IGNORED

Joseph Maxwell & Elissa Frost Got Married! - Part 2

happy atheist

Looking at Part 1, it seems the Frosts went out of their way to hang out with the Maxwells on more than one occasion. So IMO, they're fans of the Maxwells. The parents (either set) may have even had a potential courtship in mind. They may not have had their sights set on Elissa/Joseph necessarily, just getting together with another fundie family with young adult children to see what happens

Interesting that the Frost family look to be fans / groupies. That is exactly how the Muncks fell in with the Maxwells and led to the Liz / Joe engagement.

Agreed. Nothing about why Elissa is the love of his life. I think that is his way of delivering a huge FU to Elizabeth Munck for whom he bought and decorated his house. I'm sure she knows he got married and despite her feelings for him or why she jumped ship a week before the wedding, she has got to be hurt by his arrogant bragging that Elizabeth wasn't the love of his life AFTER ALL. That's just his way of saying she did him a favor and saving his own pride and having the last word.

Asshole.

Why is that fundies have to talk about the "loves of their lives" in such a stilted and passionless way? It's just so awkward and sounds so much like the person is trying to convince themselves somehow though I understand that it all might be simply to avoid looking as if you are "giving away pieces of your heart" and all that nonsense.

As far as Liz Munck, I am sure that somehow, some way, it got through to her and her family that Joseph got married. Now whether her feelings were hurt, who knows, it's been two years and maybe by this point she's just so over it not to mention being even more relieved. She might feel that the favor done was more to herself rather than to Joe. She might be too busy having fun to care.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohhh, I hope John isn't courting John-Marie's sister. I just don't think they'd be a good-looking match. I'm sure she's nice, but she reminds me of Eliza Jane Wilder on Little House on the Prairie. She has a nice smile, but that's about all I can say that is pretty about her looks. I know, I know, I'm callous.

I highly doubt Joe know what real love is between a man and woman. You learn by example. To me, Steve doesn't seem to have that intense love for Teri that many people feel. A long time ago, he had a corner confessing that while he was part on a Men's group in an actual church, he told them he was having a hard time "loving" Teri. I guess he didn't like their answer, because shortly after they left the church.

Joe reminds me if Ben Walton when he first married Cindy. He was mean and thought he was the boss of her. She was going to leave him until Gma Walton showed her how to take a broom to him!

You guys her parents were probably perfectly fine with what she was marrying into. I doubt they kept it quiet in case it failed, I'm sure they kept it quiet to avoid any harassment from FJ. Whatever you think you're doing, having online strangers research and know everything about you, emailing your family and you regarding other families, is creepy and probably sort of scary. FFS, didn't somebody go to their house at one point?

Showing up to their public conference is one thing, but some people here invade privacy to the point that I'd probably do the same thing. Regardless of what you think, it's none of your business and I don't blame them at all for keeping it under wraps.

I know you think you're doing good by contacting people and sharing info, but you're not sharing anything they can't also find. They have similar belief systems and think alike, and are fine with the Maxwell family,

A little while ago someone found a photo on Facebook from a wedding on NRAnna's side of the family. She, Christopher, and Joshua were there together and she was looking gorgeous and perfectly modern in a knee-length dress. She may save her frumpers for when she's hanging out with her inlaws.

IMHO NR Anna *is* gorgeous, even in frumpers. She just *glows*. She's the only fundie woman I have ever seen who looks truly happy and content, not forced or manic.

How soon will it be before Elissa is photographed wearing a t-shirt under everything? What are those things called? Modesty panels? Binders?

Anyway, I noticed in all the "before" photos of her, we can actually see her collar bone. I suspect the "after" photos will show her wearing that extra layer. Her identity is about to disappear right along with that extra skin.

And I wonder if Joseph explained that to her before the wedding or waited till it was a done deal then sat her down and told her how she is to dress?

Ohhh, I hope John isn't courting John-Marie's sister. I just don't think they'd be a good-looking match. I'm sure she's nice, but she reminds me of Eliza Jane Wilder on Little House on the Prairie. She has a nice smile, but that's about all I can say that is pretty about her looks. I know, I know, I'm callous.

That's who she reminds me of too!

I think the reason they seem so monotone with their talk of love is the same reason they can't eat flavourful food or play intsruments that they love.

Every single thought and emotion goes to god. Everyone and every thing else gets second fiddle to god.

I think that's why it's so easy for fundies to shun family members who rebel. And so easy for Steve to deny any and all pleasures from life.

Imagine how awkward this Thanksgiving dinner must have been for Elissa. She is going to spend time with a guy who her dad has talked to about marrying her. She doesn't really know him and isn't allowed to actually talk or be alone with him. It just would be so awkward.

Imagine how awkward this Thanksgiving dinner must have been for Elissa. She is going to spend time with a guy who her dad has talked to about marrying her. She doesn't really know him and isn't allowed to actually talk or be alone with him. It just would be so awkward.

Agree I bet it was really awkward for her.

And I wonder if Joseph explained that to her before the wedding or waited till it was a done deal then sat her down and told her how she is to dress?

He probably waited until after the wedding, then went through her wardrobe and told her what was and wasn't acceptable for her to wear. I noticed in the pictures of the hike her purple shirt had **gasp** contrasting buttons....that shirt defiantly went in the toss pile if Joseph is like his father.

I was on Titus 2, Thanksgiving in Maxhell looks doesn't look very impressive.

That's not so surprising, if you consider that really Thanksgiving in Maxhell is pretty much like every other day. Well, I suppose the food might be a bit fancier than usual, but otherwise? They thank God for everything every second of their lives every day. They sit around pondering the Bible every day. They are with their family 24/7/365.

Thanksgiving and other "big family holidays" are a big deal for people who have family they don't see daily, but the Maxwells are NEVER APART.

Why do all these fundie guys write things like "I didn't think too much about her" when talking about when they first met their future wives. I guess they're trying to show that they weren't lusting or giving away pieces of their heart too quickly, but it comes across so rude.

Yeah, they have to be all detached and judgmental about the situation, reserved and ponderous to show how mature they are about it all. Honestly? That entire post reads like a recitation of the perfect fundie script for How To Do Courtship. It hits all of the required buzzwords and sounds exactly like every other post by every other "wise" patriarchal rising son explaining how he embarked on the perfect courtship in preparation for the perfect marriage with of course God leading it all.

Blech. No personality in there.

That post broke my heart. Fast, pray, parents, the Lord's will, blah, blah, blah. NOTHING about Elissa. Nothing about her personality, her smile, her likes, her dreams, NOTHING. She is not a unique person he is enraptured by, as a 25 year old who claims to have found the love of his life should be.

Of course there isn't. He's just reciting the textbook, so he can write his own version. It's all a grand set piece. He's just doing his part here to sell the Maxwell brand.

I agree with you about the smiles in the photos, and I'd like to hope that privately, the two of them are in love or at least headed that way toward becoming fast friends and partners, as even many a purely arranged marriage manages to end up. I'm sure that if he were off the record, he probably has much more interesting things to say, and maybe even sounds human! But on the blog? Heck no, he's just giving the expected lines.

I am also pretty sure he called Elizabeth the love of his life.

Quite probably. "The Love of My Life," right there on the cast list...

I wonder how long it will take for Elissa to get pregnant.

I predict Steve will get a rattle as a Christmas gift.

I predict Steve will get a rattle as a Christmas gift.

I think u r right!! It's looks like Elissa came from a family of 4 kids (like NR Anna) I wonder how many kids they will have.

I thought this quite a while ago, in the last thread, but didn't have time to reply after reading all of the posts. Whichever Maxhell brother does the wedding photography (Christopher? I don't follow them that closely) is fucking terrible. I do some high-level amateur photography, and along with my dad, did the wedding photos for my brother's wedding earlier this summer, and we did a much better job than this so-called "professional." He needs to take a class on how to use fill-flash, stat. If I had paid him to photograph my wedding (after meeting all his ridiculous requirements, natch), I would demand my money back.

About the wedding secrecy, I do wonder if the Frost family might have asked for it to be kept under wraps. They don't seem to have anything near the vast internet presence that the Maxwells do, and I can see how they might not have been comfortable with the idea of having the whole courtship be publicized. Steve would probably have been glad to go along with that idea knowing he could milk the surprise for blog hits later on, even if it wasn't his own to begin with.

It's too bad Steve doesn't allow ads on his blog seeing as how they keep trying to get followers (including us) to come back and check out their site each day. But of course, nothing in the ads would ever be approved by Steve except maybe furniture polish.

It's too bad Steve doesn't allow ads on his blog seeing as how they keep trying to get followers (including us) to come back and check out their site each day. But of course, nothing in the ads would ever be approved by Steve except maybe furniture polish.

and swiffer ceiling fan dusters.

About the wedding secrecy, I do wonder if the Frost family might have asked for it to be kept under wraps. They don't seem to have anything near the vast internet presence that the Maxwells do, and I can see how they might not have been comfortable with the idea of having the whole courtship be publicized. Steve would probably have been glad to go along with that idea knowing he could milk the surprise for blog hits later on, even if it wasn't his own to begin with.

That actually makes sense (when it comes to Elissa's family).

That actually makes sense (when it comes to Elissa's family).

I am not sure I believe that is possible... Stevie doesn't like to take orders from anyone. I must say, I was quite surprised to read this wedding news. I took a few weeks off of lurking here due to the adoption of my baby and I come back to this. Well played, Stevie. Well played. This time you got one over on us. Don't expect it to happen again.

I'm still hoping he will be a better husband than Steve. Even if they keep their fundy-ness and bible times, I hope she can have hobbies and friends. I hope he's more of a Nathan like husband than a Steve or a Christopher.

I think u r right!! It's looks like Elissa came from a family of 4 kids (like NR Anna) I wonder how many kids they will have.

That's my prediction as well.

As an aside, so, it sounds like Joseph met Elissa twice when he decided she was the one to marry.

That's not much different than how the engagement with Elizabeth went down.

You'd think he'd try to get to know the girl longer before starting to "pray about it".

That's my prediction as well.

As an aside, so, it sounds like Joseph met Elissa twice when he decided she was the one to marry.

That's not much different than how the engagement with Elizabeth went down.

You'd think he'd try to get to know the girl longer before starting to "pray about it".

But... demure, modest and attractive are obvious right off the bat. And a short conversation can prove if she's willing to be subservient. What more does a good wife need? :evil: All her personality traits, interests, and hobby stuff are just unnecessary extras that she can give up if they irritate him, of course.

The whole thing is an ad, for their deity and money-making ventures. Anything else may be a distraction.

Archived