IGNORED

Ken explains why Lori's right and we're wrong

Did we know that Lori has a twitter account? I didn't until last night 8-) I like to look through our twitter feed once a day and see if there is anything there that I want to retweet or post on facebook about or link here, etc and I ran across an article that included this:

https://palmsforlifefund.org/ongoing/hungerinamerica/

It reminded me of the time Ken said there was no hunger problem in the US so I tweeted that link to them, to be helpful. Cause I'm a giving person :)

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is so true. I am a SAHM, and have been since my first daughter was born over 15 years ago. My kids are in middle school and high school now and I love the fact that I can still stay home. I also have mental health issues that mean I function better with lower stress - so not adding a full time job is better for our family dynamic in general. (I laugh because other than being a liberal feminist who attends a gay affirming Episcopalian church, the fundies would love me. Hubby goes to work and I stay home and take on most of the household and child rearing duties.)

The thing is, I recognize how incredibly PRIVILEGED I am to be able to make this choice. If something happened to my husband, could I go back to work and make it? Yes, I have a degree and job experience and have kept up to date in my field with lots of volunteer hours. I could do it but lots of other things would suffer, including my children to some degree. I just wish others could make the same choices if they needed too - that's one reason I am a huge proponent of paid parental leave.

*Edited to finish a thought.

For a minute there I thought you were me; but...no...different church. :)

For a minute there I thought you were me; but...no...different church. :)

My husband is registered as a Republican (one of those mythical socially liberal republicans) and I'm a flaming liberal. We laugh that we're both living the political stereotype - he's got a wife who stays at home, 2 kids, a dog and a cat in the suburbs and I found someone to support me so I don't have to get a job. :lol:

So it's basically just her posting links to her blog posts? No other content at al?? Lori, you suck at this.

I noticed a couple of quotes posted about husband and wives. I think Lori took a cue from other bloggers and set up a twitter account as extra way of promoting herself, but like you said she sucks at because she is just posting links to her blog posts. If she was better at she would be tweeting or retweeting stuff from fundie or conservative sources.

My husband is registered as a Republican (one of those mythical socially liberal republicans) and I'm a flaming liberal. We laugh that we're both living the political stereotype - he's got a wife who stays at home, 2 kids, a dog and a cat in the suburbs and I found someone to support me so I don't have to get a job. :lol:

Okay...you and your husband combined are me. I am a socially liberal republican as well. I guess I've just outed myself on FJ. Lori would probably like me okay, at least on the surface, but I support gay marriage and don't cook supper every night.

0_0

One of Lori's leg humpers on FB:

Because nothing says a "I'm not a man hater like those evil feminists" like calling men as a group "selfish"... :think:

From Lori today:

Women will always be the ones where babies are grown in and then nurse at the breast.

HOW was this woman ever a teacher?!

Also,

I have had friends divorce their husbands because their husbands gave the children cheerios for dinner and put them to bed in their regular clothes!

She has stupid friends. Which really isn't surprising given the depth of stupidity she displays on a regular basis.

From Lori today:

Also,

She has stupid friends. Which really isn't surprising given the depth of stupidity she displays on a regular basis.

What, your fetus isn't grown at inside you?

Lori's planning a post on dressing nicely when you fly lol.

The stalking that gets done when I've got material running and nothing to do but sit next to a tank :P

Lori's planning a post on dressing nicely when you fly lol.

The stalking that gets done when I've got material running and nothing to do but sit next to a tank :P

Lori's personality combined with your avatar brought up an interesting visual image re: flying.

Lori's personality combined with your avatar brought up an interesting visual image re: flying.

If I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free.

Lori would hate Elphaba. She's an independent bad ass.

From Lori today:

Also,

I think this just demonstrates how out of touch (and stupid) Lori is. There are no mythological creatures divorcing because a kid had Cheerios for supper. If she is stupid enough to believe that, well, I can't come up with anything because I suspect she just may be.

Like when she goes on about all these shrieking harpy wives, and calls them man haters. Maybe she has simply stumbled into a group of women venting, ffs. There are a couple women woth whom I share bitch sessions on occasion. Sometimes you just have to let it out that if you find your husband's dirty socks on the floor one more time you may kill him. Or if he snores again tonight you may snap and smother him with your pillow. You don't mean that of course, and you probably have a good marriage, but venting to a friend helps you release the stress, and then you can all try to one-up each other on who has the most annoying husband today. But her little turnip brain, my friends and I are horrible wives who don't appreciate our husbands and we must be nit-picking them to death at home. When in reality we are enjoying each others' company and mostly living in harmony, and handling our issues like grown-ups, no "discipline" necessary. And it sure beats calling them out on a public blog with their full legal names. But again, she doesn't fucking get it.

In the original post, though, she's NOT talking about her friends in order to say that they were wrong. She's using the example to back up her point that men are naturally clueless when it comes to doing things at home.

There's a disconnect here. Sometimes she preaches about the need to respect the husband, but somehow if you are pointing out gender stereotypes, it's ok to poke fun of men and assume that they are idiots, and her leghumpers rush in to talk about how their husbands are incapable of doing squat without "direction".

In the original post, though, she's NOT talking about her friends in order to say that they were wrong. She's using the example to back up her point that men are naturally clueless when it comes to doing things at home.

There's a disconnect here. Sometimes she preaches about the need to respect the husband, but somehow if you are pointing out gender stereotypes, it's ok to poke fun of men and assume that they are idiots, and her leghumpers rush in to talk about how their husbands are incapable of doing squat without "direction".

I usually hate that kind of talk, i don't like treating men like idiots unless they actually are. I don't think most men are idiots. We had our kids young, and my husband really was clueless, so was I. I figured it out but realize, I didn't give him the chance to figure out how to care for babies. I should of realized he loved our babies and let him make mistakes (within reason obviously) I think I made a big mistake, I did most of the baby/toddler care because I didn't think he would do it right. I basically created that role for myself. Then resented my husband for it.

And doesn't that contradict the whole "submission" thing? Lori's full of shit.

My STBX is a better housekeeper than I am (as evidenced by the disaster of a hotel room I'm living in)...I move into my new house on Monday. Stuff comes next Saturday. 6 months from now I'll still be tripping over boxes (or have gotten fed up and shoved the whole lot in the garage).

Lori is fawning over Jill Dillard today. Which is really funny because last night I was the "gender" reveal video and Jill was jokingly chastising Derrick for changing his mind right before the ultrasound and I was thinking "Lori would HATE this. She would be all over Jill for not being quiet, meek, and submissive."

Lori is fawning over Jill Dillard today. Which is really funny because last night I was the "gender" reveal video and Jill was jokingly chastising Derrick for changing his mind right before the ultrasound and I was thinking "Lori would HATE this. She would be all over Jill for not being quiet, meek, and submissive."

Yeah, Lori would have hated that. It is annoying any time Lori fangirls over the Duggars. She doesn't realize that Boob and Mullet would never want anything to do with someone like Lori outside of promotion events. I wonder if Lori has read their books. I have never been a huge Jill fan, in the past I've found her to be very smug. I think she is changing a bit and I think Derrick seems like an ok guy and he also seems more likable than Ben Seewald.

There have been rumors in magazines about Jana wanting break away from the family. Let's say there is truth to those rumors and Jana indeed breaks away from the family in the near future. Jana's break from the family goes public, I wonder if Lori would stay quiet on it. I think if Duggar kid ever breaks away from the family and their beliefs, some fans would probably have meltdown when they realize their precious Duggars have never been 100%happy.

From the blog entry

Jill, undoubtedly, has a very easy time being submissive to her husband. She was modeled it by her mother and she has a gentle, submissive spirit. I don't sense any rebellion in her at all. She was never influenced by feminists thinking. She was homeschooled by her mother and didn't watch television to see the many rebellious women running around who claim being self-sufficient, independent and trying to be like men is a good thing.

Yeah, it's good that Mullet didn't allow her daughters to watch Murphy Brown :roll:

From Lori's FB:

If you truly believe that God ordained your husband as head and leader of the home, there should be a quiet, subtle acknowledgment that the focus of the decision-making process has been given to him, not to you.

There is NOTHING subtle about Lori. NOTHING.

I usually hate that kind of talk, i don't like treating men like idiots unless they actually are. I don't think most men are idiots. We had our kids young, and my husband really was clueless, so was I. I figured it out but realize, I didn't give him the chance to figure out how to care for babies. I should of realized he loved our babies and let him make mistakes (within reason obviously) I think I made a big mistake, I did most of the baby/toddler care because I didn't think he would do it right. I basically created that role for myself. Then resented my husband for it.

I wonder if Lori and the leghumpers would ever consider me a woman? I hate getting flowers, and can't stand crafts and knick-knacks.

Grimalkin, I think that's pretty common. To some extent, I was like that too. I'd think "let me do that" when he couldn't figure out the tabs on the Huggies without ripping them, and once said, "wake the baby and you die" when he wanted to see her before heading to work. In my defense, I had just been up all night pacing the corridor of our building with her, and she'd just fallen asleep shortly before he woke up.

The view that men are somehow incapable of ever learning, though, is truly harmful. I've had cases where men didn't step up to the plate sooner, because they'd been convinced that they couldn't care for babies and that even a violent or addicted mother was better for the kids. I've had a number of cases with moms who found it almost impossible to let go, and became extremely distraught over completely reasonable access arrangements. It's a problem when behavior that's actually harmful to kids is somehow justified and even seen as praiseworthy. [Just to be perfectly clear - a mom with genuine objections based on legitimate safety concerns is NOT what I'm talking about. I'm talking about making a zillion calls to child protection or running to court because your child caught a cold or ate some chocolate or played a video game or learned another language or started scratching his butt.]

I wonder if Lori and the leghumpers would ever consider me a woman? I hate getting flowers, and can't stand crafts and knick-knacks.

Grimalkin, I think that's pretty common. To some extent, I was like that too. I'd think "let me do that" when he couldn't figure out the tabs on the Huggies without ripping them, and once said, "wake the baby and you die" when he wanted to see her before heading to work. In my defense, I had just been up all night pacing the corridor of our building with her, and she'd just fallen asleep shortly before he woke up.

The view that men are somehow incapable of ever learning, though, is truly harmful. I've had cases where men didn't step up to the plate sooner, because they'd been convinced that they couldn't care for babies and that even a violent or addicted mother was better for the kids. I've had a number of cases with moms who found it almost impossible to let go, and became extremely distraught over completely reasonable access arrangements. It's a problem when behavior that's actually harmful to kids is somehow justified and even seen as praiseworthy. [Just to be perfectly clear - a mom with genuine objections based on legitimate safety concerns is NOT what I'm talking about. I'm talking about making a zillion calls to child protection or running to court because your child caught a cold or ate some chocolate or played a video game or learned another language or started scratching his butt.]

All women are the same. You are just a redherringdistractionexception.

Archived