IGNORED

Joseph Maxwell & Elissa Frost Got Married! - Part 2

happy atheist

Oh, here's a new thought. Maybe Gigi moves in at the main compound house, her house gets "sold" to Joseph and his new bride, and then Joseph's house gets "sold" to John, who will be the next one to marry (because it certainly won't be Sarah). That eliminates that whole "oh, this house was Elizabeth's", right?

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How soon will it be before Elissa is photographed wearing a t-shirt under everything? What are those things called? Modesty panels? Binders?

Anyway, I noticed in all the "before" photos of her, we can actually see her collar bone. I suspect the "after" photos will show her wearing that extra layer. Her identity is about to disappear right along with that extra skin.

Looking at Part 1, it seems the Frosts went out of their way to hang out with the Maxwells on more than one occasion. So IMO, they're fans of the Maxwells. The parents (either set) may have even had a potential courtship in mind. They may not have had their sights set on Elissa/Joseph necessarily, just getting together with another fundie family with young adult children to see what happens.

Also, the rock arch that all the daughters are standing under in one of the hike pics is the same one you can see Jesse standing under in the "7 Reasons Why I Plan to Homeschool my Children" post. (I don't think this is significant, just something I noticed.)

Does anybody else think it's strange that after meeting each other just a couple times, one family invites the other for Thanksgiving dinner? And the other family accepts?!? So Elissa's family drove from (where do they live again?) Kentucky to spend a major holiday with the Maxwells?

"Sorry, Mom and Dad. We're going to pack the kids up and drive to Kansas to have Thanksgiving dinner with Steve and Teri." :?

"Wait. Who are Steve and Teri???" :?

I guess Elissa's family are groupies. I really despise them for signing their daughter over to the freak show.

He was two timing liz for this hussy then? Or Joe was on the rebound.

Oh Stevie cut the crap, Chrisy has already shown the pics

Does anybody else think it's strange that after meeting each other just a couple times, one family invites the other for Thanksgiving dinner? And the other family accepts?!? So Elissa's family drove from (where do they live again?) Kentucky to spend a major holiday with the Maxwells?

"Sorry, Mom and Dad. We're going to pack the kids up and drive to Kansas to have Thanksgiving dinner with Steve and Teri." :?

"Wait. Who are Steve and Teri???" :?

I guess Elissa's family are groupies. I really despise them for signing their daughter over to the freak show.

I think it would be strange except for that it's fundies we're talking about (and the fundiest of fundies at that).

I think it shows that, despite it's name, the 'getting to know you' period isn't about being 'friends', it's really the preliminary steps in the audition process. Everyone knows that the families aren't just hanging around each other because they're all friends having fun, it's because the parents and older 'children' are watching the other families kids to check out their marriageability.

It's just one big meat market really.

I think it would be strange except for that it's fundies we're talking about (and the fundiest of fundies at that).

I think it shows that, despite it's name, the 'getting to know you' period isn't about being 'friends', it's really the preliminary steps in the audition process. Everyone knows that the families aren't just hanging around each other because they're all friends having fun, it's because the parents and older 'children' are watching the other families kids to check out their marriageability.

It's just one big meat market really.

So true. Lived through it as a fundie teen, and it was every bit as awkward as can be imagined.

I think that whoever posted this upthread is correct. John may be starting a courtship with JohnMarie's sister. She may be the perfect frumper wearing bride for the Maxwells.

Did anybody see the Frost family at Gpa's service? Someone posted a link with lots of pictures. (I don't have time to find it right now.) I guess they were "courting" or engaged at that point...

Did they ever post those pictures of hiking with Elissa's family before? If not, why not? I guess they keep the proof of socializing under wraps until it benefits them?

Apparently so, since Steve tells his followers that children need only socialize with their siblings since anything else is an invitation to lust and defrauding. The Maxwells aren't allowed to have individual friends, only families their family is friends with and the kids can never be alone together. If he starts posting pictures of them socializing then his followers might get the wrong idea.

I wonder how Steve sold the complete silence and surprise announcement of Joseph and Eliza to the rest of the family. Obviously, WE know it was to save their brand and save face if things didn't work out, but what were Sarah and the rest of the chidults told was the reason? They post all sorts of personal news on the blog- who's pregnant, who just had a baby, all of that. Certainly Steve wouldn't explain FJ in detail, so did he just talk about evil influences out to hurt their family if the courtship and engagement were made public?

Also, though it's awful to see innocent children born into Maxhell, the presence of the ABC girls and Joshua and Ruthanne is probably the only thing that makes life tolerable or remotely interesting for Sarah, Mary, and Anna.

Although all his children heard from me. All but Sarah and Mary were there when I said I was from free jinger (and yes I agree in retrospect that I should not have phrased it like that) and I called out Joseph having a broken engagement and also Christopher. And then Darah and Mary were told by me there father had them in a cult, they had Stockholm syndrome but there were lots of places and people who could help them if they want to leave and be free, cue hand hearts and "but I love my daddy" from Mary.

But Joseph, through no fault of his own, has been raised to be a damaged man. He has now married a very naive and innocent woman. I want so badly for them to break the chains and forge their own path, but they are going to be in the direct orbit of that monster, Steve Maxwell. I feel so bad for her, and I have come to hate her parents, who could easily have researched what they were allowing her into.

This is so sad and true. Well-put.

From a Maxwell point of view, not at all strange. By that time Joseph had already approached Elissa's father (whether Elissa was aware she was auditioning is not known).

In that world both families get to know each other first before the young couple officially court (Melanie's family did this too, according to Teri's engagement report). A long holiday weekend would provide the perfect opportunity to do this.

The decision to court is a group decision in fundie world.

He was on the rebound! Nice that her name started with an E so he didn't have to change anything that was monogrammed. So thrifty!

It was the lord's doing. A sign... if you will...

(I'm sure that's how they spun it)

That post broke my heart. Fast, pray, parents, the Lord's will, blah, blah, blah. NOTHING about Elissa. Nothing about her personality, her smile, her likes, her dreams, NOTHING. She is not a unique person he is enraptured by, as a 25 year old who claims to have found the love of his life should be. They have used that phrase "love of my life", twice already in these blog posts to describe how Joseph feels about Elissa. It sounds like pro forma bullshit when you pair it with his own words. Like he is trying (or Steve is trying) to convince an audience that this time he made the right decision.

They look extremely happy in the wedding pictures, and that is hard to fake, so I am hoping this God awful entry is simply the censorship of Daddy Dearest. But Joseph, through no fault of his own, has been raised to be a damaged man. He has now married a very naive and innocent woman. I want so badly for them to break the chains and forge their own path, but they are going to be in the direct orbit of that monster, Steve Maxwell. I feel so bad for her, and I have come to hate her parents, who could easily have researched what they were allowing her into.

Agreed. I have hope that maybe some part of him will say "treating another human like this feels wrong" and break free. But I'm also realistic.

Here's my speculation on the steps leading to this marriage: 1. After the Munck dump, Steve's narcissistic pride really takes a hit because "looking good" is one of his biggest idols. Steve scans the market of suitable families with daughters and decides on one. 2. Steve arranges family visits where Joseph and perspective daughter in law can look at each other across the room. 3. Steve talks to Elissa's father to make one last check that the family has proper Christian credentials. 4.Steve informs Joseph that God has put it on his heart that Elissa is "the one" and that he should go to Elissa's father for permission to court. 5. Elissa is the last to know and the last link in the process.

Something is definitely up with Sarah's hair. Check out the 2012 pics compared to the recent ones. Her hair has thinned and looks wear. Poor Poor Sarah. I hope she is okay

Do the Maxwells believe that going to see a doctor is a sin? Given Melanie's difficult pregnancies, I would hope not. I hope that if Sarah notices something "not right" about herself (hair, skin, other things, etc.), she would not consider it wrong to go see a physician.

Good lord, I just realized the steps she probably would have to go through. First, she would have to prayerfully consider the fact that something might be wrong and not just a "sin" in her life for which she is being punished. Then of course, she would have to go and ask Daddy for permission to go out into the evil world and see a science-believing physician. I am sure that Teri and Steve (oh hell, the whole family) would be called to a special prayer meeting so they know that it is god's will that Sarah see a doctor. I wonder if they have a regular primary doctor. I cannot imagine it would be a woman, but are the Maxwell "girls" allowed to see a man?

Though I joke about the Maxwells and their freakishness, I sincerely hope that nothing is wrong with Sarah and that a simple doctor's appointment for a check up/blood tests would not be out of the realm of possibility for her.

Here's my speculation on the steps leading to this marriage: 1. After the Munck dump, Steve's narcissistic pride really takes a hit because "looking good" is one of his biggest idols. Steve scans the market of suitable families with daughters and decides on one. 2. Steve arranges family visits where Joseph and perspective daughter in law can look at each other across the room. 3. Steve talks to Elissa's father to make one last check that the family has proper Christian credentials. 4.Steve informs Joseph that God has put it on his heart that Elissa is "the one" and that he should go to Elissa's father for permission to court. 5. Elissa is the last to know and the last link in the process.

Bingo. You've summed it up perfectly.

Oh, and the "I really didn't think about her much/pay her any heed at the beginning" nonsense? That's all part of the Fundie Parents De-Sexing Their Kids syndrome. We've seen it here many times before, with the frosty no-touch engagement photos, and the addlepated, "golly-gee-whillikers-we-were-the-last-to-know!" courtship stories. Because God forbid people should feel so much as a molecule of physical attraction for one another.

Bingo. You've summed it up perfectly.

Oh, and the "I really didn't think about her much/pay her any heed at the beginning" nonsense? That's all part of the Fundie Parents De-Sexing Their Kids syndrome. We've seen it here many times before, with the frosty no-touch engagement photos, and the addlepated, "golly-gee-whillikers-we-were-the-last-to-know!" courtship stories. Because God forbid people should feel so much as a molecule of physical attraction for one another.

I wonder what Bible these nutsos read. Even JESUS touched people in the NT, for crying out loud.

Do the Maxwells believe that going to see a doctor is a sin? Given Melanie's difficult pregnancies, I would hope not. I hope that if Sarah notices something "not right" about herself (hair, skin, other things, etc.), she would not consider it wrong to go see a physician.

Good lord, I just realized the steps she probably would have to go through. First, she would have to prayerfully consider the fact that something might be wrong and not just a "sin" in her life for which she is being punished. Then of course, she would have to go and ask Daddy for permission to go out into the evil world and see a science-believing physician. I am sure that Teri and Steve (oh hell, the whole family) would be called to a special prayer meeting so they know that it is god's will that Sarah see a doctor. I wonder if they have a regular primary doctor. I cannot imagine it would be a woman, but are the Maxwell "girls" allowed to see a man?

Though I joke about the Maxwells and their freakishness, I sincerely hope that nothing is wrong with Sarah and that a simple doctor's appointment for a check up/blood tests would not be out of the realm of possibility for her.

There was a Dad's Corner several years ago where Steve talked about Mary seeing an orthodontist.

The orthodontist was a woman!!! I was shocked, but obviously the Maxwells have no problem getting over their disapproval of working women when it's to their benefit.

Of course, the purpose of the Corner was to bitch about this doctor having the gall to ask Mary her opinion, so maybe Steve didn't mind revealing this doctor was a woman.

Did they ever post those pictures of hiking with Elissa's family before? If not, why not? I guess they keep the proof of socializing under wraps until it benefits them?

Looks like Nathan and Melanie got away with not attending Thanksgiving dinner with the fam!! Good for them.

I noticed the lack of Nathan and Melanie in the photo as well. They must have been at her parents' house having what some would call a good time.

The November visit explains why work resumed at Joseph's house in October.

From a Maxwell point of view, not at all strange. By that time Joseph had already approached Elissa's father (whether Elissa was aware she was auditioning is not known).

In that world both families get to know each other first before the young couple officially court (Melanie's family did this too, according to Teri's engagement report). A long holiday weekend would provide the perfect opportunity to do this.

The decision to court is a group decision in fundie world.

I always wonder if Melanie's parents felt trepidation about their daughter marrying into the Maxwell clan. Of course Steve was moderately less crazy then. Heck, Nathan and Melanie were allowed to touch each other before they were married.

Archived