IGNORED

Jessa and Bin getting married is really bothering me

AniLand

I'm not getting a 'happily ever after' vibe from them either. The comments about him being romantic and she's not, her snarky/sarcastic/head cheerleader attitude, his face when she corrected him at the pizza place, lack of money and education and job potential, etc. I can see things being exciting for a little while, but in a few years, I could see her being bitter about not living the life she thought she was going to have and him just being beat down by never being able to please her. I could be wrong, but I think they will be miserable in 5-10 years.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not getting a 'happily ever after' vibe from them either. The comments about him being romantic and she's not, her snarky/sarcastic/head cheerleader attitude, his face when she corrected him at the pizza place, lack of money and education and job potential, etc. I can see things being exciting for a little while, but in a few years, I could see her being bitter about not living the life she thought she was going to have and him just being beat down by never being able to please her. I could be wrong, but I think they will be miserable in 5-10 years.

Bless you for thinking they'll make it that far.

I personally think that after the novelty of sweet fellowship has worn off, they are going to go downhill fast. I bet they are miserable within the year.

They remind me of the couples in high school who were always dramatic, always passionate (either SO IN LOVE or in tears), and at the end of the day just trying to have an adult relationship when they were both too emotionally immature.

J+D at least strike me as a more mature relationship emotionally, though I think they'll have problems as well.

I think Jessa will hate being a housewife and homeschooling mother. She will probably have a major breakdown once she is stuck at home with three or four small kids. Then the older kids will be old enough to raise their younger siblings and they will be just like JB and Michelle.

The only reason I object to their marriage is because I find both of their opinions/attitudes completely toxic and figure it'll only get worse once they're hitched.

I think they're reasonably bright, if shallow. He seems to want her and she seems to want out of the TTH. They may be happy if they can get their roles straight and actually learn what the other needs. It'll be interesting to see the interaction once Jessa has given birth a bunch of times and ages some.

Agree that things have been quiet with regard to the wedding. Could be they want it that way, though I would imagine it would affect the gift grab.

It won't surprise me if, once they're married, a "good" job opportunity arises for Ben some distance from Duggarville and the two of them split - maybe to appear once in awhile on the show. It would solve a few problems.

Is anyone else surprised that there is so LITTLE being said about BenJess's wedding? Here we are about 2 weeks out and really not a peep. There were all kinds of little hints out there about Jill and Derrick. Is Jessa really that disinterested or do you think it is something else?

they both haven't posted in weeks practically

I think something is up

Ben is marrying Jessa for sex

Jessa wants our of the house. Heck she didn't even have to do chores any more while dating Ben.

Jessa is only getting married to keep the part train going

Jim thinks jessa will mess up and allowing her to marry.

I so agree at 19 Ben shouldn't get married. He doesn't have a pot to piss in. Jessa doesn't have any formal skills or education to get on her feet. The one thing my parents taught me is to never depend on anyone to take care of you. Can't say the say for these kids. Depending on a man to take care of you, all right you do nothing

That is one thing I could see Michelle actually competently mothering about: changing bodies after babies. I suspect the former cheerleader could be pretty empathetic and understanding and accepting when her daughter is distraught about her body changing after childbirth.

Is anyone else surprised that there is so LITTLE being said about BenJess's wedding? Here we are about 2 weeks out and really not a peep. There were all kinds of little hints out there about Jill and Derrick. Is Jessa really that disinterested or do you think it is something else?

The photographers who did Allyssa Bates Webster's wedding announced this week on Instagram that they would be one of the official photographers for the Benessa wedding and would post behind the scenes stuff if they were allowed to.

I think something is up also. There has been nothing said in People about the upcoming nuptials, and you know they would be all over it. Nothing on IG...I bet we won't know until the day of, what the deal is.

So, I missed it (damn the Cardinal's playing every night, and hubby hijacking the TV!) -- can someone recap the pizza parlor/arcade incident with Ben and Jessa for me?

If there is a bright spot in this union, it's the fact that Ben is continuing his ACCREDITED college education. Hopefully the time he's taking to go to school will delay procreation!

I think something is up also. There has been nothing said in People about the upcoming nuptials, and you know they would be all over it. Nothing on IG...I bet we won't know until the day of, what the deal is.

So, I missed it (damn the Cardinal's playing every night, and hubby hijacking the TV!) -- can someone recap the pizza parlor/arcade incident with Ben and Jessa for me?

the only news that I can think of worth mentioning is

in this week's newest people magazine- the one with some woman who wants to die

is JB D is being interviewed by A.C Jacob's, claims he is a cousin of JB and there is a picture with everyone - including the grand kids - (not Josh, Anna, Jill, JD, Joseph, or Derick)

and everyone is holding up a sign saying "I am a cousin" and Ben is beside Jessa (Ben is not holding up a sign) and the date of it is September 25. in the picture.

yup sounds about right

Who thinks we will hear the orgasm from where we all live :D

Maybe Ben's, but Jessa sure as shit ain't having one!!

Maybe Ben's, but Jessa sure as shit ain't having one!!

Eh, he's a teen boy. His scream will out last the act more than likely. Think back were any of them that long back in the day?

And their first time will last 2.7 seconds! :lol:

If she's lucky. :lol: I remember what was supposed to be my first time didn't actually happen because he finished before his pants were off.

With all due respect to "delicate ears"...but it doesn't exactly break any time records 30 years later either, hehe

If she's lucky. :lol: I remember what was supposed to be my first time didn't actually happen because he finished before his pants were off.

but that should have made the real thing last longer

They're both marrying for sex. Jessa basically said so in the derby episode.

She says something like 'it's easy when you're on the phone but when you're closer together more often it intensifies feelings'

She then went on to say 'It makes it harder. So we're like yeah, let's get married faster.'

Judging by the look on Bin's face and Jessa'a grin, I'm pretty sure that's not the only thing that got *ahem* harder during that conversation.

I don't think we would have seen this courtship progress this far if his aunt had not spilled the beans. I think Jill and Derek had more time off camera to get to know each other. They are more mature and comparable.

I think Ben and Jessa are in a state of lust. Jim Bob would have put a stop to it if it had not gone public so fast. Failed courtship would be a disaster for the Duggar brand so they are going through with it even if it's not the right thing to do.

For all their talk of modesty it seems pretty clear Jim Bob is selling Jessa to Ben for ratings. I had hoped the elder Seewalds would have a moderating influence but I think they are selling their son for the checks from his air time. Here on FJ we talk about the Duggars being Fundie royalty a lot. I think the Seewald's just wanted a piece of the pie and fame by association.

Same thinking was behind why Arnold Schwarzenegger married Maria Shriver because she was a Kennedy cousin. He would have tried to ride her connections to the White House if there was any hope whatsoever of overturning the requirement an American President must be US born. (Obviously that won't be happening.)

I fully expect Ben and Jessa will be miserable in a year or less after the wedding. I pity the children they are expected to have.

Right now other than normal and fleeting lust Jessa and Ben have little connecting them other than expecatations of their familes and possibly a TLC contract. When the wedding does happen they will be like actors reciting the lines they have learned as "bride" and "groom". It will probably be as wooden and awkward as many of their taking heads have been. I don't think there are enough wedding presents in the world to make up for the hell they are going to inflict on each other in the years ahead.

they both haven't posted in weeks practically

I think something is up

I think she is just trying to keep it quiet for an FU Internet. Just like she did with the first "picture" of her ring. She's trying to be a tease to get more clicks/watchers. Not working on me...after that back-of-the-ring photo, I didn't give a shit anymore what her ring looks like. I don't think I've seen it yet, actually.

I think she is just trying to keep it quiet for an FU Internet. Just like she did with the first "picture" of her ring. She's trying to be a tease to get more clicks/watchers. Not working on me...after that back-of-the-ring photo, I didn't give a shit anymore what her ring looks like. I don't think I've seen it yet, actually.

Well, you didn't miss anything - you know she doesn't even have that same ring anymore, right? The solitaire that she was showing off from all angles on IG mysteriously disappeared and she is now wearing a bigger, three stone engagement ring. Girl is stone cold...

her family might have also told her to stop using social media so much because she was bringing them bad press with her missteps.

Archived