IGNORED

Ken explains why Lori's right and we're wrong

For her to say that too many people are too poor to cook is a joke. She said they don't have the utensils to cook. Even in third world countries, mothers cook their families home-cooked food. You can buy almost all of your utensils at a Goodwill store and you really don't need that many items to make healthy meals.

She doesn't make that claim, Lori. She gives numerous reasons why low-income women have a hard time producing a home cooked meal--including not having access to ANY kind of kitchen at all, having to live in less than ideal conditions and do dishes in a bathroom sink and cook in a microwave, not being able to afford pots, pans, and knives (and yes, there are women out there that can't even afford Goodwill pots and pans), and are exhausted after they work all day TO SURVIVE. It's MANY reasons, Lori, not just the one you've chosen to remember.

The article: http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/20 ... thers.html

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That fucking c**t. I work ALL day, come home and cook dinner damn near every friggin night. Who the f**k does this g***amn c**t think she is. I am tired of her bullshit and holier than thou attitude.

Bitch...you had a nanny and a housekeeper...you barely tolerate your husband's breathing in your space. SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU HYPOCRITE.

I've been noticing lately just how bad Lori's reading comprehension is. She is completely unable to understand what writers are trying to communicate. I used to teach freshman composition, and she's worse than many of the freshmen my co-workers and I would vent about.

She is just really unintelligent, to the point where I wonder how she ever even graduated from college. It makes me wonder if her brain tumors have affected her ability to process and understand information.

I tend not to like it when people start bringing up someone not 'checking their privilege', because it tends to be to negate the person themselves rather than the argument that they're trying to make.

But in this case, seriously, Lori, you need to check your privilege. Go live in a roach motel on minimum wage and try paying for the fresh, organic produce for your 'big salads.' Work two shifts on your feet at a fast food restaurant or a factory. Then make your evening meal using a bathroom sink, a microwave, and a plastic knife. Then see how you feel about women in poverty making 'excuses' for not cooking a home cooked meal.

Lori. You make my BP rise.

You are the exact kind of person pushing women like me right out of the organized church.

MY GOD.

I feel THE HULK RAGE coming on and I might just go over there and comment on her blog.

Guess what Lori?? The church is not exclusive to your narrow ideas of marriage and motherhood. Just because you only want to deal with your favorite demographic doesn't mean the rest of us eat shit and slink out the back, so we and our poor little less-holy-than-yours children don't taint your freakin glorified air.

MY GOD

Do you honestly think Jesus only cares about "Titus 2" SAHM???

I tend not to like it when people start bringing up someone not 'checking their privilege', because it tends to be to negate the person themselves rather than the argument that they're trying to make.

But in this case, seriously, Lori, you need to check your privilege. Go live in a roach motel on minimum wage and try paying for the fresh, organic produce for your 'big salads.' Work two shifts on your feet at a fast food restaurant or a factory. Then make your evening meal using a bathroom sink, a microwave, and a plastic knife. Then see how you feel about women in poverty making 'excuses' for not cooking a home cooked meal.

I agree with this. I have known people that are like Lori when it comes to privilege. Lori has always lived a life in which she hasn't had to worry too much about money. She has talked about the period when she and Ken lived in a trailer park. But it was likely her parents were helping them out quite a bit. I don't see anything wrong with people helping out loved ones when they are starting out in life, but not everyone has someone to help them out.

Lori comes off as a person who can't put herself in someone else's shoes. I could be wrong, but Lori also gives off the impression that she has never known anyone who has been very poor to the point, where they are living in a roach hotel with not a lot of things. She always seems very oblivious to what many low income Americans are going through. There are many people with low incomes who might have pots, pans, knives, and other things, but these same people are likely struggling to buy certain food items.

I'd love to see that bitch spout that bullshit after living in a minivan with 3 hungry, traumatized kids...yeah, been there, done that. Homeless shelters, homeless, low rent, cockroach infested apartments...yup...

So...bitch...SHUT THE FUCK UP

Klorien has no empathy, but they especially lack empathy when it comes to the hunger issue. Remember, Ken has informed us that hunger is not a real problem in the United States. Even if it were, he says, starvation is not really a painful way to die.

Lori's hateful attitude toward those who have less than she has is really rather disgusting. I agree with BrownieMomma that it is women like Lori who drive people away from the church.

And, because Ken reads here and always minimizes this kind of thing, I'll share an experience. When I was in late elementary school, my divorced mother lost her job and we had to move to a new town where she had found work. There are four of us kids. One of the first things she did was find what she hoped would be a church home for us. One evening she had the minister and his wife over for dinner and the topic of the congregation came up. My mother very gently said that it seemed the women in the church were not as friendly as she'd hoped and she wondered if the minister's wife could give her some advice. Her advice? "Well you ARE divorced, rather young and attractive. Of course they aren't going to be friendly."

We never went back to that church or any other.

Every time I read one of Lori's judgmental posts and how she spews hate at women who aren't just like her, I think of those church women and wonder if Lori knows that she and people like her are keeping children from being raised in the church like she seems to think is so important.

I'd rather have eaten take our chicken twice a week with my mother, than Lori's organic home cooked meal, served with a side of hate, any day of the week.

I agree with this. I have known people that are like Lori when it comes to privilege. Lori has always lived a life in which she hasn't had to worry too much about money. She has talked about the period when she and Ken lived in a trailer park. But it was likely her parents were helping them out quite a bit. I don't see anything wrong with people helping out loved ones when they are starting out in life, but not everyone has someone to help them out.

Lori comes off as a person who can't put herself in someone else's shoes. I could be wrong, but Lori also gives off the impression that she has never known anyone who has been very poor to the point, where they are living in a roach hotel with not a lot of things. She always seems very oblivious to what many low income Americans are going through. There are many people with low incomes who might have pots, pans, knives, and other things, but these same people are likely struggling to buy certain food items.

This.

Ken specifically mentioned when he was here that Lori was clueless about the cost of things, and he complained that she insisted on spending tons of $ on organic veggies.

Also - there's a difference between living on a lean budget when you are newly married and have parents available, vs. having nothing and no support. My husband and I lived on a tiny budget when we got married, but that was by choice, and we knew that we weren't going to starve since we had our parents around. Many of my clients didn't have that, and they truly were on the edge.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
No response to my mention of "food deserts" in my comment. I'm pretty sure she has no idea what the term means.

I do think that there is a lack of information on how to prepare reasonably healthy food quickly and cheaply. For example, Target is selling a small crock pot for $10, so that can be used even by someone who doesn't have a proper kitchen. With that crock pot, you can make stews and soups and chili, using some pretty cheap ingredients, and have a hot dinner ready whenever you come home. Giving simple cooking classes, along with a starter kit with absolute kitchen basics might be a good anti-poverty project - you could probably get some corporate donors, and provide useful skills long term. So would any project to bring fresh items into underserved urban areas (ie. food deserts).

Well maybe Lori should buy these women food and cook for them everyday. Just remember the people who you turn your nose up to, that could be you. Everything you have now can be taken away in an instant. So Lori shouldn't judge these people

Klorien has no empathy, but they especially lack empathy when it comes to the hunger issue. Remember, Ken has informed us that hunger is not a real problem in the United States. Even if it were, he says, starvation is not really a painful way to die.

Lori's hateful attitude toward those who have less than she has is really rather disgusting. I agree with BrownieMomma that it is women like Lori who drive people away from the church.

And, because Ken reads here and always minimizes this kind of thing, I'll share an experience. When I was in late elementary school, my divorced mother lost her job and we had to move to a new town where she had found work. There are four of us kids. One of the first things she did was find what she hoped would be a church home for us. One evening she had the minister and his wife over for dinner and the topic of the congregation came up. My mother very gently said that it seemed the women in the church were not as friendly as she'd hoped and she wondered if the minister's wife could give her some advice. Her advice? "Well you ARE divorced, rather young and attractive. Of course they aren't going to be friendly."

We never went back to that church or any other.

Every time I read one of Lori's judgmental posts and how she spews hate at women who aren't just like her, I think of those church women and wonder if Lori knows that she and people like her are keeping children from being raised in the church like she seems to think is so important.

I'd rather have eaten take our chicken twice a week with my mother, than Lori's organic home cooked meal, served with a side of hate, any day of the week.

U can't be serious. I guess all the starving people in America waiting for their next meal is all an act

The Words of Saint Ken:

Starvation is not a particularly painful death according to my research because as the body shuts down the nervous system dulls.

Whenever I start thinking that Lori is worse than him, I have to remind myself off all the awful things he has written.

The Words of Saint Ken:

Whenever I start thinking that Lori is worse than him, I have to remind myself off all the awful things he has written.

Whether a death is painful or not i not even the point! WTF is wrong with him??

Archived