IGNORED

Jessa and Bin getting married is really bothering me

AniLand

If there is a bright spot in this union, it's the fact that Ben is continuing his ACCREDITED college education. Hopefully the time he's taking to go to school will delay procreation!

I hope it is true that he is continuing accredited college but I do not think for one min that it will slow procreation. And he is just barely started on college with years ahead of him even if he were to focus on it full time which he clearly cannot. Jessa will probably prove as fertile as her mom and sister and a couple of progeny in, Ben will likely ditch any chance of actually completing a degree. Frankly as pro-education as I am, I wish that the kid were getting some technical training that could lead to an actual paying job off the compound.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Binbob is going to be in for a big fat surprise when he knocks her up immediately and then, at some point shortly thereafter, the sex won't be constant. Having never been pregnant myself, I don't know how it usually goes, but I would think as the pregnancy progresses and you get more uncomfortable, or you're having a lot of sickness, there wouldn't be much canoodling going on.

He just creeps me out. You can totally tell he's all about the...ya know.

I think something is up also. There has been nothing said in People about the upcoming nuptials, and you know they would be all over it. Nothing on IG...I bet we won't know until the day of, what the deal is.

So, I missed it (damn the Cardinal's playing every night, and hubby hijacking the TV!) -- can someone recap the pizza parlor/arcade incident with Ben and Jessa for me?

Ben and Jessa (with Jana observing) took the littles to a pizza parlor/game room type place. When they were finishing up, Jessa said they needed to clean their hands, and Ben said that if they didn't, their hands might slide off the steering wheel while playing their game! And Jessa was all, no, they need to clean their hands b/c it's gross and if they don't the next person will have to touch their greasy steering wheel. There seem to be differing views of whether Ben just has an immature view of things/was trying to make the kids agree it was a good reason to wash up, as opposed to Jessa helping them understand responsibility for others/just being a non-humor having witch.

Edited b/c grammar.

I don't know how to adequately express how much this is bothering me. They are both so young and immature. Neither of them is very bright. There is such a thing as being young and wise beyond your years, but these two don't have that. I honestly hate the thought of them getting married and having children. As a mom, the thought of babies having these 2 people as their parents makes me very upset.

I think Ben is trying hard to be nice to Jessa and her family. Yes, he is a total doofus with hardly 2 brain cells to rub together, but I like the fact that he is a team player and puts up with her crazy family for the sake of being with her. We should all be so lucky. He's not allowed to touch her, not allowed to be alone with her, not allowed to send her a private text message. I don't know any guys who would stick around for that. But they don't have any business getting married. I am really shocked that nobody has tried to intervene.

The thing that solidified it for me was the pizza place. When he told the kids to wash their hands so they don't slip off the steering wheel was, well, something a teenage babysitter might come up with. And then when she tried coming up with a different, more realistic reason, the 2 of them just looked so idiotic. They are so not ready for this. I really, truly wonder where this relationship will go from here.

How about when they were talking about Dilly's house and Jessa said she envisions them havin a much smaller house -- maybe a cottage. She asked Bin what he envisioned and he replied, "Whatever you envision . . .yeah."

Jessa may technically be the "helpmeet" but Bin is the "help-meat-head".

i approve this message

Well, you didn't miss anything - you know she doesn't even have that same ring anymore, right? The solitaire that she was showing off from all angles on IG mysteriously disappeared and she is now wearing a bigger, three stone engagement ring. Girl is stone cold...

I didn't know about this!! Does anybody have a picture of it? Where did it come from, and why the switch?

Jessa may technically be the "helpmeet" but Bin is the "help-meat-head".

Yep. That was ridiculous. He doesn't even have opinions, or at least he's too whipped to voice them to her. He just agrees with everything she says. This marriage is a catastrophe in the making.

I wonder if it will be a legal wedding or if it'll just be a wedding for show/church. They'd still be married in the "eyes of God"... so it would count.

Most 19 year old men are douchebags who think they know it all. The difference is most of them are off being insufferable on college campuses, not marrying and likely becoming a father in the next year with how fertile those Duggar uteruses are.

Yep. That was ridiculous. He doesn't even have opinions, or at least he's too whipped to voice them to her. He just agrees with everything she says. This marriage is a catastrophe in the making.

Which wouldn't be a big deal if there was any hope that they wouldn't be bringing kids into the picture and they had an out via annulment or divorce ... But that ain't gonna happen, is it?

Which wouldn't be a big deal if there was any hope that they wouldn't be bringing kids into the picture and they had an out via annulment or divorce ... But that ain't gonna happen, is it?

Time will tell... and we certainly won't have to wait very long, if Jill is any indication...

Time will tell... and we certainly won't have to wait very long, if Jill is any indication...

Jessa has said, "I could be a mom in a few years" several times in her talking heads. I wonder what she plans on doing to put it off for a few years.

they both haven't posted in weeks practically

I think something is up

I think it's simply after Jessa's latest social media gaffe, in combination with Bin's earlier foot-in-mouth episodes, Boob and TLC PR told them to put a muzzle on it until after the Big Day.

I have to say that if the thought of these two ignoramuses (ignoramii?) is actually affecting your thoughts or your life, it's time to take a step back.

What we have here is a business arrangement: The Duggars put their train wreck of a lifestyle on teevee and we get to point and laugh. In return, they can cry or laugh or both all the way to the bank, enabling them to continue said wackadoodle lifestyle.

They do not care about your life; please return the favor. I have seen fans get involved with reality tv stars' lives before and the results were not pretty. Not meaning to get handslappy, but I am and remain,

Your Concerned Aunt Joan

I'm so glad I'm not alone in wondering how anyone could possibly think this is a good idea. I didn't think it could get worse than Josh and Anna's immaturity and awkwardness, but these 2 proved me wrong. It's just sad that they've blatantly admitted their hormones are the big motivator in getting married.

Anna at least strikes me as someone who would be most happy as a SAHM no matter how she was raised. I think she is genuinely happy with her life for now. Like most, I can't picture Jessa being happy in that role, especially after kid 5 or 6.

Most 19 year old men are douchebags who think they know it all. The difference is most of them are off being insufferable on college campuses, not marrying and likely becoming a father in the next year with how fertile those Duggar uteruses are.

I so agree. By no means am I calling my son a "douchebag" but I can't even imagine him (at 19 now) having the mental or psychological fortitude to a) make a good decision on who to marry b) be able to handle the responsiblities of said marriage or c) think beyond the bedroom..i.e kids, finances and d) understand the true and genuine nature of what it takes to support another person in their dreams and aspirations - and my boy is a solid kid. He's thoughtful, kind and respectful. He thinks things through. But in no way shape or form does is he ready for this type of relationship. He is exactly where he needs to be. On a military base (insert college campus if appropriate) hanging out with buddies and figuring out how to manage the transition to adult life.

I have the same feeling... Regardless of their ignorant opinions, Jill and Derick at least seem mature enough to function in the real world. They are young and have much to learn, especially Jill, but they are not any worse than many other people out there who make it out fine.

Jessa and Bin ? Not so much. Bin really behaves like the teenager he is. He's still a kid, I can't see him raising a kid of his own at all. It just seems very wrong. He doesn't even have a proper job which is so important when you are a fundie and have to support your whole family. And yet, given what they were saying in the episode where they took all the littles out to the arcade, they picture themselves with several little kids a few years from now. They clearly intend to breed as much as their parents. And given their rigid thinking and the Duggar fertility, I see many babies for them in a short time. I really wonder how these two kids are going to deal with that. They just don't seem ready at all. And they have such different characters, I think a lot of frustration will arise from their very different ways of dealing with things.

Agree with the posts here, Ben is looking for sex and Jessa is looking to get out of the house, not a reason to get married. I think it is unfair that JB and Michelle are imposing this antiqued style of courtship on their daughters when they didn't have such a restricted environment at the start of their relationship. Jessa isn't a romantic and that is fine, she shouldn't be made to feel bad about it and I think she doesn't like sharing, she wants things for herself, nothing wrong with that as well. As for having children, I agree, I think she doesn't really want children, at least not right away but unfortunately, if she wouldn't be pregnant within a few months of her marriage JimBob and Michelle would be suspicious and start harassing her. I can see Jessa the Duggar girl that would use birth control.

I can see Jessa the Duggar girl that would use birth control.

Jessa seems to me that she will keep Ben in line by controlling the sex. She could easily NFP, still do some sexual activity, and keep it out of her vjj a few critical days a month.

Ben seems to me that as long he gets his rocks off, he won't notice a pattern or realize Jessa is controlling her fertility.

I don't know how to adequately express how much this is bothering me. They are both so young and immature. Neither of them is very bright. There is such a thing as being young and wise beyond your years, but these two don't have that. I honestly hate the thought of them getting married and having children. As a mom, the thought of babies having these 2 people as their parents makes me very upset.

I think Ben is trying hard to be nice to Jessa and her family. Yes, he is a total doofus with hardly 2 brain cells to rub together, but I like the fact that he is a team player and puts up with her crazy family for the sake of being with her. We should all be so lucky. He's not allowed to touch her, not allowed to be alone with her, not allowed to send her a private text message. I don't know any guys who would stick around for that. But they don't have any business getting married. I am really shocked that nobody has tried to intervene.

The thing that solidified it for me was the pizza place. When he told the kids to wash their hands so they don't slip off the steering wheel was, well, something a teenage babysitter might come up with. And then when she tried coming up with a different, more realistic reason, the 2 of them just looked so idiotic. They are so not ready for this. I really, truly wonder where this relationship will go from here.

To me that pizza place episode showed that even though Ben is the oldest of seven kids, he had no part in raising them. His comment seems like the kind of thing I would have thought was a good idea when I was 17 and had no experience with kids.

I think Ben and Jessa are Nut and Nutschelle: The Next Generation, and that they'll have to most kids out of all of the Duggar children.

They are both immature and even though Jessa is several years older than Ben, she appears to have the maturity of a 14 year old and so does he. They both need to mature psychologically before they propagate.

I liked it when Ben said you had to get down to the kids' level to explain stuff to them.

Ben, you're just a little kid yourself, you ARE at their level!

I really do feel bad for them, as much as I can barely stand listening to a single thing that comes out of their mouths. They so genuinely believe that they're doing the right thing and making mature choices. When I look at them I just see myself in my first relationship at 17-18...when I think what my life would be like now if I had stayed with the first guy I ever wanted to have sex with - yikes.

Of course some people who marry young stay together and are very happy, but generally speaking, it's very rare to truly know what you want and need in a partner at that age.

I'm so glad I'm not alone in wondering how anyone could possibly think this is a good idea. I didn't think it could get worse than Josh and Anna's immaturity and awkwardness, but these 2 proved me wrong. It's just sad that they've blatantly admitted their hormones are the big motivator in getting married.

Anna at least strikes me as someone who would be most happy as a SAHM no matter how she was raised. I think she is genuinely happy with her life for now. Like most, I can't picture Jessa being happy in that role, especially after kid 5 or 6.

I think that is the difference. Anna is the type of person where no matter what upbringing she had, she'd still have had kids and enjoyed being a mom to a big family so she has thrived since her marriage. Jessa strikes me as the kind of person who isn't super maternal (which is fine, I'm not either tbh) and if she was raised in the secular world like me, wouldn't have thought about kids or marriage until she's 30 and then if she had a family, would have two at the most.

Archived