IGNORED

Joseph Maxwell & Elissa Frost Got Married! - Part 2

happy atheist

Why do all these fundie guys write things like "I didn't think too much about her" when talking about when they first met their future wives. I guess they're trying to show that they weren't lusting or giving away pieces of their heart too quickly, but it comes across so rude.

By FJ standards, I am fundie light, and I have to say, I totally agree. I think your comment is spot on.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wherever Joseph and Elissa were geographically, it's still deeply weird and oh so very Maxwell.

I can just see them now, every May 22, sentimentally reminiscing (a pre-planned, 15-minute sentimental reminiscence, of course) about "the day we buried Grandma and got engaged."

iLPtdgol.jpg

Wherever Joseph and Elissa were geographically, it's still deeply weird and oh so very Maxwell.

I can just see them now, every May 22, sentimentally reminiscing (a pre-planned, 15-minute sentimental reminiscence, of course) about "the day we buried Grandma and got engaged."

iLPtdgol.jpg

Re the bolded, this of course means that even if the actual reminiscence is only 15 minutes, they will have spent much more than that in the planning of said reminiscence... :roll:

Mem'ries,

Light the corners of my mind

Of the day we pledged our troth, and

Grandma was interred.

Scattered pictures,

Death and love are intertwined.

As we pledged to one another

Grandma was interred.

What a joy to mix love, sadness and some fear,

How do we recapture the romance?

Will we need to kill somebody every year?

Tell me, would we? Could we?

Mem'ries, may be beautiful or sad,

What's too painful for the normal,

We choose to highlight, for Dad!

So love and death mixed

We will remember

Whenever we remember...

Grandma was interred.

Grandma was interred.

[bBvideo 560,340:2ni6cfck]

[/bBvideo]

Yeah, it's kind of messed up to propose to a girl on the day of your grandma's funeral, especially if you've blown the funeral off to do it. Really respectful.

Re the bolded, this of course means that even if the actual reminiscence is only 15 minutes, they will have spent much more than that in the planning of said reminiscence... :roll:

Which makes me wonder -- does the planning session need to be planned, and if so, did the planning session for the planning session need to be scheduled, and, if so, how do they do that?

Maxwell threads should come with a warning: if you let yourself think about the Maxwells' way of life for too long, nightmares about never-ending Matroushka dolls or the Droste effect may ensue.

I need a break -- I think I'll go upstairs -- er, downstairs . . . um . . . hmmm . . .

x4HOaus.jpg

And doesn't this Escher image capture the Maxwell life so well? If only there were ceiling fans in it, it would be perfect!

Yeah, it's kind of messed up to propose to a girl on the day of your grandma's funeral, especially if you've blown the funeral off to do it. Really respectful.

This.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he already had the trip planned before Grandma died. Fine. That is understandable. But then postpone the fucking trip! Elissa did not even know he was coming, and I am sure she would have understood even if she did know. Then change your flight (I'll bet the airline would have even waived the fees had they been asked) and go a couple of weeks or a month later.

Also, are the Maxwell "boys" allowed to travel alone? I cannot imagine one of them flying alone and risking being defrauded by a TSA agent or a flight attendant. But driving alone? Oh hell no! Stevehovah could NOT allow that, could he? Think of all the unscheduled stops that might occur.

Which makes me wonder -- does the planning session need to be planned, and if so, did the planning session for the planning session need to be scheduled, and, if so, how do they do that?

Maxwell threads should come with a warning: if you let yourself think about the Maxwells' way of life for too long, nightmares about never-ending Matroushka dolls or the Droste effect may ensue.

I need a break -- I think I'll go upstairs -- er, downstairs . . . um . . . hmmm . . .

x4HOaus.jpg

And doesn't this Escher image capture the Maxwell life so well? If only there were ceiling fans in it, it would be perfect!

As someone who really enjoys the color gray (reminds me of storm clouds and river rocks) I must take issue -- however, if this image were in BEIGE I would totally agree!

As someone who really enjoys the color gray (reminds me of storm clouds and river rocks) I must take issue -- however, if this image were in BEIGE I would totally agree!

True, true. I adore B&W and gray, too.

And those guys are wearing defrauding tights, and not looking up and smiling for the camera artist. Steve would not approve.

This.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he already had the trip planned before Grandma died. Fine. That is understandable. But then postpone the fucking trip! Elissa did not even know he was coming, and I am sure she would have understood even if she did know.

Well, my atheist brother did the very same thing (not that atheism had anything at all to do with his decision; just that cold hearted decisions about respectfully attending grandma's funeral happen in all walks of life.) In my brother's case, he reasoned that it was too cold to fly into the airport near where my grandmother's funeral would take place. The weather was bad, affecting flight schedules, but my dh and I still chose to head to the airport and see if our flight made it out. It did. So did my shmuck of a brother's flight, -to California. Yep, you read that correctly. My brother, who lives in his own warped "reality" on any given day, refused to try to get to my grandmother's funeral, but had no qualms at all about hopping on a plane to sunny CA instead. :music-tool:

Bet he'd find Joe's egagement plan to be a work of art. :think:

The more I think about it, the creepier it gets. It was so incredibly disrespectful. It's going to leave bad Karma on the marriage, a real black cloud.

By the time Joshua is courting, Steve & Teri will be living in a rest home and mostly forgotten by Christoher and the "family", so it won't matter!

By the time Joshua is courting, Steve & Teri will be living in a rest home and mostly forgotten by Christoher and the "family", so it won't matter!

Except on Sundays when the young Maxwells do a nursing home ministry.

If Joseph truly did miss his grandmother's funeral to fly out to propose to Elissa, while his family touts their nursing home ministry and how precious "the elderly" are, well, that's just the height of hypocrisy.

Do we know for sure Steve's mom didn't cut him off? Maybe she didn't want him to be around. I'm guessing somebody here knows details I have no clue about.

I thank he was just that anxious to get laid. Especially after seeing the way he attacked Elissa at the altar for their first kiss/dip/thrust, I think Josephus could not wait another day to know whether he would be getting laid soon.

Do we know for sure Steve's mom didn't cut him off? Maybe she didn't want him to be around. I'm guessing somebody here knows details I have no clue about.

Steve's Mom has been in a home for several years. She had very bad Alzheimer's. They occasionally posted pictures of their visits to her. Steve has stated many times he didn't feel she was "Christian enough".

Here is her obit:

reichmuthfuneralhomes.com/book-of-memories/1871893/Maxwell-Mary-/obituary.php

Because she was in a nursing home and had had alzheimers/dementia for years.

I'm almost positive I remember from the previous threads on the deaths of Steve's Dad, Grandma Mary and Grandpa Rex that none of the Maxwells went to Grandma Mary's funeral. I could be wrong, though.

This has been bothering me since I first saw the photos of the wedding – – Terifying's contrasting buttons. Have we ever been able to cite chapter and verse where Steve-o prohibits contrasting buttons on women's shirts as being temptatious for men's delicate sensibilities, aka arousal?

Because if he actually did prohibit it, and then later allowed it, there might be hope for the old Idol-smasher yet!

This has been bothering me since I first saw the photos of the wedding – – Terifying's contrasting buttons. Have we ever been able to cite chapter and verse where Steve-o prohibits contrasting buttons on women's shirts as being temptatious for men's delicate sensibilities, aka arousal?

Because if he actually did prohibit it, and then later allowed it, there might be hope for the old Idol-smasher yet!

IIRC, he vetoes contrasting buttons on SKIRTS, because they create a visual map to Ladyland Funtown.

Nothing says "I love you" more than proposing at your grandmother's funeral! Maybe he used Mary's ring to propose!

I hope he didn't use any of the flowers from the service as a bouquet for her afterwards.

IIRC, he vetoes contrasting buttons on SKIRTS, because they create a visual map to Ladyland Funtown.

Hane is right. The article says skirts. So Teri, a woman in her late 50's who should be able to wear anything she damn well pleases, is in the clear. Whew! That was close.

Here's the link to the article; forums.preparingdaughters.com/forums/t/3352/

What if the guydoing the looking being defrauded is a boob buy? :dance:

Oh man. I am so doomed. All I can think of after reading these latest comments is Orange is the New Black. Piper's brother didn't propose at grandma's funeral, he got married. Making sure to comment on the double use of the flowers, family/relatives/friends being present, and music.

Somehow, even a funeral wedding seems less tacky than a funeral engagement. Then again, I honestly find most of the Maxwell's lives to be tacky at best.

Archived