IGNORED

Joseph Maxwell & Elissa Frost Got Married! - Part 2

happy atheist

Wow, NR Anna is actually wearing a skirt and top instead of a frumper! In the pregnancy post, she us also wearing a skirt and top. Though, she and Chris match, blue/tan.

Now why isn't Joshie sitting next to his cousins in the family pic? He's to big for Chris to be holding him like a toddler. I guess Chris is showing his control over his family.

Chris does always seem to have his hands on Joshua AND Anna. He seems very possessive. What are they going to do when baby #3 arrives? He can't hold two children AND his wife. Or can he? It will be fun to see how he manages to prove ownership of so many people at once.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris does always seem to have his hands on Joshua AND Anna. He seems very possessive. What are they going to do when baby #3 arrives? He can't hold two children AND his wife. Or can he? It will be fun to see how he manages to prove ownership of so many people at once.

I predict a photo of Chris holding Ruthanne with one arm, his other arm around Anna, Anna holding the new baby, and little Joshua either holding Anna's hand or standing extremely close to Chris.

I wonder if the Maxwell "family" will go out of their way to host a welcome to Maxhell for the new bride, complete with meatless burritos.

My theory about Christopher's possessiveness is that he had to wait SO LONG for a wife and kids, that now he can't/won't let them go. Subconciously atleast. Poor brainwashed guy.

Either that or the role of husband and father is pretty much the same as the role of dictator and general control freak in his mind. Hardly surprising considering his role models.

From the latest Wedding comments:

Rebecca K. says:

I know this is practically the first comment I’ve left about the wedding pictures, but I kind of wanted to wait to see all of them. It looked beautiful and joyful! I enjoyed seeing these lovely pictures. Thanks for sharing your special day with us. And congratulations to Joseph and Elissa. God bless.

Rebecca

—-

Thanks so much, Rebecca!

Awww sounds like she realises that this ship has sailed!1!

Another comment from Simone from Germany who says:

(of course non christian weddings also have dancing, drinking…).

I wonder if this was one of us who just wanted to snark about the dancing and drinking or do these sheep believe that Christians don't dance or booze?

My theory about Christopher's possessiveness is that he had to wait SO LONG for a wife and kids, that now he can't/won't let them go. Subconciously atleast. Poor brainwashed guy.

Interesting in site!! Have to agree!

I thought the Joseph Steve hug looked weird. Joseph has actually put his head in his father's shoulder.

It was very strange. Just like the hug between Joseph and Terie. I know photos only capture that split second and sometimes they just catch awkward moments, but when Terie hugged Elissa it looked as if she just couldn't extend her arms into an actual hug. Her hug to Joseph was one armed. I'm not a huggy person myself, but if it was my child's wedding day I would definitely be giving real hugs.

I may be alone here. I don't see what was so wrong with the food. It looks like BBQ. Pulled chicken or pork. That's what pulled meat BBQ looks like. Looks like they were making sandwiches out of it.

I may be alone here. I don't see what was so wrong with the food. It looks like BBQ. Pulled chicken or pork. That's what pulled meat BBQ looks like. Looks like they were making sandwiches out of it.

And, as often happens, I'm in the middle here.

That looks like pulled meat to me, and yeah, that's what it looks like.

But I don't think I would have taken a picture that features it, with no focus on a person's face or the rest of the table, and proudly put it on a blog. It's not a pretty food.

And, as often happens, I'm in the middle here.

That looks like pulled meat to me, and yeah, that's what it looks like.

But I don't think I would have taken a picture that features it, with no focus on a person's face or the rest of the table, and proudly put it on a blog. It's not a pretty food.

My problem with it is that it looks like they were making BBQ SLIDERS.... and using bare hands. Really? How Maxwellian to serve sliders as the entree.

I cannot imagine how awkward it must be to go immediately from a no-touch courtship, when you can't even shake hands, to kissing and being bodily carried in public while wearing a dress and heels.

The bride doesn't look awkward or uncomfortable. In fact, to me she looks radiantly happy.

And why are people acting as if they never saw pulled BBQ before? No, pulled BBQ never makes the most attractive presentation, Christopher Maxwell photographer extraordinaire strikes again. But I doubt BBQ sliders are unheard of at a wedding taking place in the South.

Christopher's pictures are his usual level of awful to mediocre, but I still see a very happy bride and groom, pretty dresses, cute flower girls, and nicely done flowers and cake. Which is more than I can say for a lot of fundie weddings, and some real life ones as well.

My problem with it is that it looks like they were making BBQ SLIDERS.... and using bare hands. Really? How Maxwellian to serve sliders as the entree.

Kentuckian here and that is definitely pulled BBQ. It looks like chicken. It is not uncommon at all to serve BBQ at receptions here. I have attended many receptions where pull BBQ was serve but it was not served on slider buns and no one used their bare hands to make the sandwiches. I use hamburger buns when I make BBQ.

I predict a photo of Chris holding Ruthanne with one arm, his other arm around Anna, Anna holding the new baby, and little Joshua either holding Anna's hand or standing extremely close to Chris.

Am I the only one who finds this silly? Maybe he is always touching Anna in photos because they love each other? Maybe he's holding him like a toddler because he IS a toddler? And, yes, he would look cute sitting next to the cousins, but they are still on the left side together with "their family". This just feels like me of those times where people are reading way too far into something just because it's the Maxwells.

I also thought it was odd to have a server making up sliders with their bare hands. I think I would rather serve myself, even if the server was wearing gloves. Maybe they were afraid that people would take more than their share!

I didn't think much about Chris holding Josh until it was mentioned here. Maybe he's just an active kid and wouldn't be still long enough otherwise.

I like the pic on the latest post, of Elissa and Joseph sitting by themselves at a table. She looks very confident in that pic. Unlike NR Anna at her wedding.

How do you make up a slider or burger without touching a bun with your hands? We must be disgusting, because we will definitely open buns with our hands, put on the meat with a tong, and then serve it to a guest.

How do you make up a slider or burger without touching a bun with your hands? We must be disgusting, because we will definitely open buns with our hands, put on the meat with a tong, and then serve it to a guest.

I think it's just more common to see a server wear gloves when serving food that they have to touch. I've eaten plenty of food that was touched by someones bare hands, and haven't died from it yet, but more often than not I see servers wearing gloves. As long as the server has washed their hands, it probably isn't any more sanitary to wear gloves.

I think it's just more common to see a server wear gloves when serving food that they have to touch. I've eaten plenty of food that was touched by someones bare hands, and haven't died from it yet, but more often than not I see servers wearing gloves. As long as the server has washed their hands, it probably isn't any more sanitary to wear gloves.

Lots of regulatory agencies actually consider *washed* bare hands to be more sanitary for food prep than gloves. http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2012/07/12/ore ... t-workers/

If the server was part of a catering company, sure I would expect to see gloves. But that woman making up the slider is actually a Maxwell "friend". She and her husband have been on the blog before, I specifically remember them sending out Titus2 orders when the family was on the road, after Grandpa became too frail to handle it. She was doing something nice, and probably no different from the way she would serve sliders to guests in her home.

Gloves

Archived