IGNORED

Duggar Aviation LLC

indifferent

I've been self-employed since 2008 and that's the first I've heard that I can't hire an employee. :lol: Self-employed just means you work for yourself or are paid on a 1099 contract basis. Anyone can file for an Employer ID Number (EIN) and hire people under them. You don't need an LLC to do that although it is a great idea to do it because it limits your liability which is probably why JB does it.

You can hire independent contractors to do work, but you can't have employees. Google it.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply
An anonymous FJer who is a flight instructor confirmed some of my skepticism about DuggarWatch's claims. Anon confirms the medical certificate is good for five years when performing third class operations, and that DW's estimate for how long it might take JD to get an IFR rating is purely speculative: he could be doing trips and flying with a commercial instructor to teach him at the same time. Saves time and money, and gives real world experience.

Anon says it's not uncommon to rent out a plane in order to earn some money back toward the cost of ownership. I may have to accept that all of those flights aren't necessarily Duggar flights. Sigh. The consensus around FJ is that JB loves money and will take it where he can get it, but I cling to the notion that his small penis syndrome requires that all planes be available to him and his sons, who are extensions of him, at all times.

I don't want to c/p from the pm I got, but anon shot down DW's musings about Cessna specs and upgrades with technical talk that I would butcher if I paraphrased it. I'll try to paraphrase anyway.

Anon says 160hp is fine until you've tried 180hp, anon has flown this model with 145hp and that's okay, too. Anon is confident that a 172's control panel would be pretty easy to upgrade for IFR flights. And that yes you can put in a new engine or glass if you want to spend the money.

Anon went on to say that no, instruction isn't necessarily always with the same instructor. They all need to be in the loop if there are multiple instructors, of course. Anon clarified that a JD may have flown Joe to ALERT as a student if he had his instructor up front with him, and that he could be doing IFR practice right now, for instance, with an instructor onboard. If and when he gets (or got) an IFR rating, it could take 30-90 days for faa.gov to reflect it. Finally, anon said that yes it would make sense if JD were getting training in Bentonville, as opposed to Big Sandy, and training with a plane you own would save a lot of money in rental fees. Now I'm wondering if the Cessna is "Josiah's plane," and the Cirrus is "John David's plane," so to speak. Anon implied (or I inferred) that the Cirrus could be their good plane for flying politicians around (and said there are faa rules around accepting money for having candidates as passengers).

It looks like I'm splitting hairs or obsessing over trifles, but I'm just stuck on a few things and need to go over them again and again until it makes sense. So the IFR thing may be a red herring. It threw a wrench in my speculating, that's for sure.

I admire your tenacity and determination to get a firm grasp. Keep at it!

There is also a listing for Dillard Family Ministries filed on 6/17/2015. Jill and Derick are listed as directors.

And CHARLES CHADWICK GALLAGHER of DeQueen, AR, is listed as some sort of honcho. Didn't Duggar Air go in that direction?

"Also note that independent contractors may have their own employees or may hire other independent contractors (subcontractors)." http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-Bus ... ontractors

Under a Sole Proprietorship (which is a company, not a corporation), an independent contractor can have 'Agreements for Personal Services' which fall under employee status for IRS purposes and employment laws.

I admire your tenacity and determination to get a firm grasp. Keep at it!

Halcionne.....I was also skeptical of DuggarWatch because s/he would not respond directly to your questions and, in fact, attacked you.

Thanks for keeping at it.

And CHARLES CHADWICK GALLAGHER of DeQueen, AR, is listed as some sort of honcho. Didn't Duggar Air go in that direction?

The plot thickens. That's the Duggar spin doctor:

legacyincorporated.com/our-principal/

Halcionne.....I was also skeptical of DuggarWatch because s/he would not respond directly to your questions and, in fact, attacked you.

Thanks for keeping at it.

It appears as though you are having gender identity problems. :laughing-rolling:

Liability insurance covers that, whether a plane is owned by an individual or by a company. Also, having an LLC does NOT limit personal responsibility for everything. The owners and/or directors and/or employees of a corporation are subject to personal liability for many things and can be sued personally.

:doh:

It's limited liability company, not corporation. Look at me, correcting my mistakes. You should try it some time, DuggarWatch. From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limited_liability_company (bolding is mine, for readability):

Advantages[edit]

Choice of tax regime. An LLC can elect to be taxed as a sole proprietor, partnership, S corporation or C corporation (as long as they would otherwise qualify for such tax treatment), providing for a great deal of flexibility.

A limited liability company with multiple members that elects to be taxed as partnership may specially allocate the members' distributive share of income, gain, loss, deduction, or credit via the company operating agreement on a basis other than the ownership percentage of each member so long as the rules contained in Treasury Regulation (26 CFR) 1.704-1 are met. S corporations may not specially allocate profits, losses and other tax items under US tax law.

Limited liability, meaning that the owners of the LLC, called "members", are protected from some or all liability for acts and debts of the LLC depending on state shield laws.

Much less administrative paperwork and record keeping than a corporation.

Pass-through taxation (i.e., no double taxation), unless the LLC elects to be taxed as a C corporation.

Using default tax classification, profits are taxed personally at the member level, not at the LLC level.

LLCs in most states are treated as entities separate from their members. However, in some jurisdictions such as Connecticut, case law has determined that owners were not required to plead facts sufficient to pierce the corporate veil and LLC members can be personally liable for operation of the LLC (see, for example, the case of Sturm v. Harb Development[11]).

LLCs in some states can be set up with just one natural person involved.

Less risk to be "stolen" by fire-sale acquisitions (more protection against "hungry" investors).

For real estate companies, each separate property can be owned by its own, individual LLC, thereby shielding not only the owners, but their other properties from cross-liability.

So it's about protecting one's assets in several ways, including liability.

Anon source pointed to this link http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry ... N&PageNo=4 to demonstrate how many planes are owned by LLCs. It's not about hiring relatives, or even turning a profit, in this case.

OMG I see my friend Chad's name in a post above mine! I'm on my way out the door and will catch up on the thread later.

Under a Sole Proprietorship (which is a company, not a corporation), an independent contractor can have 'Agreements for Personal Services' which fall under employee status for IRS purposes and employment laws.

All self-employed people are sole proprietors.

"You do not have to take any formal action to form a sole proprietorship. As long as you are the only owner, this status automatically comes from your business activities. In fact, you may already own one without knowing it. If you are a freelance writer, for example, you are a sole proprietor."

http://www.sba.gov/content/sole-proprietorship-0

It's limited liability company, not corporation. Look at me, correcting my mistakes.

Yeah, you'll need to do that again, too.

In Arkansas, "A LLC may be taxed by the Internal Revenue Service as corporations or as partnerships, depending on their structure."

http://www.sos.arkansas.gov/BCS/Pages/c ... ns.aspx#c9

it's about protecting one's assets in several ways, including liability.

"Exceptions to Limited Liability:

"While LLC owners enjoy limited personal liability for many of their business transactions, this protection is not absolute. This drawback is not unique to LLCs, however -- the same exceptions apply to corporations. An LLC owner can be held personally liable if he or she:

*personally and directly injures someone

*personally guarantees a bank loan or a business debt on which the LLC defaults

*fails to deposit taxes withheld from employees' wages

*intentionally does something fraudulent, illegal, or reckless that causes harm to the company or to someone else, or

*treats the LLC as an extension of his or her personal affairs, rather than as a separate legal entity.

"This last exception is the most important. If owners don't treat the LLC as a separate business, a court might decide that the LLC doesn't really exist and find that its owners are really doing business as individuals who are personally liable for their acts."

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/ ... 30163.html

Anon source pointed to this link ...

Why have you turned into a tool for a troll? :music-tool:

Can't Mr. Anonymous post for himself?

All self-employed people are sole proprietors.

"You do not have to take any formal action to form a sole proprietorship. As long as you are the only owner, this status automatically comes from your business activities. In fact, you may already own one without knowing it. If you are a freelance writer, for example, you are a sole proprietor."

http://www.sba.gov/content/sole-proprietorship-0

In the case of Duggar Aviation, Michelle and Jim Bob own the company and are officers. So, it is not a sole proprietorship.

"Unless a business meets the requirements listed below to be a qualified joint venture, a sole proprietorship must be solely owned by one spouse, and the other spouse can work in the business as an employee. A business jointly owned and operated by a husband and wife is a partnership (and should file Form 1065 (.pdf), U.S. Return of Partnership Income) unless the spouses qualify and elect to have the business be treated as a qualified joint venture, or they operate their business in one of the nine community property states."

(Arkansas is not a community property state."

http://www.irs.gov/Help-&-Resources/Too ... s/Entities

It appears as though you are having gender identity problems. :laughing-rolling:

No. It is because no one is sure if you are a she or a he. You can tell us what you like to go by or continue to be called s/he.

In the case of Duggar Aviation, Michelle and Jim Bob own the company and are officers. So, it is not a sole proprietorship.

I never said that it was. I was just correcting your comment that "Self-employed people cannot have employees." You argued that they couldn't and I corrected you with official sources. :nenner:

Oh no, why has it come to this? I want the old Duggar Aviation LLC thread back! You remember the good old days (like 2 weeks ago) when Halcionne would post a Flight Aware and we would all wonder where the Duggars were headed and who they are flying around and why they were going where they were going.. that is the stuff I want to read. Let's not lose focus of why we love this thread, for first-hand updated reports from the Amazing Halcionne on JD and his entourage (the flight Instructor and flight student Josiah). I just want our Flightening Fundie Adventures back as it was.

I never said that it was. I was just correcting your comment that "Self-employed people cannot have employees." You argued that they couldn't and I corrected you with official sources. :nenner:

jersharocks, you are so correct, and my hat is off to those who continue to try to reason with DuggarWatch, who used to have interesting posts. Don't know how things devolved so quickly.

I've never known anyone to try to state "self-employed people cannot have employees" with a straight face. That's patently absurd.

No. It is because no one is sure if you are a she or a he. You can tell us what you like to go by or continue to be called s/he.

Just call me Bruce Jenner. :snooty:

Can we pretty please go back to the flight posts? Thank you.!

We can't post about something not happening. It's not as if the planes are in the sky, but being ignored. Don't worry flight info hasn't gone away.

Can somebody put in a call to JD and tell him to get back up into the air?

Oh no, why has it come to this? I want the old Duggar Aviation LLC thread back! You remember the good old days (like 2 weeks ago) when Halcionne would post a Flight Aware and we would all wonder where the Duggars were headed and who they are flying around and why they were going where they were going.. that is the stuff I want to read. Let's not lose focus of why we love this thread, for first-hand updated reports from the Amazing Halcionne on JD and his entourage (the flight Instructor and flight student Josiah). I just want our Flightening Fundie Adventures back as it was.

I agree! This is my most favorite thread!!

CXEH0qQ.png

Come on TLC this is you chance to bring back the Duggars :cracking-up:

Is that Pamela Anderson with JD? Imagine!! LOL

Actually, I think it is a little more than a side hug. It looks to me like a mid clavicle with left boobage hug. Could JD be our Breaking Duggar hopeful?

Archived