IGNORED

Lori Alexander is going to haaaaate this

I'd better call my cousin's daughter and tell her that, since her husband died of natural causes before he hit 35, she'd better give her 12, 10 and 8 year old children to a nice christian couple who would like to raise them (the languge there seems very unloving, but considering the source) She can't move in with her parents to get male influence for the kids because her mom raised her and her sisters as a single mother when their father died, also of natural causes, when they were in middle school and grade school.

This is where legalism meets stupidity and results in ever more ignorance.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I asked Lori what a single mother should do to stay home. This was her reply

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Okay, it's official. I despise Lori Alexander! What a miserable, judgmental person.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Okay, it's official. I despise Lori Alexander! What a miserable, judgmental person.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I'm just imagining those not logged in perusing this thread and seeing all these 'empty' posts... :?

I'd better call my cousin's daughter and tell her that, since her husband died of natural causes before he hit 35, she'd better give her 12, 10 and 8 year old children to a nice christian couple who would like to raise them (the languge there seems very unloving, but considering the source) She can't move in with her parents to get male influence for the kids because her mom raised her and her sisters as a single mother when their father died, also of natural causes, when they were in middle school and grade school.

Yeah, one of my best friends lost her father when she was about 14. The youngest child in the family was about 5. Their mother worked through their childhood so that she could, you know, pay the bills.

I wonder if Lori thinks that she and her brothers should have been adopted out, or if it's okay if it's a death and not the product of EBIL DIVORCE.

EDIT: Ken is afoot, called away from his dentist meetings and mentoring of attractive dental assistants to deal with DISSENT and RED HERRINGS.

Exactly! I'm having trouble processing this because I feel so sick to my stomach. It just seems so unbelievable. So, would Lori advise one of her daughters or daughters-in-law to do this if their husbands died?

In light of recent events, I suggest we use all of our available Goggle Tactics[tm][/tm] to resurrect the "Lori Alexander is a Fucking Monster" campaign.

Lori, you are a terrible person.

Wow, Ken must be semi retired and letting the boys do most of the work if he has time to write this much hypocritical, condescending Bullshit on "lori's" blog.

What a load of shit this is

If you are called to be the exception, so be it. Do what the Lord is calling you to do, and if your conscience does not condemn you, neither do we. But please allow us and others to inform your conscience so that you may make the right decisions to please the Lord in all you do, especially in raising the next generation for God. It is the truth that will set you free, and so long as Christian parents do not know the truth of their huge calling and responsibility to raise God’s children, they will act in blindness and not in the light of God’s Word. Tell us that you have prayerfully sought the Lord for a decision to work outside the home, and that you have carefully thought through your primary responsibility as wife and mother and believe you can achieve it all without missing out on God’s greatest blessings. If God is telling you that you are an exception to His general will on this matter, then we will cheer you on to whatever you feel the Lord is calling you to do, yet all the while reminding Christians everywhere of their first calling to create and build the family of God, not personal wealth, ego and happiness.

I don't get it. One minute, moms are so all-fired important that they can't work, can't even hardly pee, because their kids might need them.

Now, all of a sudden, these same moms are garbage because there is no man around?

Wow, Ken must be semi retired and letting the boys do most of the work if he has time to write this much hypocritical, condescending Bullshit on "lori's" blog.

If you are called to be the exception, so be it. Do what the Lord is calling you to do, and if your conscience does not condemn you, neither do we. But please allow us and others to inform your conscience so that you may make the right decisions to please the Lord in all you do, especially in raising the next generation for God. It is the truth that will set you free, and so long as Christian parents do not know the truth of their huge calling and responsibility to raise God’s children, they will act in blindness and not in the light of God’s Word. Tell us that you have prayerfully sought the Lord for a decision to work outside the home, and that you have carefully thought through your primary responsibility as wife and mother and believe you can achieve it all without missing out on God’s greatest blessings. If God is telling you that you are an exception to His general will on this matter, then we will cheer you on to whatever you feel the Lord is calling you to do, yet all the while reminding Christians everywhere of their first calling to create and build the family of God, not personal wealth, ego and happiness.

I think Ken and Lori need to stop "informing" other people's consciences and start worrying about their own.

The only time the Bible speaks about a women not being at home, it was referring to a prostitute

And what is this about? There are a lot of women in the bible, doing a lot of things instead of staying inside a home.

Of course she clarifies

My reply was thinking she was asking about young teenage mothers, since they are the ones who usually have no father in the picture. I would definitely not support a mother with older children who was abandoned or divorced to give up her children for adoption. I'm sorry I wasn't clear with my response.

That Lori say she assumed the poster was asking about a teenaged single mother speaks volumes. 'Cause in Lori's white bread, upper middle class world, where your 82 year old doctor father still rubs your feet, a non-teenaged single mom just doesn't exist.

What a bitch.

As of 33 minutes ago, Lori clarified her statement. Seems she misunderstood and thought the person posing the question about single moms was referring to teenage single moms. This was followed by a huge WOT by Ken. No, you two. I'm not buying it. You're obviously trying to backpeddle. Ken could read between the lines here to see it all was about to hit the fan.

the last paragraph of Ken's Wall-O-Text:

As I loaded my precious little ones into the car last night, and went from window to window teasing them with a smile, just to see them laugh and grin from ear to ear with their Papa, their mother said to me, “Aren’t they just so precious?†I agreed and ask, “Would you rather be working full time right now?†I great big smile came across her face as she acknowledged that no work could ever fulfill the joy and happiness that being full time with her babies brings her. Smart, talented, hard worker, straight “A†student who could have been at the top of any career she would have chosen, and she was perhaps headed that way, until God gave her a honeymoon baby who has been the greatest joy in all our lives the last three years. Sure it’s tough, especially when the second baby comes along, but who do you want raising the next generation of godly children if it is not the smartest, brightest and best? Don’t think for an instant that a stay-at-home-mom is in any way inferior to a man, or that her role is in any way less noble. In our minds, it is more noble and more God pleasing than almost any career for a man or woman. It is the essence of why marriage exists, to raise godly offspring.

Eh? Is he speaking of his grandchildren and just a poor-ass writer who doesn't make things clear? Was he plagiarizing someone else's words and didn't notice that part? Or did he explain it in his preceding paragraphs (which I read some of but just can't stomach the whole thing)

As of 33 minutes ago, Lori clarified her statement. Seems she misunderstood and thought the person posing the question about single moms was referring to teenage single moms. This was followed by a huge WOT by Ken. No, you two. I'm not buying it. You're obviously trying to backpeddle. Ken could read between the lines here to see it all was about to hit the fan.

Yep. She and Ken both posted 1 hour ago. :roll:

Lori has spouted the "single moms should put their children up for adoption" line before. I can't remember exactly when she said it, but she mentioned it before. I have seen other fundie bloggers promote that or in some cases if there are widows with kids, fundie bloggers recommend the widows remarrying as soon as possible.

I suspect that Lori would sing a different tune when it comes to women who are widows, due to husbands being killed in law enforcement, firefighting, and in war. I would like to see Lori explain how a woman with a disabled husband who can't work is going to support her family. My boyfriend and I are close friends with a male paraplegic and his wife. He works as an elementary school teacher and his wife is an accountant. The wife makes more money, but the husband wants to have a career and he likes teaching kids. He and his wife are prepared in case he can't work. He has a spinal cord injury and sometimes health problems related to that come up and some paraplegic and quadriplegics can't work while dealing with those problems. There are SCI patients with high level injuries that are paralyzed completely in all four limbs and many of those people never work for several reasons. Also diseases/conditions like MS can cause people to be unable to work. Then there are many people with mental illnesses who can't work because their conditions are severe.

Lori has done postings about widows in the past. In one of her postings, she basically said that churches and relatives should be the ones supporting widows. Now many churches do offer assistance, but some churches have time limits for assistance and they often will refer people in need to non-profit organizations/agencies and government social service agencies. My aunt worked for Catholic Charities and she was always get referrals form various churches, synagogues, and other religious organizations that had members in need.

I can't see any church willing to support families in need for years. Last year one of Lori's commenters mentioned how the LDS church gives assistance to its members with the bishop stores and other resources. From reading forums like exmormon and current Mormon blogs, I can tell that in many cases some Mormons wouldn't be wanting to take church assistance for years.

One of the main issues I have with Lori Alexander is that she can be a complete idiot when it comes to women or families in financial need. There are other fundie bloggers that I dislike, but some of those same bloggers can understand why some women are in the workforce.

These posts are sure to disappear soon.

Nancy:

I commented earlier on this post, but it either didn't go through or you chose not to allow it. If you chose not to allow it, I'm curious why? I was not negative or derogatory. All I did was share God's word & refer to Judges 4 and the story of Deborah, a wife, prophetess and judge over Israel. I immediately thought of her when I read your statement that the only time a woman was not at home in the Bible, was in reference to a prostitute. I totally agree with you that God's design for women is in the home and with her children. However, we cannot deny this role Deborah played in honoring God's will for her and bringing Him glory even as she went into battle. As Christians, we must take the Bible as a whole, not just focus on certain scriptures. You don't have to post this, but I'm curious why you chose not to post my earlier comment. I read your blog daily and am often challenged to live closer to God's will due to your posts.

Lori's reply:

I didn't post your earlier comment, Nancy, since I have written about this topic before. We are not to look at Old Testament people as those to model our lives after. Yes, some of them lived amazing lives like Joseph and Deborah, but many of them did horrible things. I believe we are to look at God's specific commands for the way we live our lives. He is very clear about the way we, as New Covenant believers, should live and He has given me the clear command to teach young women to be keepers at home.

And the logical response to that from another reader, Ann:

Why are you using Old Testament passages like the one in Deuteronomy and the passage in Proverbs to support your teachings then? This whole subject/blog post and comments section is getting really confusing. Can you post a link to posts where you address thew NT/OT issue referenced above so I can do further reading?

Ann added this:

Also in regards to not using women in the OT as examples-how would 1 Peter 3:6 be viewed then? Where Peter sites Sarah as an example of a wife obeying her husband?

Blessings- Ann

Lori is seriously losing it.

Actually I think that's the best part, as it contains the ultimate loophole and logical failure of Ken's approach, which is: "disregard everything we are saying if your direct relationship with God tells you to do something other than what we are saying." He's just undermined not just this particular argument but essentially everything that they say and Lori's whole purpose for the blog.

Leaving her with 10% 'real' followers? You're being generous. :lol: I'd say it's more like 98%* checking in for the cray cray, leaving her with just a 2%* actual following.

*Statistics pulled out of my ass a la Ken. :dance:

Actually, if you look at the stats I pulled yesterday, I'd say you are probably close to correct. Very few hits on her site are from keywords you'd expect if they were "followers." Things like submission, wifely submission, modesty, godly, etc. Actually, there were no hits on her site for any of those words based on the info I could pull :think:

Now that we know there is a company that is called Always Learning, I'm almost positive that explains the high rate of search on that particular term AND the high bounce rate.

Lori's reply:

Seriously?!? What about Abraham or David? Are we to ignore them? In the NT, what about Saul/Paul who was a former murderer of Christians who later converted and did great things? You know, I'm beginning to believe that along with Lori's many other problems that she just doesn't interpret the Bible the way many (most) do. I don't know if it's her inability to be teachable (which is funny given the title of her blog) or her colossal arrogance and belief that she can never be wrong. At any rate, she's scary and dangerous.

When I was typing up my last post, it finally dawned on me that really NONE of the search terms hitting Kenori's blog are on point. I decided to go take a look at what Sheila's stats look like. I know NOTHING about Sheila's blog other than what I've read here. I'd never even gone there until I looked to make sure I had the right url just now.

There are the top 25 keywords from the same site I pulled Lori's yesterday. I'm going to take a guess they are a little more on topic, based on what people have said, but I'm sure someone that reads her site can weigh in.

1. best bible verses

2. best bible quotes

3. top romantic movies

4. best romantic movies

5. bible verses about family

6. bible scripture

7. bible verses

8. favorite bible verses

9. bible scriptures

10. famous bible verses

11. bible verse about family

12. most romantic movies

13. popular bible verses

14. sheila wray gregoire

15. best marriage quotes

16. lazy husband

17. bible verses for children

18. bible verses for kids

19. romantic movies

20. blogs for men

21. famous bible quotes

22. women living well

23. debi pearl

24. loving husband

25. best romance movies

Sheila's site is quite popular, it seems. Her bounce rate is around the same as Lori's, but that's roughly the internet average, so what you could expect to see. She also has quite a bit more international traffic, enough that there are other countries listed. Whereas Lori just has 92% US listed. She has about 3x as many inbound links as Lori does as well. In fact, I wish we had as many inbound links as she does ;) (we still have more than Lori, though!).

I am going to eek out some time to look around her site this week. I just glanced at the front page to make sure that I had the right URL, but the site looked nice from my first glance.

Whenever I read these holier than thou, judgy fundie blogs, I think to myself "Wow. When/if they get to heaven they will absolutely shit themselves when they see who they have to share it with." You know, like single/working moms, premarital sex havers, gay folks, etc.

I have posted it, but did not indicate that it was a FJ member. That it one of the craziest things that bitch has ever said, and people need to know about it :pull-hair:

I was raised by a single mother, and Lori isn't fit to wipe the dirt off her shoes.

Koala,

I think you should start a new thread with that post. This thread is really long and the title isn't topical.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Koala,

I think you should start a new thread with that post. This thread is really long and the title isn't topical.

I stole Koala's thunder and did it.

Archived