IGNORED

Lori Alexander is going to haaaaate this

I broke down and went over to Lori's blog to look something up and noticed in her sidebar in big bold numbers she has

Total Pageviews

That must be a huge ego stroke to think that nearly 3 MILLION people have viewed her blog.

Here are our pageviews for Sept 1-15:

So basically every 15 days we get as many page views as Lori has gotten since she started her blog. Somehow that amuses me, probably more than it should

She just hit 2.7 million even a few days ago. I think the lurker traffic has increased significantly lately, maybe due to CM's disappearance - people waiting for his comeback lol.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I broke down and went over to Lori's blog to look something up and noticed in her sidebar in big bold numbers she has

Total Pageviews

That must be a huge ego stroke to think that nearly 3 MILLION people have viewed her blog.

Here are our pageviews for Sept 1-15:

So basically every 15 days we get as many page views as Lori has gotten since she started her blog. Somehow that amuses me, probably more than it should

And how many of Lori's regular readers (and page views) are FJ members? :lol:

And how many of Lori's regular readers (and page views) are FJ members? :lol:

Of all the people we discuss here, Kenori is probably the one whose stats I want to know more about. I never really cared that much about her/followed her until Ken came here. Since he graced us with his presence, Lori has become a bit of a hobby of mine (you can only read so much Kate Gosselin and Sarah Palin, after all) :wink-kitty:

I can't get *exact* stats on their blog, of course, but if you look around enough and know what are doing you can find a fair bit of information. This is how companies make decisions about making offers on other websites before they get the actual numbers from those sites. You aren't going to make an offer on a site that isn't doing well, naturally.

From what I can tell the majority of their traffic comes from the keywords "always learning" (like over 75%), so it's a little hard to tell how much of that is looking for the blog and how much of it is hitting on those particular words, which could be used together in legit ways in other circumstances. Since her url is not the same as the blog name, it makes sense that they would be getting a fair amount of traffic from that type of search.

However, less than 1% comes from searching for Lori Alexander. So do that many people really know who she is or do they know and they just search for the blog name rather than her name? We don't know the answer to that question.

Her next highest search term is "always be learning" coming in at 11% followed by "black salve" at a little over 2%. Those 3 terms make up almost 92% of her search traffic, so there really isn't much left for the actual topics on her blog, if you think about it.

Just skimming through the search terms I can access, none of them are very topical, IMO. Michael Pearl probably gets the biggest share at a shade over 1/2%.

Terms that you'd think would be associated with her blog are nowhere to be found:

"training our daughters to be keepers at home" comes in at 56 with .02% and that was the first one I found that I really considered topical.

"women are weaker vessels" shows up at 70 also with .02%

Here are the top 25 keywords:

1. always learning

2. always be learning

3. black salve

4. always on honeymoon blogspot

5. utmost concern

6. michael pearl

7. unmaterialistic

8. benevolence meaning

9. always on honeymoon

10. always

11. let food be thy medicine

12. be anxious for nothing

13. lori alexander

14. define keeper

15. fooling around

16. healtcontains.blogspot in

17. lori hubby blog

18. mrs degree

19. what is frugal

20. marriage financial stability

21. divorce treat your man like a king

22. sick from candy

23. why i should watch christian tv

24. hearburn cures "powered by blogger"

25. ragamuffin gospel free pdf

For someone that essentially repeats the same thing over and over those are not particularly great stats, IMO.

Her bounce rate has gone down a lot, so that is probably because more FJers are reading there and because she is losing traffic from people that were checking her out and then just leaving. I remember at one point it was in the 80% range. Today it's 64.70% which is around the internet average of 60%, I believe.

She seems to have almost no international traffic (about 8%), but I guess that makes sense. I don't think other countries really live the lifestyle she is preaching. Her only international traffic probably comes from FJ and the other snark sites that follow her.

Right but they seem to seek Sheila out for some reason. They don't go to every nice conservative Christian woman's blog and blast her for not conforming to Lorken theology. Why Sheila?

Perhaps it's because of Sheila's popularity. She writes successful books, she lectures and whenever there's a women's conference or get together online (as there is at the moment), Sheila is always invited while Lori probably isn't nearly as well known. Maybe it's as simple as the green-eyed monster. Combine that with Lori's massive narcissism and the need to be right and voila, instant conflict. CM once said that he's been reading Sheila's blog for over three years while trying to bring her to repentence :roll: and Sheila once stated that she and Lorken have been going round and round for about the same amount of time. I'm sure Sheila is tired of all of it and I can't blame her.

Of all the people we discuss here, Kenori is probably the one whose stats I want to know more about. I never really cared that much about her/followed her until Ken came here. Since he graced us with his presence, Lori has become a bit of a hobby of mine (you can only read so much Kate Gosselin and Sarah Palin, after all) :wink-kitty:

I can't get *exact* stats on their blog, of course, but if you look around enough and know what are doing you can find a fair bit of information. This is how companies make decisions about making offers on other websites before they get the actual numbers from those sites. You aren't going to make an offer on a site that isn't doing well, naturally.

From what I can tell the majority of their traffic comes from the keywords "always learning" (like over 75%), so it's a little hard to tell how much of that is looking for the blog and how much of it is hitting on those particular words, which could be used together in legit ways in other circumstances. Since her url is not the same as the blog name, it makes sense that they would be getting a fair amount of traffic from that type of search.

However, less than 1% comes from searching for Lori Alexander. So do that many people really know who she is or do they know and they just search for the blog name rather than her name? We don't know the answer to that question.

Her next highest search term is "always be learning" coming in at 11% followed by "black salve" at a little over 2%. Those 3 terms make up almost 92% of her search traffic, so there really isn't much left for the actual topics on her blog, if you think about it.

Just skimming through the search terms I can access, none of them are very topical, IMO. Michael Pearl probably gets the biggest share at a shade over 1/2%.

Terms that you'd think would be associated with her blog are nowhere to be found:

"training our daughters to be keepers at home" comes in at 56 with .02% and that was the first one I found that I really considered topical.

"women are weaker vessels" shows up at 70 also with .02%

Here are the top 25 keywords:

1. always learning

2. always be learning

3. black salve

4. always on honeymoon blogspot

5. utmost concern

6. michael pearl

7. unmaterialistic

8. benevolence meaning

9. always on honeymoon

10. always

11. let food be thy medicine

12. be anxious for nothing

13. lori alexander

14. define keeper

15. fooling around

16. healtcontains.blogspot in

17. lori hubby blog

18. mrs degree

19. what is frugal

20. marriage financial stability

21. divorce treat your man like a king

22. sick from candy

23. why i should watch christian tv

24. hearburn cures "powered by blogger"

25. ragamuffin gospel free pdf

For someone that essentially repeats the same thing over and over those are not particularly great stats, IMO.

Her bounce rate has gone down a lot, so that is probably because more FJers are reading there and because she is losing traffic from people that were checking her out and then just leaving. I remember at one point it was in the 80% range. Today it's 64.70% which is around the internet average of 60%, I believe.

She seems to have almost no international traffic (about 8%), but I guess that makes sense. I don't think other countries really live the lifestyle she is preaching. Her only international traffic probably comes from FJ and the other snark sites that follow her.

Forgive my ignorance, but are these Google stats? I ask this because when I first began frequenting Lori's blog, I typed in alwayslearning.co and it's actually the name of a company that touts itself as "the world's leading learning company" so I was wondering if that is why Always Learning is the #1 search. If we're talking about Google stats, this means "Always Learning" may have more to do with the company than with Lori's blog.

Perhaps it's because of Sheila's popularity. She writes successful books, she lectures and whenever there's a women's conference or get together online (as there is at the moment), Sheila is always invited while Lori probably isn't nearly as well known. Maybe it's as simple as the green-eyed monster. Combine that with Lori's massive narcissism and the need to be right and voila, instant conflict. CM once said that he's been reading Sheila's blog for over three years while trying to bring her to repentence :roll: and Sheila once stated that she and Lorken have been going round and round for about the same amount of time. I'm sure Sheila is tired of all of it and I can't blame her.

I think it must be at least partially jealous. If they were "trying to bring her to repentance" you would think they'd be trolling every Christian blog that wasn't as heinous as their own.

I get to her blog by googling "always learning". Just like I google "titus 2 blog" instead of whatever the maxwell's actual URL is.

Some of the blogs I follow I have put in my feed reader but I haven't been inclined to do that with Lori yet, but now that I pay more attention, I might.

I hope that every time I hit "refresh" to see new comments (or which ones have disappeared, lol) that doesn't count as another hit on her counter!

I think it must be at least partially jealous. If they were "trying to bring her to repentance" you would think they'd be trolling every Christian blog that wasn't as heinous as their own.

The sheer offensiveness of this would be mind-boggling if it weren't for the fact that, well, it's Ken and Lori.

I get that sometimes you may feel the need to do an intervention when someone you love is headed down a dangerous path. But c'mon, Lorken, do you really think that a fellow blogger who doesn't line up 100 percent with your personal beliefs needs to be "rebuked" (I typo'd that as "repuked," which is also appropriate give Lorken) and brought to "repentance"? How big IS your ego anyway? It's not your job to "convict" other people. If you were confident in your message and that Lori could actually win someone without a word, she'd shut the eff up and stay on her own blog.

But then she'd be preaching into the ether, screaming at the wind and getting her rabid spittle blown back in her face. Where's the fun in that?

The sheer offensiveness of this would be mind-boggling if it weren't for the fact that, well, it's Ken and Lori.

I get that sometimes you may feel the need to do an intervention when someone you love is headed down a dangerous path. But c'mon, Lorken, do you really think that a fellow blogger who doesn't line up 100 percent with your personal beliefs needs to be "rebuked" (I typo'd that as "repuked," which is also appropriate give Lorken) and brought to "repentance"? How big IS your ego anyway? It's not your job to "convict" other people. If you were confident in your message and that Lori could actually win someone without a word, she'd shut the eff up and stay on her own blog.

But then she'd be preaching into the ether, screaming at the wind and getting her rabid spittle blown back in her face. Where's the fun in that?

Exactly my point. Sheila shares the vast majority of Lorken's beliefs. She's just nice about it. So they're so egotistical that they can't just let a couple of nuances go.

Forgive my ignorance, but are these Google stats? I ask this because when I first began frequenting Lori's blog, I typed in alwayslearning.co and it's actually the name of a company that touts itself as "the world's leading learning company" so I was wondering if that is why Always Learning is the #1 search. If we're talking about Google stats, this means "Always Learning" may have more to do with the company than with Lori's blog.

Yeah google search terms. That could explain the ginormous bounce rate, as well which you wouldn't think you'd see if people were looking for her blog. This is one reason it's good to name your blog the same as your URL, kiddies :)

(First time poster; hope this works - blah blah.) Long comment - sorry. Also, I'm sorry if it's improper to name specific blog commenters.

I found Lori's blog through her commenting on Kelly's Korner - I suppose she'd be fundie-lite, if not mainstream Christian mommy blogger. Lori participated in a link-up Kelly had and I randomly checked out her blog. I was hooked initially because her viewpoints were like nothing I had ever heard, not having been raised fundie. She does still comment over on KK (recently to admonish her for accepting a short-term part-time work project, of course).

When I found Lori's blog she was very willing to dialogue. As long as you used respectful language she was mostly willing to go back and forth. And once or twice when she chose to delete comments I had left she emailed me and explain why. I'm not a daily reader but I would check in a few times per week and it was only somewhat recently that I noticed her deleting so many comments. It was probably around the same time that Courtney (Corrine?), who I think was a young woman pursuing a doctorate degree, stopped leaving comments on the blog.

There used to be a fair group of us who would regularly comment with very different viewpoints and I'd say that all of us are now gone. i think for several of us the last straw was when dedicated an entire post to calling out a working woman named Jo would would often comment on her keepers at home posts. Even somewhat sycophantic posters whose names I recognize (particularly Tiffany and Brittany) hardly comment anymore.

The thing with Sheila is strange, except that I think Lori likes the exposure from more popular bloggers. Sheila and Kelly are big fish in their respective ponds and a decent number of people probably come to her blog from comments she leaves there.

TL;DR: I actually used to enjoy engaging with Lori ... but now here I am!

(First time poster; hope this works - blah blah.) Long comment - sorry. Also, I'm sorry if it's improper to name specific blog commenters.

I found Lori's blog through her commenting on Kelly's Korner - I suppose she'd be fundie-lite, if not mainstream Christian mommy blogger. Lori participated in a link-up Kelly had and I randomly checked out her blog. I was hooked initially because her viewpoints were like nothing I had ever heard, not having been raised fundie. She does still comment over on KK (recently to admonish her for accepting a short-term part-time work project, of course).

When I found Lori's blog she was very willing to dialogue. As long as you used respectful language she was mostly willing to go back and forth. And once or twice when she chose to delete comments I had left she emailed me and explain why. I'm not a daily reader but I would check in a few times per week and it was only somewhat recently that I noticed her deleting so many comments. It was probably around the same time that Courtney (Corrine?), who I think was a young woman pursuing a doctorate degree, stopped leaving comments on the blog.

There used to be a fair group of us who would regularly comment with very different viewpoints and I'd say that all of us are now gone. i think for several of us the last straw was when dedicated an entire post to calling out a working woman named Jo would would often comment on her keepers at home posts. Even somewhat sycophantic posters whose names I recognize (particularly Tiffany and Brittany) hardly comment anymore.

The thing with Sheila is strange, except that I think Lori likes the exposure from more popular bloggers. Sheila and Kelly are big fish in their respective ponds and a decent number of people probably come to her blog from comments she leaves there.

Welcome!

Which KK post did lori comment on recently?

You found it in the time it was taking the n00b to try and figure out how to break the link :)

Re: the whole Lynn thing this weekend. Does anyone else think that was deleted because Ken was afraid it reflected poorly on him? (Professional image concerns and all).

Never mind, I found it.

KK wasn't even talking about lori and lori felt the need to come in and say that? Gross.

Whereabouts is this? I just read way more of Kelly's Korner than I wanted to looking for anything about part time work.

You found it in the time it was taking the n00b to try and figure out how to break the link :)

Re: the whole Lynn thing this weekend. Does anyone else think that was deleted because Ken was afraid it reflected poorly on him? (Professional image concerns and all).

Welcome chapstick!

To break links here, just whack off the http://www part of the url so a link to FJ would look like freejinger.org, for example.

edit to add: I just realized that I probably shouldn't use terms like "whack off" in a thread involving Kenori :shifty-kitty:

This is a really sad statement on the way Lori is presenting herself. I also am a first timer. I consider myself a fundi and I also used to respectfully disagree with Lori. I am very concerned about the continued emphasis that women should be uneducated and spend their lives waiting and hoping for marriage. I believe in submission but think she has a completely distorted and un-biblical view of it. No one should have absolute authority over another adult person. That is crazy and the woman cannot even appeal to the church unless it is outright abuse anything less and she just accepts that he controls her. And the thing about Genesis and ruling over the woman was a curse, not the promise of a new covenant marriage. That women should not goals independent of their husband's goals. Well, I could just go on. Well I guess I don't need to recap the craziness.

But the real thing that hurt me and made me stop posting was how she would bully people who would post. People would make a very respectful comment and if she disagreed it would show up as a post. She would say, here is a comment from my readers and then criticize and target that person's statements.

She is also very obtuse and unable to exercise clear logical thinking. This makes it hard for her to understand basic scriptural interpretations. And just because Ken went to seminary, anyone can study hard and pass school. It still does not mean that he has the capacity or clarity of thought to clearly interpret the obvious meanings of some rather straight forward scriptures.

She has become very extreme lately and very ungracious. She just comes across as not a very nice person and I think she really hurts her cause and hurt others that share the same label that she does.

So, yes I read here now, at least the Lori threads, (I like the Duggars although I also think their views of courtship are extreme they don't push it on others and I feel like they can do whatever they like with their lives) But it is the only place I see sanity and someone speaking out against the madness that women should be subjugated and under the absolute control of another person. I am sorry. I just had to vent. But, yes their are probably many fundies who previously read and engaged with Lori who no longer do.

She will not respect or listen to the views of anyone else and has elevated her views as the absolute authority divinely given from God.

Welcome chapstick!

To break links here, just whack off the http://www part of the url so a link to FJ would look like freejinger.org, for example.

edit to add: I just realized that I probably shouldn't use terms like "whack off" in a thread involving Kenori :shifty-kitty:

I think the correct phraseology would be "take the link by the horn" :dancing-demon:

Lori & Ken seem to think that "teaching" can be perfectly linear. There is no subject that is a completely straight line, there are always branches and different paths you can take. If they really KNEW the subjects they're "teaching," they could go down any path someone takes them on.

And they definitely don't agree with the line from Born Yesterday "The idea of learning is to be bigger, not smaller."

Whereabouts is this? I just read way more of Kelly's Korner than I wanted to looking for anything about part time work.

kellyskornerblog.com/2014/04/nine-to-five.html

Lori was just being mean.

Lori Alexander • 5 months ago

I hesitated commenting, Kelly, since I disagree with your decision. Older women, which I am, are commanded by God to teach younger women with children to be keepers at home. Something will suffer if you work out of the home and it is usually your marriage. Your children need to be nurtured and trained by you since you love them more than anyone else. Most women just don't have the energy to work and be a help meet to their husbands, train their children, and take care of their home. I hope you have prayed long and hard about this because it is usually not worth it in the end and the sacrifice your whole family will have to make. I only say this in sincere concern for your family, those who love and care for you most. Love, Lori

This is a woman who had a nanny holding her child for hours a day and when she did have them shut them in their rooms for hours because she couldn't stand being around them. And you know she didn't hesitate for one second to write this. If she was really concerned why didn't she send her an email? She just wanted attention. I don't know anything about Kelly but I am pretty sure she has a better marriage than Lori.

kellyskornerblog.com/2014/04/nine-to-five.html

Lori was just being mean.

Lori Alexander • 5 months ago

I hesitated commenting, Kelly, since I disagree with your decision. Older women, which I am, are commanded by God to teach younger women with children to be keepers at home. Something will suffer if you work out of the home and it is usually your marriage. Your children need to be nurtured and trained by you since you love them more than anyone else. Most women just don't have the energy to work and be a help meet to their husbands, train their children, and take care of their home. I hope you have prayed long and hard about this because it is usually not worth it in the end and the sacrifice your whole family will have to make. I only say this in sincere concern for your family, those who love and care for you most. Love, Lori

This is a woman who had a nanny holding her child for hours a day and when she did have them shut them in their rooms for hours because she couldn't stand being around them. And you know she didn't hesitate for one second to write this. If she was really concerned why didn't she send her an email? She just wanted attention. I don't know anything about Kelly but I am pretty sure she has a better marriage than Lori.

Just about EVERYBODY has a better marriage than Lori. I'm sitting here in the corporate apartment laughing my ass off...Lorken would be apoplectic at our situation...I relocated for a job and left the hubs at home to finish up loose ends there while I work and look for a house here. She'd also shit bricks at my salary...Oh well...fuck her and her narrow-ass view of life, miserable marriage, and all that shit.

Hey new posters! Welcome to the pit of vipers!

But really... I think it's quite telling that you guys (who are conservative Christians, it seems) also disagree fundamentally with the evil that Lori and Ken spout.

Ken, we know you read here. Your circle of True Christians[tm][/tm] keeps getting smaller and smaller. What will it take for you to admit to yourself that you guys are the problem?

Here is something I am tempted to post to Klorien about -- dun dun DUNNN -- "the exceptions"

It seems to me that if you're posting only for those who already agree with you, that doesn't make much sense because they are unlikely to need your advice -- I mean we all appreciate support from like-minded people, but if someone who is struggling in their marriage holds the same views about the bible and submission and all that as Klorien does, they will have just as much opportunity to come to the same conclusions on their own without/before reading it on Lori's blog. It's not like Lori has any special take, and she certainly doesn't have any special way with words.

So it seems her so-called advice is really aimed at those who *don't* already have the same perspective.

And of those people, only the ones who are struggling are going to read the blog for advice -- happy people of a different mindset are not looking for help. So the readers are struggling. What does that mean?

I think it means that they are having problems, and their initial attempts to solve their problems have not worked.

So, who reads this blog actually looking for advice? Let's review: people who are struggling in their marriage, who don't already see everything the Klorien way, but who are seeking the "biblical" way.

And what happens when these people write in and ask for help and point out that their initial attempts to solve their problems based on biblical teachings have not worked? Why, they get labeled as exceptions and shown the door, of course!

So, they're not going to help the happy likeminded people because they are happy and don't need help

They're not going to help the unhappy likeminded people because those people can read the bible themselves and come to the same conclusions without Klorien's help

They're not going to help the happy not-likeminded people because they are happy and don't need help

They're not going to help the unhappy not-likeminded people because they are all exceptions

:cray-cray:

Archived