their visit to the creation museum accompanied by JB's stupidity.

In my humble opinion, there has been a ton of stuff swiffered. When I watched on Netflix most of the Jordyn neglect is gone. For example, I remember seeing a barely walking Jordyn climbing the steps of the TTH and then crawling down them. On Netflix we were only shown Jordyn on the bottom few steps. Jordyn roaming alone in the living room is also gone. Not to mention, Jordyn trapped in her snap on high chair at the dining room table all by herself is also gone.

Episodes on Discovery Life have been scrubbed !

The clip with JimBob nailing poor 'siah with the paintballs was missing.

It was so telling in the NYC trip... after Little Jackson was lost then found in the NYC airport, he is on the lap of one of the Sister Moms being comforted by her and his siblings. J'chelle is in the far, far background on her cell phone. :wtf:

Even if I had an emergency call to make, my boy would be on my lap getting hugs, while I'm making the call.

Wonder if one of the Sister Moms had to spend time in the prayer closet for losing her buddy.

I was disturbed by a TH with Josiah, he said something about if my Mom wasn't here I'd be nothing, this was in the Episode with the Peabody Ducks. I wish I could remember the exact quote. I know I felt sad for this brainwashed boy.

ow the funky family is planting a garden & giving nasty home perms. Wonder how the garden worked out for them ?

Is the "right response" episode still there? When JB lines them all up, supposedly for a new family portrait, then tells them Michelle is expecting [Josie or Jubilee] and Siah storms off with JB following and returns rubbing his arm?

Ehhh I don't think Amy would say that. Also, doesn't seem legit because they got their facts wrong....it said Jessa was 24.

The fact that they directly said it was an exclusive interview with Radar means it is probably true, IMO. They would not be allowed to write that if it wasn't true. Usually they just don't list any source at all or say something vague like "sources say that..."

Plus, Amy hasn't denied it yet, right? I think it's legit.

Don't worry, there are no stray bodily fluids for those poor kids to mop up-Michelle scoots over them naked like a dog as every sperm is sacred and what if that one was the one destined to get her pregnant.

I know there are some projectile vomiting smiles somewhere, but I can't find them.

Amy the directionless "country singer" that rides on the coattails of her oversexed aunt and uncle, Jim Bob the over-hairsprayed golf course humper, and Michelle the brood mare and her 19 kids that mop up her sex. Lawdy, this family is a HOT MESS, and the best part is that none of them see it. They all think they're the second coming. :lol:

I would love for Josiah & Joy to be in college, but if they were I don't know they would have announced Joe's attendance & not theirs. But I'd love for them to start college in the fall. At this point I'd even be happy with Pensacola Christian--anywhere away from the TinkerToyHouse

In my humble opinion, there has been a ton of stuff swiffered. When I watched on Netflix most of the Jordyn neglect is gone. For example, I remember seeing a barely walking Jordyn climbing the steps of the TTH and then crawling down them. On Netflix we were only shown Jordyn on the bottom few steps. Jordyn roaming alone in the living room is also gone. Not to mention, Jordyn trapped in her snap on high chair at the dining room table all by herself is also gone.

I'm pretty sure Josie's "blowout" and quick handoff to a sister mom has been swiffered as well. There's also the starving Bates horse that was gone before it had a TLC re run.

Its amazing what they remove, yet the toilet birth and Joshie's nap during labor are :dance:

I'm pretty sure Josie's "blowout" and quick handoff to a sister mom has been swiffered as well. There's also the starving Bates horse that was gone before it had a TLC re run.

Its amazing what they remove, yet the toilet birth and Joshie's nap during labor are :dance:

I am so looking forward to Jill's birth to see what is filmed and aired, so we can compare Michelle's deliveries VS Anna's and then Jill's. I highly doubt a Duggar girl will be filmed in such a compromising position, let alone it be aired.

Who is the woman to the left of Lawson?

Claire Petersen, one of the ABC Producers; she's tagged in the photo.

Lawson just posted 2 Instagram pics of he, Nathan & Josiah visiting the NYC Museum of Natural History with ABC's JuJu Chang.

https://instagram.com/p/zgElWuPfd8/?modal=true

Thank you, JuJu, for showing these guys a bit of secular NYC away from the rest of Duggar/Bates circus.

Oh, and Lawson tagged the photo #nightatthemuseum-- Do the Bates watch movies like that??

[align=justify][/align]

Claire Petersen, one of the ABC Producers; she's tagged in the photo.

Lawson just posted 2 Instagram pics of he, Nathan & Josiah visiting the NYC Museum of Natural History with ABC's JuJu Chang.

https://instagram.com/p/zgElWuPfd8/?modal=true

Thank you, JuJu, for showing these guys a bit of secular NYC away from the rest of Duggar/Bates circus.

Oh, and Lawson tagged the photo #nightatthemuseum-- Do the Bates watch movies like that??

They probably do! Gil and Kelly Jo appear way more relaxed than Boob and J'chelle!

I believe they do watch a few movies - the bios on the Bates' website list some favourite movies, none of them particularly Christian.

I am guessing this is the place to post this. Last night in my insomnia induced state I thought I would play youtube Duggar catch-up. I caught the RV trip for Anna's sister Priscilla's gender reveal. So many head exploding moments in those two episodes with the end all being Anna and Priscilla in unison chirping "buy used, save the difference". I thought for a moment I might actually explode.

The phoney baby j'chelle voice Anna uses to sound like j'chelle was brought to a new high during this trip. Well for me. I think because it was really obvious. As was the artificial anxiety over getting to their destination on time. But nothing prepared me for the experience of having to watch her and her sister be phoney excited over everything and gleefully expressing it with their limited vocabularies. It was like Fundie dumb & dumber.

Also another mind numbing moment with Anna & Smugs was after the cow being born her mentioning wanting a baby and saying "hint, hint" to him. Now why on earth must she hint, hint if they are letting God do their planning? lol And then just having a pee stick available for testing at all possible times. She is obsessed and I think it is going to be awesome later on w/ competition between her and Jill.

last but not least ugh Michael can a kid be more obnoxious, loud, ill-mannered, and attention seeking? Oh silly me he's a Duggar.

This brings me to the Famy total phoney music adventure. First of all it was all completely set up. Her voice is okay at best. There is no strength or control on her part. I am not saying she can't sing, but she needs a vocal coach. The whole audition being set up at a SESAC office and the studio was for name placement. I don't even think she knows what SESAC is, but calls herself a writer.

Her "producer" withholding lyrics and then belittling her was off the hook and actually made him look bad not her. The cherry on that cake was after his tantrum of her being professional he produced a music video that was a notch below amateur. Loved the 'screening' and all the omg's it's me. I also question why she is trying for a country career when she tried so hard to turn a Willie Nelson song into a Britney Spearsesque number. Nothing she sings really screams country. Her whole 'experience' reminds me of how everyone thinks the music business works because of shows like American Idol.

My guess is she didn't understand that Country Singer was just on her resume for the show, not for real. You know like Jana being a Concert Pianist.

ETA Also I laughed quite hard during the boat number. The house was no where near being full. If you see this episode by chance watch how they shoot around this. Quite comical.

/rant. Sorry but I had to get it out of me. Kind of like being excised.

:cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

Archived